Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Into the Mountains - Heldric  (Read 74941 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Mountains
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2016, 07:31:06 pm »

"The visual result of a mating between a gorilla and a giraffe - i'm sure you don't know what those are so let me describe them...."

Andreas shakes his head, makes a motion directing attention to his chest and then pushes his palm against it. Mr. Whitey rumbles - "He says that your souls never left your bodies. They never had the chance to pass on. They were twisted, broken, corrupted, polluted, chained to and made one with a beast. But they never left. He says that you can feel it too, he knows. The memories of humanity that still linger with what's left of your souls. Love. Lust. Rage. Pain. Pleasure."

Mr.Whitey's next rumbles are a little meaningless, just him shivering in the cold.

"Ambition"

A small pause, then Andreas grunts and gets back to work, Mr.Whitey finishing his thoughts.

"He asks why you think your masters pick you depending on how you were as humans instead of just molding you to their will? You can't know anything you did not know as mortals. When you're turned, your minds are frozen as surely as your bodies."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »

"the soul is not frozen though and can change, this would change the mind. This should be known well to nosferatu, look at those who cannot handle the change the curse causes." he glances down remembering his own horrific changes "Some are changed slightly at first but their mind twists becoming corrupt and sadistic later, I can surely believe the reverse is possible for us." he glances around pretending to ignore the mage.

"The spirits are maybe less lucky, if they were an ass in life it seems they would be an ass in death too".

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2016, 11:28:38 pm »

"- while the other is a very long-necked animal covered in an assortment of yellow fur with dark brown spots, with a head much like a camel's. Speaking of camels..."

Andreas heaves aside a boulder with a grunt, tossing it aside and making the tunnels shake with it's impact. Heldric sees that the tunnel passes onto the otherside, the way has been cleared.

"So you see, you do not smell of the camel itself, though you certainly have its lumps, but rather the spit of the camel, widely touted..."

Andreas squints through and looks to Heldric, a few trembles and gestures being translated by Mr.whitey: "He says perhaps we should talk later. The devil-mistress is there."

Looking through with some urgency Heldric's dark-sight reveals an exceedingly ugly woman dressed in the decorative ornate robes of the stereotypical magi, an engraved knife is strapped to her side and a collection of spirits stand by her.

A second more's examination leads Heldric to recognize that the woman is not physically present - he is viewing her largely through the spirit world. Which means that maybe the helm...?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2016, 12:08:13 am »

"Ah, so her spirit is here but not her body." He says aloud. He steps behind a rock before cloaking just incase it worked then steps out towards her, careful to keep a reasonable running distance between them just incase she... Flys at him with ghost hands... Or whatever else she can do.

"So you mean to block me passage?" He asks, trying to sound confident

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2016, 12:36:36 am »

To Heldric's great surprise, the Tremere drops to her knees and bows to him!

"General Liahm, I could not know you were here. My apologies, what business does the Laughing Lady have with this fallen chantry?"

The arch mage stops his seemingly endless stream of insults (it had moved on to descriptions of the grandiose insults Indian gods would use to call others ugly) to give Heldric a little bit of information - "Well now here's an interesting situation. Liahm is the general of the Penitent legion, right hand of the Laughing Lady, one of the death lords of Stygia and the Penitents. Like one of your vampire clans but for ghosts. She lays claim to all those who died mad, or due to their madness."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2016, 01:16:09 pm »

Heldric is very thankful for both the.helm.and.the information. He also feels that the insults, despite not really affecting him gave fair cause for his plan.

"The Laughing Lady has laid claim to the previous arch-mage here. His madness at the end of his life exacerbated by his manner of death means he is hers. He measly needed so help crossing over. As for the tower, I am letting some of the Vampires use it as the Lady has plans for it in the future and they are in her debt. They will also ensure the mages cannot return if that worries you."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2016, 07:57:44 pm »

Lady Epistatia's projection is seemingly given pause. Heldric notes the tense response to his statement, the bunched muscles and the great seeming discomfort.

"I apologize, Penitent general, but we have to kill the vampires in your service. If they have spent any amount of time here they know things they should not, and can use that information to harm us. It is a matter between the clans, I hope you understand."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2016, 11:13:10 pm »

Heldric tries to think of a way out desperately, while also trying to seem confident and composed "As you conduct yourself properly in my presence I can allow this, a few vampires are expendable. Wait for us in the tower and I let you do as you will with them."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2016, 11:30:46 pm »

Epistatia's bows again with relief, her ethereal head scraping the tunnel floor.

