Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monstrous Mistakes - Kiril and Lucien  (Read 81922 times)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Monstrous Mistakes - Kiril and Lucien
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2016, 03:19:39 am »

(If he can't, ignore the first part)

Lucien reads it for himself, then closes his eyes. He feels his flesh and bone shift slightly. He tries his voice. "Ennius." He says loudly. Nope, it needs a deeper toner. "Ennius?" He calls out again, and begins to look around for him.

If he cant he'll just try out his new spirit powers and get a feel for the place.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2016, 04:34:54 pm »

Stepping from his throne Lucien hears a groan come from behind his self. He looks behind the throne and sees Ennius there, looking like he is just now starting to regain consciousness.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »

Apparently we were beneath its notice. Kiril sighs.  We would have made a better servant than that idiot Lucien.

He heads over to Barabus, intending to finally ghoul him, if possible.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2016, 12:04:47 pm »

"Ennius" he says softly.  "It appears we serve a new master." He says quietly.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2016, 10:26:19 pm »

"Ennius" he says softly.  "It appears we serve a new master." He says quietly.

"What did you do?", Ennius moans, his eyes closed.

Apparently we were beneath its notice. Kiril sighs.  We would have made a better servant than that idiot Lucien.

He heads over to Barabus, intending to finally ghoul him, if possible.

Better to rule Hell than to serve Heaven. Better still to rule Heaven than to serve Hell. Your fate is the better one.

Approaching Barabus, Kiril sinks his fangs into his own arm and lets the blood begin to flow.

Reaching out to the ghoul, Kiril is thrown off guard when the massive man's arm snaps out and grabs his, stopping him from moving his arm any further.

Barabus looks up at Kiril not with hostility, but with fear, and confusion.

"Kill the Master, Kill the Shaper, Kill the Knight"

He says it with meaning, as if he wants Kiril to understand something.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:30:45 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 04, 2016, 07:44:36 am »

Better to rule Hell than to serve Heaven. Better still to rule Heaven than to serve Hell. Your fate is the better one.

Approaching Barabus, Kiril sinks his fangs into his own arm and lets the blood begin to flow.

Reaching out to the ghoul, Kiril is thrown off guard when the massive man's arm snaps out and grabs his, stopping him from moving his arm any further.

Barabus looks up at Kiril not with hostility, but with fear, and confusion.

"Kill the Master, Kill the Shaper, Kill the Knight"

He says it with meaning, as if he wants Kiril to understand something.

"Yes, we will.  We'll kill them all. You're finally mine and I'll kill anyone who tries to hurt you.

Oh.  Unless the knight is Ennius.  Him I would keep.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2016, 01:43:38 pm »

"I saved us." Lucien says slowly. "I saved the city of Sofia."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2016, 02:19:58 pm »

Barabus closes his eyes, and leans back until his head is resting on the floor.

He lets go of Kiril's arm, and drinks deeply when Kiril lets his blood flow.

"I saved us." Lucien says slowly. "I saved the city of Sofia."

Ennius's shakes his head.

"Would you lie to me even now, after you've damned us both?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

"Lie?" He asks surprised. "I saw what happend when i was staked. I saw the fire, i felt the burning of my heart. I SAW Sandors ritual, i know what would have happend. We all would be dead. The city of Sofia would be a burning pile rubble."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2016, 05:26:06 pm »

Once he's certain Barabus is reasonably okay, Kiril checks on Amalia.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2016, 03:17:57 pm »

Amalia appears to be unable to move. Her blood is pooled on the floor, sickeningly attractive to Kiril's open senses. It's all he can do to stop from kneeling and lapping at the stuff like a dog.

Her ghoul, father Patryn, seems to be trying to help her up.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2016, 10:35:57 am »

"Lie?" He asks surprised. "I saw what happend when i was staked. I saw the fire, i felt the burning of my heart. I SAW Sandors ritual, i know what would have happend. We all would be dead. The city of Sofia would be a burning pile rubble."

"You idiot..." Ennius groans out loud. Lucien is stunned by his loyal, respectful servant's demeanour.

