Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost In The Machine  (Read 129938 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost In The Machine
« Reply #350 on: December 07, 2015, 01:13:18 am »

"This is crazy!" Butch exclaims, "you cant be serious Montoya. Who cares if the boy wants back in, you wouldn't let a drug addict have drugs if he wanted them! This kid, if we bring him back, will end up a criminal who someone, possibly us, will end up killing or bringinh to Pluto."

"Is that the fate you guys want for this kid?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:45 am »

"Ah you know for certain who his father is and that his family was allowing the syndicate to use him him then? Clearly not. You are simply acting out Moonkit's situation in his place. If it turns out his direct family was not complicit in the full scam and simply thought he was visiting his uncle you'd simply be another kidnapper stealing their child while the syndicate will have already started using a new carrier by now." Montoya shakes his head "Anyway, back to the research, please try too Gil."

Montoya tries to look up everything he can on Brownies family using the clues they have. Then good places to sell the seeds too.

---

Computers 19+2X 1d20 : 15, total 15
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:38:36 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 07, 2015, 01:29:36 am »

Gilbert debates supporting Montoya with some words, but quickly decides against pissing off the super powered cyborg further.

"Uh, sure. I'll try and find some places that could use them", he replies, first consulting the internet, then getting in touch with Fixer if he finds no leads.

---

Computers 20+2X 1d20 : 16, total 16
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:38:19 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 07, 2015, 01:37:33 am »

"Ah you know for certain who his father is and that his family was allowing the syndicate to use him him then? Clearly not. You are simply acting out Moonkit's situation in his place. If it turns out his direct family was not complicit in the full scam and simply thought he was visiting his uncle you'd simply be another kidnapper stealing their child while the syndicate will have already started using a new carrier by now." Montoya shakes his head "Anyway, back to the research, please try too Gil."

Montoya tries to look up everything he can on Brownies family using the clues they have. Then good places to sell the seeds too.
"That doesnt matter at all. If his parents are so bad at being parents that they let their uncle, who literally everyone knows is a syndicate enforcer, take the kid, then that's even worse, since that means they cant even keep him safe!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 07, 2015, 06:51:44 am »

Between the Captain and Gilbert, the team finds out that Brownie's father is named George Dupree. Not surprisingly, he's connected to the Serpent Vert, but has somehow managed to keep his record clean, in spite of multiple court appearances - all of which appear to have ended in acquittal, mistrial, or hung jury.

As for Brownie himself, he has no records online. As far as the Web is concerned, Brownie is a non-person.

Regarding the Angel Lotus Seeds, they appear to have been stolen from the Medical Research Community in Cinema City Venus. The MRC is offering a 100,000w reward for their return.

Of course the Black Market will pay full price for them (on Venus).

It occurs to Ethel, that her father's biochemical corporation might be interested in making an offer as well...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2015, 12:01:05 pm »

"Well now we know, I'll try and dig into Brownie a little more to see if I can find out exactly why he doesn't seem to exist, if they used a homeless child or they erased him. It is looking less likely that they have his best intentions at heart. For now Butch he's in your care!"

Montoya moves to the door "I think I have something that might be useful regarding the stolen seeds, mind if I borrow our lady expert to see if I am right?" He signals Ethel to join him walking up to the bridge.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »

Cillian storms off to sulk in his room.  For now.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2015, 04:03:04 pm »

"As if a syndic would ever care about anyone." Butch mutters, though he's obviously cooled down.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 08, 2015, 07:47:06 am »

"Yes sir?" Ethel follows the captain to the bridge, readying herself to be confused as to what he'll say.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 08, 2015, 11:20:52 am »

As they walk Montoya chats in a light tone "So you know my systems on this ship we top of the line even before the new supercomputer addition, we'll it is also set up to intercept messages from certain entities I have flagged as evil or part of the secret society. Want to tell me about the recent one you received?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 08, 2015, 01:00:26 pm »

Agh, not the 'secret society' drivel again... Wait, what?

"Uh..." Ethel stutters for a moment before answering, "Uh, I'd love to, but I didn't get anyhing from the secret society... Thing."

