Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountain Man  (Read 51458 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Man
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »

Ooc: using a luck makes that Socialize a critical right?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2015, 01:34:34 pm »

OOC: Yep. But Montoya is out of Luck.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2015, 02:36:27 pm »

He gives in an contacts the cheap option, booking passage for himself and the others to use the man's shuttle. He does not give the others details only that they are registered for hunting bounties on the planet.

He adds concussion grenades to his list to grab from the armoury along with the equiptment to set up a motion tracking RC gun.

He also starts rigging up an RC car with a stun grenade that he can drive then set off via remote control
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:40:44 pm by Forge »

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

"Hey, Zeek! I got one."

Natalia exclaims happily, arms out streatched, a paper figure recognizable as an origami turtle resting in her cupped hands.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2015, 09:11:41 am »

"Oh, that's a good one!" Moonkit claps.

Zeek just sighs loudly and sets his paper down.

"Yeah, that's pretty good," he agrees, though he's done trying for now.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2015, 09:13:51 am »

After arranging to have the Swamp Rat 9 meet them in orbit over Callisto, the Dandy Desperado makes the trip to Callisto through real space – the Hypergate Toll being just too high at this point, to justify the expense.

Thirteen hours later, they arrive, and set a high orbit over Callisto.

Looking at the cold wilderness moon below, the crew can see that they have lucked out somewhat in timing of their arrival. An interesting feature of the environment is the perpetual twilight of Callisto. This ranges (depending on how the Sun is reflecting off Jupiter at the time) from a dull ‘daylight’, similar to an overcast day on Earth; to full blown star-filled night sky. Currently, the skies are lit with enough ambient light that working in the region around the sawmill won’t require additional light sources.

A signal from the Swamp Rat 9 then comes in.

“This is the Swam Rat 9 to Dandy Desperado; Coming in for passenger transfer. I’ve got docking clamps, so suit up. I’ll hook on yer underbelly.”

Through the Bridge windows, everyone sees the most dilapidated piece of flying refuse they have ever laid eyes on. It’s absolutely amazing that the thing can fly, let alone hold air in against the cold vacuum of space…

A few minutes later, the rusted-out-shit-box of a ship clanks loudly off the hull of the Desperado and then magnetically clamps down near the lower space hatch.

“All aboard!,” Captain Olesko Jones says with a laugh – “Oh, and you’ll want to keep yer suits on. Won’t be any air in here, till we get down to the surface.”

OK… so maybe it doesn’t hold air against the cold vacuum of space after all… 

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2015, 12:44:45 pm »

"Thanks Moonkit. I'll bet you can learn it too, if you want."

Natalia notices that Ezekiel has gotten a little down about the whole thing, which is a little disheartening since she'd been having allot of fun, especially the humor she got out of some of her more spectacular duds.

"So, Zeek. When you and Montoya bust in there and put the kibosh on this Popsicle hunt, what's your skill set?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2015, 12:57:37 pm »

"Oh, 'me and Montoya'?" Ezekiel asks, "You staying with Moonkit on the ship then?"

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2015, 03:13:39 pm »

"My derring-do is for the Big Screen only I'm afraid...Really I'm more of a refugee here, while I figure out what to do about...well, yeah, I do allot of my own stunts and I know how to use a gun, but I'm not a real action hero type."

She laughs a little to cover her awkwardness, realizing that Ezekiel and Montoya might very well expect her to have boots on the ground...she thought she'd signed up for babysitting...It was clearly needed!

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2015, 05:25:22 pm »

"Yar me hearties! Time to suit up and ship out!" Montoya announces through the comms. Ezekiel will know that this means he has changed into his swashbuckling outfit including bandana, pistol belts and sword buckled specially to show off the austentacious bits to full effect. He also has his rifle and the other forementioned gear in a small case he has clipped to his personal vac suit.