"Thank you lord General."

The woman's projection vanishes.

"You could have just offered to wipe the minds of your "servants", you know. She's terrified of you. Probably thinks you'll pull this whole area through the veil if she displeases you", the archmage's says.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2016, 11:49:57 pm »

"How would I know that? Anyway, with her abilities could she see through my obsfucation?" Heldric asks as they begin walking again "Should I be able to get close to her then I can show that no matter how powerful a mage they are, they are still mortal."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2016, 12:07:04 am »

"Her? Maybe. I don't know how powerful your stealth capabilities are, nor do I know how skilled she is at divination."

Heldric feels a mental shrug roll over him.

"I was one of the few mages to ever look extensively into vampiric powers and what I learnt was almost exclusively of the Tremere clan's perverted blood magicks. You likely know more than me."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2016, 11:50:14 am »

Heldric sighs "Well we can Bluff a bit more then turn to fighting if needed. I'd rather just run away but we have little choice in this situation.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2016, 05:56:32 pm »

Andreas widens the hole in the wall so that they can all pass through comfortably.

"If she's not waiting up there personally you might get away with your magicks. I doubt the gargoyles will be able to see through your cloaking."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »

"Then that is what we try first. I will recast right before we emerge and can hope she is not there herself so we can leave quickly and peaceably. Will the warning go off again alerting them to us as we exit?"" Heldric replies, using cloak the gathering again, re-casting it immediatly after each time Andreas breaks his cover.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:08 am »

The archmage shrugs, "maybe? I cannt see magical weaving anymore, couldn't tell you."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »

Heldric sighs audibly "Then we try and sneak out, if we are detected or it looks like we can be seen once we exit I will try and talk out way out usuong your plan to claim I will wipe their memories of this place. Failing that, everyone try and buy me a few seconds."

He keeps heading forward (once very close to exiting he plans to expend a will to ensure a powerful cloak the gathering over the party.)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2016, 07:08:33 pm »

Heldric's cloak encompasses his comrades, and they set off under cover of blood magic.

They make it back to trapdoor that'll let Heldric up until the Chantry's basement. Thanking every God that might exist, Heldric finds that the door to the basement has been left open, so he won't have to  break his cloak to open it.

Poking his head slowly out from the floor  he sees nothing special - looking through the bodies and their gaps he sees the frozen, bloody walls and a small host of inhumanly massive,  intimidating, monstrous statues.

Oh wait. Shit.

"I hope for your sake those things can't see you", the archmage's voice sounds in Heldric's head.

8 gargoyles - 9-10 foot tall twisted monstrous creatures carved from stone weighing several tons each, sporting large wings that shouldn't be able to carry them, and large muscles that shouldn't be able to support them.

They stand still as the statues they are, but Heldric has heard tales of the mythical strength and undying loyalty of High clan Tremere's slave bloodline, and dangerous as Andreas is, he doubts the man would be able to defeat 8 himself in single combat. Not without near monstrous speed.

"There's a decent chance they won't see you, but if the apprentice or one of her companions  is watching... Be careful here, bloodsucker.

The sandglass you have? Whoever has it can smash it any time against the ground  to give themselves a minute of free action, everyone around will be frozen in time. Keep it in hand, and keep in mind you will not be able to save your comrades if you use it to escape."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:10:06 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2016, 07:15:05 pm »

Heldric carefully moves back down a aways and hands Andreas the hourglass "if things go wrong and a fight ensues, smash this on the ground so the sand scatters. Once that happens you have spare time in which to destroy our enemies. It will last a minute, so for that minute burn blood and do all the damage you can targeting the leaders and strongest first."

He then pauses then asks the mage in his head "What if he smashed it then simply carried us out? Andreas is easily capable of doing so?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2016, 07:25:07 pm »

"You heard her when she came in didn't you? They have someone who can teleport people back and forth, he's likely the one who brought these gargoyles here. Mercurius to be specific - in fact, I remember him. He was a hell of mage back in the day. Still learning but a prodigious correspondence student, he would have eventually made an excellent master.

