Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost In The Machine  (Read 165139 times)

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »

"Psst, brownie! How do you know when someone's one of them?"

"Who? Les Messieurs?" Brownie replies, "Um... let's see... they wear black suits with coattails, have white things over their shoes, funny round hats, and that little eyeglass on a stick thingie..."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2015, 06:36:26 pm »

Montoya overhears and so head to the hanger Bay, music following in his wake...
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2015, 06:39:38 pm »

Butch, being in the bridge with Gilbert, sits down on one of the chairs.

"Gil, you think you can check to see if there are any ships near us in Hyperspace? Dont want to be caught unaware."

Keeping an eye on the kids messing around in his ship, Gilbert also checks to see if there are any ships nearby.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2015, 06:47:59 pm »

Hyperspace looks clear out to the limits of sensor range.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2015, 06:50:39 pm »

Jacob waits for the kid to reply or come out.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »

The kid is waiting for captain Montoya. He doesnt quite trust Jacob.
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »

'Other kid'
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »

Dramatic Pirate Music (appropriately) announces Captain Montoya's arrival on the hanger deck.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2015, 08:31:06 pm »

Capt. Montoya dramatically leap/clambers onto the fighter so he can clearly see inside the cockpit and the two boys.

He pauses for a few moments before getting on his comm to the whole crew "Just a stowaway, stand down but keep the weapons ready and checks for other shops regularly just incase." He obviously winks in at them.

He leaps down to beside Jacob, giving him a nod to be ready, then calls up "Ok you two, let's have you out on deck!"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2015, 08:33:10 pm »

"Is that a space pirate?" Brownie asks Cillian, not sure what to make of the captain and obviously unwilling to make any sort of first move to get out of the cockpit.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2015, 08:44:10 pm »

"Yes, but. . . No, he's sort of. . . Well. . .

That's Captain Montoya."



Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

"Oh, I wasn't supposed to let anyone see me!" Brownie frets, looking out at Captain Montoya and Jacob.

"Uncle Mike is going to be mad."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2015, 05:49:25 pm »

"It will be okay," Cillian tries to be reassuring. "He'll understand.  But- how is Uncle Mike going to know where to find us?"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »

While Montoya waits he chats to Jacob "Gonna give them a minute or two more, most likely a stowaway but best be safe so grab him if he runs!"
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2015, 08:17:54 pm »

"Thats the plan." Jacob replies
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2015, 06:59:44 am »

"It will be okay," Cillian tries to be reassuring. "He'll understand.  But- how is Uncle Mike going to know where to find us?"

"He has Lady Jade Lee," the boy answers, "She finds things. She's mean."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #266 on: November 30, 2015, 05:53:28 pm »

"Okay. . . I'm going to let Captain Montoya in.  He's a good guy. . . He won't let them get us."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #267 on: November 30, 2015, 06:51:20 pm »

As there is no room for the Captain to actually come in (and I'm sure he tries - nearly squishing everyone in the process), the boy is eventually coaxed out with Cillian's assurances.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #268 on: November 30, 2015, 08:44:26 pm »

"Excelent!" Montoya poses dramatically "So why are you on the Dandy young man?"
Logged

Daedalus

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6182
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2015, 09:01:47 pm »

Jacob feels like he's forgetting something important.

---

General Know 6 1d20 : 18, total 18
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:20:09 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2015, 09:14:34 pm »

Crystal has made her way to the action, and has mostly stood in the background for now. Comforting kids wasn't her thing.

She does, however, take note of the poke-bag.

In there, the tracker - must be if they're actually following us.

"Hey ki - Brownie, what's in the bag?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #271 on: December 01, 2015, 08:26:33 am »

"The bad guys were shooting at us," Brownie begins to explain to Montoya, "Uncle Mike told me to get out of there and hide!"

"I ran over, and hid in here."

When Crystal asks about his pack, he shows her - it's a travel daypack and looks like something one would give a kid to take on a short trip.