"He was trying to save you. He was going to burn Kupala from your soul. He sacrificed so much for you, this was how you chose to repay him?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2016, 04:00:29 pm »

"By casting a ritual to destroy the city? NO,  you will not convince me on this." He said with a final tone. "Now, are you alright?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2016, 09:28:37 pm »

Ennius gets up and slams a fist straight into Lucien's jaw. He seems to be doing that a lot lately. He speaks in a menacing tone.

"I'll never be, not with how you've damned us both. We're dead Lucien, do you understand that? The both of us are doomed. You killed Sandor! That thing, that horrible, evil thing that you let control you killed Sandor! We have NOTHING now! He was going to save you damn you! He was going to save your goddamned, worthless life, until you decided to choose a fate worse than any death!"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2016, 09:22:06 am »

"Lies!" Lucien screams. He looked absolutely furious. "You  want your god damned freedom? COME TAKE IT" He shouts furiously while changing to horrid form.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2016, 06:47:41 pm »

Ennius leaps at Lucien, tackling the Kupala-blessed Koldun to the ground. The Damned Knight straddles Lucien, locking his legs down with his knees, and then strikes him again with a gaunleted fist.

"I'll never be free again, you fool!"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2016, 11:50:59 am »

Lucien closes his eyes briefly, spends a blood point on celerity and activates Endurence of stone. Then he will break lose from Ennius grip. before throwing him into one of the walls if he can, otherwise he'll just put som distance between them for now. "I told you already, the only way for you to bee free is to kill me. YOU COULDEN'T DO IT BEFORE AND YOU CANT NOW. The only reason you're a slave is because you're weak Ennius."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:55:35 am by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2016, 07:23:06 pm »

Lucien, in his Horrid form, sidesteps Ennius' next blow and catches his arm with both hands while spending a blood point on Potence, shifting his weight to his right leg and launching the Ventrue knight - heavy armour and all - across the room and straight into one of the heavy stone walls.

A murmured word of power and Lucien's skin hardens and takes on a more resilient texture, while Ennius regains his feet, slowly, wordlessly unsheathing the greatsword that Lucien had forged for the knight.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2016, 07:00:06 pm »

"You always were the stoic type." He says grimly. "Ennius, you were my friend once. You can be again. Stop this foolishness." He says as he spends another blood point on celerity. Dodging Ennius first strike and then sucker punch him across.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2016, 09:50:00 pm »

Ennius runs right into Lucien's strike, shrugging it off even as Lucien severely dents the knight's armour, then he swings with his greatsword, catching Lucien on the side (despite his efforts to evade the hit). The greatsword sinks up to an inch in Lucien's hardened skin, while Ennius lets go of the blade, letting the weight drag Lucien down. He then steps back, out of Lucien's reach, and swipes a torch off the wall.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2016, 04:46:43 am »

Lucien grits his teeth togheter from the pain when he removes the greatsword. Crafty bastard.

Lucien looks around the room for what Ennius might do with the torch.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2016, 12:48:11 pm »

While Lucien is looking around, Ennius smashes the torch into Lucien's face, sparking the Red Fear - though Lucien quickly shoves it back down, his ability to resist rotshreck bolstered by his mastery of Fire Koldunism, the torch still leaves a painful burn on his cheek.

Ennius reaches down as Lucien reels and swipes his greatsword off the ground, wielding it one-handed now, switching the torch to his left hand.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2016, 01:34:10 pm »

"Tsk. Fire? What would you hope to achieve with that puny flame?" Lucien asks with a raspy voice. "Dont you know me at all?" A wicked grin forming on his dark lips. "My turn."

Immedietly after he will charge Ennius with Celerity and use his claws to pierce his armor.

"Dont forget. You dont want me too close!" He says before using Vicissitude to pierce Ennius heart.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2016, 06:38:24 pm »

Lucien sinks his claws into Ennius' platemail and strains, opening a large rent in the Ventrue's chest. He then tries to craft through Ennius' body and destroy his heart, only to encounter an armour more impenetrable than any metal - Ennius' own skin. He can barely depress the Ventrue's chest an inch before Ennius brings his metal-clad arm down onto Lucien's forearm, breaking his grip. He then dives to the side and shoves the torch into the hole left by the greatsword - Lucien grits his teeth at the pain.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

Lucien will make sure to keep his distance from the knight. If melee didnt work, his magic would. He will take extra effort to stay out of range from his sword and that damned Torch. With a flick of his wrist he will combust Ennius.

