Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Into the Mountains - Heldric  (Read 74104 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Mountains
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2016, 12:23:44 am »

He nods.

"I have been ordered to delay you until reinforcements arrive or until I am destroyed."

Both his hands rest on a long two-handed claymore, it's heavy point planted in the ground.

He raises that sword with one hand and faces the tip towards Heldric.

"I ask that my destruction be swift, general."

In Heldric's head - "well, he's in for a wonderful surprise. You can't touch him, and he's significantly more experienced in the use of wraithly powers than me."

A moment's silence then and he seems to reach a conclusion.

"Go upstairs. I'll delay him. Take out that necromantress quick or we're both done for."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2016, 12:33:09 am »

Heldric nods to the old wraith "I believe there is a better way for us both. You showed the proper respect so I will be merciful." he moves to the side in order to lead the old wraith away from the stairs a little.

Then he thinks hard "Then I will try and bypass him, we will take out the necromancer swiftly".

(Ooc: so lost track of blood points here so let me know when I am getting low...)

He burns two blood for Dex and communicates via the eyes for Andreas to be ready to get by as fast as possible with Mr. Whitey the moment an opening appears. He does the same and the second he sees an opening he Sprints for it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:35:43 am by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »

As Heldric moves to the side he feels a weight fall off his soul. Looking to the side he sees the archmage's standing where he's been.

The old wraith's eyes narrow, "What is this? You do not do me the honour of destroying me yourself?"

The archmage's speaks for Heldric then - "The general's business is with your mistress, yours is with me."

Ethereal fire begins to take life around the archmage's ghostly hands, "I'd suggest you don't split your attention."

The wraith gives a harrumph,
"Very well, perhaps you will consider me a worthy opponent when this young thing has been destroyed."

The ghostly warrior rushes the archmage's and Heldric dashes up the stairs with Andreas and mr-whitey in tow.

On reaching the entrance to the third room, Heldric comes once again across that door - the one that still seems to be in astonishingly good condition. Andreas seems to be getting ready to ram the door.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:41:11 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:02 pm »

Heldric does not want to waste time, the wraith downstairs would be a very bad opponent to find attacking their rear. He signals Andreas on, the moment the door is smashed he expects Andreas to be blasted back, hopefully using a gargoyle shield protects him.
Either way Heldric prepares to charge in clocked with Mr. Whitey to attack as fast as possible. He cloaks them all again and ensures his claws are still out and ready, burning one more blood for Dex and one for Str.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:54 pm »

Andreas roars and hits the door with all his might, bringing his fists down into the finely carved, ornate wood with terrible force.

Nothing happens.

For a second Andreas is confused, and he hits again. And again. And again. The wood remains unmarked and undamaged by the Nosferatu's furious assault - though Heldric notes that the stone around the edge of the door has weakened.

Downstairs Heldric hears the archmage cry out in pain as the wraith Epistatia summoned begins to win their exchange.

The door (hinges and all) finally breaks free of the wall and falls down undamaged.

The necromantress stands at the end of the room, right by the hole in the tower. Next to her is a slim looking Tremere sitting down with his legs crossed and his eyes closed, seemingly in deep meditation.

With a roar, Andreas charges the woman - and with a swip of her hand he's thrown directly out of the hole in the tower, into the raging snowstorm.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:07:29 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2016, 10:20:45 pm »

Heldric walks inside and throws the piece of gargoyle he is holding at the sitting mage. Mr. Whitey should still be cloaked and hopefully getting into position to do something.

Carefully beginning to cross the distance towards them as he observes the effect, hopefully they can't swipe him out the window too.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2016, 01:24:33 am »

The thrown gargoyle torso is stopped midair by another telekinetic catch by the woman - again, the man does not react.

"Stay back!" She screams in a shrill, panicked voice.

"Or follow your friend out the tower!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »

Heldric slows but still moves slowly forward "Our intent all along was to leave the tower, the ones who started fighting were you. Release the wraith my servant is fighting downstairs and I will let you all leave alive."

He casts vanish from the minds eye overhimself using a willpower then steps to the side to see if she tracks him

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2016, 11:54:33 pm »

The woman's face sets itself in frustration and she suddenly glows with eldritch  fire - which she throws onto the ground around her, melting the snow (which puts out the fire).

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2016, 01:58:57 am »

Heldric immediatly charges the man, avoiding her. She was clearly protecting herself but she can't see him. It is the telepathic mage he needs dead and he isn't moving.

