Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Monstrous Mistakes - Kiril and Lucien  (Read 85266 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Monstrous Mistakes - Kiril and Lucien
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2016, 10:42:32 am »

"Do you think you can find something appropriate?"  Kiril asks Sherazhina, since she's the only servant available.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2016, 11:50:54 am »

Sherazhina nods and leaves, seemingly overjoyed at being given an excuse to leave.

The four are left alone then - Barabus, Kiril, Ennius and the staked Lucien.

"You could cut the air here with a knife", Husayn hisses.

Thankfully, Kiril is spared the awkward tension when Carinus reappears, a gloomy man with a strangely forced smile by his side.

Carinus looks everyone and from a flash in his eyes Kiril can tell he notes Sherazhina's absence. He addresses everyone then, "well, shall we be off then?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2016, 01:31:24 pm »

"Sherazhina will return momentarily.  She's gone to find our friend a more suitable outfit."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2016, 03:50:52 pm »

"Ah. So we wait then? What fun."

Carinus looks to Barabus.

"You slept well?"

"As well as could be hoped. I did not dream and was conscious of my surroundings. I am grateful to be out of that carriage. It should be burned."

"I'll toast to that", Ennius mutters.

"I found your work at Aleko... Surprising."

Barabus says nothing to this.

"You slaughtered an entire village of innocent people... Why? You have no grudge against Kiril, do you? Besides that, how did you do it? There were hundreds of people there, they would have raised an alarm, overpowered you by force - you fought like a madman. Unless that was a show?"

A deep, throaty growl escapes Barrabus' throat. The giant warrior spits black sputum at Carinus' feet, which the Cannibal accepts without comment.

"I don't need to give answer to your fetishes, Carinus the Cannibal."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2016, 10:28:19 am »

"Actually, I'd like to know as well why you chose Aleko.  Have I given you cause for offense?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2016, 12:48:26 pm »

Barrabus doesn't answer for a while.

"I did not choose Aleko," he finally relents.

"I fell unconscious at the edge of Sandor's lands, a good ways away from here. When I woke I was covered in superficial wounds that rapidly healed, in the ruined village of Aleko. I woke with few, if any, of my faculties. What happened in the interim is unknown to me."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:04:11 am by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2016, 01:46:54 pm »

"Outside intervention it is." Lucien thinks to himself. "I wonder how long i'll stay like this." Then another thought strikes him. "I dont need to move to use ny magic, perhaps i can blow up Kiril? Argh, better to wat and kill tje whore."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2016, 10:02:52 am »

Kiril is content to wait for Sherazhina's return.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2016, 10:11:20 am »

Sherazhina soon returns with clothes belonging to a large man. Kiril does not recognize the clothing but he can hazard a few guesses as to how the gorgeous woman with mind-altering powers managed to aquire a man's clothes at short notice.

Barabus quickly dons the clothes, though they are a tight fit on what Kiril now recognizes as being a clearly flesh crafted body. Kiril hears footsteps approaching the party, though no one else seems to notice.

"There, much more respectable," Barrabus rumbles.

As Barabus finishes dressing himself, Kiril hears the footsteps stop and the hiss of a sword being drawn from it's scabbard.

Looking in the direction of the sound he sees the tip of a gauntlet and boot that resemble Elias' poking out through a shadowed alleyway. Concentrating, he also hears two other muffled breathing sounds - prisoners the captain brought with him?

Elias' head pokes out and the captain's eyes dart from Kiril to Barabus and then back to Kiril questioningly.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:54 am »

Kiril motions to Elias to come forward.

"It's fine, Elias.  Barabus has come to his senses."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2016, 08:22:19 pm »

"Come to his senses? What senses? He had senses? Fooled me...", Elias joins the group. He leads two surprisingly compliant prisoners bound and hooded, guiding them by a chain.

"Your dinner, lord Kiril. Convicted murderers and madmen from Sofia's dungeons. Eyes, ears and tongues removed. Tortured extensively, not much of them left."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:14:38 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2016, 02:05:58 pm »

Kiril would rather dine in his carriage.  It's unpleasant having people watch you eat. 