Then in a normal voice "Just keep an eye on this lift of ours, not the best reputation, Moonkit and Vicini will be holding the Dandy unless our young lady would prefere to keep her company and man the ships guns incase of betrayal? Ah the systems have been locked down more fully, you'll need the password 'Vengance' to unlock the guns moonkit!"

As he talks he heads to the port side airlock ready to get things moving

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2015, 07:46:32 pm »

"Wait, are we boarding by space walk?"

Natalia admits to herself that Moonkit probably knows how to use the guns better than she does. It's weird, that both of these bounty hunters want her along, expect her along. What do they think she can do exactly? Lull the bad guys into a false sense of security with a smile and autographs?

Natalia heads off to put on her skin suit, then packs all her permits, a handful of pain pills (9) three anti toxin, three antirad, her deck pistol, all her permits, her armored vest, and an elegant and warm winter wear outfit.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2015, 08:14:15 pm »

"Oh just a short one!" Montoya happily replies "remember that you are free to raid the armoury and make sure to have some tranc rounds and stun grenades handy, great things for hasty retreats! Can't even blow your hand off it you mess up!"

He waits till the crew is assembled and ready to airlock

"Oh and moonkit, remember that you have the bridge so if any SSPD come you act young and I can be reached on my SOL phone. If we are betrayed and our pilot try's to abandon us, blow his ship up ok? Ah and I left a captains hat on the bridge for you."

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2015, 09:17:53 pm »

'I guess I'll have to go then. Well, I don't have to, but...'

Natalia grabs her SOL phone and makes sure her 'collection' (*Cough* drugs *Cough*) is secured, for Moonkit's sake, before picking up the suggested supplies from the armory. It helps her to think of the dangerous weapons as meager props. She grabs some paper, passing back through the lounge, decided that making origami turtles is a pretty cool thing to do.

She really would have happily chosen to stay with Moonkit and the dog until she thought of something instantly terrifying:

She would be on board The Dandy Desperado, a ship that she does not know how to pilot, her soul companions a dog and a child, orbiting a heavenly body she knows almost nothing about, for an unknown amount of time, with an unknown person pursuing her, and to top it all off, if something goes wrong with Montoya and Ezekiel, she might not even know what happened, ever. Somehow, she'd much rather board the Swamp Rat...

All that aside, she looks damn fine in her skinsuit.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:17:35 pm by Ugilick »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 03:16:24 pm »

Captain Montoya, Ezekiel, and Natalia, leave Moonkit (and the dog) aboard the Desperado and head out the hatch on the underbelly of the ship. It is an absolutely exhilarating experience for Natalia, being weightless and floating the short distance between the hatch and the Swamp Rat 9 - its airlock open to receive everyone. For the Captain (and even Ezekiel), it's not their first time free floating in space.

Once aboard the Swamp Rat 9, the airlock closes and Olesko Jones comes over the comms from the currently sealed bridge.

"Welcome aboard! This is your Captain, Olesko Jones speaking, please avoid leaning too hard on the airlocks - they tend to open and close on their own haha!"

With that the ship releases its grip on the Desperado and maneuverers itself into a descent towards the surface of Callisto.

A few moments later a red warning light abruptly begins flashing in the cabin and Olesko Jones comes back on the comms (an alarm bell ringing in the background) - "Farkers got a lock on us! This some kind of joke?!?"

A moment later, another voice hails everyone over the radio – “This is Callisto Traffic Control. You have failed to transmit your Callisto airspace authorization code. Please do so immediately or redirect your course away from Callisto. If you do not comply, you will be shot down."

"Standing by for code transmission.”

"Code?!?" Olesko Jones yells, "You didn't give them your code in advance? Shit! What's the code?!?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2015, 03:26:50 pm »

Montoya immediatly sends the code to Jones as well as out over open comms to be safe and ensure that they hear it.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »

Captain Montoya, Ezekiel, and Natalia, leave Moonkit (and the dog) aboard the Desperado and head out the hatch on the underbelly of the ship. It is an absolutely exhilarating experience for Natalia, being weightless and floating the short distance between the hatch and the Swamp Rat 9 - its airlock open to receive everyone. For the Captain (and even Ezekiel), it's not their first time free floating in space.

