Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Transylvanian Chronicles OOC 2  (Read 250424 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Transylvanian Chronicles OOC 2
« Reply #650 on: June 08, 2018, 08:24:07 pm »

Sort of, from what I can tell the two final bosses actually scale with your level - with the pre-final being significantly weaker than you and the true final being 1-4 levels above you

Also I was a hella good doctor man until the end of chapter 6 and then I ate everyone with every clue unlocked (it took like 40 minutes of sitting through the kiling animations) and became a god.

Having 120 k+ exp to spend feels really really good by the way.

Thelma best character <3

But for real what killed it for me was the voice acting was legitimately awful, the combat was meh but I was expecting it to be. There were like, 3 good voice actors in that, and they all had so few lines. Elizabeth and the MC were terrible.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 28, 2018, 10:39:53 am »

While I work on the next chapter of Disciples, you should let me and D fight Barabus.

It has been a long time since D got his PC death fix LOL  ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 28, 2018, 11:06:01 am »

Uh

Uhhhhh

Man it’s been a little while since i’ve updated huh

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 28, 2018, 05:00:56 pm »

What year is it again

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 29, 2018, 03:13:50 pm »

Duh, it's obviously 2016

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 22, 2018, 10:34:34 am »

“This game will be going on hiatus for a few months”

*Three years later*

“Hey let’s start this back up”

I guess this is BZ’s way of subtly telling me it’s never too late to continue a game

Seriously though, I know that is a hundred times harder to start something back up compared to starting something new. It takes a huge effort just to try to go back through to see all the players and threads and can be too daunting. It took me a while to jump back into Disciples after that last break and I'm just now starting to feel like I know where I'm going with it again.

So, we super-love this setting of yours and especially our characters.

But maybe it's just too deep at this point to slog through the last bit of the current adventure.

That said, perhaps writing this one off and fast forwarding the game into the modern world might be an answer.

Kiril and Barabus could have escaped and we wonder where they are to this day. Both make excellent Antagonists, because everyone wants to kill them haha!

We caught the guy and proved our innocence and thus started the crusades and the formation of the Camarilla and Sabbat, etc.

We could have an XP party, build out our characters to god level aberrations, decide where they ended up - and retire them as Elders and Princes to play new Vamps - or keep up the super OP power-gaming in the new setting lol!

Anyway, whatever you do or don't do - this was the best fun I ever had playing Vampire the Masquerade by far!

8)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:36:30 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 22, 2018, 10:37:48 am »

Also, I blame you for the whole Vampony thing. We would not have been roped into it, if this Glorious Epic had still been going on at the time!  Our hunger was just too great. ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 22, 2018, 10:40:11 am »

The main problem i'm having is just Seth's disappearance. Kiril is an extremely intensive character to play and RP correctly given that he's also Husayn, has one of the most important/complex mortal characters (Barabus) as a servant, and is prince of one of the most important cities in the setting. His character also has a critical role to play with the Assamite faction.

And him leaving the game actually Farked me super hard because I also have to RP Kiril as well as everything else now, and if I don't then all the characters i've built and associated with him, especially Barabus, will fade into the background/out of the game altogether.

It's just so much to keep track of at this point, and i'm sure you guys noticed but it was getting to the point that each update was taking me 1-2+ hours, and that was AFTER I just started fudging rolls to make things cooler/less stressful to keep track of (which i'm also sure you all noticed)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 22, 2018, 10:47:42 am »

So what is the logical outcome of Kiril/Husayn prospering to the modern world? Can Kiril eventually become Husayn completely?

What does the demon in Barabus ultimately want? Would Kiril/Husayn eventually stop him if unchecked?

But yeah, the cast of participants in this was certainly on an epic scale.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 22, 2018, 10:55:17 am »

Honestly, I'd have to look through the setting notes again to really get all the details, but given Seth leaving I would just have his consciousness be subsumed entirely by Husayn after Husayn sees how weak and twisted Kiril was becoming. Something along the lines of "You aren't worthy of being Basilio's son"

Barabus stuff is too spoilery for me to reveal

Honestly I wouldn't even be all too opposed to continuing, I just wasn't sure if you guys would even want to given it's been a couple years since my last update and I would have to basically fudge the end of this chapter, basically retcon Kiril's participation by having Husayn take over and leave, and bring us up to the next one.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 22, 2018, 11:01:53 am »

I'll let the others speak for themselves, but HELL YES WE WANT TO CONTINUE!!!
(At your leisure of course)  8)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 22, 2018, 11:04:03 am »

That and Timeline-Wise for Disciples, I only got this and maybe one other adventure left in me for it (if I don't combine the two anyway) so...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 22, 2018, 11:13:23 am »

Ah, you mean you're not sure you're going to GM again after Disciples?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 22, 2018, 12:11:47 pm »

Not that I wouldn't GM again, just that I'd have run out of plot direction for Disciples at that point. I don't think I could ever not GM something as long as players are interested!  ;D

Though I do take a short break from it now and then.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 22, 2018, 06:45:40 pm »

Yeah, I mean I feel like not many of us are around, but Anton is always fun to play

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 22, 2018, 08:18:14 pm »

Yeah, I mean I feel like not many of us are around, but Anton is always fun to play

We are really only missing Sethaniel. Prince never really played to begin with and cdriver1 is in Steeple's belly haha!