Anyway, Mercurius won't be able to breach the wards that the council placed in this area to prevent teleportation - likely specifically to prevent escape from the tower by any mages who might come by. Which means that he must be back at Ceoris providing reinforcements. That means they have a telepath who can communicate with Mercurius from here, likely an apprentice of his who uses the blood and some ritual to communicate over this distance."

The ghost can be surprisingly insightful when he isn't insulting Heldric.

"So a diviner/necromancer, a telepath, and possibly some other mages present. The second time goes back to normal, the diviner finds you, the telepath tells the gargoyles and then they attack. If you make it out of the tower and escape, Mercurius shows up and the gargoyles take to the skies to search for you. I don't like those odds."

Then, after a second, "not to mention the hourglass has a bit of a limited range. I could have probably started with that huh?"

Insightful yet still delightfully dense.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »

"That would have been helpful yes. So we have to bluff our way out and Andreas does the fighting if we get stuck." Heldric sighs again "Survival comes first so why am in a situation like this again." He prepares to head out "Andreas, trigger the hourglass if fighting starts or I tell you. Target any mages first and get them dead or torpored before tearing the gargoyles apart, if only you had Gangrel claws as well."

He Tripple checks their cloak then begins heading out of the trapdoor.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »

Once everyone is out and halfway across the room one of the gargoyles by the door moves.

Everyone freezes in place immediately as the lumbering giant takes a few steps, the ground shaking as it takes its place directly in front of the exit to the room.

Well then.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2016, 10:10:20 pm »

"I was dealing with the master, not the servant. Blocking my path is a very foolish thing to do." Heldric announces in his best arrogant and dramatic voice.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2016, 10:21:45 pm »

Heldric speaks up, and bathe sound of his voice breaks his cloak - and that of his comrades.

The gargoyles see nothing but the man they were ordered to kill. Heldric practically see the order telepathically sent to the gargoyles, noting that they loosen up and lean back, prepared to leap on him and his company.

He hears something shatter.

The gargoyles jump.

Everything happens too fast for Heldric's eyes to track. Andreas is less than a blur, and the only time Heldric notices him is when the vampire's path happens to move in front of his field of vision - he cannot track him otherwise.

The results of his vicious strength are plain, however. A gargoyle's wings disappear, another's head is ripped off, another's lower jaw reappears with the fangs firmly embedded in the eyes, cracks and fissures appear all across ground where the gargoyles are beaten horribly into submission. When time gets back to normal, Heldric sees Andreas sitting, back against a wall seemingly exhausted. The gargoyles have all literally been torn limb from limb, it will take weeks or even months to put them back together and revive them from their torpor. However, noting the fang marks left on some of the bodies, Heldric doubts some will ever manage to recover from this.

The fiendishly strong vampire's mouth is soaked with blood, an impressive accomplishment given that vampires do not bleed.

The archmage curses softly.

"If I'd had something like him when the council came... Maybe I'd have at least killed Goratrix, instead of just wounding him with that final blast."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:32:05 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2016, 12:40:17 am »

Held roc finally smiles "Andreas, as always you are invaluable!" He signals the group "Now we move quickly, the mages will be after us and there should be at least a few more guards!" He takes a moment to cast cloak the gathering again as he begins heading for the door.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2016, 01:00:06 am »

Before Heldric gets to the door, it's blown off its hinges by a blast of energy. Two mages stand behind the door, one wreathed in flames the other crackling with lightning!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:32:35 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2016, 02:16:00 am »

Heldric is forced to hope his cloak helps as he grows his claws in his preferred manner, two large spikes out of each fist designed for punching. He then burns blood for strength and Dexterity and moves to flank to the side of the one with the lightning.

As he moves he hopes the others know to avoid the flames or in Andreas case, to throw a gargoyle at him.

He keeps his eye on the mages and if they they look like they are able to see him or about to attack he will try and Dodge the attacks before striking at the lightning mage.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2016, 11:25:18 pm »

Heldric catches the confusion in the eyes of both mages, and is filled with relief when he realizes neither of them can see him.

"Be careful!" the archmage shouts into Heldric's ear - "They'll just burn the whole room!"

The relief is not obviously not long lived.

Andreas is the first to break his cloak, letting out a chillingly wild battlecry and grabbing the attention of both mages. As the two magi prepare their magical assault, Andreas moves quickly as he can, taking up the bodies of the two more intact gargoyes and immediately blocking the door with them both. For a moment Andreas holds without consequence, only jerk his hands back with a hiss as the stone vampires glow red hot with the heat of the fire behind them.