It contains a coloring book, some spare clothes, empty snack wrappers, etc.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #272 on: December 01, 2015, 09:09:38 am »

Cillian steps protectively between Crystal and Brownie. "Why do you want his stuff?" For once, his tone is clear and direct.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #273 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:22 am »

Butch begins the trek to his fighter, to see what the commotion is all about
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #274 on: December 01, 2015, 11:27:35 am »

Butch arrives to see everyone gathered around his fighter.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #275 on: December 01, 2015, 11:30:59 am »

"So who's the hijacker?" Butch asks, as he heads closer in. Once he sees the kid, he'll internally groan.

"Cill, is this your brother or something? If you wanted someone else to join in, you coulda asked."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2015, 11:50:56 am »

Upon Butch's arrival, Cillian seems to regain much of his shy uncertainty.
Still shielding Brownie from Crystal, he replies,  "he's not. . . my brother?  He ran away. . . From people shooting. . . And hid in here. . .?"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2015, 11:52:36 am »

Montoya thinks for a moment "Lets take him and all his things up to the kitchen which is more comfortable!" Montoya suddenly and loudly interjects "He can have a snack while we have a nice talk and sort this all out!"

He turns dramatically to point the way, but really he is just turning his face away from the little kid to speak quietly into his comm "Gill get a bug sweeper and meet us,  Jacob check the fighter over then clear the other areas he has been too"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:53:52 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2015, 11:52:58 am »

Brownie doesn't say anything, looking nervously at all the faces now surrounding him.

He seems content to stay behind Cillian though.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2015, 11:55:00 am »

"Come on come on!" we can raid Gilbert's private sweet stash too!"

He begins trying to usher them towards the kitchen, letting Brownie stay beside Cillian.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2015, 12:06:21 pm »

At Montoya's insistence, the group (or most of it) heads to the kitchen.

Butch doesn't find anything unusual in his fighter, and a sweep of the ship by Montoya and Gilbert reveals no bugs.

Checking back through the camera logs however, shows Brownie wiggling into the Desperado through the broken airlock, explored the ship a bit, taking some food from the kitchen, then going into the air ducts through the engine room.

He is seen on camera hiding in Butch's fighter, and then coming out at night to go to the bathroom, get some blankets from the cargo hold, and then returning to the cargo hold through the air ducts to go back into Butch's ship again - before being found by Cillian.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »

Tubbs and Moonkit are already in the living area.

When they see Brownie enter, Tubbs nods and Moonkit says 'Hi."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:48 pm »

"Um... hi," Brownie replies to Moonkit.

Such depth of dialog between those two!
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:45 pm »

Crystal barely refrains from rolling her eyes at Cillian'd protectiveness.

"Kid, calm down, we're your crew, we're not going to pull any mean crap. One of the bounty hunters also had a pack like that, might be the same one. If they're tracking is it's probably through something in there or sewn into the pack."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2015, 01:17:37 pm »

Upon Butch's arrival, Cillian seems to regain much of his shy uncertainty.
Still shielding Brownie from Crystal, he replies,  "he's not. . . my brother?  He ran away. . . From people shooting. . . And hid in here. . .?"
"Ugh, he left some crumbs in the damn fighter." Butch mutters as he searches the fighter.

"So he's the little ghost? Guess Ciril freaked out for nothing."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »

"It does look like he overreacted somewhat" Montoya replies, with no hint that he had too "We will keep an eye out though incase there is more trouble."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2015, 01:39:46 pm »

Crystal barely refrains from rolling her eyes at Cillian'd protectiveness.

"Kid, calm down, we're your crew, we're not going to pull any mean crap. One of the bounty hunters also had a pack like that, might be the same one. If they're tracking is it's probably through something in there or sewn into the pack."

(OOC: not a pack like that, just one of the toys)

"No. . ." Cillian warily informs her.  "they don't need machines."

"It does look like he overreacted somewhat" Montoya replies, with no hint that he had too "We will keep an eye out though incase there is more trouble."

cillian unobtrusively tries to get Montoya's attention.  "Brownie says there's people? After him? Les messeuirs?"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:41:33 pm by Sethaniel »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2015, 01:48:30 pm »

"Yes," Brownie nods with a worried look on his face, "Les Messeuirs!"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #288 on: December 01, 2015, 02:23:19 pm »

Montoya First scours his memory, then the internet for reference or Mention of them!

