Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Somebody Say Zombies?!?  (Read 109180 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Did Somebody Say Zombies?!?
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2016, 08:08:22 pm »

"I'll shoot him anyway, just to be safe", Crystal says with a grin, patting her weapon as it hangs at her side.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2016, 08:39:11 pm »

"Good. Better safe than sorry." He beams. "Besides, i dont think my skin would like being a walking dead." He jokes.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:05 pm »

While Gilbert was successfully coaxed out of his ship, he still is on the brink of having a breakdown. He eagerly watches the others discuss the best plan of attack, focusing all of his efforts on remaining calm.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »

"Good. Better safe than sorry." He beams. "Besides, i dont think my skin would like being a walking dead." He jokes.

"Hey, uh, well... if this goes south. It was an honor to know you. Would you mind if I write about this? Us junkets are keepers of the past, I feel like an action like this is heroic enough to warrant remembrance."
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2016, 10:26:29 pm »

"Ehm... sure... i guess." Jacob replies with a shrug.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2016, 07:17:10 am »

Cillian effectively muddles Jacob's aura with Discord, which Jacob feels palpably, as something distinctly 'off' about himself.

Jacob then goes to the window in the airlock to see if the Zombies are still interested in him.

They actually don't seem to notice his presence anymore - the rest of them beginning to gravitate back toward the now damaged hanger doors, where the rest of the crew has gathered to see what happens.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:19:15 am by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2016, 08:19:42 am »

Jacob will quickly make his way to the others. "It worked. The zeds dont seem interested in me at all." Jacob smiles.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2016, 12:30:25 pm »

Montoya helps his sword drawn just in case "Ok, Space magic us all and we head out to steal that pick-up truck!" Montoya peeks out "Let's lead them all away from the hanger doors first though.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2016, 09:17:24 am »

Montoya helps his sword drawn just in case "Ok, Space magic us all and we head out to steal that pick-up truck!" Montoya peeks out "Let's lead them all away from the hanger doors first though.

"I don't know Cap, I think we should clear that administration building, there are bound to be key cards, or weapons, or something beneficial in there. And shouldn't the guard post be there too? Weapons and armor and stuff could come in handy if we get deep in the mess later on. I mean ultimately I guess it's your decision but that seems a wise choice to me. Maybe one a couple of us could clear the building while a couple work on the truck?"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2016, 03:25:00 pm »

Cillian discords everyone else's aura before reluctantly affecting his own as well.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »

Crystal does whatever Montoya orders, and keeps a close eye out for any undue reactions from the living dead (as well as being ready to heal anyone who becomes dangerously wounded or exposed to radiation).

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2016, 09:07:43 pm »

Gilbert jiggles nervously as he feels his aura being tampered.

"We're not really going to go out there, are we? What if this stuff wears off? What if they attack anyway? What if the storms gets worse and the whole roof collapses on us?!" He says, constantly look at the damaged hanger door.

"I bet they sent me to here on purpose. I bet it was their plan at getting revenge on me..." He then adds quietly.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2016, 12:57:22 pm »

". Lets just get in the car, hotwire and get to that engine component." Butch says, heading out. No need to worry with the discord affecting him.

"Whatd you say Gil? Aside from the silly defeatism?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2016, 01:34:35 pm »

"Who's them?" Crystal asks, casting a suspicious look towards Gilbert.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »

"Who's them?" Crystal asks, casting a suspicious look towards Gilbert.

Gilbert immediately tenses up and looks at Crystal.

"They're, uh, the uh... secret society! Yeah, right Montoya? The secret society somehow brought us here as a plot to get revenge on all of us. Because that's the only explanation as to why everything is going so bad, and they're the only group of people that are interested in harming us..."

". Lets just get in the car, hotwire and get to that engine component." Butch says, heading out. No need to worry with the discord affecting him.

"Whatd you say Gil? Aside from the silly defeatism?"

"Can the device fit in the car?" He asks, calming down a bit now that his mind is focused on something other than zombies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2016, 02:38:01 pm »

The vending machines are moved and everyone heads through the door into the Administration Building. There, they find that the zombies are very easy to take out unawares (one can simply walk up to them, point a gun at their head and pull the trigger).

It's a nasty business clearing the Administration Building this way however, as the zombies are absolutely wretched-looking up close and personal. One can see (and actually hear!) their skin sizzling in the radiation!

It doesn't help anything either, that their melted out eyeballs drip from their sockets and they all look as if in the throes of abject agony and pain!

As the team does the dirty work to secure their perimeter, Butch heads out to try to hotwire the truck. When he get inside, he sees that it is the Administration Building's security vehicle.