He circles then goes for the sitting mage from the opposite side from her, attacking with his claws at the man's head and jaw to prevent him using those words of power.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »

The woman speaks a word of power and stomps on the sludgy, melted water. The water rises and forms a flowing wall of water that covers every approach save that from the hole in the tower - treacherous enough and considering her telekinetic abilities basically suicide anyway.

Heldric tries to rush through the flowing wall - and fails terrifically, bouncing off the wall of water, not physically repelled but stopped as his own will isn't strong enough to get him through.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2016, 07:37:27 pm »

Heldric tries to force his way through again but failing what working he knows he has to edge around the open gap, he ensures he is still cloaked before attempting it and moves extremely carefully while watching for signs of her moving to attack.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2016, 08:55:10 pm »

Lady Epistatia prepares another spell from within the wall, lightning and flames taking to life around her arms and building up for a terrible attack.

In a desperate bid for survival, Heldric rushes the wall once more - and plows through! The strength of his need to live rips through the protective wards surrounding the mage. In a fit of panic the sorceress sends her spell thundering into Heldric - trying to fling the Nosferatu out of the wall but failing when the vampire stands his ground. The heat from the flame burns Heldric's clothing and blackens his chest. His arms jerk about when the Lightning strikes the water and courses through him - no doubt the room smells of well-cooked flesh, though he counts himself blessed by his lack of senses.

He seized the lady by the throat, sinking his claws into her neck. She reaches up and struggles to free herself from his grasp, Heldric obliges by jerking his arm back and ripping open her throat.

She gasps and stumbles back into the wall, where Heldric reaches to the base of her skull and destroys both part of her brain stem and her spine. Unable to move and rendered unconscious from the pain, she collapses.

The wall of water collapses.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2016, 09:10:27 pm »

Heldric pauses only for a moment before turning to the sitting mage "All you had to do was tell us to leave and grant safe passage. But no, you tried to slaughter us like cattle for a destroyed towers 'Secrets' we couldn't care less about. Well this is the result."

He sets on the sitting mage as he had the others, claws into his jaw and skull to prevent him speaking and moving until he is unconcious or in a torpor.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2016, 05:32:51 pm »

The mage doesn't fight back for a second, sending the whole scene back to his sire till the moment of his incapacitation.

Heldric hears a stumbling movement and turns swiftly, extending his claws outward and dropping to a defensive stance. A look assures him as to what it is.

The archmage is making his way up the stairwell, his arm over the shoulder of the wraith who challenged them both at the doorway. Spectral blood lines the stairwell behind him. His left leg has been severed just above the knee, his body is covered in a myriad of painful-looking cuts; part of his scalp has been removed and his right eye appears to have been gouged out of his head, the knife that did the deed still solidly embedded in his skull.

"You took your Farking time!" The archmage spits out, ectoplasmic spittle spraying from his mouth as he speaks.

The wraith supporting him is in much better condition, though injured nonetheless - all the hair on his head has been burned away and a hole was melted through the armour and into his stomach, a bit of the ghostly blood leaking through there. His sword hangs on his back, blooded by the archmage's blood.

"The baron has fought well, you should be pleased that he was in time to save your life," he says softly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:05:41 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2016, 02:12:03 am »

Heldric sighs again and relaxes, had he been mortal and not horribly deformed it would look as if he was a man spent of energy and fatigued to the bone. All he wanted was to survive and now this is getting even more complicated. He answers the old mage first

"She was by far the strongest of them and had several defensive spells prepared to prevent me getting near to her." He glances out the hole in the wall "I was also without aid here as Andreas was sent through that hole, you never mentioned her telekinesis."

He then sizes up the old wraith "Old one, I fear you were tricked by the witch (He indicates her with his hand) as well as bound. I am not who you think I am, I mearly have his visage and certain powers for a time due to a gift he gave. You should be free and unbound now though, as I will be giving her the final death."

With that he makes up his mind. "kill only to survive" his path said. Survival now meant defeating mages and gargoyles and whatever other horrors were sent his way due to this rediculous errand and he would need to be stronger quickly if he was to have any chance.

He walks over to the woman and drains her of her blood, every last drop, steeling his will against the onslaught her mind and beast would surely unleash against him for this forbidden act.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2016, 11:06:31 am »

Having spent the majority of his remaining blood healing himself so as to be capable of movement, Heldric feels a terrible thirst forming at the back of his throat as he speaks. He feels himself succumbing to the Beast even as he turns to feed his thirst. He hears the old wraith answer him, but the words mean nothing. The archmage says something as well, it sounds like a warning - but warnings be damned. He hungers.