Poor things.  Here, have something pleasant before you die.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2016, 02:27:42 pm »

Kiril leads the two men inside his carriage, where he gently steals the life from them both.

Meanwhile, Carinus and the others begin leading the carriage towards Amalia's haven in the Church of the Holy Light.

The carriage stood outside the church's graveyard. Stepping out, Kiril sees the elder Cappadocian waiting for him, along with Sandor. Barrabus greets Sandor with a terrible smile. Lucien's sire ignores him and goes straight for Ennius, who is holding Lucien slung over his shoulder.

"Ennius! Has his condition worsened?"

Ennius gives a subtle nod yes.

Sandor turns to Kiril and nods in recognition, "Prince Kiril, thank you for your hospitality. May I ask after your company?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2016, 02:38:31 pm »

"Oh sandor is here. I got that going for me which is Nice." He thinks to his himself, with an imaginary shrug.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2016, 08:10:48 am »

Kiril nods politely to Sandor.

"I don't quite understand it myself.  Lucien apparently did . . . something to Barabus, after which he seems to have chased Barabus into my territory, where he destroyed one of my villages. 
I dealt with the matter, and took Barabus into my custody. He's only recently awakened and informs me that the massacre was not of his own volition. 
Perhaps you possess some information that might clarify the situation?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2016, 09:48:30 am »

"I feel preeettyyy, ooh soo prettyyy lalalalalala llaa lalaalaa" Lucien begins humming an imaginary song out of boredom. "So freaking boring doing nothing."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »

"My sincerest apologies for this event then. Barabus escaped my childe, in my lands, and under the fourth tradition I shall recompense you personally for all losses."

He must care greatly for Lucien. Sandor has released Lucien from his charge, hence Lucien being the prince of Shaasburg. He is no longer responsible for anything Lucien does, yet he assumes responsibility nonetheless, Husayn comments.

"I would humbly request that I be given right to examine and then destroy Barabus, as well as provide care for my childe, all with the help of Amalia, who has already agreed to aid me."

Barabus grins, showing off his teeth again.

"Just try sorcerer. We'll see if the spirits answer you. How confident would you be without your sorceries?"

Sandor continues to pretend Barabus does not exist.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2016, 02:29:29 pm »

I wonder why.  From what I've seen, Lucien's an idiot.

"Of course you may care for Lucien.  Regrettably, we were forced to stake him in order to prevent further assault.

As for destroying Barabus, I'm afraid I shall have to respectfully decline.  Lucien has given him to me."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2016, 02:32:02 pm »

A parent loves its child, no matter how flawed.

"He's... what?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »

. . . Yes.  Sadly the opposite is rarely true.

"Lucien gave Barabus to me.  I can't just casually allow him to be vivisected again."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2016, 05:48:19 pm »

"Then I won't vivisect him, I'll melt him! Be reasonable Prince Kiril, he is clearly corrupt to a degree far beyond acceptability by terrible forces! You cannot keep such a thing as a retainer, no one can!"

Sandor comes close then, unsettlingly so. He speaks quietly, and it feels to Kiril that he's the only one who hears the following words, carried in a whisper on Sandor's breath directly to his ears.

"The vovoides here hate your presence on their lands. I can help you Kiril. My approval will keep you in control, your great grandsire's idle word will only keep you safe for so long."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2016, 06:32:11 pm »

What do you think?

Barabus is not bound to us by blood- there's nothing stopping him from simply deserting us (or worse) the instant Sandor leaves.  Assuming the fleshcrafters don't decide to disregard is entirely and just kill him anyway.

And yet. . .  I have claimed him as my own. And I protect what is mine. 
Even when it makes no sense.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2016, 07:53:24 pm »

That is good. You cannot always do what makes sense. You've made a vow to yourself, you should keep it.

Then again, I did that too, and look at what happened to me.

Sorry. Idle thought.

