Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost In The Machine  (Read 82135 times)

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2015, 01:33:43 pm »

Butch nods.
"That could work. Ill head back to protect Gil, you guys hide up in here. Try and find a bulky Truck to hide behind."
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2015, 06:51:55 pm »

"That's pretty weird.." Ethel scratches at her head. "Alright, I'll go help you out-- I mean, you, Crystal, out... everybody. On my way and stuff."

She nods at Jacob, "So, uh, you coming with me or no?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2015, 01:08:23 pm »

Jacob heads to the ship and sets up a lookout atop it, while Ethel heads into the parking garage to join the others.

Butch makes his way to the shopping concourse, where he finds a very happy Moonkit with her new space monkey. Tubbs holds a little pirate outfit for the monkey and some other props and just shrugs when Butch see them.

The team in the parking garage meanwhile, makes its way up to the top, where they wait in the shadows (with Cyril), for Butch to bring in the Scout Ship.

Butch, Moonkit, and Tubbs are just returning to the pier, when Jacob comes over the comlink; "Get your ass in here fast butch! Incoming! And I don’t think they’re friendly!"

Looking, Butch sees a limousine and three black luxury cars screech to a stop at the end of the pier.

A large bulky Frenchman in a trench coat and a willowy Chinese woman holding a ‘Happy Happy Digi-Poke-Tron-O-Mon’ toy climb out of the limo – as twelve corporate-looking goons poor out of the three cars, each armed with police assault rifles.

The willowy Chinese woman points towards Butch and then climbs back into the limo, which causes the large bulky Frenchman to pull a 40mm Pump Action Grenade Launcher out from under his trench and then motion his men forward!



---

Butch Spot 13 1d20 : 4, total 4
Jacob Spot 11 1d20 : 7, total 7

Initiative_
Butch 13 1d20 : 16, total 16
Jacob 14 1d20 : 17, total 17
Gilbert 10 1d20 : 10, total 10
Tubbs 11 1d20 : 16, total 16
Big Mike 9 1d20 : 18, total 18
Lady Jade 11 1d20 : 3, total 3
Goons 11 1d20 : 7, total 7
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2015, 01:12:02 pm »

Round 1
Wave One_
Gilbert 10 (Crit + 1 Action)
Butch 16 (with Luck)
Goons 7
Lady Jade 3

Wave Two_
Big Mike 18
Jacob 17
Tubbs 16

---

Butch and Jacob both recognize the bulky Frenchman as one of the people shown in the news report they saw in the casino bar. He was one of the guys involved in the shootout at the spaceport earlier today.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:23:15 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2015, 01:22:08 pm »

"Shit! Gil, fire the ships canons at the farkers!" Butch shouts, acting fast as he uses his luck to lower his initiative roll, and grabs moonkit and pulling Tubbs, running into the ship asap.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »

"It's one of those Syndicate guys from the spaceport fight!" Jacob call into the comlink, while lining up a headshot on the large Frenchman...
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18535
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2015, 01:47:50 pm »

Crystal asks for a quick description of the bounty hunters - then asks Cyril, after reciting it back to him - "are those the people after you?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2015, 02:09:24 pm »

"What? No!" Cyril replies to Crystal - "Bounty hunters were after me, not a syndicate. I don't know those guys."
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2015, 02:11:40 pm »

"Crap, that's bad--" Ethel exclaims, her eyes widening. "You guys need help? What do they want?"

"What? No!" Cyril replies to Crystal - "Bounty hunters were after me, not a syndicate. I don't know those guys."
"Darnit... They're after our metal-man, right? We gotta go back!"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18535
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2015, 02:27:16 pm »

Crystal frowns...

"Yeah, we should probably get back... damn. Caught without any weapons or protection too. This is bad.

I'll stay behind with Cyril so I can get any of you if you're hit. Come on, let's go, be careful."

Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5595
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2015, 02:27:55 pm »

"Shit! Gil, fire the ships canons at the farkers!" Butch shouts, acting fast as he uses his luck to lower his initiative roll, and grabs moonkit and pulling Tubbs, running into the ship asap.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah okay, hold on a minute", Gilbert replies in a panic, hurriedly turning on the ships systems.

If he has time, he'll attempt to fire at the car where the Frenchman is, to prevent him from using his grenade launcher.

