Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite meals/recipes holiday foods, methods, and all things Culinary  (Read 8094 times)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile

I am a huge fan of cooking. I've had many jobs in the food industry from Sous Chef, to short order line cook. i have a learned a lot about food, cooking, and health throughout the years and just wanted a place where we could share our thoughts on food, diets, cultural dishes, what have you.

Lately my family has been asking me to make a lot of two of my dishes:

1. My chicken sausage Florentine lasagna. I use fresh chicken sausage, gluten free lasagna noodles, a homemade Alfredo sauce, Roma tomatoes, Fresh (not frozen) baby spinach, Romano-Parmesan-Asagio-and Gruyere cheeses.

its really tasty, I usually cook the chicken sausage with some paprika, salt/pepper and just a little bit of rosemary and lemongrass (i take both out before adding the chicken to the lasagna as they're just for flavoring the sausage)

2. This one is my favorite dish. Curry shrimp stuffed poblanos.

curry the shrimp, add some lemon zest, saute in butter. meanwhile cut the top off of the poblano stuff it with a little bit of wild rice, chipotle cheese and th smallest dash of cayenne powder and stick it on the grill till there's marks, take it off and stuff it with the shrimp until full and then slice the top down till just before the end.

I usually serve this with grilled asparagus and a cauliflower whip. Its delicious.

what are some of your guy's favorite dishes?
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

King Playa

• Mob Boss
  • Fark 12
    • View Profile

First, I start off with microwavable pizza, then I put another on top of it, upside down. Cook it for 20 minutes, and voila, pizza sandwich.

Marijuana.
What do you call a black guy in the hood? A stereotype you racist bastard!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile

Damn Aeon, both those sound awesome!

I do not cook, but I do occasionally eat. ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:51:02 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile

Marijuana.

It's the beer goggles of food!  :D

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile

First, I start off with microwavable pizza, then I put another on top of it, upside down. Cook it for 20 minutes, and voila, pizza sandwich.

Marijuana.

Pizza sandwhich sounds amazeballs tbh
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile

It's the beer goggles of food!  :D

Hahahaha

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile

Wife & I cook. when we go out of town she likes to research/plan to visit restaurants.

Hmm. Cultural dishes? 

We've got the abomination my wife's grandma calls fudge.  (It's not fudge.  It's like eating a sugar packet with the texture of astronaut ice cream) her kids all love it & demand that it be at every holiday gathering.  I got picked to learn how to make it  because I'm the only person other than her children that will eat it.  Basically, you start with a fairly simple chocolate fudge recipe, then do absolutely everything the exact opposite of how you're actually supposed to make fudge: use a metal spoon, stir constantly, high heat.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile

IT'S ALIVE!!! haha!  ;D

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile

They made a movie about that right? The blob or some such

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile

Hmmm pizza sandwich, isn't that just a strange Calzone? Well it has sauce inside it so Stromboli... Neway still sounds nice.

The wife and I take turns cooking all sorts of stuff, I love making my own dough so made my own ravioli and Calzone recently.

My other big things are makingy own sauces and roasts. My wife is the baker and does awesome things with eggs. She is better at things like Asian food, paella or jambalaya (which she is making tonight!)

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile

I definitely do not farking bake.

I can do some amazing stuff in the kitchen but keep me away from pastries, cake, and pies.

I make my own hot sauces and BBQs. Ive actually been told i could market my hot sauces and may do just that at the local farmers market this year.

My BBQs are pretty good. I do a lot of mustard based BBQs as im not keen on the sticky ones. Though we do have a bee farm so ocassionaly ill make a honey based one.

mizal

• Outlaw
    • View Profile

I do a lot of crockpot cooking because I'm incredibly lazy.

Sometimes on the weekends I'll make big batches of chili and cornbread, or meatloaf, lasagna, enchilada casserole or whatever. In theory I love to experiment around but in practice that takes a lot of time and expensive ingredients so I stick to boring things, and mostly the aim is just to remove the necessity of cooking during the week.

I used to be able to make this amazing lemon meringue pie with a pecan shortbread crust I learned from my mom, but haven't done it in years because...well, effort and stuff. Meh.         

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile

Again. I wish i could bake.

I like well done pizzas for their crispness so i dont mind making those. And i make a rwally good bacon wrapped meatloaf.

But aside from that the oven is off limits to me lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up