Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A longer story than it needed to be  (Read 5619 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
A longer story than it needed to be
« on: April 19, 2016, 03:42:51 pm »

So:  I'm at home, middle of the day, and there's a knock at the front door.

Now, where I live, anyone you'd want to talk to doesn't come to the front door.  If they know you at all, they'll come around back.  The "back" door is the main door to the house, and in my family, it's the only door that's actually used.  The doorbell didn't work when we moved in, and we've never fixed it.  In fact right now (since Xmas) there's a coffee table blocking the front door from even opening more than enough to turn a pizza box sideways and slide it through.

So I don't answer the front door.  I don't care who you are, if you're at the front door I'm not home.  But wife is on the couch where she can see out the window, and she says "hey I think it's the police?"

I climb over the coffee table and crack the door, and it's actually the same cop 911 sent a couple weeks ago to make sure I didn't die before the paramedics got there. (small towns are great!)

Anyway, he says . . . "Your neighbors didn't think you were home."   

???

First of all, if you didn't think we were home, why were you knocking?  Second, you didn't remember two weeks ago when you tried to come in the front door?  (Okay, maybe he thought that was a temporary thing.)

So he goes around back, where we can actually open the door and talk to him.  Which is super convenient, as it turns out the thing he wants to talk to us about is, in fact, over by the back door.

Officer Friendly has shot a sick skunk right next to our deck.
(Which means he was right by the back door and I still don't get why he didn't just knock there.)

And now his earlier statement makes a little more sense.  Apparently, he was explaining why he unlatched our fence gate and came into the yard and shot the skunk before coming to talk to us.

I still want to know who the hell called the police in the first place.  Neighbors say it wasn't them.
I mean really, that's how little actual crime/danger there is around here, that someone thought the appropriate response to a skunk in our yard was to sic the police on it?

Anyhow, he left it there.  Said it would ruin his squad car/ uniform if he touched it, but that after we let it air out overnight, it was okay to throw in the trash.

Really?  Are we sure it's safe to do that?  I mean, what do you mean it was "sick?"  Do you mean rabid?

Teal deer:
My whole backyard smells like dead skunk.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: A longer story than it needed to be
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:57:32 pm »

XD

yeah thats crazy. Generally we just ignore the skunks in the area, not call up to shoot them, ha ha.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »

I like your police, they are awesome :)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 09:12:49 pm »

Didn't anyone hear them shoot it?

Of course, with things being slow in the neighborhood, they probably were jumping at the opportunity to actually shoot something, haha!!

"So, 357 or 44 magnum?"

"Heck, it's been so long, better get the 50 cal!"

XD

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »

Shooting a small animal (that's possibly a biohazard) because you can, then calmly explaining to the residents they get to deal with the cleanup.

Only in Americaâ„¢.
Pages: [1]   Go Up