Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost In The Machine  (Read 78278 times)

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Ghost In The Machine
« on: November 07, 2015, 12:08:42 pm »


The Dandy Desperado & Crew (On Venus)

It has been an eventful month for the Dandy Desperado, with some turnover in the crew, and the acquisition of a new Scout ship to replace the Plan B.

The new Scout ship is hardly new – but it was sturdy and only costs Gilbert 100 writ a month – as he worked some computer magic to create a loan plan that allows him to pay off the 75,000,000writ used spacecraft (at zero percent interest) in only 750,000 instalments over the next 62,500 years.

Gilbert also secured himself a hover-round, through his medical insurance plan, to help the hefty man get around better. The idea to apply for one occurred to him, as he and Captain Montoya set spy cameras and concision grenades on the RC cars and some drones the Captain had picked up.

The two of them turned to each other and said “Wait, human sized!”

Surprisingly, Gilbert was immediately approved for one, without the need for any hacking games on his part.

As for the crew (with Simon Mayhem having left to join Cold Rock Johnson), the movie star Natalia Alishire realized how little she had in common with any of the rest of the team. That, and the fact that bounty hunting was literally dangerous work, made her begin to rethink staying on.

It was the package that the Desperado received from Cold Rock Johnson one day, that finally pushed her to make a decision – and she left with Ezekiel volunteering to go with her to watch her back.

The package incidentally, was the Venus Vacation Prize from the System’s Most Wanted Show, which Cold Rock had won for the video of ‘his recruits’ capturing Genny Putkoff.

A note attached, explained that Cold Rock had his own private casino on Venus already, and that the team really deserved the prize, having done all the work.

Taking advantage of the prize, the Desperado headed to Venus for the vacation of a lifetime – and to meet the new Feng-Shui Master that responded to the ad Captain Montoya had put out (being that the crew had lost both their Feng-Shui and Discord Masters in one blow).

The team is currently on the Floating Venus Vegas, on the last day of their two week vacation.

During their stay, they have had plenty of time to unwind and enjoy the many diversions Venus has to offer – including Butch winning a Sweg Tournament and coming home with a shiny new Space fighter!

And of course Gilbert blowing everything.

Everyone is in one of the casino’s many bars, waiting to meet the new Feng-Shui Master…



« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:55:14 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 04:31:29 pm »

"I... Uh, dont think I even know what Sweg is." Butch says, still confused about his easy win. "And I'm still confused how you convinced me to let moonkit come along as well." He then adds.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5594
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:35:23 pm »

"You know, that Cold Rock guy ain't so bad", Gilbert says, leaning back on his hover-round.

"I can see why Simon would jump ships... Uh, no offence, Inigo."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 06:27:58 pm »

"Oh, can't take offence to that! We are a crew who rids the universe of injustice and corruption whilst fighting the true secret evil who pulls the strings in the background." He poses for dramatic effect "Mr. Mayhem was unfortunately a good musical mascot but his heart was clearly not into the work. Things were also a bit dangerous for our lady star, her being sent off with a new bodyguard was the most appropriate course for us too." He nods sagely, as if this was all his plan from the start.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 06:53:17 pm »

"I'm behaving!" Moonkit replies to Butch's statement with a pout; her being allowed in the casino, as long as she stays with the team (of course).

Turning to Captain Montoya she asks excitedly, "Are you going to buy that space monkey we saw Capt'n? Maybe we can train it to fly Butch's new ship!"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »

Why did the captain want to meet in a casino? There's nothing especially heroic about gambling, is there?  Maybe it's a test of some sort?

Cillian moves along the edge of the gaming floor; hopefully with his hood pulled up they'll think he's a short college girl.  Security at the door was relatively easy to avoid, he just ducked under the velvet rope while they were distracted by that falling chandelier.  But the floor could have any number of undercover security- not to mention hidden cameras.

Is that the crew over there? The captain said they'd be in the bar.   
Cillian feels a momentary pang of disappointment. Captain Montoya is apparently a distressingly obese man on a hover scooter, not exactly the dashing crusader for justice his ad made him out to be.

He sighs, and tries to be charitable. People of all shapes and sizes can be heroes. Of course h believes that.  He's just. . . a little surprised. That's all.

After one last quick check for nearby guards, Cillian makes a break for the bar.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5594
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 07:18:46 pm »

"Oh, can't take offence to that! We are a crew who rids the universe of injustice and corruption whilst fighting the true secret evil who pulls the strings in the background." He poses for dramatic effect "Mr. Mayhem was unfortunately a good musical mascot but his heart was clearly not into the work. Things were also a bit dangerous for our lady star, her being sent off with a new bodyguard was the most appropriate course for us too." He nods sagely, as if this was all his plan from the start.

