Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dangerous Ground - Steeple  (Read 44624 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous Ground - Steeple
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2016, 01:17:48 pm »

On picking up the sword Steeple immediately finds his senses overtaken by a powerful, familiar voice - he soon recognizes it as Celestyn's, coming off the sword itself. An enchanted message to him?

"Steeple! It would appear that one of the newborn gargoyles has gone renegade and stolen a sword Etrius had crafted to test a newly developed ritual. Be careful and wary, they both are very dangerous! The gargoyke is known for his clever tactics, and might even be your match in creative combat - bastard butchered 7 of his kin with that sword he stole in order to escape."

The tongue-in-cheek warning brings a smile to the Malkavian's face, even as Maurice says - "A wonderful gift, clear tribute to our greatness! The sword has something carved onto the sides, look a little closer eh Steeple?"

Sadly, the writing appears to be in Latin - which Steeple recognizes from his studies but cannot speak himself.

Meanwhile, the gargoyle gives a wicked, satisfied grin.

He stands then, to his full height of seven feet, thick, bulging stone muscles standing out. "I am Maximus Ferrum, smallest childe of the thirteenth Scout brood, slayer of the thirteenth Warrior and Sentinel broods. I shall be your wings, your eyes and your blade."

Nadia comes up, holding an iron pot like a club, and shrieks at the sight of Maximus.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »

"Nadia, Nadia dear," Steeple calms the woman, "He is of our house now. This is Maximus Ferrum; and he will be your brother."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:39:24 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2016, 06:48:51 pm »

Maximus darts over to Nadia with entirely impossible agility - which sends her back screaming even harder.

"I am to protect you, sister Nadia. It will be difficult, for you are soft and weak and bleed mortal blood, but I welcome the task."

Nadia runs away, with Maximus Ferrum chasing her.

"Sister wait, let me protect you!"

End Sidequest
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:12:53 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
The Grandson?
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2016, 08:23:03 am »

OK, blood bond Maximus, use Blood Walk on him, have Nadia bound 1 step to Maximus, teach Maximus Obfuscate, try to get Nadia to learn Fortitude and Potence.

Have Vozhd spleen delivered to Sophia.

;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: The Grandson?
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2016, 11:35:47 am »

Steeple's ritual uncovers a two-step bond to Celestyn, a two-step bond to an unknown, and a three step bond to Steeple himself.

Nadia has a one-step bond to Maximus. An unknown has a three step bond to Maximus.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2016, 01:05:38 pm »

Steeple will also use it on himself...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2016, 01:32:17 pm »

An unknown has a three step bond to Maximus.

Oh, cool! Steeple will be sure to ask Maximus about it!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:54:05 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2016, 05:27:32 pm »

So, first off, it should be noted that you cannot search the true names of blood bonds, only the true names of Maximus' ancestors (in this case, the vampires who were killed to make him and their sires).

With that out of the way:

Nosferatu half:

Geoffrey (Killed to create Maximus): Typically ugly features of the cursed clan - lesions all over the face, twisted and malformed, absent nose.

Romanov: Sire to Geoffrey, Leaky pus-filled left eye, emaciated facial features, scars under the left cheekbone, malformed jaw.

Gerlando: Sire to Romanov, face looks like it has been shattered, and healed badly. Grey skin.

The Second: Sire to Gerlando, More of the same, terribly malformed face.

Maleki: Sire to The Second, Steeple is familiar with his face.

Vasili The Penitent Dog: Hound-like features, injured face, beaten, whipping scars.

The Matriarch: Steeple cannot see her face. The name he receives is not her true name either, he knows.

Gangrel Half:

Hector (Killed to create Maximus): Brutish, squat features. Large jaw, bad teeth, pig eyes.

Kilvas: Sire of Hector, Raven-black hair, sharp eyes and a pretty face.

Barrabus: Sire of Kilvas, Large head with elongated canines and a thickly muscled neck. Forehead juts out at an angle. Disturbing intelligence in his eyes.