The two bodies blocking the entrance are then blown back directly into Andreas, launching the Nosferatu directly across the room and into a pile of frozen dead bodies. His flesh and those of the dead sizzles under the heat of the gargoyles.

The lightning mage's attention turns towards Heldric's general area. A crackle sounds as he gathers power around himself and Heldric begins to move in an attempt to dodge or attack when he notices a white blur dart through the door way - Mr Whitey!

The pet crocodile slams into the lightning mage, throwing off his spell (which blasts apart a bit of the wall insulating the basement). The mage falls flat against the stairs and screams in pain as Mr.Whitey seizes his ankle in his terribly powerful jaws, Heldric almost winces at the sound of the small bones in his feet breaking.

He also keeps careful note of the fact that each contact Mr Whitey has with the lightning mage blasts him with a bit of energy - the back of his hide where he first tackled the mage is burnt through to the skin and the skin around his teeth right now is turning black as the mage's very proximity burns him.

(Giving Heldric a chance to review his actions - he had a terrible, terrible intiative roll so he's gone last this round, haha)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2016, 01:40:24 pm »

The Lightning mage is downed for the moment and the fire mage is standing, that means he has to do somthing about him. But the man is on fire. Heldric tries not to fear fire, almost trains in it at times but fire is... Very scary and he does not want to touch it at all.

He has his claws but while punching the fire mage might do great damage, it might also put him on fire and going mad due to fire is not useful here.

He grabs the nearest long spikes object, preferably a discarded spear but anything would do, even the arm of a fallen gargoyle. He attempts to use the weapon to run the fire mage through with a near point blank throw, letting go right before impact and leaping back in hopes of avoiding the fire or heat. Even if it doesn't impale the Mage, Heldric has been boosting strength so the impact should do damage.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2016, 02:32:00 pm »

Being completely invisible to the mages (being the only one to have not broken his cloak, Heldric picks up a gargoyle's heavy stone arm and charges the fire mage, swinging the thing like a hard club and smashing the mage full on in the face! Using his blood to take advantage of his potence, Heldric's blow slams the vampire's head against the hard stone wall in the stairway, fazing him.

Heldric notes that despite his proximity, he feels no heat coming off the fire mage - though the lightning mage besides him is a completely different matter, the few hairs remaining on his body standing on end.

Heldric quickly hits again with the arm, caving in a portion of the vampire's skull - and jumps back in fear when the fire suddenly takes on a life of it's own, heat starts rising off the vampire's body and begins to consume him!

Excellent work there! You broke his concentration, he is failing to keep the spell under control.

While Heldric's attacks themselves would not have been enough to kill or even significantly injure the mage, the sound of his screams and the blackening of his flesh assure him that the fire likely will.

The mage who currently blazes with energy notes the plight of his companion even from his position on the floor and utters a word of power, waving his hand towards the fire mage and extinguishing the flames instantly. He then reaches down to where Mr. Whitey is in the process of consuming his foot and seizes the albino by the snout. For a second it looks like the albino will try to release his foot to escape but once the hand seizes Mr.Whitey he locks into place and shakes violently as massive amounts of energy course through his body. While he cannot smell it, Heldric notices the smoke rising from Mr.Whitey's twitching body and the steady blackening of his normally white flesh as the pet begins to be cooked alive.

He also notes the look of intense pain on the lightning mage's face as the energy he sends pouring through Mr.Whitey's body locks the crocodile's jaw with terrible force on his leg.

The fire mage just stays curled up in a ball, terrified, eyes closed and muttering to himself. Heldric notes the symptoms of rotshreck - the vampire had succumbed to the Red Fear.

From the back of the room come two loud thumps as Andreas throws off the bodies of the two gargoyles that kept him locked down to the ground.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »

"Andreas, assist us quickly!" He calls out as he gives up the pretence of stealth, the mage is burning Mr. Whitey from the inside out.

