Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Somebody Say Zombies?!?  (Read 108905 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Did Somebody Say Zombies?!?
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2016, 02:37:27 pm »

Gilbert wrestles the controls as the scout ship is buffeted violently by the storm, furiously typing control adjustments into the computer!

The ship is struck by lightning several times, which initially doesn't seem to do any harm, until the ship's computers register a huge energy build up in all systems. Not sure what else to do, Gilbert hurries the ship to the open hanger doors of the domed mining colony's transfer station.

That's where - as he is bringing the ship in - all the ship's built-up energy is abruptly discharged in one massive static arc between the Snack Runner VII and the hanger doors!

The Snack Runner VII immediately goes dark, falling twelve feet out of the air and slamming into the jagged ground about thirty feet shy of entering the transfer station! The scout ship takes 11 Damage and everyone inside is banged up for 6 Damage - as the ship skids forward and comes to a stop right at the opening of the hanger itself!

Looking out, the crew can see that the upper parts of the hanger doors has been melted into slag by the discharge - likely rendering the door fused into the 'open' position. That, and the discharge also seems to have knocked the power out in the area as well...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »

Crystal groans, rubbing at her forehead where it had slammed into... Uhh, something, she wasn't too clear on the specifics of the crash since she was too busy hugging her seat and hoping she wouldn't die.

"Everyone okay?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »

Rolling around the ship, Butch curses.
"Farking hell." He mutters, before standing up and dusting himself.

"Yeah, I'm good. Cill? Gil? You guys still kickin'?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2016, 03:02:46 pm »

Grumbling to himself mostly Samuel picks himself up off of the floor (ceiling?) He's not even sure how the ship is oriented after all that.

"How's everyone doing? How close did we get?"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »

Gilbert doesn't answer any questions to him. Instead, he simply rocks back and forth on his chair, confident this planet is where he will die.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 03:16:28 pm »

Montoya leaps to his feet "We have arrived" he announces as if that went to plan "let's check on the snack runners systems and get her running before we head inside!" He proceeds to do that, also ensuring the airlock doors are still sealed...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 03:19:54 pm »

It quickly becomes apparent that the Snack Runner VII's entire electrical system has been fried. It's going to take days to rewire - and that's only if they can somehow get it back to the Desperado's Repair Bay...

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 03:22:55 pm »

Cillian checks his lopan. Hopefully it wasn't damaged in the crash.

He wishes he could have helped them avoid the Lightning.  But then, maybe it was inevitable.  Maybe this is how the universe wants it to be.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 03:33:08 pm »

Cillian's lopan is fine and he's still getting the strange readings 'pulling' him in a direction that appears to point deeper into the colony.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 03:51:49 pm »

"My head." Jacob mumbles as he gently strokes it once and immedietly stopping once its appearent that it had a few bumps.

"So what now?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 04:13:11 pm »

"Guess we hoof it from here. We need to find a way to get this thing inside too. I reckon there'll be vehicles inside once we can make it there ya know. Though to be perfectly honest, I'm not looking forward to this. Lets do what we have to do and get back out alive."

Samuel starts for the door to start heading towards the dome...
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »

Using chains and some tackle in the transfer station, the crew is able to winch the Snack Runner VII the rest of the way into the hanger - so that it's at least out of the acid rain and storm.

Then, taking a moment to inspect outer hanger doors, they confirm their assessment that the doors cannot be closed again - the steel roller wheels that the doors hangs on have been arc-welded to the rail.

Looking out the windows of the airlocks that head from the transfer station into the colony itself, reveal a hundred or more walking dead crowded around the area. They seem to be drawn toward you by something other than sight - apparently able to sense the living from thirty or so feet away.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:51:20 pm by BerkaZerka »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 04:51:47 pm »

"I'm going to investigate this room just North of me, yell if you find a safe way through!" Samuel shouts out as the crew is taking in the sights of the zombie hoard through the Windows.

"I may find something useful in here"
He heads north through a door that reads "waiting room"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 04:58:01 pm »

An airtight (but not air-locked) door, joins the transfer station to the Administration Building in the waiting area. Currently, the door is locked from this side by a simple bar that prevents the handle from being turned; while two large vending machines have been shoved up against the door itself to keep it from being used by the miners. Opening the door would have cause air to rush out, decompressing the transfer station, until it was closed again. At this point however, there's no atmosphere left in the transfer station to lose.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 05:05:17 pm »

"Hey Gilbert! Plenty of snacks in here, and it's safe. Why don't you join me in here!" Sam shouts at Gilbert hoping to get him to move.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »

Crystal heads south into the office there, keeping a careful eye out for anything of note.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2016, 05:18:12 pm »

"Crawling with living dead... what the Fark have we gotten ourselfs into." Jacob states as he looks trough the window. "Hey, i wonder how many would be permakilled by a C-4 grenade in the middle there..."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2016, 05:51:35 pm »

Montoya thinks "Well let's test. Strap a few C4 to my RC car and we program it to go through the airlocks and out say 20 feet then trigger the c4!" He begins programming...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2016, 05:54:11 pm »

"Oho" Jacob beams. "And that is why you're the captain!"

