Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: cdrive1's character: John the Deprived  (Read 29380 times)

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
  • RIP City of Heroes: 2004-2012
    • View Profile
Re: cdrive1's character: John the Deprived
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2016, 09:56:13 am »

Honorable Accord has nothing to do with being a good person!  >:( It's only about keeping your word, as it makes you the worthier man. Vampires are imbued with a special responsibility by their sheer strength. Only one who has mastered the self has the right to hold onto it.
EXACTLY: Just because you are a man *or Vampire* of your word, doesn't mean you are a KIND soul, he follows his sire's orders to letter and spirit of said orders, and if he's doing some serious amounts of torture, he will stop if someone gives him what he needs to know.
As for humanity *which might well be lower* Think of it like this in a similar example from a different tabletop game: Honsou from WH40k is probably the most HUMANE and HUMAN of the Chaos Lords...And that makes his actions all the more horrific as he is doing them with full awareness and in spite of his very well noticed humanity.
"Heroes die, Heroism never shall." -Statue in King's Row
"Why are living weapons such ASSHOLES!?" -Roark

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2016, 10:56:00 am »

Now onto the topic of Merits and Flaws: To ask the storyteller if I could take the following.

Considering I have 15 Freebie Points and want enough to increase his stats just a little bit...
MENTAL MERITS: Code of Honor *COST 2 Points* Light Sleeper *COST: 2 Points*
PHYSICAL MERITS: Efficient Feeding *COST: 3 Points* Huge Size *COST: 4 points*
SUPERNATURAL MERITS: Lucky *COST: 3 Points* Antitoxin Blood *COST: 1 Point*

Now for Flaws to help sort that out more...
MENTAL FLAW: Vengeful *GAIN: 2 Points*
PHYSICAL FLAW: Vulnerability to Silver *GAIN: 2 Points*

That leaves me 5 points to spend. If approved that is...Which I will throw 4 points toward putting a point in Survival and Brawl. And that last remaining point toward Willpower.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:00 pm »

I think you'll find it a lot easier to fill out your character sheet if you just quote the character creation page and then post it here. I would also prefer that since that's the format i'll be posting on your final character page, and I would prefer not to have to enter everything in myself.

What is your code of honour?

Also, you have 15 freebie points worth of merits listed there, so you would only have 4 freebie points to spend.

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2016, 12:22:01 pm »

I think you'll find it a lot easier to fill out your character sheet if you just quote the character creation page and then post it here. I would also prefer that since that's the format i'll be posting on your final character page, and I would prefer not to have to enter everything in myself.

What is your code of honour?

Also, you have 15 freebie points worth of merits listed there, so you would only have 4 freebie points to spend.
Right, so subtract the Willpower, and as for the code of honor? He would never attack a mortal unless there was good cause behind it. *A wrongfully made Angry Mob attacking an innocent, A cult dedicated to the destruction of many mortals for the sake of anything but the Tzimise Viviodes and even then he'd ask if that is proper or if its an aberration. Etc.*

Also I will throw in the Sheet after it is finalized in quoting so as to give him something to work with. *Thank you Tabs :D*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:33:56 pm by cdrive1 »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »

No way. Deprived is so much more interesting! XD

How about the Derived?  ;D

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »

How about the Derived?  ;D

XD nah that'd be the Derivative.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2016, 08:45:45 pm »

CD, you really don't want to start with a 3 willpower. Most of us padded our sheets with 9-10 points of flaws. You dont have to, but its prolly help

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »

Yeah, a three willpower will mean that you'll spend most of the adventure fighting your coterie mates instead of helping them, haha

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »

Yeah, a three willpower will mean that you'll spend most of the adventure fighting your coterie mates instead of helping them, haha
Hrm...then perhaps this might help that out:

PHYSICAL FLAWS *Addendum*: Glowing Eyes *GAIN: 3 Points*
SOCIAL FLAWS *NEW*: Enemy *GAIN: 3 points*

Adding those 6 points to Willpower if approved, we'll hammer out the details of my enemy or enemies.