Falling to his knees Heldric takes the woman into his arms and lifts her ruined neck to his lips. He pulls them back, baring his fangs, and let's then sink into her cold flesh.

Pure, unbridled ecstasy. Her blood burns with sorcery and its power guns in his veins, a much more pleasant tingle than the last Tremere. He feels dizzy with pleasure even as he contemplates his own sire's blood - yes, her blood isn't as good as his, he decides, but the sheer quantity that he is given leave to imbibe almost overwhelms him.

He's so unused to taste, after all, that this one instance - where the pleasure is born of godly magic and not physical taste - is a pleasure that could so easily lead him to distraction.

He drains her of her blood. Then he takes more.

The heart ruptures and Heldric begins to claw at the essence of her soul. Immediately as he feeds, he feels alarmed. The heart's blood tests on his tongue and he knows he is outmatched - but it is too late to stop now.

He gains blurs, flashes of her life snapping on and out of his mind - she was the daughter of a roman senator. Her embrace was in 1022 - surprisingly young, and weaker than she might be because of it, for all her potent blood.

She was the first to be embraced after the ritual - wait, what?

The Ritual

The details of the event surge into Heldric's mind.

Yes, The Ritual. The rumours are true, you see, we were not made immortal. We were not given the Curse. We took it.

Heldric sees Epistatia, still a mortal mage, a powerful necromantress with a thousand souls bound to her in chains not unlike the ones Heldric saw wrapped around the old wraith. Many of the souls are those of ghosts she has herself killed, one a rival who she had killed for interfering with her experiments. Her master, Goratrix

A thousand lances of pain drive themselves deep into Heldric's mind at the name

saved her from execution, had her banished from House Tremere. In return, she continued to serve him, bound by no House or it's foolish rules.

I captured those two

Heldric sees Epistatia chaining the two vampirss - he knows them instinctively as Tzimisce - blowing them apart with astounding mortal magics, collecting their bodies for her master.

He went off to the Astral realm then, and he sought guidance. Something there told him what to do - he claims otherwise but I was there. I know.

He whispered poison into Tremere's ears. He and the other six, Meerlinda, Etrius, the Council of Seven and the leader of High House Tremere. They turned each other with poisons my master made from their blood, and they became the first eight Tremere. I was the ninth.

Goratrix

A terrible moan escapes Heldric's lips through his grip on her neck

Turned his eldest apprentice as soon as the ritual was complete.

And she was powerless.

They all were. The turning took away all their powers. Residual enchantments and power kept them alive while they researched their new strengths, the dreaded Thaumaturgy of the clan.

It was weak compared to their old powers. A thousand times weaker, a sad imitation - but better than nothing.

Epistatia, with her thousand chained souls - for she still commanded them all - would capture other magi and bring them before the council to be turned. One of House Tremere's most trusted servants.

Then she was there at the sundering - one chantry had escaped them. One of Tremere's own apprentices headed it, and equal to Etrius and the others, and now their betters in their weakness.

Tremere would have had him turned, but he was too powerful. The council joined together and combined their powers to rip the magicks away from his tower. Her thousand souls were ripped to pieces by his magicks, all but one - a single wraith, her first binding, a gift from her master. The first gargoyle, Tremere's own creation, plucked from the sky, his wings torn from him. Goratrix

Heldric releases Epistatia and reaches up to his ears, clutching his head even as the grip of his fangs tightens

Nearly annihilated in a blast of fire. Etrius striking him down. No chances. No gamble.  Had he lived he could have lead to the destruction of the weakened clan.

Octavius, the eighth archmage of House Tremere.

The idle thought comes to Heldric with some surprise - so that's his name. The archmage had never mentionned it before.

He also notes something strange - there seem to be large gaps in her memory - Heldric realizes that she is suffering from a worsening amnesia. He gets the feeling it comes as a result of trauma - the source of feels fairly obvious.

The thought feels like the last he'll have. As he learned Epistatia's story he can tell she learned his as well. The confidence in her voice as she grabs hold of his soul is terrifying.

A delightful little dream, Heldric. You're wrong, however. You've learned secrets that this house would kill for. And from me, you've learned secrets the House would die for.

I wonder who I'll kill first in my new body? Your sire?