He immediatly closes in and accepting he is going to get hurt he takes the risk, he burns blood for strength and stamina then uses his Gangrel claws and punches the Mage in the heart as hard as he can. Survival requires this mage gets knocked into torpor at the least.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2016, 11:00:15 pm »

Heldric burns blood for Potence and jabs at the lightning mage - only hit solid stone, bruising the bones in his knuckle in the process! His eyes were misdirected by the blinding aura of crackling energy surrounding the mage, and given the slightest bit of time to react, the Tremere struggles wildly - releasing Mr.Whitey and loosing his leg when the crocodile falls limp - in an attempt to run up the stairs, his ruined leg dragging behind him. Striking at him again Heldric finds his blow resisted by an invisible shield that seems to protect the Mage - but it is not enough to stop his supernaturally enhanced strength, and his claws break through the shield and slam into the Tremere's side, pinning him to the stair.

He cries out in pain and fear, "Dammit! Fight back you fool!"

Andreas stumbles a bit getting up and then leaps across the room and through the doorway, clearing the whole distance in a single bound and landing by slamming a fist into the fire mage's head, exploding it like a raw, wet watermelon.

"I surrender, I surrender!" the lightning mage screams.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2016, 11:05:44 pm »

Heldric keeps his claws in place, pinning the man. A bad move would mean immediate evisceration, normally not so bad for a vampire but with gangrel claws...

"So then, you try to kill us, you hurt my friends then you try to beg for your own life once you are defeated? You have 2 seconds to begin telling me why I should let you live and keep it short, if you are still talking after 15 seconds I kill you anyway." he pauses just for a moment then says "ONE"

He thinks to himself that they need to get out of here but killing for reasons other than survival is not good and he would rather not make more enemies right now.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »

In response to Heldric's proposition, the mage utters a single word of power.

The Nosferatu is flung back, his head smacking against the roof of the staircase before Andreas leaps up into the air to catch him. The attack was not without cost, as Heldric's claws tear into the mage on the way out, but he regained partial freedom in doing so.

Another word of power and the mage floats himself out of the staircase and onto the ground floor of the tower - abandoning the fire mage (who, having had his head exploded by Andreas, will not be doing much anytime soon).

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2016, 11:25:35 pm »

Heldric mutters to himself "Never trust them!" As he burns blood for healing. "Andreas, quickly feed and heal then we head up!" He announces reasonably loudly.

He then uses vanish from the mind's eye and heads up the stairs quickly and silently, he knows the Mage cannot see him coming now. He plans to catch up as quickly as possible now and this time he is tearing the mages jaw off first.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2016, 11:29:16 pm »

"Now that's a clever one!" the archmage says in Heldric's head, with a bit of admiration in his tone towards the lightning mage.

"I didn't take you for the merciful kind leech. After you killed the madman up there and all."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2016, 02:19:30 pm »

Heldric thinks hard as he moves silently to find the fleeing mage "I chose to follow a path that does not like killing other than for necessity. Now killing him has become one so I will do so and feed off his corpse"

Heldric moves as quickly as he can while remaining silent.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2016, 04:54:47 pm »

Heldric moves to follow the man but Andreas quite certainly leaves him in the dust - the brutish vampire's potent muscles carrying him literal leaps and bounds ahead of Heldric with every step in pursuit of the lightning mage. Heldric hears a grunt as Andreas catches up to the mage upstairs and is flung back in much the same way he'd been thrown. Hidden, Heldric manages to get onto the first floor without incident. He sees the mage has made it to the doorway exiting the tower (it still hangs off broken hinges) and is about to step outside when Heldric finally reaches him.

The man throws himself to the ground to avoid a vicious swipe by Heldric that leaves deep gouges in the heavy oaken door - no doubt warned by the telepath, as the archmage suggested.

The man begins a casting while on the ground, presumably intending to flood the room with energy and send Heldric flying back so that he may escape again. He never finishes the incantation, his throat ripped open by Heldric's claws.

Making good on his word, Heldric takes the time to rip the destroyed mage's lower jaw from his head - he does it revealed as he is from his obfuscate, standing right in plain view in front of the doorway. No one attacks him as he does this, and he then retreats back into the safety of the tower with Andreas. Mr.Whitey doesn't come up the stairs, likely still passed out.

A low whistle sounds in his head, "If it's intimidation you were going for, well, you certainly got it."