Sandor cannot afford to do anything; Basilio is in a very fragile state of mind, if anything were to happen to you it would ignite a war between half of Constantinople and an entire line of Boukephos' children and the Transylvanian vovoides. The vovoides would win but the losses would be terrible, the Lasombra are to be feared. Worse than that, it would leave them all unforgivably vulnerable to Jurgen and my own clan. The Ventrue lord has made his interests in Transylvania clear for years, and my own clan has maneuvered Turkish interests here for a similar amount of time. He cannot risk it. They would all lose everything.

But things don't always make sense. You have power over him but should not abuse it. Have a compromise. Barabus will not die or be harmed, let that be known. Ask him for other ideas.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:59 pm »

I'm actually surprisingly fond of our arrangement.  Such a pity I lacked this ability . . . back then.

"I'm terribly sorry, Prince Sandor; I simply can't permit a member of my retinue to come to harm.

Perhaps there is something else that could be done?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2016, 10:02:14 pm »

Sandor takes a second to consider.

"We could try to cleanse him as I plan to cleanse Lucien. He might not survive the process", Sandor adds, "but Deatg would be preferable to... This."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2016, 10:25:23 pm »

Kiril considers the offer.  Unless one of his entourage objects,  he's inclined to acquiesce.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2016, 12:22:22 am »

It is a reasonable offer. You should be careful for treachery, however, he might try and kill Barabus "accidentally" during whatever proceedings he has planned.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2016, 07:03:21 am »

"Thank you, Prince Sandor.  We will cleanse him along with Lucien."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2016, 03:58:42 pm »

Sandor nods his acceptance - and then raises a hand and snaps his fingers, a spark flying from his hand as he does so.

All hell breaks loose.

Kiril is the first to notice anything - in the miliseconds before they reach Barrabus, he notices tight, quick, light breathing and the scrabbling of claws against the cold cobblestone.

He begins to turn, noting the speed with which the sound appears to be headed towards Barabus.

Now that's a hell of an ambush.

Kiril catches a brief glimpse of the thing from his periphery as it moves forward...

Barabus reacts second, whatever supernatural senses granted to him by Kupala alerting him to the danger he is in. He begins to crouch and Kiril sees his bones melting under his skin, but it's too late for him - the war ghoul slams into the Barabus from behind, driving massive, almost tree-like, clawed arms through the Kupala-blessed ghoul's body - it's tail sliding into the back of Barabus' skull and slicing it open like a soft fruit.

For a second Kiril wonders at the fact that such a giant creature could get past him unnoticed. Then the second one hits Barabus, giant hands grasping and tearing at his softened limbs. The third joins it, tail clawing at Barabus' thighs and general groin region. Two more crawl from the roof of the church and wait there, terrible sentinels standing guard for their master.

Husayn, meanwhile, curses softly. Not at the display of strength, Kiril soon realizes:

I know Sandor got here in a day or two by turning into wind and flying, like many of the Koldun vovoides. But these things... they would have had to get here by foot. Sandor's capital is at least five days travel, if you kill a herd of horses to ride here.

I suppose there's always the chance that he had them embedded in the countryside, but I cannot imagine that the vovoides have so many of these monstrosities as to leave them lying around transylvannia. These must be his personal war ghouls.

While Husayn goes on in Kiril's mind, Barabus reacts.

It's a wonder that the man is still alive, let alone able to counter attack - but somehow barabus simply... melts away. His flesh and blood and bone merge and slip through the claws of Sandor's guard, and he sinks into the earth. Sandor looks on in shock for a second.

"Is... where did he...", then Sandor's eyes widen and he takes a step back, already casting a spell when Barabus bursts out of the earth, all fire and bloody fury. The ghoul wraps a massive hand around Sandor's arm and squeezes. His other fist darts forward into Sandor's throat and the koldun's incantation is stopped as bone spikes sprout from his skull, impaling his tongue, gouging out his eyes and destroying his eardrums.