Samuel meanwhile, takes the zombie out in the guard post and notes that it happens to be the guard on duty. He has the keys to the truck on him.

There are no weapons or anything else of use in the guard post however, and the rest of the Administration Building proves equally unfruitful.

---

Butch Larceny 12 1d20 : 10, total 10

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2016, 02:39:13 pm »

Butch manages to hotwire the truck. As it starts up, the zombies abruptly seem interested in it for some reason and begin shambling slowly toward it...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2016, 02:44:17 pm »

Montoya watches the zombies move as he responds to Gil's rambling "I did not want to worry everyone prematurely but only the secret society have the resources and evil to pull off somthing on this scale. And our engine just blowing up right there and then is too much of a co-incidence. They are trying to silence us and probably testing our their new weapon at the same time!"

He poses then concentrates for a second "They are heading for the truck Butch just started, they are attracted to it for some reason, might be safer of foot if they move on it too quickly."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2016, 02:47:20 pm »

"Fark. Guys! Get in the damn truck!" Butch shouts, gearing up to go zombie joyriding.

wonder what music this guy has...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2016, 02:48:50 pm »

Butch notices that the truck seems to sputter and cough a bit and requires pumping the gas to keep running. It may not be getting enough air, due to the thin toxic atmosphere...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2016, 02:49:22 pm »

Crystal winces and averts her gaze from the mass of zombies outside. She leans back against a wall and sighs in discontent - the men made her think back to the guards she'd seen burned alive by that boy so many years ago.

I don't even remember his name. Just his little burnt body being carried away...

Butch's shout focuses her thoughts away from the flashbacks - you can bitch about the past later Crystal.

"What's happening Butch?!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2016, 02:51:34 pm »

"Radiated buggers are converging, and this car sucks gas as much as those luxury cars without any o' luxury. Get over here!"

"And Montoya, no dramatic posing!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:04 pm »

Crystal dashes out of the building and will (if it's free of the zombies) leap into the back of the pickup, training her assault rifle on the nearby dead to shoot if they get too close.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:24 pm »

Gilbert tries to keep as much distance between himself and the zombies as possible. He can't help but think that he could end up like that at any moment...

Not willing to leave the safety of his hover-round, he instead decides to simply hover a few feet above the truck with it.

"That truck doesn't sound so great... I'll just be up here if you guys need me."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:55:53 pm by killa_robot »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2016, 03:09:24 pm »

Montoya dramatically leaps aboard. "Let's get moving! You'd think there was a better vehicle than this though, maybe put a Brock on the accelerator and have the zombies chase it down the road while.we find somthing nicer?" he calls into the cab

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »

"And away we go" Jacob says as he runs to truck.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2016, 03:12:16 pm »

Montoya dramatically leaps aboard. "Let's get moving! You'd think there was a better vehicle than this though, maybe put a Brock on the accelerator and have the zombies chase it down the road while.we find somthing nicer?" he calls into the cab
"Gods I hope so. I feel sick driving ths lunk of junk."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2016, 03:18:32 pm »

Montoya calls out "Ok everyone, the second we see a better vehicle  we all bail and rig this on to drive on!"

Then he sits and watches the zombies like a kid in a candy store. Where the candy might eat you

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2016, 03:24:40 pm »

So many people, hurting so much. 
Your fault, your fault, they are suffering and it's all your fault.
You could help them and you're not. You could save them and you don't. 

Cillian takes off running, towards the strange feeling that might be a summons.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2016, 03:32:33 pm »

Cillian happens to be running in the direction the team needs to drive to get across town to the warehouse.

Butch pulls the truck out and it sputters and lurches. He gets it going, drives through the guard post gate, and through a bunch of zombies - which make a noise, going under the wheels, remarkably reminiscent of speed bumps.

Butch is doing about 15 miles an hour, the truck is sucking wind, and the zombies are definitely interested in it, crowding around closer and closer - meaning soon, they may swamp it, due to the piss-poor horsepower Butch is struggling to get out of the engine.

Cillian is up ahead. Fortunately the zombies seem to be ignoring him still.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2016, 03:43:20 pm »

Not wanting to lose the boy wonder, Gilbert speeds ahead and hovers over Cillian instead.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2016, 03:47:06 pm »

Sam rushes out of the building in time to see the gang loading up the truck
"Going somewhere?" He says as he sprints for the vehicle. "I found the keys on a guard" He shouts through his sprint
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:48:54 pm by Aeon_spiral »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2016, 03:56:36 pm »

Samuel sees that there are too many zombies bunched up behind the truck to easily get through...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2016, 03:57:38 pm »

Samuel sees that there are too many zombies bunched up behind the truck to easily get through...