Argnel Mardora (The Hunter): Sire of Barrabus, Unmistakably resembles a lion, with long, thick hair that resembles that of a mane, and a thick, muscled chest and powerful jaw that brings to mind the shape of a majestic cat. Even the skin is a golden shade similar to a lion's fur.

Bartholomaus Faust (The Archbishop): Sire of Argnel Mardora, The man bears a striking resemblance to his child (or at least, a lion - which his child bears a striking resemblance to).

Ikkenai: Steeple can tell the name is real but he cannot make out a face.

Ruler of Andora: Steeple can neither make out a name or a face.

Steeple's own bloodline:

Stephan Vladivostok: Sire to Steeple. Steeple is familiar with his face. The man's true name is obscured to him.

Petaniqua: Sire to Stephan Vladivostok,

Cybelle the Demon Queen: Steeple cannot make out a face, and feels he should not want to for fear of madness.

Malkav: Steeple's ritual falls apart as it tries to find the Antediluvian's face.

Oh, cool! Steeple will be sure to ask Maximus about it!

Maximus will try to evade telling Steeple about it. Want to RP the little scene out?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:54:23 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2016, 07:05:37 pm »

Steeple takes some time to sit down with Maximus in the study. He has been 'walking the blood' and is curious about who could be bound to his Gargoyle retainer.

"Maximus my faithful son," Steeple begins, "I wish to know the details of my grandson... the one that is bound to you, as much as you are bound to me."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »

Maximus eschews the chair in favour of kneeling.

"There is no such one, my lord. I need no servant or guardian and thus have none."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:41:15 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »

Steeple activates his Auspex as he listens to try to determine if Maximus is intentionally hiding this from him, or why.

"Maximus?" Steeple asks, "How much do you remember of your birth? Do you have memories of your former life? Do you ever feel as though there are other voices in your head beyond your own?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:54:48 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2016, 07:42:56 pm »

"I was torn from the womb of the stone mother fully grown, fused from the flesh of two unworthy creatures and made into something worthy. I have no memories of my past lives. I have no voices."

Maximus answers each question matter-of-factly. Steeple senses no deception.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2016, 07:53:44 pm »

"You have one bound to you in some manner," Steeple replies calmly, speaking as a father would to his son, as if counseling over some important life issue; "I can see it with the sorceries I wield."

"I have to wonder, if it is a remnant of one of those that went into creating your more perfected form."

"Perhaps one of them had a very strong bond to someone... and that transferred through the womb to you..."

"Unless you know something that you are hesitant to tell me, I think we shall have to summon the spirits of these two creatures and enquire of them the meaning of this thing. No?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:55:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »

"I suppose such inquiries shall be necessary," Maximus states.

Suddenly a frantic squeaking sound fills the room and Maximus lowers his eyes to the ground, sighing.

A large grey rat springs from the folds of Maximus' wings and lands a Steeple's feet. It stands on its two hind legs and spreads its little arms, then squeaks at him.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2016, 08:10:23 pm »

"Oh ho ho!" Steeple grins at Maximus, shaking a finger, "You naughty boy!"

"And what is your name?" Steeple asks the rat, reaching down to offer a hand for the creature to climb up onto, if it desires.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2016, 08:21:57 pm »

"It is Minimus Ferrum, my lord," Maximus says.

"Please, he is friend! Not a servant or a guardian, for I am his servant and guardian! I would not put him in any danger!"

The rat tentatively reaches for Steeple's hand with its own, then climbs into it and settles itself into a comfortable position.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2016, 08:31:43 pm »

"Minimus..." Steeple replies, stroking the rat gently.

For a moment he considers offering the creature some of his own blood, but then defers. No, this is for Maximus. Something that he can truly call his very own.

"Appropriate," he says simply, handing the rat ghoul back to Maximus.

Then smiling mischievously, he adds, "Probably best we keep him hidden from Nadia for now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she has one of them womanly fear of mice or something haha!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2016, 08:36:58 pm »

"Thank you my lord!" Maximus says, leaping upwards and scooping Steeple up into a painfully tight bear hug. Minimus Ferrum leaps onto Maximus' shoulder and moves back into the folds of his wings then.

~End Scene
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up