Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So....  (Read 7603 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
So....
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:21:09 pm »

The area around my diaphragm/right under the ribcage/left abdomen is periodically fluttering/twitching/spasming painlessly, and i'm kinda weirded out? Anyone know what that's about? I'm just super confused and all I get when I look it up is basically just more confusion.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: So....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 04:30:14 pm »

Plz dont die drak.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:50:17 pm »

i get something like that sometimes. Don't know what it is, but doesn't seem to be deadly.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 05:00:07 pm »

Is it the spasm that worries you or where it is?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 05:57:19 pm »

Obviously wwwaaayyy too little info to suggest much however you seem to be saying Upper left Quadrant 'fluttering/Spasming' with no associated pain.

First two things that come to mind are diaphragmatic irritation, which is often blamed for hicups and symptoms like yours. Just like with hicups it usually passes and causes no trouble at all.

Are you under a lot more stress than normal with your huge recent workload? Cos it could also be a form of nervous twitch caused by stress, most people get the fluttering in other muscles when highly tired or stressed like above the eye or 'in the stomach' but diaphragm is well within normal ranges too.

As I said though those may as well just be guesses. The only things in that area are Stomach, diaphragm, spleen and splendid flexure. The only ones of those capable of a fluttering sensation would be muscles around the stomach and the diaphragm.

Overall might seem wierd but doesn't sound overly bad, only worry if it keeps happening over several days.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »

Is it the spasm that worries you or where it is?

Just the spasms.

Obviously wwwaaayyy too little info to suggest much however you seem to be saying Upper left Quadrant 'fluttering/Spasming' with no associated pain.

First two things that come to mind are diaphragmatic irritation, which is often blamed for hicups and symptoms like yours. Just like with hicups it usually passes and causes no trouble at all.

Are you under a lot more stress than normal with your huge recent workload? Cos it could also be a form of nervous twitch caused by stress, most people get the fluttering in other muscles when highly tired or stressed like above the eye or 'in the stomach' but diaphragm is well within normal ranges too.

As I said though those may as well just be guesses. The only things in that area are Stomach, diaphragm, spleen and splendid flexure. The only ones of those capable of a fluttering sensation would be muscles around the stomach and the diaphragm.

Overall might seem wierd but doesn't sound overly bad, only worry if it keeps happening over several days.

Yeah, that's basically it. Wasn't really sure how to describe it, haha. It's stopped for the past two hours so I guess it wasn't anything serious.

I have been very stressed lately, makes sense.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 06:24:34 pm »

Stress does wierd things, when I get overly tired or stressed my eyebrow does the whole fluttering thing and looks pretty funny. Once that happens I know it's time for a day off lol

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 06:39:10 pm »

Dr.Forge has spoken. You can be relieved now.

He'll take his fee in the standard format whenever you get the chance.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 09:34:03 pm »

Phew! I was going to guess heartworms, so I suppose stress would be preferable haha!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »

Dr.Forge has spoken. You can be relieved now.

He'll take his fee in the standard format whenever you get the chance.

So, a vampire update? Sounds good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up