EDIT: I put down 7 instead of 6 originally because my maths skill is terrible, too bad THAT isn't a flaw for VtM...Its the proper number.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:49:13 pm by cdrive1 »

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2016, 03:37:34 pm »

NAME: Johnathan Melrowe Jacobim *AKA John the Deprived*
Player: cdrive1
Chronicle: Transylvanian Chronicles
Nature: Soldier
Sire: Edward Mordred *Who appreciates John*
Demeanor: Architect
Clan: Brujah
Generation: 8th *Sire was 7th Gen*
Concepts: Former Sellsword
Coterie: *What do I put here?*

Attributes:
Physical: Strength: 4  Dexterity: 2  Stamina: 3
Mental: Perception: 3  Intelligence: 2  Wits: 3
Social: Charisma: 2  Manipulation: 1  Appearance: 3

Abilities:
Talents: Alertness: 3  Brawl: 4  Dodge: 2  Athletics: 3  Empathy: 1
Skills: Etiquette: 3  Melee: 2  Survival: 2  Security: 2  Performance: 1
Knowledges: Investigation: 2  Law: 1  Medicine: 2

Disciplines: Potence *3*, Celerity *2*, Presence *1*

Virtues: Courage: 3  Conscience: 2  Self-Control: 5

Advantages:
Beneficial: Generation: 4 *Puts him at 8th*  Mentor: 2  Influence: 1
Adversarial:

Path: Path of Honorable Accord *7*
Permanent Willpower: 9
Temporary Willpower: *Should I leave this blank?*

Health: 10/10 *Or whatever the number is for him*

Blood Pool: 15 *8th Gen*
Points per Turn: 3 *See above*

Merits:
MENTAL MERITS: Code of Honor *COST 2 Points*  Light Sleeper *COST: 2 Points*
PHYSICAL MERITS: Efficient Feeding *COST: 3 Points*  Huge Size *COST: 4 points*
SUPERNATURAL MERITS: Lucky *COST: 3 Points*  Antitoxin Blood *COST: 1 Point*

Flaws:
MENTAL FLAW: Vengeful *GAIN: 2 Points*
PHYSICAL FLAWS: Vulnerability to Silver *GAIN: 2 Points* Glowing Eyes *GAIN: 3 Points*
SOCIAL FLAW: Enemy *GAIN: 3 Points*

Magic: *Leaving this, Combat, and Armor Blank as I assume the Storyteller will fill those out no trouble?*

Combat:

Armor:

Expanded Backgrounds: *Going to ask with DM to make sure things are approved.*

Here is the sheet: Is this approved Drak?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2016, 06:55:56 pm »

1: You only appointed 6 points to your primary attribute (Physical), you actually get 7.

2: In order to have any ability above 4, you have to raise it to 3 first and then spend freebie points on that ability to raise it further. So you cannot start with a brawl of 4, unless you spend 2 freebie points on the skill and alocate that extra Talent point elsewhere.

3: It's frankly not worth putting points into Mentor, because your sire will already be your mentor (since you've chosen to have a good relationship with him).

4: Light sleeper costs 3 points, not 2, and you should note that i've made a revision to vampire daytime rules - the daytime penalties only apply when the vampire is directly exposed to sunlight. Otherwise, there are no dice penalties and no rolls to stay awake during the day. Heldric started out with Light Sleeper but I let Forge change his merit after I made these revisions.

5: What kind of enemy are you thinking of getting?

6: Please specify all freebie point expenditures.

7: Finally, please, please put your information into a quoted version of the real character sheet, I made that sheet the way I did for the convenience of people making a vampire character and for the fact that it is a thousand times easier to work with than the plainer format you're using.

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:51 am »

1: You only appointed 6 points to your primary attribute (Physical), you actually get 7.