Deaf, Blind and Mute, Sandor nonetheless finishes his spell and his body dissolves into thin air before Barabus can finish the deed. In another moment Kiril feels his ears pop as all the air near Barabus bursts into flame. Rocked back by the blast and resisting the terrible fear that had instantly taken hold of him, Kiril covers his eyes to protect them from all the light before looking back to see a decent chunk of Barabus' midsection has been confiscated  by the explosion. Barabus sways in place, and the war ghouls move in to dismantle him once more. This time he doesn't get back up.

Sandor reforms a ways away. As Kiril watches his eyes, eardrums and tongue reform, but he can tell from the vovoide's movements that his senses have been compromised and that the fix he's applied has done little to fix the damage done by Barabus.

Surprisingly little collateral damage has been dealt out - perhaps a bit of damage to the street when Barabus burst out of the ground, little more.

Kiril realizes that he'd cast a spell of silence on the area while the ghouls and Sandor fought. Husayn must have seized control for a brief moment. Not a comfortable thought.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:00:24 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2016, 08:23:44 pm »

Stupid, Kiril . . .  So stupid.  Pathetic, really.

Knew it didn't feel right, Sandor treating me like a respected colleague. Knew it didn't make sense.
Idiot.   Doesn't matter.  Couldn't have done anything about it.

Worthless, pointless. . .
As though I could protect anything, anyone.
As though anything I did ever mattered.

It's a play, going on all around us, and I'm the useless fool who doesn't know his part.

Kiril wraps himself in shadow and begins to walk away.  Nowhere in particular, just away from all of this.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2016, 08:54:33 pm »

Where are you going?, Husayn asks.

Is this the same heartless bastard who fought me and took my soul when I was defenseless and maimed? The same man who wanted to please Basilio so much that he became one with the assassin he loved? Would you be a coward now?

Kiril's retinue follows him without a word.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2016, 09:54:10 pm »

"Did I tell you to follow me?"  he says. 

Fighting Sandor is pointless.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2016, 09:57:58 pm »

You don't need to fight. You just have to not be a coward. What you're doing is dishonourable. How will you keep your charge safe if you walk away? You made a vow

"You didn't have to", Carinus says.

Show them that you are worthy of their loyalty!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2016, 11:10:14 am »

It's not loyalty.  It's slavery.  You think I don't know they all loathe me?

Kiril stops walking.

So what do you suggest?  I go back, try to protect Barabus, get incinerated by koldunic magic or torn apart by war ghouls-- but at least my ghouls merely despise me for my idiocy and not my cowardice as well?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2016, 11:20:09 am »

You truly believe that Carinus stays with you because he is a slave? You so easily forget that Elias chose to serve you? You forget that you saved Sherazhina from slavers? You command loyalty. But you are right. You do not deserve it.

Not if you do this.

Self-doubt is only a virtue when it gives your actions caution. To run from this is folly.

Kiril hears the sound of tearing flesh, his senses pick up that it is not Barabus though, it comes from a different location than the one Barabus had been dropped and left i.

Besides. You are arrogant to assume you are the only one making sacrifices...

---

Lucien passes out as the war ghouls take him from Ennius and begin tearing him to pieces.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2016, 11:58:46 am »

Kiril begins walking again, this time heading in the direction of Barabus's remains. 

Carinus stays with me because it affords him excellent opportunity to engage his true passions.  When a suitable moment presents itself, he will cast me aside, or strike me down as he needs to.
Elias quite definitively chose not to serve me-- he only recanted his refusal in the terror of imminent death.  Since then, it's obvious he questions the wisdom of that decision.
Sherazhina has repeatedly informed me that she neither wanted nor needed my so-called 'rescue."  She has been quite clear in her resentment over our continued relationship.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2016, 05:37:25 pm »

It's like talking to a self-hating brick wall...

The war ghouls have torn Lucien limb from limb, in much the same way they tore apart Barabus. It would seem this is part of the process.

Sandor doesn't comment on Kiril's antics.

"They both cling to life, though just barely.  It was necessary to weaken them to this point."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 13, 2016, 08:20:42 am »

Kiril says nothing.