---

General Know 11 1d20 : 18, total 18
Computers 17+2x 1d20 : 12, total 12
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:07:19 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #289 on: December 01, 2015, 02:54:34 pm »

"Anyone know any french?" Butch asks.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18543
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #290 on: December 01, 2015, 04:51:32 pm »

"So what? They've got someone like you?" Crystal says, in reply.

"How'll they be tracking us without any tech?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »

"So what? They've got someone like you?" Crystal says, in reply.

"How'll they be tracking us without any tech?"

Cillian looks at brownie, then back to Crystal.   "Yeah. . . Someone like me. I can find anyone."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20609
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2015, 06:11:06 pm »

Looking up Les Messieurs and Serpent Vert, Captain Montoya confirms that both are very powerful syndicates on Venus.

Their rivalry is well documented (up to and including their gunfight at the Spaceport yesterday), as is their involvement in a myriad of underworld activities - as would be expected.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:35 pm »

Montoya waits for the opportune moment to drop the bombshell.

"Well, using some of my knowledge of the current situation and evil organizations at large I can sum up the situation!" He poses for dramatic effect and makes sure his comms are turned on to transmit to everyone on the ship

"What has happened is that during one of the many recent fire fights between the syndicates of Les Messieurs and Serpent Vert, our young stowaway here" he indicates brownie with a small flourish "Was sent by his protector 'Mike' to hide out as the battle was not going well. He hid on our ship which might be one of the reasons we were attacked." He looks at them all as if baiting them to jump in with what this means. "The fact that he had his own protector and that they came after us so strongly indicates he is a very important person to the Serpent Vert syndicate. This means that both syndicates will be after us in order to get to him! Prepare for battle!" he pauses "Unless you all prefer to have the syndicates fight it out and we hand him over for a small finders fee to his rightful guardians."

He nods to himself, saving the kid and having the evil syndicates battle it out would be preferable to the Dandy getting damaged again, however battles are what Space Pirates do...
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5597
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2015, 09:19:28 pm »

"So, maybe we should just let the kid off somewhere when we get out of hyperspace", Gilbert suggests over the comms.

"They should find him quick enough, and I don't think we want to piss them off any more than we already have. Because, you know, they're probably still pissed off about the captain and Butch ordering us to shoot them."
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2015, 10:08:59 pm »

Cillian can't have heard Gilbert correctly.  The captain and Butch, the only two unambiguously good guys on the ship, ordered everyone to shoot Brownie's uncle?

Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2015, 12:16:54 am »

"So, maybe we should just let the kid off somewhere when we get out of hyperspace", Gilbert suggests over the comms.

"They should find him quick enough, and I don't think we want to piss them off any more than we already have. Because, you know, they're probably still pissed off about the captain and Butch ordering us to shoot them."
"They want my parts, Gil. We aint getting rid of them that quickly." Butch says, shaking his head.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6953
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2015, 12:39:17 am »

"They want my parts, Gil. We aint getting rid of them that quickly." Butch says, shaking his head.

"We can't get rid of them that easily but they can to eachother! As I said, hand Brownie over to this Mike fellow, since he looks after him and cares for him, collect a reward and let the syndicates take care of eachother!"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2015, 06:21:16 am »

"You're gonna . . . let brownies uncle . . . die?" Cillian is trying not to let brownie hear this.  "They don't want your parts, Butch. They just want brownie.  If . . . You were trying to save M-Moonkit. . . And the people who had her. . . Made you fight?  Then asked for money?"
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16139
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2015, 08:04:55 am »

"I'd kill them. Even if they did return her. But if they didnt actually kidnap her, I wouldn't fire a grenade launcher at them and a little girl. I'd only do that if I wanted them dead."

"This isnt a parent getting their kids back. This is a syndic trying to get a payday."
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up