Natalia floats blissfully, they'd intended to actually put her in space for the scene, but it just didn't work out that way. It left her with a custom made skinsuit barely worn. While made to be fully functional, it was still made for Hollywood. It therefor deliberately accentuates her assets.

They'd even gone as far as coaching her on what to do in this environment. It comes to her naturally.

"Code?!?" Olesko Jones yells, "You didn't give them your code in advance? Shit! What's the code?!?"

When the alarms go off, she doesn't panic quite like one might imagine. She centers up and even looks for a moment like she might be planning to do something.

Montoya immediatly sends the code to Jones as well as out over open comms to be safe and ensure that they hear it.

No less, Montoya handles it. 'He's a very strange man,' she thinks, 'however a dependable one I think.'

She waits, anticipating with positive outlook what might happen next.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 03:51:27 pm »

"Authorization Code confirmed," the voice over the radio replies - “You are cleared to land. Please have a nice day.”

(That last bit, about having a nice day, sounds a little cheeky – as if the guy enjoys threatening to blow ships out of the sky a little too much.)

Sawmill 147

Sweeping down to the surface, the Swamp Rat comes in over the coordinates of the abandoned sawmill and lands at the edge of a large clearing just south of the building. As it does so, Natalia thinks she spots someone (or something) moving quickly from the loading dock and into the sawmill itself (but whatever it is is obscured by shadows). Other than that, there doesn’t appear to be anyone around.

As the hatch of the scout ship opens, a crisp chill blows in.

It is currently below freezing in the area, with a foot deep snow covering the thick pine forest all around – except for the clearing itself, which is nothing more than a vast pit of frozen windswept mud. Torn up and gouged by the treads of heavy machinery during the warmer seasons, the uneven ground will be somewhat difficult to traverse if one isn’t careful.

A rusty derelict crane sits to the south of a four foot high concrete loading dock off the mill, once used to move cut and banded lumber onto transport vehicles, though it appears to have had its engine compartment blown apart at some point.

A tall pile of sixty foot logs also rests near the mill, where under normal operations, they would be pulled by an overhead crane in the mill room and onto a giant table saw inside.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 03:59:11 pm »

"Thank you for flying with Air Jones," Olesk Jones is heard over the ship comms, the doors to the bridge remaining sealed.

"I'll wait here for you. Good luck."

"Oh, and I'll be on this frequency if you need me. If anything starts shooting at the ship though, I'm leaving until you guys deal with it yourselves."

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2015, 04:08:27 pm »

"Montoya, Zeek, did you guys see that? I'm pretty sure somebody just ran inside the Building from the deck."

"Thank you for flying with Air Jones," Olesk Jones is heard over the ship comms, the doors to the bridge remaining sealed.

"I'll wait here for you. Good luck."

"Oh, and I'll be on this frequency if you need me. If anything starts shooting at the ship though, I'm leaving until you guys deal with it yourselves."

Natalia is all smiles, it's attractive, but a little mischievous,
"Not exactly a bastion of heroism are you Mr. Jones? My thanks for getting us this far."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »

Montoya flourishes a quick bow to the ship "We will return shortly my good captain with bounty in tow."

He then takes a couple of steps forward, standing in full pose mode "Well then we have already been spotted, prepare to move in and subdue the bounty!" he looks like he is about to begin matching instantly when he glances at Natalia "Ah, my dear if you could stay safely behind us to act as a spotter that would be appreciated"

Thinking he had been appropriately manly to the lady in order to keep her from harm he begins carefully making his way towards the western edge of the mill, loading normal bullets into his rifle as he goes.

(ooc: obviously prepared to Dodge at the first sign of gunfire and checking for booby traps as he goes)

---

Track 6 1d20 : 14, total 14
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:22:28 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2015, 05:17:04 pm »

"Heroics cost extra; Payment in advance toots," Olesko Jones replies to Natalia with a laugh.