Asshole.  I suppose it was "necessary" to surprise me, too.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2016, 10:12:30 pm »

Perhaps the intention was to surprise Barabus. Look at what he did on being ambushed, after all.

Sandor seemingly takes Kiril's silence as acquiescence and looks to Amalia, who enters the church. Sandor follows, two of his war ghouls following after him, the rest staying outside.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2016, 06:46:15 am »

Kiril goes along with the rest of the group.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »

Inside the church, a strange scene has been set.

Father Patryn, Amalia's loyal servitor and a prominent voice in Sofia's catholic hierarchy, stands at an altar overlooking two circles that appear to have been painted with what Kiril immediately suspects to be Lucien and Barabus' blood. It was done suspiciously fast, if it is indeed those two substances. Around the circle at six equidistant points are massive candles shaped from red wax, Kiril suspects blood has been mixed in with regular wax to make the candles being used. Lines painted from the same black, Kupala-tainted blood lead to two large bowls at the center of both circles.

As he watches, Sandor has the war ghouls deposit Lucien's remains in one bowl, and Barabus' in the other. The vovoide then cedes the floor to Amalia.

The Cappadocian unsheathes a ritual knife and goes to the bowl containing Lucien's remains, where she carves out his heart and removes the stake from it. She then does the same to Barrabus, before looking to Sandor and nodding.

The vovoide nods back and waves his hands towards the candles, all of them igniting at the fire of his will. At first there is nothing remarkable about the candle flames save the unusual chill that Kiril feels coming from them, but as the minutes pass the candles begin to burn brighter and hotter and faster. In five minutes the once thick, foot-high candles have been burned down to the nubs, and where they used to be bonfires rage. The brass bowls that hold both Lucien and Barabbus' remains glow red hot, and the unpleasantly appetizing smell of roasting flesh fills the air. A light gleams in Carinus' eye.

The fire spreads around the circle, burning nothing but the blood that had been painted there, and then flows down the lines, reaching the bowl itself. Both of the two participants in the ritual catch fire.

In Kiril's mind, Husayn grows nervous.

I can't help but wonder if this is a power play on Amalia's part. If she could kill Lucien and Sandor both, and then blame you... But no. Sandor is one of the most powerful Vovoides alive, and his personal guard is here. She could not hope to be so ambitious.

Father Patryn exits the room and returns bearing two large, pointed iron rods. Without a word, Amalia spears both hearts onto the rods, and then hands one off to Sandor. In unison, the two blood mages step into the fire, and stab the rods blunt-end first down through the center of the bowl, breaking the fire-weakened metal and standing the rods atop both Barabus and Lucien's remains. They then step out, untouched by the flames.

The rods begin to heat up almost instantly, and the hearts begin to sizzle and burn...

---

Lucien

The fleshcrafter finds himself woken up from his slumber. He finds himself in total darkness, though despite his blindness he can feel the terrible heat surrounding him.

Lucien, can you hear me?

The voice is deep and powerful, and strangely familiar. He cannot recall where he knows it from.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:04 am »

Lucian hopes it not familiar in a bad way.

"Yes? Who are you? And what is this intense heat?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2016, 10:18:38 am »

Kiril just watches for now.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2016, 12:16:36 pm »

For now, I am your patron

For a second Lucien thinks of Radu, who had taken that role himself - but no, how could Radu talk to him here? From so far away? No, this was.... Ah. Kupala.

Tell me, of those you've personally known in your pitifully short life, who is the most powerful?

And though Lucien thinks hard, he cannot doubt that it is his own site, Sandor. One of the most celebrated Kolduns of all Transylvania, it was said of his sire that he held secret rituals that could raze whole cities in a single casting. Lucien personally witnessed his magical night during the Tremere ambush on Kupala's night, where Sandor burned a mountain with a word just to send a single one of the mages fleeing, and duelled with demons thousands of feet above the earth.

Yes, I can sense your thoughts... Just know this, Lucien, that that man you know to be so powerful... He fears me.

