Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost In The Machine  (Read 103459 times)

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16133
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2015, 10:16:31 am »

"Alright, time to get the layabouts." Butch says, standing up and heading over to Gil's scout ship.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6950
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2015, 01:49:23 pm »

"Hmm keep the Dandy out of visual range, maybe go for a coast a few miles away while the scout ship gets us. We can take our new friend to the bounty office before heading back!"

Having dealt with logistics Inigo turns back to Cillian "We will indeed be helping him after a fashion. He is a criminal and at high risk of being shot and badly hurt once more if we let him go free so we will be handing him into the proper authorities where he can answer for his crimes while being protected from those who are after him!"
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2015, 05:54:26 pm »

"Hey Cy-ril," Ethel mentions, relieved that the action by the others is over, "What were you doing in Venus Vegas anyway? In the pub of all places? Seems pretty silly on your part to go to such a rich area to get away."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2015, 05:56:26 pm »

Gilbert finds a nice secluded desert to bring the ship down over. While he cant land the ship, no one will think to look for it out here - well out of sensor range of the cities.

Butch takes the Snack Runner VII and flies to the Floating Venus Vegas and lands it atop the parking garage so everyone can board.

There's now no sign of the syndicate that attacked them anywhere.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »

With the coast clear for now, Gilbert begins to make repairs to the ship.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16133
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2015, 10:37:34 am »

"Alright guys, time to load up." Butch says, opening the scout ship
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6950
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »

"Everyone abourd!" Montoya announces, making sure the bounty is secured comfortably but properly on the scout ship.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18540
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2015, 03:06:30 pm »

Normally Crystal would complain about them leaving the awesome Venus casinos - but given Butch's "situation" - well...

"Yeah, let's go."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2015, 06:15:04 pm »

Cillian boards the ship.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »

With a nod, Ethel leaves to the ship.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2015, 06:41:17 am »

"Hey Cy-ril," Ethel mentions, relieved that the action by the others is over, "What were you doing in Venus Vegas anyway? In the pub of all places? Seems pretty silly on your part to go to such a rich area to get away."

"Meh," Cyril shrugs, "Might as well have fun with all the money I stole, before getting caught."

"Besides, my disguises usually work. If those other bounty hunters hadn't seen through this one and shot me, I'd still be boozing it up on all my ill gotten gains haha!"

"Maybe next time, I'll try the showgirl disguise - but damn, those thongs really ride up my ass!"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2015, 06:50:44 am »

Once the crew gets back together on the Desperado, Montoya takes the ship and heads off Venus, toward the orbiting Hypergate to Jupiter.

Space traffic around the gates seem higher than usual; and it feels as if the Desperado is being watched, as it passes into the massive energy rings - though no ships try to follow the Desperado (at least overtly) . . .

At any rate, the thirty hour trip will give them plenty of time to make repairs on the ship.

Moonkit meanwhile, brings the space monkey, in his pirate outfit, for Butch and Captain Montoya to see.

She introduces it as her monkey, but asks everybody what they think they should name it.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2015, 06:57:37 am »

"Who's the kid?" Tubbs asks regarding Cillian.

"Hi," Moonkit says to the newcomer, "I'm Moonkit. I got a space monkey! What's your name?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2015, 07:15:23 am »

Cillian freezes like a rabbit.  She's talking to him.  The perfect amazing girl is talking to him and oh crap what did she even say she's staring at us quick say something say something,

". . . Cillian. . . ?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2015, 07:43:43 am »

"We're trying to figure out a name for my space monkey," Moonkit explains; "You can help if you want."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2015, 07:45:53 am »

"Cool name," Tubbs says with a nod, "I'm Tubbs; nice to meet you."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2015, 08:33:38 am »

Cillian makes some sort of squeaky noise that might have been "pleased to meet you?"

He looks at the space monkey.  "Maybe. . . we could ask him?"  He takes out his Lopan and tries to read the monkey's aura.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2015, 12:14:10 pm »

The monkey is in good health, mostly domesticated, and friendly.

It seems particularly skilled in Athletics (no surprise there), Entertain, and Larceny.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »

"It. . . it says you made a good choice?"   He shifts his weight back and forth nervously, still holding the Lopan.  "Um. . . this is a good monkey. . . Might even know how to do tricks and . . . things?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »

"Ooh, tricks?" Moonkit replies, then tries to coax the monkey into doing something.

"If you do a trick, I'll give you a banana!"

The monkey seems to perk up at the mention of a banana, and starts looking around for it, going so far as to look behind Moonkit and then in her hands for it.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2015, 02:14:54 pm »

"Um . . . do you have a banana?"  Cillian looks around.  "He, uh, might not be happy if he. . . thinks you're holding out. . . ?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:12 pm »

"Yeah, we got lots" Moonkit answers; and hurries off to the ship's galley to fetch a banana.