Sam will stay behind the hoard and wait for a clearing where he can break away from the pack and follow at a safe distance

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »

Crystal calls out - "Hey Cil, you'll be moving faster on this truck than on foot!"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2016, 04:39:46 pm »

Cillian hears Crystal, but keeps running. 

They won't listen to him.  They'll go get their part to fix the ship, then leave all these people to melt forever while they see how much stuff they can steal.

He can't do anything about Gilbert, so for now he just ignores him.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2016, 04:43:58 pm »

Seeing that Cillian appears to be dead set on continuing to run mindlessly off into a ridiculously dangerous area alone, Crystal gets off the truck and takes off after him herself.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2016, 08:59:48 pm »

Montoya assesses the situation "Ok, Butch rig it up to keep running with somthing on the peddle and bail out! We are moving by foot!"

He then heroically leaps clear and runs to catch up with Cillian, the kid can't run fast anyway...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »

Butch shrugs.
"As long as I can get off this shitvan." Butch says, playing around with the rigging of the truck.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2016, 03:00:21 pm »

Butch is able to rig the accelerator and everyone jumps out of the truck.

The disgusting zombies file past, as the truck plods along another hundred feet or so, and runs into the side of a building. With its engine still sputtering, the zombie horde surrounds it, as if waiting for it to do something (which it obviously doesn’t, of course).

It’s a mile and a half walk to the parts warehouse from where the crew abandons the truck; and takes roughly thirty minutes to get there. The streets all around are crawling with the dead, but Cillian’s alterations to everyone’s aura holds; and the zombies fail to notice the team’s passing.

Cillian continues following the strange feng-shui tug, that seems to be going in the same direction as the parts warehouse. This is confirmed, when the warehouse comes into view and the vector Cillian is following leads right into (or through) it.

The warehouse itself is to the right side of an adjoining administration building.  Over a hundred zombies mill about the parking lot in front of the area, blocking any easy access to the buildings, while three cargo transports (semi-trailer trucks) are backed to loading bays on the front side of the warehouse. The metal doors of each loading bay are currently closed however, in addition to being blocked by the trailers.

The zombies seem to gravitate more along the walls outside the warehouse itself than anywhere else…

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »

"Well, Damn."

Sam looks around at the horrific sight.

"Maybe we should just punch a hole through this admin building. I've got termites with me. It's gotta be easier than trying to wade through all that..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »

Butch shakes his head.
"They wanna get in. Opening a hole would be bad."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2016, 03:13:30 pm »

"Think we can start a couple of those cars? Maybe draw them away from the doors so we can get in and lock it up behind us. Maybe we'll find whatever is driving them nuts inside and stop it."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2016, 03:46:49 pm »

Montoya nods "It might work, also worth seeing if there is a way in from the roof!"

Montoya checks out if he could get to the roof from another building, a ladder or from on top of a loading Bay truck. He even assesses for Gil giving him a ride and floating above the trucks/other buildings for extra height.

Seeing that getting on the roof is possible he heads for the trucks to climb up "I'm heading for the roof to see if there is a way in. If there is I'll signal from the room then get inside and open the middle loading Bay door for everyone! While outside why not move the two side trucks to form a triangle against the middle one then drive the middle one forward a little. That way we have a safer area in the middle and can get away on the middle truck after!"

Happy with his ideas he goes and climbs up to the roof.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:46:24 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2016, 03:50:05 pm »

With a grimace Crystal says - "if they're hanging around here it might mean someone inside is still alive. Or that an engine's running, like how they were drawn to the truck. Either way, I'm thinking we should just clear them all out, if we have enough bullets."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »

"We could set some of the car alarms off, then use bombs to blow them up once they all gather around", Gilbert suggests.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »

"Thought we were over killing them?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2016, 05:09:53 pm »

While everyone else is occupied discussing their entrance strategy, Cillian continues following the lopan's guidance: through the horde towards the front door.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2016, 05:33:00 pm »

Captain Montoya makes his way through the zombies and climbs up one of the trucks. After some effort, he manages to get atop the trailer and heads to the roof. There he spots a trapdoor on the east side (that would drop down into the hallway east of the warehouse).

Cillian slips through the zombies and into the Administration Building. His small size makes it easy to move through the shuffling horde and he finds himself standing in front of the door that leads to the warehouse. What will he find on the other side? His lopan indicates a focus of weirdness beyond.

The rest of the team stands around near the cars indecisively...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2016, 05:36:12 pm »

"guess it's time to make a move player." Sam decides to try the front doors of the office. Cautiously avoiding bumping into any of the zombies on his way

He'll make sure Cillian is okay inside then he will explore around for a minute, maybe he can find some keys in the building for the big trucks out there...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:44:59 pm by Aeon_spiral »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up