If he still has time, he'll also shoot at the car by the fish stand closet to the water (RIP noble fishermen).

Finally, if Butch and the others make it on the ship, he'll surge to close the doors.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:58:06 pm by killa_robot »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6942
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2015, 04:18:52 pm »

Montoya Tut's outloud before speaking "They attack while we are split up! Let's teach them a lesson, We've proved the ships guns are effective in the docks so use them! Let Moonkit get on a gun too, Gilbert, once you all get inside the ship activate the R/C guns and butch can cover everyone then try out his new fighter!" (born leader surge Gilbert for an extra attack if he wants and surging Butch)

He nods to himself, clear orders given to his crew. "I'm on my way!" He announces and begins sprinting to the dock, not even thinking to take the hotwired car.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:20:56 pm by Forge »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2015, 04:53:03 pm »

"What about. . . the people who shot him?" Cillian quietly mentions.  "We should . . . be careful."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2015, 06:56:31 pm »

Gilbert hits the engine start up routine and then swivels the top turret to open up on the limo with the 20mm ship guns!

Computers 18+2X 1d20 : 19, total 19

As the big Frenchman and his goons duck for cover, Butch is able to pick up Moonkit, grab Tubbs by the collar, and book it into the ship with them – where Gilbert closes and secures the airlock after they enter.

A rain of bullets then patters the side of the ship, as the goons return fire.

Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 20, total 20
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 16, total 16
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 14, total 14
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 12, total 12
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 12, total 12
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 8, total 8
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 6, total 6
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 5, total 5
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 4, total 4
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 2, total 2
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 9, total 9
Assault Rifle Burst Fire 14 1d20 : 18, total 18

Atop the ship meanwhile, Jacob pulls the trigger of his sniper rifle – aiming squarely at the large Frenchman’s melon – as the Frenchman spots him and raises his grenade launcher to pump a round of grape shot at both Jacob and the ship’s gun turret.

Sniper Rifle Headshot 18+2X MTN 10 1d20 : 6, total 6
Pump Action GL 12 2d20 : 7, 20, total 27

Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2015, 07:48:56 pm »

With luck on his side, Gilbert’s 20mm ship guns chew into the limo for 27 AP Damage! The side of the sleek black car is pummeled harshly, the tires blow, and the radiator bursts, but the windows and doors ultimately hold up against the onslaught – the damn thing must be armored!

Meanwhile, the side of the Desperado takes a total of 103 Damage, the engines eating 3 after armor is said and done.

One of the goons jams his assault rifle.

Jacob’s luck-fueled shot slams into the ridge of the Frenchman’s head – doing 31 Damage straight to wounds. Blood splatters as the bullet opens his skull on the left side of his head – an ear flying off in the mix with it!

Big Mike – for that is his name – Surges to act while Disabled and jabs himself in the arm with a syringe of the illegal combat drug, Black Hole!

He then fires the grape shot canister at Jacob – the 40mm shotgun-like blast tearing into the sniper for 23 Damage!

Jacob spends luck for half damage and comes out of it better than most.

Lady Jade Lee meanwhile, grabs Big Mike from behind and yanks him into the limo with surprising strength for such a willowy woman, while three of the goons form a human shield in front of the door.

The rest of the goons advance, or get behind their vehicles, to continue strafing the ship. They know that they’ll whittle it down, if they pump enough lead into the engines!



Round 2
Wave One_
Gilbert 20
Butch 16
Goons 7
Lady Jade 3

Wave Two_
Jacob 17
Big Mike 16
Tubbs 16

---

Gilbert Spot 8 1d20 : 18, total 18

Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6942
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »

Montoya pauses his run, realizing that he will never get there in time to help. "I'm too far away, Gilbert, take them down which the ship guns! And make it dramatic!" He calls through the comms (1 more surge for Gil)

He tries to take up a position where he can see in the direction of the dandy and see where the others are hidden at the same time.

---

Spot 9 1d20 : 6, total 6
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:21:47 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2015, 12:05:01 am »

"Smash her limo Gil!" Butch shouts, as he rushes over to the bridge.

"Tubbs, stay with moonkit!" He shouts back.

Once he gets there, he'll quickly surge to pull up the ship.
"Jacob, the ship is flying with you in it or not!" He shouts.