"Wanna elaborate cap'n?"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:06:24 pm by Tanstaafl »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 08, 2015, 02:13:18 pm »

"Without saying too much incase we are over heard by the others, The message you received at (Insert the time here that it was intercepted), Tech company who's name begins with the word Dark, white Knight chess piece and talk about the sample." Montoya keeps up the calm but slightly jovial tone, as if they were just chatting about lunch. "Very heavily encrypted of course but I did say my systems were exceptional didn't I"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 08, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »

"Well, yeah. Dad sends me some weird stuff. The old man thinks he some sort of badarse, so his company sounds pretty weird."

Ethel shrugs, "Nothing to do with the secret society though. I think. My dad is pretty weird... Huh." The girl forces a chuckle. "I suppose I shoulda warned you about it first, sorry captain."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2015, 04:57:46 pm »

"In future it might be best to" Montoya agrees "Though just what sort sample is being discussed?" Montoya keeps up the same tone, he likes Ethel, it would be sad to have to assume she was a spy...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2015, 05:09:02 pm »

"I'd assume you already know, with your supercomputer and all..." Ethel grins, "but the basic shtick makes sense, y'know? We're on a ship with two... Abnormal characters. One is particularly interesting, and research regarding the phenomena is pretty weak. Decided to help out with that, hurting no one in the process. So, uh, everyone wins, right captain?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2015, 05:41:50 pm »

So she is after a sample of crystal or Cilian

"If my crew are not harmed or put at risk in any way then everyone wins, however if members of my crew suddenly face new dangers because of their information being leaked to the wrong people, I shall be extremely unimpressed." He pauses for a moment "Everyone makes money their own way and I respect that and leave you all to it, however there also used to be a punishment for pirates that crossed the line and endangered the ship, it was called 'Keel Hauling'. Simply don't cross that line."

He leaps through the next door dramatically "Right! As our resident expert we need to find what to do about those seeds! I'd suggest returning some to the original owners as is appropriate however taking one or two might be considered an appropriate free for having the syndicate shoot at us!" back to his normal swashbuckling self he poses with his sword, you work on the seeds, I'll work on the boy with Butch!"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2015, 05:52:17 pm »

While keel-hauling in outer space is perhaps one of the scarier things Ethel has considered, she lets out a sigh of relief in response to his apparent easy-goingness.

"Of course not, sir! Yes sir!" Saluting in an exuberant, silly fashion, bidding adieu to the captain. She will then consult her phone, checking  her scientific sources as to deals regarding Lotus Angel seeds.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2015, 06:19:12 pm »

Montoya heads into the bridge to begins searching up about Ethel's dad's company in as much detail as possible.

---

Computers 19+2X 1d20 : 14, total 14
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:11:33 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2015, 07:19:03 am »

Checking her Scientific Ties, Ethel generates immediate interest in the Angel Lotus seeds. It seems that the average bid on them is half of what she could get on the black market for them, but at least they would be going to legitimate scientific facilities.

Ethel then sends the samples she obtained using the diagnostic scanner to her father. He's pleased with the inclusion of a Feng-Shui sample as well as the Psychic.

He then surprises Ethel, by making an unsolicited offer on the Angel Lotus Seeds.

"DarkTech has authorized me to offer full value for one or more of these Angel Lotus seeds you have acquired."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2015, 07:20:23 am »

Captain Montoya's search meanwhile, yields a little information.

It seems that DarkTech is a scientific research and development identity, funded largely by the Jovian People's Confederacy and a handful of private donors. It has hundreds of facilities throughout the solar system and is involved in both military and humanitarian research.

Of course, its systems are also state of the art, so Montoya is kicked out of the system well before he is able to narrow his search down to any particular facility or project.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:53:33 am by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 09, 2015, 12:01:10 pm »

Ethel turns to the comms, telling them what she found.

"So most research-crews are willing to pay half for the seeds, but DARKTECH matches it with full price, so better that than the Black Market, right?"

A bit uncertain, she adds, "Uh, guys, we should probably give one of the seeds to the original researchers, I think. Thoughts?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 09, 2015, 03:09:37 pm »

"You should give them to the people they belong to!" says Cillian.  "They're not ours!  You don't have any right to sell them!"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »

"We should sell them all to Darktech. The quicker the better", Gilbert suggests.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »

"By current law, they are in fact ours since we obtained them as legal bounty hunters from criminals, however at least 1 will be returning to where they were stolen from." Montoya adds.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 10, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »

With no real decision made on what to do with the seeds, everyone pretty much lets the conversation drop and the rest of the trip through Hyperspace is largely uneventful.

