Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So i quit tobacco  (Read 6378 times)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
So i quit tobacco
« on: February 26, 2016, 12:01:15 pm »

And join the world of vaping.

Ive been smoking and chewing on and off since I was 11. I've rolled my own tobacco leaves and still have about 4-5k worth of fine cigars. For the last 3 years ive been strictly chewing so this has been an interesting ordeal to say the least. I've lowered my nicotine intake considerably but I remember the first time i quit (cold turkey mind you) The withdraws suuuuucked. I am hoping this time around I can kick it for good.

this all came about after last summer and the whole stomach cancer ordeal. Not something I'd wish to repeat. I remember lying in the hospital bed with a nicotine patch on and having my dip that I snuck in laying beside me. I wouldn't wish any form of addiction onto anyone, and if anyone else is trying to improve themselves you have my support.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
Re: So i quit tobacco
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 01:51:52 pm »

Good luck man, kicking it is hard. I was on the patch for 5 days before I caved and started smoking again cause my gf wouldn't quit with me, so I know the pain. Hope you're able to kick it for good.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:33:08 pm »

Good luck man, kicking it is hard. I was on the patch for 5 days before I caved and started smoking again cause my gf wouldn't quit with me, so I know the pain. Hope you're able to kick it for good.

Thanks man, I'm trying my best. My gums are finally feeling normal (nerves  getting used to not receiving nicotine) they don't feel like my teeth are falling out.

Still getting used to smoking the cape though. With chew, it's a constant supply, this way I'm only getting it in spurts. So it's a balancing act.

As pathetic as this all sounds, I'm proud that I've willed myself to this.point
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 11:32:17 am »

Definitely a good decision. Hope you stick with it. Its actually a major problem here in Is, lots of anericans and english who never smoked get it really easy so a lot of my friends got addicted here. Really bad stuff, had to actually move since theyd smoke in the rooms

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 12:27:22 pm »

Nothing worse than smoking inside. It ruins everything. And that stake smoke smell is ughhh

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 08:12:09 am »

Good luck.

You should be proud.  Some people don't make it past the first day.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 08:56:24 am »

I made it a week. >.>
Pages: [1]   Go Up