2: In order to have any ability above 4, you have to raise it to 3 first and then spend freebie points on that ability to raise it further. So you cannot start with a brawl of 4, unless you spend 2 freebie points on the skill and alocate that extra Talent point elsewhere.

3: It's frankly not worth putting points into Mentor, because your sire will already be your mentor (since you've chosen to have a good relationship with him).

4: Light sleeper costs 3 points, not 2, and you should note that i've made a revision to vampire daytime rules - the daytime penalties only apply when the vampire is directly exposed to sunlight. Otherwise, there are no dice penalties and no rolls to stay awake during the day. Heldric started out with Light Sleeper but I let Forge change his merit after I made these revisions.

5: What kind of enemy are you thinking of getting?

6: Please specify all freebie point expenditures.

7: Finally, please, please put your information into a quoted version of the real character sheet, I made that sheet the way I did for the convenience of people making a vampire character and for the fact that it is a thousand times easier to work with than the plainer format you're using.
Right: WOW this is complicated OK Answering a few questions as best I can:

So it seems I can only raise a set of points to 3 and cannot raise it above that with the ability points I have but with Freebie Points *Facepalm* Sorry about that, I'll change that accordingly. As for enemy *Given that I chose the 3 point version* It'd have to be equivalent *Since 5 would mean a Methuselah or something similar and 4 would probably mean an Elder or two* Probably an Elder, maybe the Childe of the vampire that nearly killed John and hates him because if he wasn't there to distract him, his Sire wouldn't have been killed by the one who became John's Sire. If I am wrong, go ahead and say so and we can continue trying to iron that out.

I'll edit that cost ACCORDINGLY for Light Sleeper *Sorry, was referencing THIS: http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/wod/vtm20/CreationMM.html *

I will tell where I put Freebie Points at the BOTTOM of the Sheet when I actually get THAT one done.

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2016, 12:20:10 pm »

Name: Johnathan Melrowe Jacobim *AKA: John the Deprived*

Player: cdrive1

Chronicle: Transylvanian Chronicles

Nature: Soldier

Sire: Edward Mordred

Demeanor: Architect

Clan: Brujah

Generation 8th

Concept: Former Sellsword

Coterie:

Attributes

Physical

Strength: 4; Dexterity: 2; Stamina: 4

Social

Charisma: 2; Manipulation: 1; Appearance: 3

Mental

Perception: 3; Intelligence: 2; Wits: 3

Abilities

Talents

Alertness: 3; Awareness; 1; Athletics: 3; Brawl: 4; Dodge: 2; Empathy: 2; Expression: 0; Intimidation: 0; Leadership: 0; Streetwise: 0; Subterfuge: 0

Skills

Animal Ken: 0; Crafts: 0; Riding/Drive: 0; Etiquette: 3; Firearms: 0; Melee: 2; Performance: 1; Security: 2; Stealth: 0; Survival: 2

Knowledge

Academics: 0; Politics: 0; Finance: 0; Investigation: 2; Linguistics: 0; Medicine: 2; Occult: 0; Science: 0; Law: 1

Disciplines

Potence *3* Celerity *2* Presence *1*

Virtues

Courage: 3

Conscience/Conviction: 2

Self-control/Instinct: 5

Advantages

Backgrounds

Beneficial

Allies: 1; Influence: 2; Mentor: XX; Resources: XX; Contacts: XX; Generation: 4; Herd: XX; Retainers: XX; Status: XX

Adversarial

(Leave this section of your character sheet blank. This part is here purely for my use. If you gain any enemies or adverse backgrounds during your in-game time, they will show up here.)