Gilbert nods and laughs nervously, not wanting to dampen Inigo's spirits by informing him that turning the Genny bounty in was probably the definition of going along with injustice and corruption.

"So, when's the new member going to get here? I'm starting to get hungry", he asks, leaning to the side of his hover-round and taking out a drink from his mini-fridge as it precariously tips sideways.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:20:40 pm by killa_robot »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 08:35:27 pm »

"I'm behaving!" Moonkit replies to Butch's statement with a pout; her being allowed in the casino, as long as she stays with the team (of course).

Turning to Captain Montoya she asks excitedly, "Are you going to buy that space monkey we saw Capt'n? Maybe we can train it to fly Butch's new ship!"


Capt. Montoya is clearly thrilled by the idea of the piloting space monkey. He leaps to his feet, billowing his pirates coat flashily "We could name him after my old friend! His name shall be 'Fezek the Strong!' We can train him to be the worlds strongest evil fighting pilot monkey!" He pauses and leans down to Moonkit to stage whisper "And since we lost Simon, we need a new mascot!"

He slips Moonkit enough to buy the monkey as he turns to Gilbert "They should be here soon, from what I gathered they are probably human! I didn't actually inquire closely as I was busy at the time chasing down a lead but I felt their affinity for justice right away." He quickly fans his hands at Moonkit to go buy the monkey.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 08:47:15 pm »

"So we don't actually know what this new person looks like?", Crystal says, playing about with a coin, her feet up on the table, leaning back into her seat.

It's been nice to have all this time to relax, honestly - she'd practically had a psychotic breakdown a week or two ago. Her psychic powers had been developing at a ridiculous rate, but the toll was... horrifying, to say the least. It had gotten bad enough that she'd sought out help.

I wonder if that's what happened with the others? If the only reason I didn't go as crazy as they did was because it took me so much longer to get this strong?

She still doesn't quite feel herself, but she's definitely feeling a lot more stable than she has for years - the constant isolation and fear of capture being greatly mitigated ever since she found out her bounty had been cancelled. Nice to be more completely grounded in reality, and not being slapped in the face by how much it sucks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:10:22 pm by Drakilian »
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 11:51:35 pm »

"Eh, don't need to." Ethel Clarke laughs, "Feng-Shui types are fairly noticeable. Not exactly the bashful types, y'know?"

Ethel takes a look around for especially gaudy types around the bar "Kinda makes me sad though. Didn't get to know Nat so well... Leaves just you and me, Crystal!.. Assuming the new guy's a guy. Not totally sure, actually. Kinda odd we got a Feng Shui master from the advert... you'd think it'd have better things to do..."

She begins to ramble unintelligibly for a small while before sobering up for a loud declarative. "Man, it's so cool we ended up going to Vegas! I gave up on that, which made it even better. What's the move from ehre on out, Cap'n?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 07:41:46 am »

He slips Moonkit enough to buy the monkey ... [and] ... quickly fans his hands at [her] to go buy the monkey.

"OOH! Butch! Can I, can, I can I?!?" Moonkit dances uncontrollably with excitement at the thought of being able to get the space monkey.

As this goes on, a quick movement at the front of the bar attracts everyone's attention - where a rather young-looking kid in a hoody, slips unseen by security into the establishment.

Sad to say, but no fake ID in all the world is going to be enough to convince anyone that he's old enough to be in here...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 07:49:36 am »

"I'll take her," Tubbs volunteers to Butch.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 10:36:07 am »

"I'll take her," Tubbs volunteers to Butch.
Butch eyes tubbs.
"Youre not gonna bolt if she gets in trouble?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 11:48:01 am »

"Nah!," Tubbs replies, "She's a good kid, what's to get in trouble?"

"Sides; that pet shop was within walking distance. We'll only be a couple of minutes."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 11:48:59 am »

"Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase?" Moonkit asks, giving Butch those puppy dog eyes.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 01:14:22 pm »

Butch sighs.
"Fine. You better be back quick though."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 01:23:33 pm »

"Yay!!!  ;D ;D ;D"

Moonkit grabs Tubbs by the hand and practically drags him out of the bar.
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 01:37:52 pm »

Is this . . . destiny? 
As the most perfect, radiant girl in all the cosmos dashes past him, like an alicorn darting through a rainbow, Cillian almost says something to her.  Almost.

Instead he continues lurking meekly in the chubby man's considerable shadow, waiting for someone to notice him.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 01:45:48 pm »

Montoya gestures dramatically at the child in the hoodie hiding near Gilbert "I do believe that our guest of honour has arrived! My name is Capt. Montoya." he bows with a flourish.