Ezekiel meanwhile hops out of the ship to join Captain Montoya. He carries his spray tranq in one hand and his deck pistol in the other.

Natalia watches, as the two of them cross the opening between the ship and the mill. They arrive at the loading dock, near the derelict crane, without incident.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2015, 05:53:35 pm »

She dawned in advance her winter wear, and watches carefully, as requested.

"In advance only?" She asks after a wait, humored sounding, "Sounds like you just might miss out."

She's very nervous, but it only just barely bleeds into her tone. This comes down as the second, maybe third most nerve-racking day of her life. She's never seen anything like this in person.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2015, 07:43:22 pm »

Montoya quickly begins setting up his Rc car with attached stun grenade, it might not move well I'm the snow but inside it will be perfect.

Once it is ready he plans to swap out the real bullets in his rifle with trancs before he begins sending in his 'Scout'

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2015, 06:20:00 am »

Captain Montoya realizes that he has no tranq rounds for his rifle...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2015, 06:39:34 am »

As they get closer, Ezekiel heads to cover the large opening where the logs are piled, while Captain Montoya reaches the loading dock, near the crane.

At the crane, Captain Montoya can see into the mill itself – a wide open area with a thick carpet of sawdust that houses a giant table saw, control room, generator, and an overhead crane used to pull logs in from the log pile outside and place them on the giant table saw. A few kerosene burning torpedo heaters (each about three feet long and secured to a pallet) are located in the corners or the mill room floor, used during normal operations to warm the area; though it is clear from their rust that none have been lit in quite a while.

From the log pile, Ezekiel can see into the opening that allows logs to be pulled into the mill by the overhead crane. Beyond that is the giant table saw (composed of a long row of six-foot circular blades) - used to simultaneously cut multiple logs into more manageable lengths of lumber, beams, and planks. Across from the saw, toward the back of the mill, Ezekiel can also see the control room – accessible by a set of metal stairs and standing on thick timber posts fifteen feet above the mill room floor, so as to afford a clear view of the giant table saw in operation.

Various items of storage and large pieces of equipment have been stowed in the space under the control room, including about a dozen or so fifty-gallon drums of kerosene and fuel stacked on pallets.

No one appears to be in the area…
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:47:26 am by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2015, 12:45:35 pm »

The Capt. pauses for a moment then decides he has to 'get into the mind' of the whole situation, not just the bounty head for this. he blatantly begins reenacting some maneuvers like preparing to swing from a rope held by the ceiling crane while swinging his sword and leaping over the burning brazier ending with a short dive and roll as is leaping away from a giant explosion.

Assuming he isn't shot at for these few moments he then spies back inside the area while mumbling to himself "So the bugger hasn't hung any ropes from the ceiling and the large heaters aren't even lit! How does he expect me to make a heroic entrance like this? At least he has piled up enough Kerosene here to blow the entire place sky high."

Not being able to find his tranc rounds, or remember if he actually owned any in the first place, he loads up thumper rounds instead. "Well got to locate the target for my glorious entrance at least."

He sends in his RC car to drive through the mill to see if it's movement flushes the bounty head out.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2015, 01:08:13 pm »

Captain Montoya also remembers that his thumper rounds are only for the flintlocks. If he uses his rifle, it will be to kill (or seriously maim).

The R/C car drives through the mill with no problem. It occurs to the Captain that mounting a camera on it could be useful sometime...

Ezekiel meanwhile, climbs up the log pile and onto the giant saw table, careful not to step on anything that could suddenly begin moving underneath him.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2015, 02:43:48 pm »

Ooc: I thought about the cam but it wouldn't fit his obvious flaw to put one on right away lol

He loads the flintlocks with the thumpers and readies his rifle to wound the target first, a couple of bullet wounds never hurt anyone right?