Humanity/Path: 7

WillPower

Permanent Willpower: 8

Temporary Willpower: XX

Health

Full; No penalty; 10/10

Blood pool

Points per turn: 3

Merits and Flaws

Merit: Code of Honor; Type: Mental; Cost: 2

Merit: Light Sleeper; Type: Mental; Cost: 3

Merit: Efficient Feeding; Type: Physical; Cost: 3

Merit: Huge Size; Type: Physical; Cost: 4

Merit: Lucky; Type: Supernatural; Cost: 3

Merit: Antitoxin Blood; Type: Supernatural; Cost: 1

Flaw: Vengeful; Type: Mental; Cost: 2

Flaw: Vulnerability to Silver; Type: Physical; Cost: 2

Flaw: Glowing Eyes; Type: Physical; Cost: 3

Flaw: Enemy; Type: Social; Cost: 3

Magic

Rituals

XX

Paths

Path of Honorable Accord

Derangements

XX

Languages

Combat

Weapon/Attack: Broadsword; Difficulty: -2; Damage: 3 Lethal; Lethal Range: XX Rate: XX Clip: XX Conceal: N
(More will be added as needed)

Armor
Class: Light; Rating: 3; Penalty: None
Expanded backgrounds
(Here you provide descriptions of your background)

Allies: He has only one ally from his days as a Sellsword, a Blacksmith who he currently retains the services of, John only knows him by his moniker: 'Merchant of Death' as he's the only one who would sell him weapons and torture devices *even ones with Exacting Specifications* without questions, being a Ghoul in the service of his Sire.

Contacts: XX

Influence: He knows to tread lightly and avoid angering people, his Sire is rather social in of itself and because of him maintaining appearances, he is seen as 'OK' to be around by those unaware of his rather horrible activities and how brutal he can be in a fight.

Herd: XX

Retainers: XX

Resources: XX

Other: His sire was 7th Generation, hence he is an 8th generation vampire as an end result.

Possessions

Gear (Carried):

A set of armor that is old but well cared for, a set of chainmail which promotes his highly mobile fighting style while giving adequate defense.

A broadsword with a flexible grip which allows him to wield it one handed, it comes at the cost of weight which reduces the power of slashes.

Equipment (Owned):

A good number of Gold Coins from his profession and from those he has slain, his reasoning for taking said gold being, 'They won't need it where they're going.'

A very humble home, being a simple man, he only asked that his home have a basement with sound cancelling charms so as to prevent screams from escaping the room. While he does have the simple items you would expect a peasant to have, he also owns 5 different torture devices that are well known, and 3 that are recent creations from his ally.

Vehicles: XX

Feeding grounds: XX

Blood bonds/Vinculi

Bound to: XX (Rating: XX)

Havens

Description: XX

History

His story till now: John was once a Sellsword, one of the most vicious to have ever walked the earth: Having a Penchant for cruelty would bring that idea to the forefront. However, he contrasts this heavily with a surprising amount of honor, taking orders without a complaint and twitch of rebellion and doing his job within the letter and spirit of said job. Until his last day as a living being...

He was hunting a man who had been a strange case: Having attacked villages and murdered all who were within, draining them of blood and leaving their withered corpses where they lay. He was hired to eliminate this threat and was told not to take his time with this one, the one thing he noted as he was sent, was that the gentleman in front of him seemed off. When he found the man, he was horrified as he was as pale as a corpse, his teeth dripping with fresh blood, and a set of wounds which were as fresh as the blood he drank, it was only through ducking that he wasn't killed in the first blow.

As the two fought, John had actually gotten some good wounds on the vampire, to the point where his target was forced to act quick, John had gone numb and only regained feeling when said target was forced off the neck, he felt lightheaded and weak. He saw his rescuer right there and then, who he would later know as Edward Mordred...In his lightheaded state, he drew his blade and got into a shaky battle position, almost certain to try and fight this unbeatable foe, when he spoke suddenly.

"Why would you fight a Vampire by yourself? You can barely stand and yet you seem to think yourself able to take me on when someone far weaker nearly killed you?" His rescuer had asked, curious as to the near suicidal nature of his actions, an answer that John wasn't expecting rolled from his mouth before he could stop it, something he had acknowledged at the same time as him realizing he had no true purpose, "The only thing a Misbegotten Sod like me deserves, a senseless death."