Or will it be Brutus, your seneschal?

I suppose we'll

Her voice is silenced.

A new voice enters the fray - no, two.

Damn foolish of you Heldric, I warned you didn't I? She may be young but Epistatia lived a long time as a mortal, and her will is as strong as the chains with which she binds Sicilan here. Did you know Goratrix got it for her? A gift he took from a poor Priest of the Chorus who tried to kill him for being a terribly evil bastard. Tore the man to pieces, though his brother came in and saved him before he could die. Remarkable story there really.

Anyway, just lay back and enjoy. We'll handle the rest of this for you. You've really done enough.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:46:37 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2016, 12:31:31 pm »

Heldric does just that, he clearly was not a match for Epistatia's mental Attack but the old mage and possible the wraith were helping him so now there was a chance.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »

Heldric passes out.

When he awakens, he feels odd - a bit like he's drunk the blood of an inebriated mortal. Not quite himself, still in control but... Different.

Something screams within him, with as much rage and frustration and hatred as his Beast - so much so that for a second he believes it IS his Beast.

He's freezing cold, and the first thing he does is burn blood to keep warm so that he can move his frozen limbs. He appears to have been transported to the base of the mountain - it seems the wraith's have moved him to safety. His fears are assuaged when he sees Andreas next to him, a big hole in his chest, looking like he was flattened by a giant.

"We found him impaled on a splintered tree trunk at the base of the cliff",

The wraith - Sicilan, he now knows, sits before him. A ghostly chain leads out of Heldric's chest and is wrapped around him.

"Are you well?"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:50:03 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2016, 01:33:59 pm »

He takes a moment to think through everything that happened the past few moments before answering slowly and carefully "I do believe so, I am changed but thanks to yourself and Octavius the damage is much lessened. He glances around before also checking if he is still wearing the helm "Where is the old Mage anyway, was he still bound to the tower?"

Heldric test his limbs and tries to stand, heading over to Andreas to feed him a few blood points. As he does he suddenly looks around him "Where is Mr. Whitey?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:43 pm »

"We took him lower down, it was getting too taxing to keep him warm", the archmage's voice answers from within Heldric.

"I'll be riding your skin for a while, it's a bit difficult to walk until my leg regenerates. The rage coming off you from Epistatia is feeding me pretty well."

Andreas wakes with a gasp, clutching his chest (even as it regenerates). It doesn't regenerate entirely, telling Heldric the extent of the damage - it'll take over a week for Andreas to recover from that fall and his burns.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:50:35 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »

Heldric smiles his usual fanged monstrosity, finally a little happier with events. "Exelent, then we can retreat from here quickly. Once Andreas recovers enough we will immediatly move out and cover as much distance as possible before their next attack comes"

He turns back to Andreas "Time to move brother, you fought well but it will take time to heal those wounds even with my... Improved provision for you. We can discuss details once we.are.safe."

He stands and checks his limbs are still warm enough while waiting for Andreas to signal his preparedness to head down the mountain. While he waits he thinks at the mage "Make sure she knows it is you, that should ensure her rage burns even stronger." catching himself a moment later he remembers he is going to have to keep a tight reign on his thoughts just incase she has a stronger affect on his mind than he thinks.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2016, 07:02:28 pm »

The old wraith looks up at the tower.

"You should go ahead. Some of the Tremere have just reached the tower. They'll be casting  their magicks outward, looking for you. I will divert their attention, for a time, until one of their necromancers destroys me."

Heldric is still wearing the helm, he realizes. Though he feels more resilient to the madness within it he probably shouldn't wear it much longer - he already feels weak from his exertions.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:16:01 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2016, 07:10:50 pm »

"You don't believe we can escape otherwise? I would loath to loose you to destruction and I have ways to make us unseen."

He looks at Andrea's injuries "I will remove my helm now and may be unable to communicate with you freely however if you believe my abilities to be enough to escape their gaze or if you distract them long enough return to me immediatly and escape as well."

He then pulls the helm off and begins down to warmer areas, helping Andreas if he needs it. He also casts cloak the gathering over them all.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2016, 07:17:21 pm »

"If I told you yes, would you believe me?", the old wraith says in reply.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2016, 07:26:39 pm »

"I do not know what kind of Master Epistatia was but I choose to trust your judgement on issues you know more than I. You are bound to me and I command you to protect me. How you do it is up to you but I prefere you survive if at all possible. Should you truly believe sacrificing yourself to be the only way then you can do so otherwise I expect to see you again."

