Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New music by me  (Read 6058 times)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
New music by me
« on: March 06, 2016, 05:06:32 pm »

Listen to Stress by Michael Ryan LeValley #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/michael-ryan-levalley/stress

If you wouldn't mind giving me some feedback on this very rough draft is appreciate any compliment or critique you may have.

Thank you for the listen :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:55:16 pm by BerkaZerka »
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile
Re: New music by me
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:53:01 pm »

I've only listened to the first song on there, "Stress", so far, but I liked it. I thought the opening was kind of sloppy, but it started, picking up steam after and finished strong.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 07:37:06 pm »

I've only listened to the first song on there, "Stress", so far, but I liked it. I thought the opening was kind of sloppy, but it started, picking up steam after and finished strong.

Yeah stress is the one I linked. I recorded it on my kindle in one take this afternoon.

It's a rough draft, but I felt comfortable enough to share it.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 09:00:55 pm »

Not bad. I think it shows that you have a real potential for this sort of thing, if it's something you can dedicate enough of yourself to polish.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 09:07:41 pm »

Not bad. I think it shows that you have a real potential for this sort of thing, if it's something you can dedicate enough of yourself to polish.

Thanks BZ.

I wanted to share this because Guitar isn't even my 1st or 2nd instrument. I'm a drummer so feeling confident enough in guitar to share it publicly is a big step for me.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Arthesul

• BHB Titan
  • Professional
  • Flying bears, now THAT'S a scary thought!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 09:36:59 pm »

I love the steely sound of the guitar, man. Shit was sick.

I agree with Playa about the beginning, the riff was great, but it was kinda off because sometimes you would hold the note at a particular point or stop it for the same amount of time and go over to the next part indifferently.
Shitty shitters shit shitty shits shittily shitting shittier shits.
See? Fark isn't the only word you can make a sentence out of!

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »

I love the steely sound of the guitar, man. Shit was sick.

I agree with Playa about the beginning, the riff was great, but it was kinda off because sometimes you would hold the note at a particular point or stop it for the same amount of time and go over to the next part indifferently.

That steely sound is from a sweet 12at7 tube in my preamp. I've fallen in love with that tube I switched out the stock tubes in my bass rig with the same tube. It's a seriously sick tube man.

Yeah I wrote the song today 5 minutes before I did the recording of it. The recording of it was done using my Kindle HDX built in mics so, sorry about the quality of the recording.

I know some parts are a little sloppy, 1.) That's me being a noob at guitar, 2.) Well I just came up with the song and I'm still discovering what I want to do with it. 3.) Perfect Practice makes perfect.

Ill nail it down and in a few days ill run it through pro tools and get a decent recording of it in with a proper solo. The solo in the song now at best is a place holder to signal where I want the solo at. So please don't discredit my playing based on that haha!

Regardless, thank you all so far for the feedback. I'm not one that takes offense easily, I'm a musician we're used to being overly criticised. The things we think are great are usually Crap and the things we think suck people seem to like. Lol it's a vicious cycle.

But seriously, thanks for taking the time to listen :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up