He fears me so much that he would kill you rather than let you be mine. He fears me more than he loves you.

You asked about the heat? Look for yourself!

The scene unfolds before Lucien as it did before Kiril. With one exception - through Kupala's eyes, Lucien sees dozens of spirits of the dead in the room straining to hold back Kupala's influence, all drawing on the power of the spirits Sandor commands.

Serve me, Lucien. Choose a master who would be loyal to you. I would not have unwilling servants.

Serve me, and I will grant you freedom.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:16:44 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2016, 01:24:39 pm »

Lucien is shocked. "No.. this cannot be." He replied with a shaking voice. "You... you're giving me false visions!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2016, 03:42:46 pm »

Am I? The last thing you felt were his war ghouls tearing into your back! Even if I give you false visions, YOU LIVE BECAUSE I WILL IT!.

The voice of Kupala burns through Lucien's mind like one of Sandor's conjured flames. For a moment he is too terrified to reply, but Kupala gives him some strength to make his answer.

Join me.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2016, 06:07:14 pm »

"I... I will do whatever you.. ask." Lucien replies with a strained voice."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2016, 08:15:04 pm »

Good...

---

The church creaks and groans, as if a massive weight is pressing down on it. A piercing, humming noise replaces Kiril's hearing - as if an explosion had just gone off by his ears. It feels like an intense effort to just to stand.

Suddenly, every window in the church shatters, and a black mist comes tearing into the holy building. Father Patryn falls onto his back in his effort to scramble away. Kiril finds himself in a lethargic state, barely able to process what is happening. Out of everyone here, only Amalia and Sandor seem to still possess their mental faculties - but even they can do nothing as the mist breaks Lucien's circle, putting out the fire consuming the corruption in his soul.

For a second everything goes dark as the mist fills the room, but Sandor casts a spell that sets the winds howling - and the mist is violently expelled from the church.

Stunned by the blast and the loss of his senses, it takes Kiril a second to process the change in the room.

Lucien stands in the circle, whole once more. His skin has turned black as an ancient Assamite's, and his presence radiates that same incredible power he remembers out in the field. The scant amount of light in the church provided by candles and torches seems to be sucked away by his very presence, but the moon shines with unusual brightness outside, illuminating the scene in a way unhindered by Lucien.

Sandor struggles to get onto his feet, clearly afflicted by the same lethargy currently affecting the others in the room. Amalia tries to do the same.

Lucien reaches out to Amalia and the beautiful Cappadocian gasps as two massive rents are torn into her abdomen, through which gushes sweet vampiric vitae - more blood than even a mortal would bleed, Kiril understands that Kupala simply takes the elder's life essence from her and leaves her powerless before him.

Sandor immediately begins a casting, running through a massive series of complex incantations and motions with surprising speed and efficacy. Even Kiril, untrained in the sorcerous arts as he is, can feel the magnitude of the casting in the works - and how it is centered on the man's former childe. Something like this could very likely destroy everyone in this room, and if some of the rumours about Sandor were true, most of Sofia.

As Sandor runs through his castings, his war ghouls rush Lucien with the same blinding speed they'd used to dismantle Barrabus.

Lucien begins walking towards Sandor.

The first two war ghouls - who had been inside the church with the others - dart around Lucien and attack him from the side, each swinging clawed arms and stabbing with those scorpion tails of theirs. With incomparable grace, Lucien jumps into the air and lays a hand on one of the tails as it speeds past him, lifting himself off it as lightly as a feather, throwing himself forward. With the other hand he flicks the second war-ghoul.

The one he touched screams in pain and folds over, a black rot visibly spreading outwards from the point Kupala had touched, devouring the war ghoul's flesh.

The one he flicked is disintegrated outright, its body dissipating into black dust.

Even as Kupala moves through the air with the momentum from his jump, two more war ghouls burst in through the ceiling, all rage and and terror incarnate. Before they can lay a single hand on him, Kupala somehow twists in midair and strikes them both once each at the center of their chests, both of the ghouls' bodies imploding from the force of the blows.