He gets on their private comms "Natalia my dear, it seems safe to move up a bit but don't get too close too fast, he might try to escape us and steal the ship so best if you keep an eye on it too." Then seeing Ezekiel "Good man, that will make things more exciting once they start up the crane and the saws!"

He brings his RC car back to him then quickly uses his arm computer to scan for any computers, detonators or wireless signals in or close to the building.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2015, 02:46:44 pm »

Captain Montoya finds that the only active signals right now are coming from him and his crew.

Ezekiel crosses the saw table and hops down to the floor of the mill. The place is deserted. He then decides to go check out the control room.

---

Spot 9 1d20 : 19, total 19
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:49:38 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2015, 02:53:05 pm »

Montoya runs to the corner (North West) so that he can see up the stairs of the control room and cover Ezekiel "Once the explosions start I'll leap over then to help!" He announces as he holds the rifle one handed and draws his sword in the other, clicking the button to activate the rousing and dramatic music for the upcoming battle.

"See if you can get the jump on him before he knows we are coming!" He adds helpfully

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kln605W1r3E for the current score)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2015, 02:55:09 pm »

Pulling open the door to the control room, Ezekiel notices a thin cable attached to the top of the door as it pulled taught. There immediately followed a loud click and the sudden clamor of heavy steel as a number of giant saw blades (each weighing about 400 pounds) stored above the control room topple down from above…

---

Surge Point Spent to Dodge 8 1d20 : 13, total 13

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

Forcing himself to react, Ezekiel spends 2 Luck and dives from the stairs, tucking into a roll and springing back up on the mill room floor – just as two and a half tons of steel saw blades crash down, tearing the stairs to shreds and smashing up the concrete floor under the sawdust.

The noise of it all is deafening.  If Jackson isn’t aware that the crew was here by now, he never will be…

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2015, 03:17:04 pm »

"A classic trap, excellent!" Montoya exclaims as he pears through the wreakage and around other vantage points to try and spot any movement

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »

"Crap, that was too close!" Ezekiel says, heading back up the wrecked stairs to get into the now opened control room.

Inside the control room are all the controls used to operate the saws, as well as the overhead crane used to feed logs from the Log Pile outside onto the Giant Table Saw. Because the mill generator has apparently been sabotaged however, there is currently no power to the Control Room.

A cursory look around by Captain Montoya confirms that the mill generator has been blasted with dynamite and is totally useless. He sees no other sign of anyone about though.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2015, 05:47:24 pm »

"Well this is anti-climactic" Montoya mumbles to himself as he picks up his RC-gun-car and heads over to the crane, thinking that checking it out might provide a lead, and if not he can play on it a bit instead.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:55 pm »

Before Natalia moves up, she looks over at Jones, "So, would you call this your, 'run of the mill' bounty hunt? Or what?"

She walks towards the mill over the frozen mud. She doesn't necessarily want to get any closer, but... It's on Montoya's suggestion, why not?

She is wearing her armored police vest and has drawn her deck pistol.

(Unless you don't want her to have had time to put it on sense I didn't really mention it. Just figured she'd put it on once the atmosphere didn't require a skinsuit anymore.)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2015, 07:00:41 am »

Montoya finds that the crane has also been sabotaged - the engine blown apart.

Natalia is able to don her armored vest and move up unhindered.

"Doesn't look like anyone is here, Captain." Ezekiel says, walking out onto the loading dock.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2015, 12:27:29 pm »

"No sign of anyone Montoya? There was something moving into there recently. Stay sharp."

Natalia says over the com as she draws near the loading dock.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2015, 12:29:36 pm »

Montoya tuts, he could have hung a rope from the crane to swing at the bounty head from but it's pointless if he cant maneuver it into position.

"It looks that way but you think you saw something so I'll trust your eyes. Natalia my dear, if you could hold ground near the loading dock and keep an eye on the ship. Ezekiel can check the last of the interior for hiding spots along with the wood pile and Eastern side and I'll check the tree line in case he went that way, keep eyes peeled for movement and signs of the snow being disturbed!"