The next day, the Desperado is exiting the gate in the Jovian System when three ships come up on the sensor – rocketing toward the Desperado from medium range.

There are three fighters and a scout ship and the all have radar lock on the ship!

--- 

Initiative
Enemy Pilots 8 1d20 : 1, total 1

Cillian 17 1d20 : 4, total 4
Jacob 14 1d20 : 9, total 9
Butch 13 1d20 : 17, total 17
Ethel 12 1d20 : 3, total 3
Crystal 11 1d20 : 5, total 5
Tubs 11 1d20 : 17, total 17
Montoya 10 1d20 : 17, total 17
Gilbert 10 1d20 : 19, total 19

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

Wave 1
Jacob 9
Crystal 5
Cillian 4
Ethel 3
Enemy Pilots 1

Wave 2
Gilbert 19
Montoya 17
Butch 17
Tubs 17
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:13:45 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 10, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »

As with all problems in his life, Gilbert attempts to solve this by hacking into one of the fighter ships. If successful, he'll immediately try to eject them from their ship.

---

Computers 20+2X MTN 15 1d20 : 16, total 16
Computers 20+2X 1d20 : 15, total 15
vs.
Pilot 14 1d20 : 3, total 3
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:36:25 am by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:23 pm »

Jacob tries to do the same with the scout ship - but them remembers that he doesn't have a Universal Remote, like Gilbert...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:34:06 am by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:55 pm »

Montoya springs into action with pure indignation, taking command like a swashbuckling Pilot should

"Gil, you have the hacking, show them who the best hacker in the system really is!" (Surge Gil) "Butch, get on these guns now and show them the error of their ways before they can shoot!" (Surge butch)

Montoya himself surges to go before the enemy pilots and takes evasive actions to throw off their aim "Someone send out the chaff to throw off their Locks" he calls as he activates his 'battle mix number 6'.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2015, 07:31:15 am »

Being fairly useless while in the ship, Ethel will hide near the ship's entrance in case they try to board.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:28 am »

Butch runs out to the Plan C?

"I'll take them on in space. You two fire them from here!" He shouts

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2015, 08:27:33 am »

Cillian runs to find Brownie.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2015, 08:32:53 am »

Jacob takes his C4 and his sniper rifle and boobytraps yhe hangar bay. After Butch is out in the clear ofcourse.

He will look for the best ambush position in there aswell

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2015, 02:33:14 pm »

Using his universal remote – boosted by the ship’s super computer – Gilbert taps into one of the enemy fighter ships and causes it to eject the control pod!

As this goes on, Montoya tries to separate from the other ships, as they try to close the gap.

---

Montoya Pilot 14+2X 1d20 : 10, total 10
vs.
Enemy Pilots 14 3d20 : 2, 14, 17, total 33

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2015, 02:59:57 pm »

The Desperado pulls away from the scout ship, but the two remaining fighters close – one rocking past the other and right into dogfighting range.

Desperado | Fighter 1 (Point Blank)
Fighter 2 (Short)
Scout Ship (Long)

As this goes on, both fighters launch air-to-air missiles at the Desperado, while Butch gets to his ship and fires it up.

Tubbs fires an Air-to-Air Missile at the closer of the two enemy fighters, while the rest of the crew sets up for possible boarding!

---

Fighter 1 A-2-A Missiles 12 1d20 : 1, total 1
Fighter 2 A-2-A Missiles 12 1d20 : 16, total 16

Tubbs A-2-A Missiles 9 1d20 : 20, total 20

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2015, 03:05:48 pm »

Montoya Pilot 14+2X 1d20 : 10, total 10

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2015, 03:12:03 pm »

Montoya jukes the Desperado wildly to avoid the missiles (the artificial gravity generator barely able to compensate enough to keep everyone from flying into a wall.

Cillian finds Brownie and Moon kit on the Bridge, watching the unfolding battle through the thick plate windows.