Lucien will use Celerity to put some distance between them if Ennius get too close for Comfort.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2016, 07:17:20 pm »

Lucien leaps back across his throne room, diving behind his chair while ripping the still-burning torch out of his body, and super-heats the air around Ennius. Black flames explode around the knight, eating through stone and metal and flesh alike with an intensity unlike Lucien has ever dreamed of conjuring. The combustion sets fire to some tapestries hanging from the wall and inundates the room, temporarily blocking Ennius from the Kupala-blessed vampire's sight.

For a second, Lucien thinks the knight has been finished - only for Ennius to burst from the roiling flames, his armour shed, his shield held out in front of him, and slam into the massive stone structure that is Lucien's throne. It shakes and grinds underneath Ennius' laboured charge, and then it shifts and slowly begins to topple backwards. Lucien is forced to dash out from his makeshift cover while Sandor's - no, his throne - is smashed apart on hitting the floor, bits of stone cutting through the air on its destruction.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2016, 07:38:07 pm »

BURN Lucien shouts as he summons a wall of Magma, not around himself like he usually does instead creating a circle around the room around them. Why does he fight? He shoulden't be able too, not with the blood bond.

"Why?" He asks. "While you were a slave at first, you became my friend. My brother. The only thing that changed is that Sandor died. I'm still me, and with you at my side and Kupala protecting us, we'd be unstoppable. Join me."

Again, he wil use celerity if Ennius tries anything.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2016, 07:52:40 pm »

Molten rock explodes through the granite flooring, black eddies moving through the wall of fire ringing the two combatants. Ennius stays back, away from Lucien, and drives his greatsword into the lava with immense effort, his muscles straining to push the metal blade into the super-dense liquid. When he pulls it out, the end of the blade glows red and bits lava stick to it - no doubt ruined, but perhaps better serving its purpose for now.

"The only thing?!" Ennius exclaims as he runs towards Lucien while brandishing his makeshift burning blade.

Lucien steps under Ennius' guard and grabs his arm and his throat, swinging him around and throwing him directly into the lava wall - which burns so hot that not even the Ventrue knight's nigh mythical Fortitude can resist it. Despite the terrible pain he must feel, Ennius expresses no discomfort.

"You are not my master anymore, you are not my friend, not Lucien. The man I knew died in that church and before he did, he gave away our souls. That man was a terrible, faithless coward for what he did, but even he was better than you."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »

ah, so thats why. I'm dead to him, the bonds are broken. Or possibly.. maybe. a bitter smile forms on his lips. "I... I see, Ennius, of clan Ventrue."

"Then why fight me here? You said it youself, Lucien is already dead. Sandor too. You have no master!"

Another combust follows his words.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:44:21 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2016, 08:52:44 pm »

Lucien releases Ennius and jumps back so that he can ignite the air around the knight - Ennius strains with terrible ferocity, and forces himself out of the lava, though bits of it still burn on his skin and harden into rock. He sees the spell coming and dives down, throwing his shield over his head to partially shield himself from the blast of flame before surging back upright and tackling into Lucien, bringing him down. Lucien groans in pain as the lava still stuck to Ennius' skin burns him as well.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE BETTER OFF DEAD! Why can't you understand the price you've paid?"

Huh.

It almost seems as if... is Ennius trying to save him?

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 21, 2016, 09:27:33 pm »

While Lucien finally understood what he had dragged them into, it was too late for him. He knew in his long dead heart, that this was the end for him. Ennius, on the other hand still has a chance. And Lucien will make sure he takes it.

"Flee this place. Flee Transylvania. Never step your foot here again."

"Ennius, you have failed task at keeping me safe. You are a failure of a knight He says while using his sorcery to power his words.

"Goodbye, brother."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 21, 2016, 09:33:46 pm »

Ennius goes limp then, and Lucien sees the despair in his eyes.

