Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountain Man  (Read 51300 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Man
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2015, 04:52:41 pm »

Montoya slaps him on the back "Just some trophy scars earned fighting evil!" he rubs his hands together in the cold "Right, we will await your preparations then hand in our bounty, Ezekiel's wonds will help sell it. Make sure he is suited up for our trip to orbit, if you don't have a vacation suit then we can shuttle him one!"

Clearly excited he makes sure Natalia is ok then heads back carefully to the ship to wait.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2015, 05:30:39 pm »

Very confused, but perfectly happy to let others pull the wounded Ezekiel out, steps away, wanting a safe feeling of distance, but does so without bringing attention to it.

"Hold on, I, I don't understand what's going on."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »

Montoya pauses "Oh, I didn't explain! Sorry, busy planning and all that." he gestures as if to indicate that everyone understands "So I caught up with him and his reinforcements had arrives so we obviously began a standoff. We had some discussion and my original doubts about the bounty were proved true, the reason the bounty was a secret direct invite was because our client is actually an evil man capturing people for live human hunts, we then devised a plan to ensure we get paid and he gets taken down by his 'prey' shortly after!"

He does not lie but also does not point out that it had been the mountain man's plan all along as well, he would rather appear as the Heroic strategist.

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »

"Well, Okay."

She says a bit timidly, not taking the time to make value judgments about anyone's qualities, heroism or not. Instead she directs her attention to something more personal...Involving the Mountain Man...

"Please don't mention that I killed your dogs. Please don't mention that I killed your dogs. Please don't mention that I killed your dogs. Please don't mention that I killed your dogs. Please don't mention that I killed your dogs. Please don't mention that I killed your dogs"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2015, 09:01:12 am »

The Mountain Man leader stabilizes Ezekiel, then performs impromptu surgery on Jeremiah Jackson.

As this goes on, the dead dogs are taken out and gutted by the two of the other mountain men for their meat. Guess Jeremiah wasn't as attached to them as it seemed.

Exploring the rest of the bolt hole meanwhile, Nataliah finds that the two mastiff poodles were kenneled on the natural shelf of the Rise chamber – in two large cages along the north wall. 

Also in the chamber is a supply of dog food and a narrow passage leading out to the east.

The passage leads one hundred and fifty feet east at a slight upward slope, where it ends at a rough-cut timber ladder with a shovel leaning nearby.  The ladder climbs ten feet up to a trapdoor above that would normally open under some brush east of the sawmill.  Currently however, the trapdoor is snow-covered and frozen shut.  Jeremiah Jackson was recently using the shovel in an attempt to force open the trapdoor, but had to abandon his efforts when the team discovered his bolt hole.

Not wanting to face everyone in the cramped confines of the narrow passage, Jeremiah left the shovel and hurried back to the main tunnels, before the steel trapdoor was blown open.

---

Following the surgery – a net activated tracking beacon tucked safely under Jeremiah's skin - the team takes Jeremiah aboard the Swamp Rat 9 to ferry everyone back to the Dandy Desperado.

Olesko Jones sells Captain Montoya a ratty old skinsuit for Jeremiah to wear and the rickety deathtrap of a ship takes off.

Once again, the ship is challenged for the passcode by the Callisto Air Authority for safe passage off the moon, but Olesko Jones has it ready this time. Then, during the accent into space, Jeremiah's skinsuit springs a leak, but some of the patches that come with the Captain Montoya's Vacc suit are able to take care of it.

"Sorry, no refunds!" Olesko Jones laughs over the comms.

Once clamped onto the underbelly of the Dandy Desperado - everyone spacewalks back to their ship and Olesko Jones takes off.

"Pleasure doing business with ya!" he is heard over the comms before signing off.

Moonkit meanwhile, has miraculously managed to stay out of trouble this whole time, though she does complain a bit that she "would have won more, had the dog not cheated while playing chess."

Other than that, she is very happy to see everyone - except curls her nose when Jeremiah walks in.

"Eeeew he stinks!" she exclaims; her manners briefly yielding to the rancorous stench of the well-pickled mountain man.

Indeed, the man does pack a powerful olfactory punch.

---

Once the Dandy Desperado lands back on Europa, the crew has no problem turning Jeremiah Jackson into the CPWR (Callisto Planetary Wildlife Refuge) and collecting the 600,000 writ reward. Jackson is whisked away and not seen again, leaving team to wonder at his fate.

A few days later however, and a news story over the Net tells them all they need to know –

“The CEO, Montague Onasis the Fourth, of the Onasis Naturals Corporation of Europa, was killed recently in a hunting mishap during a trip to Callisto. On a quail hunt at the time, the CEO died of injuries sustained from a fall over a cliff when the trail gave way beneath him and his hunting party. There were no survivors.”

Somewhere out there, Captain Montoya can sense the Mountain Man leader grinning broadly, as he throws a salute to the dark Callisto sky.

THE END

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:26 am »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:20:55 pm by BerkaZerka »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up