Kupala lands lithely on his feet when the final war ghoul - the one who first struck Barabus, Kiril realizes - leaps in front of Sandor to protect its master.

It strikes at Kupala, the point of its tail hitting the demon's chest - and shattering, exposing the delicate flesh underneath.

The injured war ghoul screeches in pain and falls back, looking almost pitiful in its damaged state. Kupala motions towards it and the thing is abruptly twisted in half, its misery ended.

Kiril's attention turns to Sandor, who has seemingly completed his casting, his war ghouls having bought him enough time to do what was needed. The Vovoide of Arad blazes with a sorcerous power that confirms every hushed rumour spoken about the terrible might of the Tzimisce kolduns. Sandor speaks then - "I'm sorry Prince Kiril! I'm afraid I won't be able to compensate you for what i'm about to do!"

---

Sandor closes his eyes, and unleashes every bit of power he has within him - the Dragon's Rage, the most powerful ritual any Tzimisce Koldun can ever cast, made to destroy cities, the pinnacle of Koldunic sorcery channeling the most primal of natural energies. He closes his eyes... only to open them moments later. What he sees drives him to his knees.

Kupala stands before him, unimpressed. In one hand the demon seems to hold his ritual - stopped with a single, intangible motion, held in stasis, compressed to a single point within his almost closed hand.

With the other hand, the demon grips his throat.

"I am the greatest spirit to inhabit this land, koldun. You would use the power of my own making against me? You are a fool then, to think I would be vulnerable to such magicks."

Sandor feels a burning pain begin to spread outward from Kupala's hand.

"I cannot stay in this body long, your poor childe already begins to unravel beneath the weight of this small bit of my soul. Still, it is enough time to do what is needed, yes?

For a moment there is terrible pain, and then there is nothing. Sandor feels weightless, and it is with horror that he looks back and sees his physical body fall to the floor and crumble to dust, while his soul remains in his former childe's grip.

"Now, feed your childe your knowledge. He will need it for what is to come."

Kupala opens his mouth, and inhales deeply. Sandor feels himself pulled into Lucien. Then he feels nothing. Nothing at all.

---

If that thing comes for us too... all I have to say is that I think being eaten by you will be a preferable experience altogether.

Kiril cannot help but agree with Husayn's assessment of the situation. Yet Kupala does not even acknowledge the Prince of Sofia's presence.

Instead it turns towards the pile of burnt remains that is Barabus. The grating, painful voice of the demon fills the church as it addresses the remains.

"For your service I reward you with life. You are no longer needed. Thank you."

Barabus is immediately reassembled into his old, living form - where he falls to the ground, gasping and sweating black ooze. The stuff comes out of his eyes, his mouth, and even his skin - and Kiril sees that as it leaves him, it travels to Kupala and sinks into its body. Soon Barabus lays shivering on the ground, untainted by the demon's powers.

Then the demon disappears. The lethargic weight leaves the room. Nothing is left behind but a terrible sense of loss.

---

Lucien finds himself regaining consciousness in the city of Arad, where he sits in Sandor's throne at Castle Arad. In his lap is an obsidian stone.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2016, 09:39:24 pm »

Lucien takes a deep breath. He knew he didn't need too, but it felt calming. He never meant for this to happen. All he wanted was his escaped servant back. Now... Sandor is probarly dead. He looked at his hands, following The stained veins with his gaze. Then remembers The obsidian in his lap. What were it doing there? He inspects it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:40 pm »

On his disturbing the stone It flies from his lap and strikes the floor hard enough to shatter - except it shatters into a small cloud of dust that settles into a written text, the language one that Lucien does not recognize (though he understands it perfectly).

You are now Vovoide of Arad. Await further instructions. Secure your holdings. Keep your service to me a secret. You have but a small portion of Sandor's old strength, but enough to fool others.

Reshape yourself into your old sire's form and assume his identity until you are powerful enough to manage on your own. Deal with insubordination harshly.

-K
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up