He pauses then adds softly "Or if you wish for nothing more than your own destruction to gain release I won't prevent you."

He then continues on, the old wraith had suffered much and deserved a choice. Giving him that choice also meant that if he survived and returned he would be more loyal.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »

A moment's pause then.

"I would break these chains," Sicilan says quietly.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2016, 08:39:08 pm »

Heldric keeps moving and helping Andreas (unless talking is being counted as a free action and not speeding up the impending doom).

"I would not be opposed to setting you free should you help us escape here. Remember it was my intent when I killed her, not accidently taking over your binding. Of course, you surviving and helping work out how exactly to break the chains that bind you would be necessary for that."

He thinks at the Archmage "Do you think I am being stupid and wasting a valuable puppet?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2016, 08:47:37 pm »

"He would kill you if you denied him, I think.

Not directly, of course, but you do not possess the finesse and magical control of Epistatia. He would find a way to betray you eventually, or destroy himself."

Then a pause, "also, I'd likely help him", he says softly.

"The man has earned his freedom, leech."

"There are things I need to make sure of.. I have been bound too long. I will stall the Tremere and meet you at the base of the mountain."

Sicilan begins steadily making his way back up the treacherous slope.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2016, 08:55:44 pm »

Heldric lets the old wraith go, he has said enough.

He thinks to Octavius "Well we shall see what comes from it, he cleared helped save my life so I won't deny him his decision now. We need to concentrate on our escape now either way."

Heldric does just that and works on getting down as quickly as poswivel, via where mr. Whitey was waiting.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2016, 09:36:06 pm »

Heldric makes it down to a sheltered cave where the wraiths left Mr.Whitey by a fire. After the usual enthusiastic greetings they resume their travels. They make it to another shelter before daybreak, and Sicilan rejoins the in the afternoon.

Another three days pass before they make it out of the snowy protective circle fashioned around the tower. Another four days before they run into Tiberiu and his carriage.

The Gangrel appears to be surprised at Heldric's presence, and both his and Andreas' barely healed wounds (there wasn't much blood to be found in the way down the mountain."

"Hail Heldric! What are you doing here?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:24 pm »

"Heading back now of course, we have seen and done enough to report back a complete synopsis of this entire farce. Did you not expect my return?"

Heldric keeps an eye out around him, there was always the possibility that this was a trap meant to kill him off afterall.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2016, 10:25:28 pm »

Tiberiu swings off his carriage seat.

"I was expecting you at the tower, I came to bring you back at Radu's order. Clan Tremere contacted him laying claim to the tower. Our messengers did not reach you?"

The archmage laughs, "he's not too bad at covering his ass is he?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:35 pm »

Heldric simply sighs And thinks back "He wouldn't be so powerful if he didn't plan well" then out loud "Sadly no, no messengers reach me through the battalion of gargoyles and the Tremere Assult squad send to kill me. A lift back would be appreciated though, I just had to do what amounts to declaring war on house Tremere under Radu's name so I'll need to rest for a while."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2016, 11:23:08 pm »

Tiberiu narrows his eyes - "You mean clan Tremere?"

Don't underestimate the information you've gained Heldric. The Tremere have taken lengthy steps to assure their secrets are well hidden. As you can personally attest.

"As for declaring war... Inevitable. The Tremere are already at war with Master Radu. It's a shame we could not anticipate the events at the tower.

He gestures to the back of the carriage.

"A legion of gargoyles you say? Sounds like a fine story."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:33:32 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2016, 11:44:57 pm »

"Well that is good, I'd rather not have Radu mad at me as well as some psychotic clan." He heads over and begins climbing in and talking in a very grumpy tone "As for stories, well, I assume it was clan Tremere, first a large number of gargoyles Attack us, we barely defeat a few of them thanks to Andrea's strength and their own stupidity then some psychotic vampires came in wielding lightning and Fire. They blew Andreas right off the mountain which was lucky as it got him safely away. I spent more than half my time in the tower hiding in some catacombs, got burnt and electrocuted and barely got away alive thanks to my  Obsfucate. Not exactly a worth story is it?" Heldric sits down hard then looks at Tiberiu.