The enemy fighter dodges the missile Tubbs had fired.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2015, 03:16:01 pm »

Round 2

Wave 1
Jacob 9
Crystal 5
Cillian 4
Ethel 3
Enemy Pilots 1

Wave 2
Gilbert 19
Montoya 17
Butch 17
Tubs 17

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2015, 03:23:38 pm »

"I'm taking to the skies, you guys get Moonkit in a skinsuit, prepare for boarding in case I dont blow 'em up!" Butch shouts on the coms, as he flights out to blow the shit outta the fighter thats closing in.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 12, 2015, 04:21:57 pm »

"Moonkit, suit up! And make sure the monkey gets in a suit too! Vicini, Find Ethel and help her!" Montoya commands, vaguely hoping Vicini will do as he says "And Butch, careful of the surprises! Once they are all ejected in their life pods, we can salvage and head on our way!"

Montoya keeps dodging as much as he can while keeping a relatively straight course before launching his space mines in the enemies path (of course programmed not to trigger for the Dandy or Plan C)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2015, 04:25:34 pm »

Gilbert smirks to himself and his amazing computer skills as he attempts to eject another one of the fight pilots (the closer one) out of their ship.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2015, 05:08:56 pm »

Cil tries to help brownie find a suit if possible.
If he can, he'd also aid Montoya's dodge attempts.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 13, 2015, 05:31:00 pm »

Following the others, Ethro searches to don a skinsuit before getting back into position.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2015, 11:17:15 am »

Montoya Pilot 14+2X 1d20 : 12, total 12
vs.
Enemy Pilots 14 3d20 : 15, 19, 16, total 50

Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6
Computers 20+2X 1d20 : 20, total 20
vs.
Pilot 14 1d20 : 16, total 16

Fighter 1 A-2-A Missiles 12 1d20 : 7, total 7
Fighter 2 A-2-A Missiles 12 1d20 : 11, total 11
Tubbs A-2-A Missiles 9 1d20 : 1, total 1
Enemy Pilots 14 3d20 : 19, 9, 20, total 48
Montoya Pilot 14+2X 1d20 : 11, total 11

Butch A-2-A Missiles 14 1d20 : 11, total 11

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57:59 am »

Captain Montoya pushes the engines hard and the Desperado separates another increment from all the enemy spacecraft!

Desperado | Plan C? (Point Blank)
Fighter 1 (Short)
Fighter 2 (Medium)
Scout Ship (Sensor)

As this goes on, both fighters launch another two air-to-air missiles at the Desperado, while Butch pulls the Plan C? out of the bay and a trigger happy Tubbs makes space-fighting noises as he fires off another of the Desperado’s air-to-air missiles – ”take that! Pew pew pew pew!”

Meanwhile, Gilbert tries to lock onto another fighter-ship with his universal remote, but finds that the pilots have initiated a modulating control spectrum array. It isn’t really going to make things any harder than they already are to hack into the ships, just that it requires a slightly different approach.

The two missiles streak in at the Desperado, and Montoya deftly ship-dodges one, but the other slams into the hull – detonating for 17 Damage!

Tubs gets lucky and clips an enemy fighter’s wing with his missile for 17 Damage as well.

Butch gets a lock on the same fighter and puts a missile of his own into its fuselage for the ever popular 17 Damage – rocking the ship, but not yet dissuading its pilot from pressing the attack!

Inside the Desperado, the rest of the crew dons skinsuits and helmets – incase a boarding party breaches the airtight integrity of the ship.

In the hanger, Jacob busily sets a few nasty surprises for any unwelcomed guests…

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2015, 11:58:17 am »

Round 3

Wave 1
Jacob 9
Crystal 5
Cillian 4
Ethel 3
Enemy Pilots 1

Wave 2
Gilbert 19
Montoya 17
Butch 17
Tubs 17

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2015, 12:26:21 pm »

"A job well done." He smiles. Then he talks into his comlink "butch, our entire hangar is set up with explosive surprises in case we get boarded, report in to me when you plan on heading back." He says. Then he will hide.. and wait.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »

"You better know how to unfuse them Jacob." Butch says, as he countinues firing at the fighter, and moves foward, clpser to the enemy fighters

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2015, 06:15:29 pm »

"Ofcourse i know, i used to be special forces you know."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2015, 12:44:49 pm »

Montoya calls out "That fighter should bug out soon, keep it up everyone! Butch, show them how it's supposed to be done!" (Surge Butch, think that is Montoya's last surge that can be given)

Montoya keeps up his evasive manouvers and trusting in the Space Mines he just released he opens fire with a missile against the second fighter, hoping the pressure on it will reduce it's dodging options.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up