With a grin, Jacob takes out not one, but two C4 grenades! 

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2016, 06:28:43 pm »

Cillian tries to read the zombies. Are they really dead? Would killing them be best?  Or are they still sort of people, who need to be rescued?

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2016, 10:29:58 pm »

"Hey guys there is a door blocked off here by vending machines. Wonder if we should move them?" Samuel uses his listen skill to hear if anything is moving directly behind the door

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2016, 10:57:30 am »

Cillian tries to read the zombies. Are they really dead? Would killing them be best?  Or are they still sort of people, who need to be rescued?

The readings Cillian gets from the walking dead are quite unusual.

They are dead, but also alive, but separate somehow...

Like... like another person inhabiting someone else's body maybe?

Either way, they are all in unmitigated agony, which has driven them completely insane and madly ravenous!

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2016, 03:54:27 pm »

Sam walks back to the main transfer area and wonders why the crew is just hanging out.

"Guys we don't have a lot of air, we're on a strict schedule here. We need a plan stat. I found a door in the waiting area there thats blocked by some vending machines, I didn't hear anything on the other side, seems like the safest bet. Especially considering these doors are crowded with the undead. Should we vote? Because, I don't feel like standing here all day, this is not somewhere we should linger..."

His voice trails off as he looks back towards one of the windows to see the zombies...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2016, 04:54:48 pm »

Montoya calls back "The moment I program this RC car and we attach the c4 grenades we can test the doors, we can use this to draw them away from the upper door while we head out that way!"

Montoya happily hums YoHoHo as he works.

Then adds "Oh and Gil, better get the Hover-round ready to go, you don't want to be trapped here alone incase the zombies break in to tear you apart and eat you!"

He goes back to humming.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:00:50 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2016, 08:31:39 am »

Crystal's sweep of the area reveals nothing out of the ordinary - the transfer station hasn't been breached by the zombies, yet.

Montoya and Jacob rig a remote control car with two C4-packed hand grenades and program it to drive out into the crowd of zombies to detonate. They let it out the north airlock (which is blocked by the car crashed into it, but not enough that they can't get the car out through the cracked door).

The R/C car drives out under the vehicles and then turns to roll into the center of the horde. The zombies do not seem to react to the car as it moves out among them. A few moments later the car explodes with a thunderous boom that shakes the hanger doors!

A small crater is left where the car detonated and a swath of zombies has been blown up. Others have been torn to shreds but still shamble about in some apparent confusion.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 09:40:15 am »

Cillian meanwhile, continues to try to make sense of what the Feng-Shui is showing him.

The explosion definitely wounds the zombies - and the ones blown apart have lost whatever dual nature they had before (and are now simply 'dead' dead).

It almost seems like when the host body originally died (of radiation and suffocation), some other spirit being entered the corpse and animated it. When the body was battered beyond use, the other spirit 'thing' left or abandoned it...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 10:06:09 am »

Sam does a fist pump at the sound of the explosion.

"Thats one way to get the testosterone flowing in the morning. Cillian, what are you detecting now? How many did we take out?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 10:27:19 am »

Butch shakes his head.
"We don't need to kill them. We need to get into one of those trucks. Think someone could draw them out so we can get in a truck?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:30 am »

"Um . . . You want me to tell you. . . How many you killed?" Cillian says unhappily.  "I . . ? I don't think. . . I can?

"When you. . . um. . . when you ruin the . . . Wait,  let me start again. . ?

"There's two different parts to them?  Like, a dead body-- and then a spirit or a ghost or something inside of it making it move around. 

"When  you . . . ruin the dead part so they can't use it, the spirits leave.

But I don't know where they go? I'm trying to find out."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2016, 12:17:05 pm »

"You seem to be in tune with their energy, instead of killing them is there a way you could shield us from their senses?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2016, 01:50:00 pm »

Montoya thinks hard, he acts the fool but he is still a smart man "So the bodies are indeed dead, and they are being inhabitted by some sort of mind or spirit. Has to be connected to the storm and those strange readings we got from orbit"

He gears up with again and prepares to head out "We can't tell just what the thing inhabiting them is but the bodies are clearly dead so we don't need to feel bad about killing them... again... disabling them... Anyway! We need to get this part and with the power out here it isn't any safer than inside so we head in, seal a vehicle and drive for the factory! On the plus side so long as the electricals are not fried, half the trucks, van's and buses out there will still have their keys in the ignition so we only need to hot-wire one if there isn't readily available and still running!" he pauses then looks up "And I've seen the movies, no splitting up with zombies around and no-one point out if it gets strangely quiet!"

