Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sooo I just got an exertion headache the other day  (Read 4593 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Sooo I just got an exertion headache the other day
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:42:28 pm »

Oh my Farking God they hurt so much. It literally feels like a grenade going off at the base of my skull.

For reference, I've punched another human being in the face so hard that I shattered their face mask, their nose and my wrist in one fell swoop, laying them out on the ground before taking down a second football player and lightly strangling them (they had it coming, one of the bastards sucker punched me).

I then played with that broken wrist for another six months before seeing a doctor because "hey, my wrist has been hurting for half a year, maybe I should see someone"

I've had an entire football team pile up on me, mangling my leg so bad that when I got up my ankle had a literally Orange sized lump on it, and then walked off the field no problem.

I've been (hilariously) mauled by a wild boar.

I've been burned, cut, beaten, stabbed, bloodied, bruised, and beaten again, but nothing has ever hurt me as much as that damn headache did/has been doing.

It's what I get for not paying attention to all that crap about breathing properly during intense exercise. Turns out I have to stay away from high intensity excercise for about two months because of this now.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Sooo I just got an exertion headache the other day
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 03:58:07 pm »

Wild boar maulings aside, I've always found the best thing for those, aside from 800 to 1000 mg of Motrin is a couple large glasses of not too cold water.

Dehydration can really seize up your muscles and bring on a Hiroshima sized headache.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 04:52:54 pm »

Nah, I've been dehydrated before, and I was drinking plenty of water since I'd already done my cardio, but I was doing heavy-weight chest exercises with a lot of reps (50), by the time I got to the 45th I was really straining to continue and I was holding my breath instead of breathing in and out during the lifts. This was near the end of my routine and I tend to leave as little room for rest as possible between different exercises because less rest means more strenuous excercise, so I was already pretty tired and my blood pressure was sky-high. Holding my breath pushed it through the limit and it damaged the meninges of my brain (hence the exertion headache).

It also flares up during sexual activity (which is so not okay). Can't do anything about it but wait and reduce the intensity of my excercises for about two months.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:17:28 pm »

Ah, ye old aneurism bait eh? Well, glad it didn't do any worse then!

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »

It also flares up during sexual activity (which is so not okay). Can't do anything about it but wait and reduce the intensity of my excercises for about two months.
XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up