---

Pilot 14 MTN 10 1d20 : 10, total 10
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:23:40 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2015, 07:16:29 am »

As Montoya goes to get a vantage point of the spaceport, he sees six more black cars racing down the highway towards the pier.

Then two Space Fighters zoom overhead on a beeline toward the Desperado. They appear to be armed with air-to-surface missiles and military ship guns!

Butch better get the Desperado out of there fast!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:47:54 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2015, 07:44:41 am »

As Butch forces the Desperado up out of the water, Jacob scrambles back into the ship hatch.

There, he begins putting on a skinsuit and mask, so he can tether to the hatch and continue shooting at shit (even if the ship leaves atmosphere).
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2015, 07:47:18 am »

A warning indicator on the bridge alerts both Butch and Gilbert of a fire control radar lock on the Desperado!

Two fighters (the ones Montoya saw) are circling in to make a run on the ship!
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2015, 08:18:19 am »

Butch flies the ship up away, activating chaff defense as he flies out of the atmosphere.

"Hang tight all, I'll be back once these syndics get off our tail!"

---

Current Range Medium (+/-1 Alter Chance)

Butch Pilot to Separate 14 1d20 : 5, total 5
vs.
Pilot 1 to Close 14 1d20 : 5, total 5
Pilot 2 to Close 14 1d20 : 11, total 11
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:12:02 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2015, 08:53:21 am »

Cillian joins Montoya at his vantage point.  Once there, he'll attempt to drain luck from the bad guys and alter chance to protect Montoya's ship and crew from harm. 
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6942
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 11:11:11 am »

"Shoot them down Moonkit! The Dandy isn't going to loose to just two fighters!"

Montoya does an aggravated kind of wierd dance, clearly wanting to be where the action was.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:04:43 pm by Forge »
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5595
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:42 am »

Ignoring those on the ground (as they should be safe from them), gilbert attempts to hack into one of the fighters. If successful, he'll try to ram it into the other one. If not, he'll cry knowing that the end is near for him (while trying to shoot one down with an a to a missle).

---

Computers 20+2X MTN 15 1d20 : 17, total 17
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:19:41 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2015, 12:24:39 pm »

Seeing Gilbert furiously typing away at his keyboard, Butch piloting, and Jacob riding shotgun like a maniac, Tubbs gets on the guns and fires some burst at one of the ships.

Moonkit looks at him with hands on her hips and a frown on her face. The little space monkey mimics her, doing the same, as Moonkit protests - "Hey?!? That's my job!"

---
Tubbs Target 9 1d20 : 1, total 1
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »

Jacob lines up a shot at the engine intakes on one of the approaching fighters and waits for it to get into short range...

---

Sniper Rifle 18+2X MTN 10 1d20 : 12, total 12
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2015, 12:45:32 pm »

The Desperado’s engines groan under the stress Butch demands from them – but the Desperado leaps skyward out of the water nonetheless – covering the pier in hot jet-wash and salty spray!

The two enemy fighters close in, ready to sink the Desperado with their air-to-surface missiles; but now with their quarry in the air, they’ll need to get into dogfighting range to use their guns.

Gilbert meanwhile, hacks into one of the fighters, using his universal remote umbilicalled in through the ship's super computer, forcing it to slam into the other!

Quote
Pilot Resistance vs. Gilbert's 19 1d20 : 3, total 3
vs.
Pilot Dodge 14 1d20 : 7, total 7

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:48:00 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2015, 01:16:57 pm »

Gilbert’s tactic succeeds and one fighter clips the wing of the other, both taking 15 Damage!

The Desperado and fighters streak into the upper atmosphere, all maintaining the Medium range from each other for now.

Here, Butch has to make a decision: Stay in atmosphere or bust out into space.

It’s generally easier to lose a pursuer in atmosphere; but the fighters could gain reinforcements, if the Desperado stays too long near this side of the planet.

Jacob meanwhile, holds his fire, knowing that the ships need to be closer, for him to hit any. Tubbs is not so experienced; and fires an ineffectual burst of the ship’s guns, which makes a nice arc through the sky, but falls way short of the pursuing spacecraft.

“Let me try! It’s my turn!” Moonkit shouts at him, while the space monkey leaps onto the gun controls and hops up and down excitedly.