He nods to himself and heads to the very North entrance to the offices to wait for everyone to prepare and gather.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »

"But it did get pretty quiet after the explosion." Jacob points out. With a shrug he follows him.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2016, 08:47:35 pm »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2016, 08:52:39 pm »

It seems that while the explosion has taken out a decent number of zombies, it has also knocked part of the hanger doors off the rails. Another throng of zombies pushing at it might actually manage to push their way in...

The three cars parked out front have also sustained damage from the blast.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2016, 09:17:35 pm »

Montoya peeks at the damage "Next time we make it go another few feet before exploding! Right, I say we nab the schoolbus or the pickup truck! The bus should have keys still in the ignition but is damaged, that parked pickup however looks undamaged but no keys." He thinks for a moment "shall we try and steal both then all jump on the one that gets going first, both if we get both running?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2016, 09:23:45 am »

"You seem to be in tune with their energy, instead of killing them is there a way you could shield us from their senses?"
Butch shakes his head.
"We don't need to kill them. We need to get into one of those trucks. Think someone could draw them out so we can get in a truck?"

"I can't . . . hide?. . . like that? 

I just know things. . . and change things. . ."  Cillian is still trying to work out what happened to the spirits.  Are they still here?

"I think maybe. . . if you want. . . maybe I can make them come to me?

"Like how someone made us come here."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2016, 10:03:34 am »

"I can't . . . hide?. . . like that? 

I just know things. . . and change things. . ."  Cillian is still trying to work out what happened to the spirits.  Are they still here?

"I think maybe. . . if you want. . . maybe I can make them come to me?

"Like how someone made us come here."

"Would it put you in significant danger? Or, would you be able to, I don't know, control them or at least make them recognize your power and let us get through the administration building?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2016, 10:21:50 am »

"Y'know, i've done plenty of things i'm not proud of. But nothing i could not live with." Jacob says. "Letting Cillian be bait.. thats not something i could do. A kid bait for living dead? Hell no."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2016, 10:32:49 am »

"Agreed." Butch says.

"Cill, are they attracted to anything aside from the living?" Butch asks. "If not, I'd be willing to do the run around to draw their attention."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2016, 11:33:21 am »

"Well I sits mean it like that, sounded better in my head. Of course I wouldn't want to put Cillian's life on the line like that. I meant it more as maybe he could be the pied piper from the old kids stories. As long as it wasn't dangerous, he seems to be connecting with them on levels we can't understand is all.. "

Sam lets his thoughts trail off, he didn't mean for it to seem like he wanted Cillian's as bait, but even if it wasn't dangerous he reckons that's how it would come off...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2016, 12:21:27 pm »

"If he can attract them to himself, why shoulden't he be able to attract them to one of us? I'd be willing to be bait... as long as i can set up a few surprises for them." He grins.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2016, 01:18:05 pm »

Still taking everything in with his lopan, Cillian realizes that the zombies are actually homing in on everyone's chi energy (like what he looks at when he reads someone's aura).

As the other zombies are effectively dead to each other, they jostle and bump into each other like they are blind, but do not attack themselves.

Cillian has to wonder if messing someone's aura up (with Discord maybe?) might confuse the zombies or present a less appealing chi signature to them...

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2016, 02:57:24 pm »

Cillian debates trying to explain chi energy to the rest of the group, then settles for "space wizard magic."

"I think. . . Maybe I can change things . . . so they don't notice you?"  He looks to the captain.
"Should I. . . try it on someone first?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2016, 03:15:48 pm »

"Excellent, I told everyone you would be a great addition to the crew, spacemagicis always useful." he poses dramatically "Ok test it on me first!"

He seems honestly excited to be a guinea pig

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2016, 03:49:28 pm »

"Oh captain my captain! You're so brave!"

Sam laughs quite a bit at this. "Better you than me boss, go right ahead..."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:57 pm »

"No. Do it on me." Jacob says, unwilling to let the captain be the teams guine pig.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2016, 04:21:58 pm »

Montoya seems to think as he looks out at the zombies for a few seconds "Ok, test it on Jacob first and if he doesn't get eaten I'm second!" he announces with a Heroic flourish and a grin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2016, 05:49:26 pm »

Crystal looks to Jacob - "if you die I promise to kill you", she offers.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »

"How thoughtful." He grins at her, then nods at Cillian. "Do it."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2016, 08:06:25 pm »

"Even if he dies. . . I don't know if a spirit will possess him?" Cillian offers, while casting Discord on Jacob.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up