He then heads round the back, totally forgetting to be subtle again and still playing his music (It's a 10 minute piece after all and it would be a shame to stop it part way through) to scan the tree line and the snow for signs of recent activity.

---

Reaction Save 8 1d20 : 5, total 5
Reaction Save 8 1d20 : 3, total 3
Reaction Save 8 1d20 : 4, total 4
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:49:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2015, 12:51:45 pm »

Montoya Search 9 1d20 : 11, total 11
Ezekiel Search 11+2X 1d20 : 16, total 16

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2015, 12:54:10 pm »

Looking along the tree line, Captain Montoya finds some boot tracks headed to the mill from the north and wolf? tracks?... Unfortunately, the wind has swept snow around most of the tracks, so they can't be followed anywhere useful.

Inside the Mill, Ezikial gives it a good 'once-over' but finds nothing of note.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2015, 12:58:53 pm »

Montoya calls his chum over "There are some tracks here old boy, your better at this than me so want to have a look?" he calls over the comms as he heads back inside himself to look about for anything valuable that might not be missed.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2015, 01:33:44 pm »

Ezekiel Reaction Save 9 1d20 : 15, total 15
Ezekiel Search 11+2X 1d20 : 19, total 19
Montoya Search 9 1d20 : 8, total 8

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2015, 01:48:46 pm »

Ezekiel comes out of the mill, passing Captain Montoya, as Montoya goes in to do a second search of the place.

Looking around, Montoya notices (with a luck Point) some suspicious scrapes on the floor, near the edge of an oil-drum pallet, stored under the control room.

A moment later, outside, something under the snow clamps down on Ezekiel's leg with a loud clang, as he is looking around the tree line (8 Damage + Bum Leg Flaw). Ezekiel yells out and tries to withdraw his foot, but finds that he is held in place by a steel bear-trap (chained to the ground).

"Aw hell no!" Ezekial curses, quickly trying to unclamp the trap with both hands and expecting a sniper's bullet at any second...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:50:25 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »

Montoya carefully approaches the pale then while a short distance away rams it a few times with the Rc car just incase.

If it does nothing he lifts it a Tiny amount to check for traps.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2015, 06:11:50 pm »

Ezekiel curses his bad luck, frees himself from the trap, and hobbles back to the mill - careful to only step in his previous tracks. A trail of red blood marks his path. Once on the loading dock, he stops to bandage his mangled leg.

Captain Montoya meanwhile, discovers that the oil-drum pallet is actually just empty drums banded to the pallet - and that the pallet is banded to the outside of a steel trapdoor in the floor underneath it. The way it is set up, the pallet covers the trapdoor perfectly and will open and close with the trapdoor.

Captain Montoya is able to break the pallet and drums free of the trapdoor, but soon discovers that the steel door in the concrete floor is apparently barred closed from the inside.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »

Natalia shouts to Ezekiel, making a quick dash towards him as he limps along in the snow, she's not sure why he didn't declare his status over the coms, but if he doesn't she's about to.

When she reaches him she gives him one of her pain pills.

"Oh, goodness. Injuries look allot worse in reality."

She speaks into the communicator,
"Zeek's hurt. status captain? orders?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2015, 06:40:58 pm »

"Found a secret trapdoor!" he announces happily, then catches himself and manages to sound concerned "Injuries happen in the line of duty my dear, we can bandage him for now and get proper treatment back on the ship!"

Montana then carefully places some dynamite and remote trigger on the entrance at what he guesses might be a weak area (just puts it on the hinge side) "Oh amd prepare for explosions!" he calls through the comm.

Then he knocks on the trapdoor and sprints for the outside (West side)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:23:11 pm by Forge »

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2015, 07:19:23 pm »

"Well this is just the sort of situation I should have expected when I reached out to 'Simon' for help"

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2015, 06:59:31 am »

"Okay Zeek, We gotta move!"

Natalia takes Zeeks arm, or vice versa if he's on the ball somehow, and starts making some headway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up