The molten rock has solidified by now, and Lucien's spell begins to recede into the earth. Lucien feels that the castle's foundation has been destoryed by the summoning of the lava, and even now the building begins to crumble.

"You always were a bastard", he says softly, before sinking his fangs into Lucien's neck.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 21, 2016, 09:42:33 pm »

Fitting. Dying, here where it all began. May this place never be restored to its former glory. Let it crumble to dust with me.

Lucien closes his eyes.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 21, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »

Memories flash in and out of Lucien's mind as his soul reflexively fights Ennius despite his inertia, though he quells its attempts to assert dominance rapidly enough. Much of what he sees is himself - himself as a monster, himself as a master, himself as a friend, himself as someone worth dying for - himself as someone worth damning himself for.

All of a sudden he sees Ennius' rage through his eyes, and he understands the pain and the loss that his dearest friend felt for him. Pain at knowing that Lucien was dead. Loss at knowing he would have to destroy the shell that was left of him.

Rage at knowing that he would have to damn himself if he was to free Lucien.

For a second, doubt clouds his mind - will he let his friend sacrifice himself like this, just to grant Lucien oblivion? But Ennius sweeps away Lucien's doubts for him, his will as enduring as his flesh. His fangs drink deeply of Lucien's blood, as they have so many times in the past, while he fulfills the obligation set by his Blood Bond, and by his loyalty - to do what is best for Lucien. He breaks into the Heart's Blood, and Lucien feels the corruption lifted from his soul, and taken into Ennius. He feels Ennius begin to tear apart the fabric of his very consciousness, and cannot muster the strength to thank him.

Then it all goes wrong.

A third presence joins this - this most intimate connection between these two, this final goodbye. It dwarfs the momentousness of the finality of Lucien's existence with its very presence.

No, I don't think so. You agreed to serve me Lucien. Ennius would take your place, but I would not let you go. Let's have a compromise shall we?

Then, Ennius, who had never showed an ounce of pain or fear in the entirety of his existence, not even when Yorak captured him in the Cathedral of Flesh when he left the city of Rome to slay the Ancient, not even through the centuries of torture, of reprogramming, of painful reconstruction, not through every horror that Lucien and Sandor could think to visit upon him - he screams.

---

Gedric steps back from the gatehouse - the other guardsmen had already run off to their families or loved ones when the castle started shaking, most everyone had been evacuated and now the worry was only that the earthquake would extend past the castle and into the city. He had no loved ones to worry about however, and was brave or stupid enough to stay and watch.

One of the few guards blessed by Sandor's special attentions, he was aware enough to understand that what was happening was not natural - this was magic at play, and big stuff too. Something the ancient sorcerer might summon up himself.

He takes cover when he judges that its about to collapse. When the keep goes down its like an implosion - the whole thing just kind of falls into itself, stones collapsing onto everything that had been inside. A short while after the dust clears, Gedric feels a sort of low-pitched boom that sets his heart racing. Something big either just showed up or just left - hell, maybe both.

Despite his better judgement, he runs up into the inner courtyard and scrambles up the wreckage of the keep. He had to see some things for himself - especially Sandor. If the old man was dead... he didn't want to think about the possibility. Didn't even dare hope for it.

He gets to the top of a particularly large bit of wreckage when he feels a falling sensation in his gut immediately followed by an enormous blast that sends him flying into the air, knocking his head on one of the blocks of granite from the throne room. Tons of stone fly through the air and smash apart on other masses of rubble. He reflexively closes his eyes when blood starts pouring into them, himself on the verge of passing out, when a hand that feels like it's made of well-forged steel grabs hold of him and lifts him to the air. Squinting through bloodied eyes, he sees that monstrously enduring knight of Lucien's - Ennius - standing in front of him. But something's wrong - his veins are all lined in Black, his body is covered in burns, he's far bigger than he should be, swollen to the point of impossibility, his eyes are dark as night, and a terrible, terrible evil rages its way into his soul in its presence.

Gedric tries to croak out something, but finds his jaw doesn't seem to work the way it should. The thing seems to understand the question, however.

"We are Lucius. Avatars of Kupala. We grant you your right to die."

End Sidequest
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:44:30 pm by Drakilian »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up