He talks again in a less grump tone "Sorry, I have nearly died more times than I can count in the past few days and came away with nothing worth showing for it except these injuries (He indicates himself and Andreas) and A strong desire never to run I to any of them again."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Mountains - Heldric
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2016, 11:58:41 pm »

After a moment Tiberiu grunts and nods.
"Your clan's reputation for subtlety is well earned. Radu will no doubt reward you well for this, if only to preserve his good name. Let's get you home."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:30:08 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2016, 12:05:47 am »

Heldric simply nods and begins to rest before adding one last thing "Passing somewhere near a food source would be a blessing too, we came away with barely any blood and I do not wish to run lower."

He signals to Andreas and Mr. whitey that explanation time will come later and trusts the Archmage and wraith will note his current evasiveness no not push him to speak aloud yet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:11:26 am by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

"Of course. There's a wooded patch of mountain lower down the hill, we can call beasts there until we come across a way town."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2016, 06:43:22 pm »

"Thankyou, that will be perfect." he replies before leaning back and testing his new ability to see spirits/the spirit world and communicate with them without the helm.

(burning will to ensure no botching)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2016, 07:34:10 pm »

Finding them active he assesses his surroundings before speaking to the mage and wraith very quietly. He turns toward Andreas as he does just incase he is overheard "Well we all survived though badly injured so that is somthing, once we report the situation to Count Radu we with have to head back to the city and ensure all is well while we make plans for our next move, what are your thoughts on our next plans?" he passes a message via Mr. Whitey to Andreas that he is not the real intended audience and that he should just rest, then looks directly at the old wraith, trusting one who had been around that long would understand what was going on.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2016, 08:05:26 pm »

"What're you looking at me for lad?" Sicilan says, not getting it at all.

"He's testing out his new powers - one one he got from Epistatia", the archmage says. Being able to read Heldric's mind while skin-riding him helps, it seems.

Sounds good to me, Andreas answers in rumbles.

"Oh, yes, well, sounds good to me I suppose."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:08:53 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2016, 08:11:39 pm »

Heldric smiles inwardly "Well that helps, I am trying not to give them away to our 'Driver' there. But if you can read my mind and pass a message to Scilian for me that would help as I can hear his responses now. He came back which means for now he chose to live... Well not be destroyed. I Have to report in and see to my city but what are his wishes, I did say I would free him if he chose it and was able to help instruct me on how." he thinks hard to the old mage.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2016, 08:27:55 pm »

He hesitates before answering.

"I believe I know one who could break the chains placed on me, an old companion of mine. I would request a year to search for him.

I would return to you afterwards. As thanks for my freedom, I would help your cause if I judged it a noble one. My old companion likely does not need me any more."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2016, 08:51:00 pm »

"Then you have your year, I won't try to control or summon you in that time. And as for my cause, I further the dream, building a truly great and lasting world. Well in my case currently building a great, prosperous and lasting city where our kind and the mortals can both live in prosperity through the generations!" he gets impassioned enough in his thoughts of the Dream that it shows on his face and body language. He quickly and carefully brings it back under control.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2016, 08:58:38 pm »

Sicilan takes a moment then. He nods, gratitude showing on his face.

"Then I shall come back one day, and I would hear more of your dream Heldric. Thank you."

Sicilan leaves then.

A wise choice. He'll never forget what you've done for him.

Then, something alien screams out from deep within the depths of Heldric's mind - YOU FOOL! Do you have any idea how dangerous that wraith is? He makes your giant brute look like a child! He will never serve you as he would have!

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2016, 09:40:13 pm »

And he will never seek to betray or have me destroyed as he did you. Do you not yet realize that his hatred of his bond to you let me reach and devour you? he sends back before doing all he can to slam mental wards down on his mind and soul.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2016, 12:18:55 am »

Epistatia fights back viciously, but the archmage helps Heldric push her back down and soon he hears nothing more of her voice - though her displeasure spoils what good mood he might be in.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2016, 12:43:24 am »

"She is going to be a bother for a long time isn't she..." he thinks half to himself and half to the old mage before settling in to rest for the journey.

Ooc: good place to leave it unless there is anything else you want to cover?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2016, 08:40:50 pm »

Heldric and his small retinue make it back to Balgrad in another 3 days, he is finally able to replenish his failing reserves of blood and heal his and Andreas' wounds by drinking from travellers and their beasts of burden, much to both of their reliefs. Tiberiu, having sent a message to Count Radu a few days before, telling Heldric to expect a message back by the time they reached Balgrad.

Brutus waits for Heldric almost at the gates, having received advance warning of his arrival.

"Hail Heldric!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up