The monkey scampers after.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2015, 03:53:56 pm »

Cillian scampers after.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6950
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2015, 08:48:17 pm »

Montoya almost scampers after them too because it is amusing but the ship does need repair so he just sends Vicini the dog to keep them out of trouble.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2015, 10:56:24 am »

Montoya thinks that with everyone's help, ten hours will be enough to repair the ship. As they will be in Hyperspace for the next thirty hours, they should be good to go when they arrive in the Jovian system.

In the ship's galley, a very confused Moonkit and a very sad monkey, find that there are no bananas there.

"But, we had a bunch of them," Moonkit tells Cillian. "I had one for a snack. We had a whole bunch of them. I bet Gilbert ate them all! He likes to eat, but he should have known our monkey would need them!"

The monkey folds it little arms over its chest and pouts.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2015, 11:06:18 am »

Cillian half-heartedly attempts Forensic Analysis of the galley, to try and determine what might have happened to the bananas.

"Is there. . . maybe something else. . . ?"
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16133
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »

Butch sighs.
"I guess it's good she has a friend now." Butcj says, shaking his head.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6950
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2015, 02:09:56 pm »

"Rather dashing too in his little outfit!" Montoya adds before calling Gil "Time we all get started on the repairs, we have more than enough time so let's do it in 3 hour batches with breaks between for meals, we can rest when the Dandy is back to her old self" he pauses "and I have some ideas about our armor, I'll tell you as we go!"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2015, 05:08:51 pm »

Giving the scene a thorough looking over, Cillian finds a banana peel in the trash, verifying Moonkit's claim that there was indeed bananas.

Evidence further suggests that someone used drawers (pulled out) to climb up to the counter top, where Moonkit says the bananas were kept.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2015, 08:16:36 pm »

Cillian wonders whether he should point this out.  It seems wrong for Gilbert to end up being blamed for a crime he couldn't have committed. 

"Someone. .  . climbed up on the counter?  Gilbert. . . Can he even get out of the hover chair?"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2015, 08:23:14 pm »

"Rather dashing too in his little outfit!" Montoya adds before calling Gil "Time we all get started on the repairs, we have more than enough time so let's do it in 3 hour batches with breaks between for meals, we can rest when the Dandy is back to her old self" he pauses "and I have some ideas about our armor, I'll tell you as we go!"

Gilbert nods with approval, although he's not eager to spend so much time on the repairs.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

Cillian wonders whether he should point this out.  It seems wrong for Gilbert to end up being blamed for a crime he couldn't have committed. 

"Someone. .  . climbed up on the counter?  Gilbert. . . Can he even get out of the hover chair?"

Cillian notes that Moonkit has to stand on her tiptoes to point out the spot on the counter that she says the bananas were kept. Someone would have to be even smaller of stature to need the extra step-up.

The monkey is small enough, but it should be able to leap right up there...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2015, 02:26:40 pm »

With Cyril Davis tucked into the Brig, and repairs on the ship well underway, the crew settles down for their first evening in Hyperspace.

It is late in the night, when a toilet flushes in Butch and Moonkit’s quarters. Normally, this wouldn’t be that unusual, as Moonkit occasionally gets up in the middle of the night to use the restroom.

But this time, Moonkit didn’t emerge from the bathroom to come back to her bunk.

Concerned, Butch is just about to go check on her, when he hears Moonkit stir in her bunk and abruptly realizes that she wasn’t the one that flushed a toilet a few minutes ago …

Meanwhile, from the comms down in the Brig, Cyril Davis calls in a panic to the Bridge (or Montoya’s room if the Bridge is currently unmanned) – “Hey! What the hell?!? You guys didn’t tell me this ship was haunted! You can’t leave me down here with it! Get me out of here!”
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6950
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2015, 03:15:39 pm »

Montoya leaps from his chair and immediatly gets on the comms "Haunted! That will be wonderful for our reputation! Although who died, I don't remember anyone dying on the Dandy... Well maybe one of the previous crew..." he slings on his pirate coat and draws his sword so he can activate some Heroic music before running to Cyril's position "On my way!"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2015, 03:39:46 pm »

Cillian couldn't sleep.  He's in the galley, continuing his investigation.  Next step: using the Lopan to summon whoever stole the bananas.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:41:23 pm by Sethaniel »
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18540
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2015, 03:52:02 pm »

Crystal was sound asleep when Cyril called out the rest of the crew - soldiers didn't often have much opportunity to sleep and would have to fight for days on end, so they got sleep when they could. While she hasn't been a soldier for a while, old habits die hard, and a life mostly spent on the run is not one where a good night's sleep is easy to achieve.

Being a quick sleeper doesn't mean you're a heavy one though. It's with great reluctance that Crystal stirs, but she stirs nonetheless - "What the Fark guys?" she grumbles into the comms in complaint. She was about to dismiss the idea of a ghost being on the ship before acutely remember her own powers. She then sighs, and starts to put on her vac-suit (with the zero-g harness) before heading off to the bridge.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2015, 04:36:43 pm »

Cillian couldn't sleep.  He's in the galley, continuing his investigation.  Next step: using the Lopan to summon whoever stole the bananas.

Cillian suddenly feels like a walk about the ship might do him some good.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2015, 04:41:27 pm »

"Whuh?"