Of course, in his dazed state, he nearly fell over onto the floor as he said these words, and after a discussion, he was embraced. He 'Died' and became something new...something less, yet something more...From that point forward, he is now known as 'John the Deprived.'

Goals/Destiny: He wishes to create works that would last throughout the ages, though there is only one art he knows full well enough: Pain. He wishes to make new types and forms of pain as he believes a simple truth: Pain is Honesty in its purest form.

Why he is willing to join the cotterie (besides sire's request): To see more of the world, to find ideas for his work and spread his legacy of pain. To honor his Sire by making full use of his unlife.

Connection to other characters: XX

Description

Apparent Age: 32

Date of Birth: 1160

Death: 1192 by Vampirism

Hair: None *Used to be short black hair*

Eyes: Green

Race: White

Nationality: Spainish-English

Height: 6'10''

Weight: 300 pounds

Sex: Male

Physical description: A Bald man with an OK Appearance, something you would expect from a physically active 32 year old man, is never seen without his armor which has flecks of paint where a cross once was painted, a few tears and dents from battles he's been in, and a marking meant to signify that he works for the Tzimisce Vovoides. A good number of scars are also on said face and along his body.

EDIT: I added two points into my abilities *Spending the 4 remaining Freebie Points* *ALSO Edited Weapon and Armor description, had to match the details I mentioned, hence I lowered the sword's damage output to reflect the fact it has a flexible grip which allows it to be used with comparative ease. and made the armor chainmail.*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:12:58 pm by cdrive1 »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »

Alright, You have four freebie points left to spend. When you're done with that we can look through your backgrounds.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »

Also, your background could work well - the vampire you describe there would be one that had lost all of its humanity or other such path, becoming a wight (intelligent, feral vampire that exists only to kill and hunt). Another vampire would have hired you to kill the thing.

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 06:42:15 pm »

Also, your background could work well - the vampire you describe there would be one that had lost all of its humanity or other such path, becoming a wight (intelligent, feral vampire that exists only to kill and hunt). Another vampire would have hired you to kill the thing.

There we go.

ALSO: Here is the expenditure of Freebie Points

FREEBIE POINTS SPENT: 25/25

15 + 10 *what the 4 flaws add up to* = 25

25 - 16 *6 Merits* = 9 points left

1 extra Point in Brawl *putting it at 4* 7 Points left

1 extra point into Awareness *Putting it at 1* 5 Points left

5 to Willpower *Putting it at 8* 0 Freebie Points left.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »

Okay, statewisd you're covered, there are a few more details to iron out but I'll have to take care of that tomorrow

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »

Alright, I would like to once again point out that the spanish inquisition hasn't happened yet (it happens in about 300 years).

Also, you're extremely vague with the torture devices and such - care to be more specific?

Also, a suggestion: Psychological torture is significantly more impactful and interesting than the almost randomn physical torture that I feel you're going to be inflicting, in particular because of the character-focused nature of the game.

Also, your blacksmith: He would likely be one of your sire's ghouls. Because of the nature of your ally you can requisition armour and weaponry of any type and of the highest order available.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:12:33 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 05:48:57 pm »

Yeah, it means no.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2016, 05:30:31 pm »

Yeah, it means no.

What if you are a very tall vampire and Conceal in onside yourself. Like stab it down through the shoulder and into 1 leg. Sure you'd walk with a limp but no-one would suspect you had a concealed sword :)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2016, 05:41:05 pm »

Ah, but what about the hilt?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2016, 07:54:38 pm »

You could just wear mastercraft chainmail, which offers +3 armour against everything for no armour penalty >.>

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2016, 12:11:27 pm »

I want that >.>

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2016, 02:57:44 pm »

Okay, your character is complete. We will start Venetian nights today.

You will have been made prince of Temechburg (Berka might note that this was the city he was originally to be prince of). Please create a character thread in Vampire the Masquerade and make 5 empty posts in there.

Ooh, wait, actually, you have 64 experience to spend
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:59:24 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up