“Bad Monkey! Bad!” Tubbs scolds the miniature pirate mascot.

“Not the guns!” Jacob calls over the comlink, “use a missile!”

“Oh, right!” Moonkit replies with a huge smile - and mashes the launch button…

---

Moonkit Target 6 1d20 : 9, total 9
vs.
Pilot Dodge 14 1d20 : 7, total 7

---
Current Range Medium
Butch Pilot to Separate 14 1d20 : 8, total 8
vs.
Pilot 1 to Close 14 1d20 : 14, total 14
Pilot 2 to Close 14 (presuming Gilbert lets him) 1d20 : 6, total 6

Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6942
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2015, 02:43:16 pm »

"Gilbert did you have them or shoot them? Someone tell us how it's going!" Montoya half shouts through the comms, desperate to be part of the action. He is sure abutch has taken the controls so Gilbert is either on the guns or hacking, either way he needs a boost.

"Keep it up Gilbert. Whatever you are trying do it heroics and show these cowards who they are messing with!" (1 more surge for Gilbert)
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5595
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »

"Yeah. Yeah we're getting them, Inigo."

Gilbert then attempts to eject the pilot from the ship he is currently controlling. Assuming that works, he will then attempt to take control of the other ship (luck point for focused effort).

---

Quote
Focused Effort Computers 20+2X 1d20 : 5, total 5

Quote
Computers 20+2X 1d20 : 6, total 6
vs.
Quote
Pilot 14 1d20 : 12, total 12


---

Born Leader Surge
Quote
Computers 20+2X 1d20 : 12, total 12
vs.
Quote
Pilot 14 1d20 : 2, total 2

---

Computers 20+2X MTN 15 1d20 : 16, total 16
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:18:42 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2015, 03:47:07 pm »

Butch stays in atmosphere
"Can't seem to shake them off! Jacob, blast the farker apart!" He shouts, attention soley divided on piloting the ship.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2015, 05:22:38 pm »

The missile Moonkit fired rockets off into the sunset, missing the fighters by a mile.

"Awe drat!" she says innocently, not realizing there are living people in those ships.

"Get away, let me do it!" Tubbs says, and a slap fight over the missile launch button ensues. The space monkey looks at Moonkit and Tubbs and mimics their slaps, inadvertently hitting the missile launch button again!

---

Space Monkey 4 1d20 : 12, total 12
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2015, 05:27:33 pm »

That missile shoots upward into outer space.

Butch meanwhile, tries to separate from the two ships, but one stays at Medium, while the other fires afterburners and crosses the gap in a flash - now at Point Blank range, it manuvers into a dogfight with the Desperado.

Little does the pilot expect someone to take pot shots at it from a hatch!

Pilot 1 Dodge 14 vs. Jacob's shot of 12 1d20 : 14, total 14
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:11 pm »

"Damn, he saw me!" Jacob curses, as the pilot jukes the ship out of Jacob's Line of fire at the last moment.

Gilbert meanwhile, barely overrides the other ship's controls, but finally manages to set off the control pod's eject function - thanks to Montoya's cheering. The pilot gasps in surprise, as his cockpit abruptly separates from his ship!

His parachutes open, and the control pod begins the slow descent back to the surface, while the ship itself plummets into a flat spin and explodes on impact!

Fingers flying over the keyboard, Gilbert breaks into the other ship's computer next - but not before the pilot fires his 20mm Military Ship Guns at the Desperado- full auto fire!

---

Pilot 1 Ship Guns 15 1d20 : 20, total 20
vs.
Butch Pilot Dodge 14 1d20 : 13, total 13
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:29 pm »

And the guns jam!  ;D
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2015, 05:39:37 pm »

Current Range Point Blank
Quote
Butch Pilot to Separate 14 1d20 : 20, total 20
vs.
Quote
Pilot 1 to Maintain 14 1d20 : 10, total 10
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2015, 05:48:01 pm »

Butch is not losing this fighter anytime soon...
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:19 pm »

Butch sighs.
"Fark. Not losing it." He says, annoyed. He'll just have to mKe sure to dodge any incoming fire.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5595
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:06 pm »

Butch sighs.
"Fark. Not losing it." He says, annoyed. He'll just have to mKe sure to dodge any incoming fire.