Ethel groggily yawns, stretching her arms out. "Ghost? Cap'n, you know those ain't real... Do we all have to get up now?" She stares blankly at the cieling, to lazy to get up at the moment.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2015, 04:53:02 pm »

Cillian suddenly feels like a walk about the ship might do him some good.

Armed with only his lopan and kitty backpack, Cillian plans to wander not-exactly aimlessly around the ship until something interesting happens.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2015, 05:00:33 pm »

Cillian walks out of the living quarters into the corridor near the water control room. He immediately hears something moving in the air ducts that run along the ceiling over the corridor...
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2015, 06:00:52 pm »

Cillian looks for a way into the air ducts.  Failing that, he tries to figure out where the thing is going so he can follow after it.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2015, 07:44:43 pm »

Meanwhile, from the comms down in the Brig, Cyril Davis calls in a panic to the Bridge (or Montoya’s room if the Bridge is currently unmanned) – “Hey! What the hell?!? You guys didn’t tell me this ship was haunted! You can’t leave me down here with it! Get me out of here!”

Gilbert quietly, but quite angrily, closes the door to the fridge. He isn't pleased that someone disturbed his late night snack.

"Haunted?" He asks over the comms with a hint of derision.

"If there's ghosts why don't you try to get that wonder-kid to sniff them out. I'm going back to... uh... man the bridge in case something unrelated to the ghost occurs..." Gilbert says, no willing to admit he's actually someone concerned there may really be a ghosts.

He'll then head to the bridge, snacks in hand, to wait out this whole "ghost" issue. Maybe checking the systems to make sure everything is okay while he's there.

---

Perception 8 1d20 : 19, total 19
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:47:22 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16133
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2015, 01:57:32 am »

With Cyril Davis tucked into the Brig, and repairs on the ship well underway, the crew settles down for their first evening in Hyperspace.

It is late in the night, when a toilet flushes in Butch and Moonkit’s quarters. Normally, this wouldn’t be that unusual, as Moonkit occasionally gets up in the middle of the night to use the restroom.

But this time, Moonkit didn’t emerge from the bathroom to come back to her bunk.

Concerned, Butch is just about to go check on her, when he hears Moonkit stir in her bunk and abruptly realizes that she wasn’t the one that flushed a toilet a few minutes ago …

Meanwhile, from the comms down in the Brig, Cyril Davis calls in a panic to the Bridge (or Montoya’s room if the Bridge is currently unmanned) – “Hey! What the hell?!? You guys didn’t tell me this ship was haunted! You can’t leave me down here with it! Get me out of here!”
Butch gets out of bed, and mutters angrily before talking on the comms.
"I didnt know ghosts needed to go to the bathroom." He says, as he quickly gets dressed.

"Anyone know anything else about the ghost? What's going on?" He then asks
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2015, 06:53:09 am »

Cillian looks for a way into the air ducts.  Failing that, he tries to figure out where the thing is going so he can follow after it.

Cillian notes that the duct-works run over the corridors throughout the entire ship. It looks however, that this particular duct originates in the engine room somewhere, before branching out in many directions.

Listening to the sounds of movement within the duct, Cillian surmises that whatever is in there, just went into a short vertical shaft that would lead up into the hanger deck...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2015, 06:55:37 am »

Quote
Perception 8 1d20 : 19, total 19

On the bridge, Gilbert runs into Montoya, who is exiting his quarters most dramatically, to the thrilling sounds of 'Swashbuckling Concerto #6.'
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2015, 07:11:12 am »

Cillian notes that the duct-works run over the corridors throughout the entire ship. It looks however, that this particular duct originates in the engine room somewhere, before branching out in many directions.

Listening to the sounds of movement within the duct, Cillian surmises that whatever is in there, just went into a short vertical shaft that would lead up into the hanger deck...

This is exciting, intriguing, and in no way potentially perilous!
Cillian hurries off to the hangar deck.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:20:54 pm by Sethaniel »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6950
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2015, 04:04:25 pm »

"Gilbert! Good timing, our ship is haunted! Get on the scanners and try to track down the source while I head out and confront the ghost myself!"

He heroically and rather dashingly then heads out from the bridge, calling over the comms "Where is the ghost now!"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2015, 05:52:37 pm »

Gilbert has no idea what the captain means by "scanners", but the ship has been outfitted with a couple security cameras...
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »

Gilbert has no idea what the captain means by "scanners", but the ship has been outfitted with a couple security cameras...


Deciding to humour Montoya, Gilbert looks through the cameras to see if anything is currently going on. He'll then look through the footage of whatever camera was keeping an eye on Cyril to see if he finds anything unusual.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20600
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2015, 07:12:33 am »

Gilbert see's Cyril Davis at the cell door of the ship's brig. He looks very nervous and peers out into the cargo hull.

Rewinding the footage a bit, shows a point where Cyril wakes up and comes to look out the cell, and is surprised/shocked by something he sees out of frame.

What looks like a stack of blankets or sheets does fall into frame briefly though, as if knocked off a nearby storage shelf or something...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:14:31 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up