'I hope it's the right person this time' he thinks to himself
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 02:17:27 pm »

Oh.  There was a pirate hidden behind the fat guy.

Well, to be honest, that makes a lot more sense.

"Um. . . hi?" says Cillian, his voice barely rising above a whisper. "I'm . . . Cillian?"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »

"Where?" Crystals asks, as if she can't see Cillian.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 05:20:34 pm »

Butch scootches his chair to see past Gilbert's massive girth, and looks at the little guy? Probably?

"...huh. You're the Feng Shui guy?"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5594
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 07:25:24 pm »

Gilbert swivels his chair around, then looks Cillian up and down. Finally, after nodding knowingly, he turns to Butch.

"She another one of yours?"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:28:27 pm by killa_robot »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 08:27:05 pm »

Montoya smiles and nods as if his crew had universally been welcoming and lovely instead of themselves "As you can see my good boy, we are a welcoming crew and should you indeed posess the abilities you profess then we shall be happy to count you amount our number!" He adds a flourish with his hand to emphasize the point.

"good thing I read up on my Grandoise speaches book this morning" he thinks.

"Ah you just missed Moonkit and tubs, they should be back soon with our space monkey fighter pilot." He adds as an after thought, saying it as if it was the most normal thing to say in the world.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 08:38:50 pm »

"Wait, you're serious? He's a kid! We can't take a kid with us! It's bad enough that we lug Moonkit around but at least we keep her out of danger, you want this..."

Crystal looks very closely to make sure Cillian is actually male, then mentally shrugs and decides to trust Montoya's judgement on that matter.

"This guy to come with us too? The hell will he do if we get into a fight - which we always do?"
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 08:43:42 pm »

"He uses space magic, he'll be fine!" He says with a smile to crystal, then turning to Cillian "so, want to tell us about yourself here or back on the ship? Having you in a bar is suspicious enough already though they don't seem to care as long as you are with so one who is buying things"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 08:51:46 pm »

"I don't. . . fight . . ." Cillian fiddles with the strap of his kitty backpack.  "I don't want to . . . hurt people."

He looks shyly at Montoya.  "But I'm really good at space magic."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:56:17 pm by Sethaniel »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »

"Perfect!" He announces "because we are the good guys, we only defend our selfs against the bad guys occasionally when we need too, or unless we have to capture them, most days actually but don't worry you can just stand at the back and use space magic for us!"

Deciding that everyone else has agreed already he continues "Right, as soon as Moonkit gets back with the monkey we can head back to the Dandy and find some leads!"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 09:33:12 pm »

Crystal grumbles to herself about the irresponsibility of bringing a seemingly helpless child on board the ship and bringing him into bounty hunts.

But she won't be the one to make the mistake of telling Montoya how to run his ship. Really, it was probably irresponsible of him to take her onboard as well.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 11:59:53 pm »

Ethel cranes her neck over to see what everyone is talking about. "Well, uh, this is beyond me."

She laughs, giving the forced and overly affectionate smile adults might give, "Hey there, kiddo! Uh, you have a parent around or something?"

"Is this even legal you guys?"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 01:18:23 am »

Ethel cranes her neck over to see what everyone is talking about. "Well, uh, this is beyond me."

She laughs, giving the forced and overly affectionate smile adults might give, "Hey there, kiddo! Uh, you have a parent around or something?"

"Is this even legal you guys?"

Crystal raises her right eyebrow in a look of incredulity.

"I dunno Ethel, are one tenth of the things we do even legal?"
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 01:26:34 am »

"I don't think we can be all too picky regarding age right about now." Butch says with a chuckle, and shrugs.

"So, uh, Cill, how old are you anyways?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 07:37:14 am »

Crystal raises her right eyebrow in a look of incredulity.

"I dunno Ethel, are one tenth of the things we do even legal?"

"You . . . do illegal things?  I thought you were good guys?"

"I don't think we can be all too picky regarding age right about now." Butch says with a chuckle, and shrugs.

"So, uh, Cill, how old are you anyways?"

"Um. . . fourteen?"
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 10:14:07 am »

"Sometimes you gotta break laws to bring criminals to justice, kiddo. Fight fire with fire, sort of." Butch says with a shrug.

"Fourteen though? Why you interested in bountyhunting? Shouldnt you be with your parents?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 11:00:09 am »

Cillian gives Butch a blank, dead-eyed stare.  ". . . Wouldn't you just end up with everything on fire?"

He puts his hands in his pockets, slouching so the hood comes down over his eyes, and waits for everyone to go back to ignoring him.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:05:07 am by Sethaniel »
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 11:13:53 am »

Crystal waves her hands out towards the casino.