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:37:11 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »

"Once you have to kill, you ensure it ends the fight." He looks around "Andreas, we have to leave quickly! Fetch me. Whitey and I can feed him!" He then feeds on the nearest corpse with blood, if that happens to be the jawless mage then so be it, but he pulls it into cover this time.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2016, 09:25:35 pm »

Dragging the mage into the room with himself Heldric feeds off his dead body, greatly enjoying the man's potent vampiric blood. For a second he feels some bit of regret at the fact that the Tremere wasn't alive before he could be eaten. There isn't much blood to be drunk either, the mage having spent most of it fighting Heldric and his retinue.

He senses the arch mage's pleasure as he rides Heldric's skin - "Damn but that's good! Is that how all blood tastes to you?", he exclaims, incredulous.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2016, 09:48:28 pm »

"That is the good side and yes it always taste good, better than this even. However this is only the good side, you would appreciate the beast gnawing at your soul as the hunger feels like it is killing you less."

He drinks what he can then feeds Mr. Whitey and Andreas, they had used a lot of blood too.

"As soon as we are ready we move out quickly, we might get bushed but we head down the way we came up as fast as we dare in the storm."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2016, 08:27:48 pm »

"Well if it's all this good to you I guess I can see the appeal", the ghost says appreciatively.

"It's a nasty thing to be sure. I can feel it lurking beneath your skin. I'd hate to have to tangle with it. Doesn't feel like it likes me."

Andreas comes back up with Mr-Whitey, who is quickly revived by Heldric. The crocodile weakly nuzzles Heldric's hand as it eagerly laps up his blood.

"I don't think running into the storm is an option, Heldric. Not while the seer still lives. They'll tell Mercurius where you are and once you're out of range of these wards it's all over.

She's probably called for more help already. They couldn't have anticipated what your friend there did to those Gargoyles. As long as you can at least incapacitate her and lose her tail before help comes, you might be able to escape.

Elsewhise, it'll be an excellent last stand."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »

Heldric swears in each of the languages he speaks under his breath "So are they in the tower still?" he finishes ensuring that Mr.Whitey and Andreas are ready.

"Then let us head up the tower and see what else remains, I am unsure if it would work on a seer but I will clock us anyway, and Andreas, please bring along a shield or two, I greatly dislike their magic." he uses clock the gathering once Andreas picks up a corpse or two.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2016, 08:51:13 pm »

Heldric can feel the archmage searching the tower.

"It seems they're still here. Stupid of them. They would have been safer outside in the anonymity granted by the storm, comfort over reason I suppose."

There's some bit of happiness in his voice when he says the next part - "how appropriate. The room I died in."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2016, 09:23:36 pm »

Heldric also picks up a reasonable sized chunk of gargoyle gorse then heads up with the others, stopping well short of the door to the room they are waiting in, he thinks hard as he prepares a test "Any chance of them being talkative rather than fighting? Or more definitive locations in the room?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2016, 09:41:17 pm »

"I would doubt it. The Tremere were most unforgiving of failure even when they were mortal. Now that they're more expendable and their souls have been twisted by that thing you've got in you, I doubt it's gotten any better."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2016, 09:58:56 pm »

Held rid sighs then passes a message onto mr. Whitey and Andreas via the eyes so as to not break what cover they had "I will throw this gargoyle inside, charge in after and Attack immediatly."

He then heads to the door, burns a blood for str. And when he sees Andreas and Mr. Whitey ready he waits a few seconds then suddenly steps forward and hurls it inside as hard as he can.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2016, 10:03:11 pm »

He throws the gargoyle inside... And nothing happens.

"You overestimate their forces!" the archmage exclaims.

"Nobody on this floor."

Through the helm, however, Heldric feels a stirring.

"Nobody alive anyway."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2016, 10:11:21 pm »

Heldric swears again "Everyone move quickly, more things are coming." He then ,ears the way running upstairs to outside the room the people ARE in.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:16:14 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2016, 10:26:07 pm »

The sound of chains clanking captures Heldric's attention as he makes his way to the stairwell.

Through the helm he sees a ghostly warrior in torn up armour, his death wounds visible through the holes rent in the metal. Chains lead from his back to upstairs, presumably where the necromantress lies in wait.

"Oh that's not a good one. You see how the skin is tight against the skull? The archaic designs on the armour? The dried up, rusty blood? This is an old wraith."

It looks to Heldric and bows its head respectfully.

"General Liahm."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2016, 11:47:14 pm »

Heldric gives thanks for the helm once more "Chained one, does the necromancer wish to send you against me?" he replies, attempting to sound dignified.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up