Gilbert takes a moment to catch his breath, now that the danger is mostly over. Even if he was safe by the ship's controls, it wasn't easy for him to deal with being shot at.

"Not losing what?" He asks, motioning to the computer, which shows he is in control of the remaining fighter.

"Let's find a place to land the ships, so you and Jacob can relieve the pilot of his duties. Maybe we can even find out why they attacked us."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »

Gilbert tries to force the ship down, but the pilot overrides Gilbert's control and strafes the Desperado again with his 20mm Military Ship Guns.

Pilot Ship Guns 14 1d20 : 4, total 4
vs.
Butch Ship Dodge 14 1d20 : 1, total 1

As this goes on, Jacob takes another shot at the fighter's engine intake.
Jacob Sniper Rifle 16+2X MTN 10 1d20 : 13, total 13
vs.
Pilot Ship Dodge 14 1d20 : 5, total 5

Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 12:17:53 pm »

Butch burns luck to spin the ship away from the burst just in time, while Jacob's shot hits the enemy fighter's engines for 24 Damage!

Tubbs gets on the ship guns and gives the enemy some return fire, while Moonkit tries unsuccessfully to catch space monkey, as jumps from the launch controls and scampers toward the galley for some odd reason.

Tubbs Ship Guns 9 1d20 : 5, total 5
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2015, 12:36:49 pm »

Tubbs' shot slams into the ship for 21 Damage, but the armor effectively soaks all but 1 point of it!

Gilbert tries again to wrestle control from the pilot, but the pilot is too determined to give up and fires his 20mm Military Ship Guns at the Desperado once more!

Pilot Ship Guns 14 1d20 : 9, total 9
vs.
Butch Ship Dodge 14 1d20 : 7, total 7

As this goes on, Jacob takes another shot at the fighter's engine intake.

Jacob Sniper Rifle 16+2X MTN 10 1d20 : 17, total 17
vs.
Pilot Ship Dodge 14 1d20 : 18, total 18

While Tubbs leans in some more with the ship guns.

Tubbs Ship Guns 9 1d20 : 6, total 6

Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2015, 01:28:17 pm »

The enemy pilot tears into the hull of the Desperado - 7 Damage chewing through the armor!

Jacob curses the bumpy ride throwing off his aim and burns his last luck to tag to fighter's engine again - this time for 23 AP Damage!

The enemy Pilot has a hard time keeping the ship going now, as smoke and sparks spew out from behind the fighter.

Amazingly, Tubbs also hits once again, doing 20 damage, which basically just scuffs the side of the guy's ship.

At this point, (with some luck of his own) Gilbert wrests R/C control of the fighter back from the feisty pilot. He has mere moments to decide what to do with that control - before the Desperado takes more gunfire...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:30:24 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »

With the enemy ship having engine trouble, Butch manages to separate from Point Blank out to Short Range - now safe from the guy's ship guns...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »

Before Gilbert can do anything, his connection is abruptly lost.

The Pilot has shut down his computer to blow the engine fire out. He lets the ship drop down through the clouds and out of sight, before fireing everything back up.

By the time he pops back up on Gilbert's sensors, he's at Long Range and headed away from the desperado.

It looks like the team has made him see the error of his ways!

---

Combat is Over  8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:54:22 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16126
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »

"Farking finally." Butch mutters, letting go of the controls.

"Hey, Montoya, the syndic still waiting for us back at Venus?"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6942
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2015, 04:14:39 pm »

Montoya scans the area of the docks to assess the situation there "Looks clear, come pick us up!"

Then turning to Cilian "There you have it, attacked by a small army and two fighter jets and we fend them off and escape without killing a single person!" He poses dramatically "That is how heroes operate!"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:19:00 pm by Forge »
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5595
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2015, 06:08:44 pm »

Gilbert stares blankly at his monitor and is brought nearly to tears.

"That ship... That ship could have bought so much sushi... and hamburgers... and pizza..." He laments with a soft sob.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »

Cillian nods.  ". . . now we need to help that other guy."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20590
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2015, 06:39:39 am »

From their vantage point, the team on the ground does indeed see the black cars and Limo leaving the scene. On the other side of the space port, lights and sirens blare, as the SSPD responds to the gunfire at the pier...
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up