"Do you see the world burning kid?"
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 11:42:15 am »

"Of course!" The tiny space wizard seems startled Crystal might think differently.  "The whole world's full of sad scared lonely people who think they have to hurt each other! . . ." He trails off, belatedly remembering his intention to remain unobtrusive.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 12:43:32 pm »

Cillian gives Butch a blank, dead-eyed stare.  ". . . Wouldn't you just end up with everything on fire?"

He puts his hands in his pockets, slouching so the hood comes down over his eyes, and waits for everyone to go back to ignoring him.


Butch shrugs.
"Hasnt burnt anything yet." He replies. "It's like, uh, Robin Hood. You know, break laws to help the weak and stuff. Montoya's got the hang of it."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6940
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »

"Exactly! We occasionally break laws in order to help the weak and downtrodden, defeating evil as we go!" He nods to himself while deciding if he would look dashing with a bow but decides that it really would be rather unless as a weapon compared to his guns.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 07:04:13 pm »

As the crew is talking to each other, a news story comes on the on the vid.

It shows a shootout at the airport between two rival syndicates, Les Messieurs (The Gentlemen) and Serpent Vert (the Green Snakes) captured on airport security earlier today.

The story goes on to say that six gunmen were killed (as well as an innocent bystander) before four of the men were captured at the scene by the SSPB.

It is not entirely clear how many were involved or how many got away.

Montoya Perception 9 1d20 : 19, total 19
Butch Perception 12 1d20 : 16, total 16
Jacob Perception 11 1d20 : 8, total 8
Gilbert Perception 8 1d20 : 11, total 11
Ethel Perception 8 1d20 : 1, total 1
Crystal Perception 13 1d20 : 12, total 12
Cillian Perception 14 1d20 : 9, total 9
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 20587
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 07:04:46 pm »

As this goes on, Jacob, Ethel, and Cillian notice a man acting suspiciously, as he crosses the casino with a slight limp (it looks as if he was spooked by the news story on the vid and is trying a little too hard to be inconspicuous).

When Crystal looks at what the others are observing, she recognizes the man, as a recent bounty head in disguise! It's Cyril Davis, for whom there is an 800,000w bounty posted for some such offense or another (she doesn't recall the specifics, but she's sure he's a wanted man)...

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:27:17 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 07:43:29 pm »

Crystal looks over the rest of the group.

"Hey. Guy over there, big bounty, maybe a chance for us to make a little extra coin on the side. I'm going to follow him - Butch, you with me?".

Unwilling to start anything in the crowded area full of innocent bystanders, Crystal intends to shadow him outside to where he can be taken in with significantly less potential collateral damage.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:57:26 pm by Drakilian »
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5594
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 10:03:54 pm »

"Or, we could be smart", Gilbert replies, placing a tracking device on the table from a small compartment on his hover-round.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 10:07:24 pm »

Ethel adds a bug to Gilbert's tracker. "Okeydoke," she whispers, "that should do it. Stay safe."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »

Crystal raises an eyebrow.

"And you think it'll magically place itself on his person without any prompting from a real, physical person who's following him to put it there?"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5594
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2015, 10:15:20 pm »

Ethel adds a bug to Gilbert's tracker. "Okeydoke," she whispers, "that should do it. Stay safe."

Gilbert nods knowingly at Ethel, indicating that she needs to be the one to slip the bug onto the man.

"I agree, stay safe."

Crystal raises an eyebrow.

"And you think it'll magically place itself on his person without any prompting from a real, physical person who's following him to put it there?"

"You just have to bump into the guy. You could cause a distraction so he doesn't notice if you're so concerned. Who is he anyway? What's his bounty?"

Assuming Crystal answer him, Gilbert will then discretely search for information about the man on the internet.

---

Computers 18+2X 1d20 : 15, total 15
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:18:18 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Sethaniel

  • Feng-Shui Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 9836
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 10:35:03 pm »

Cillian opens his backpack, takes out the lopan, and tries to read the suspicious man's aura.
Logged

Tanstaafl

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5277
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:53 pm »

The girl shrugs, pocketing the tracker-bug, but mostly tries to keep an eye out for the man without being too obvious. She tries to surmise where he's going (outside of the casino?) and whether that limp is legit or not.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 16124
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 12:13:00 am »

Butch nods, not looking towards the bounty.
"We're gonna need to follow him anyways, in case someone else tries to grab 'im. Who's placing the tracker, and whos gonna make our distraction?"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 18534
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 12:26:46 am »

Not wanting to waste so much time talking about a plan when the guy is literally leaving right now at this moment, Crystal leaves to follow him.

---

Quote
Stealth 13 1d20 : 19, total 19
vs.
Spot 6 1d20 : 8, total 8
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:01:31 am by BerkaZerka »
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up