Maybe Killa would join - or another from CYS if needed.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 22, 2018, 08:42:18 pm »

Well, it was always really BZ, Forge, Aman and Daed who were the core four of the playthrough, though I don't know if D is around anymore. but unlike Seth D will have left me with two really good NPCs to make use of with Saladin being pretty awesome while not being too important to the story, and Lucius being absolutely ridiculously insane and an awesome way to personify Kupala

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 22, 2018, 09:04:45 pm »

D always made the funniest nteams LMFAO

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 22, 2018, 10:18:53 pm »

We could have an XP party, build out our characters to god level aberrations, decide where they ended up - and retire them as Elders and Princes to play new Vamps - or keep up the super OP power-gaming in the new setting lol
I actually like the idea of having us just decide what happened in the next 50-100years, and then starting new Childer with the backstory set up. I feel like that's a lot easier for you drak and also a lot of fun where we're playing VtM but BHB-VtM, with our crazy characters being tied to the metaplot.

Both work for me.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 23, 2018, 12:37:00 am »

Could just say... I killed all the problem chars off for you (Gaining all the useful XP)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 25, 2018, 10:19:01 am »

Man, a little over halfway through re-reading chapter one, I think my favourite moment remains Lucien asking a farmer for a lady of the night and being offered a female pig

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 25, 2018, 02:56:22 pm »

Close contender: one of the sidequests, D says he and Ennius would alter someone’s memories, Kiril asks if he could even do that, Ennius in the background shaking his head no

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 25, 2018, 03:47:04 pm »

Man I honestly forgot just how much stuff we did, those sidequests ran us an entire year

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 25, 2018, 04:45:44 pm »

Yep, some truly epic stuff!

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 05, 2018, 04:55:04 pm »

I'll let the others speak for themselves, but HELL YES WE WANT TO CONTINUE!!!
(At your leisure of course)  8)
So i was just thinking i miss RP'ing, logged in and saw this. I'm going to hafto say yes to this.  ::)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2018, 08:55:02 pm »

Oh man, just started re-reading chapter 2 and got to C-drive "Welcome to Tremechburg. A city under my control through my benefactors" And lost my shit. I completely forgot he did that.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 06, 2018, 12:27:15 am »

That ppennong text was really good hahaha.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 06, 2018, 03:47:59 pm »

So, I just finished re reading chapter 2 and the 8 chapter 2 associated threads. Got a pretty good idea of where we were. I might start to update this today, when I get home in about an hour, or more likely later tonight, after we talk a bit about the game.

So right now, reference desk is down. Rp portal was also taken down. There are a number of sites outside of those two but none of them are nearly as good as either of them were.

I have most of the books in either physical or pdf format but the problem is that looking powers up from individual books is a massive pain in the ass, as there are many variations of each ability, and there are many different options for discipline powers at 6 and up.

From now on I think any level ups will, until I can find another quality discipline list, will have to be you guys going out and searching for vampire powers, or asking me if something might be possible.

Also, I can just barely handle how long it takes to update character sheets and roll out large encounters. I’m considering just more or less deciding the majority of fights by averages or by ear, or by rule of cool - keeping in mind that I have been doing this for quite a bit of what has already been done and written, the exception being any conflict that might erupt between player characters and perhaps some special fights (for example if you guys fight an oncredibly important preplanned character like Gauthier). I trust each of you quite a bit of players and don’t believe that you would screw things up, and I trust that you guys also trust me to write as fun of a story as I can while operating under those rules. Re-reading the massive, almost novel length adventure that we’ve written together makes me certain that we can continue doing so under that format, if you guys are willing to do so.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 06, 2018, 05:16:30 pm »

woooooooooooooooooot

I was worried that once desciples ends we're gonna disperse so sweet

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 06, 2018, 05:22:17 pm »

I have this site on an rss feed i’ll see whenever anything gets posted here and read it

Also i’ve been rping with you guys for a third of my life no chance in hell i’d ever forget about you regardless of if we had a game going on or not

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 06, 2018, 06:36:00 pm »

Yeah, it's amazing how long we've been at this and including the old days on CYS haha!

I here as long as you guys for sure!

Also - one of these days, we all need to get together face-to-face somewhere for a weekend of real gaming. One of the coolest things I ever did was host 'Cabin Con' for my old gaming group. We spent the weekend in a super remote cabin (fireplace and everything) and played a crap-ton od both board games and RPGs. The only downside was the outhouse and the fact it was the middle of January haha!  ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 06, 2018, 06:43:19 pm »

<3 <3

But yeah are you guys okay with my proposition?

Because I know we've had some pretty bad experiences in the past with freestyle roleplaying and I know what i'm proposing comes a little dangerously close to that

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 06, 2018, 06:50:27 pm »

I'm good.

Incidentally, I'm currently reading the new Vampire The Masquerade V5 edition. I love that they brought back all the original backstory (Requiem was so farking lame haha!).

They use a mechanic called Take Half, where rather than rolling for the unimportant stuff or against mooks, you can just count your pool and assume you rolled half that many successes.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 06, 2018, 06:53:49 pm »

Hey, yeah, that's a pretty good choice, I like that

I was just going to run it through the super simple formula I have to calculate your average number of successes depending on difficulty but i'm fine with that too.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 06, 2018, 07:57:02 pm »

I'm totally happy with the plan as we are all experianced enough not to mess it up too badly lol

As for a cabin con, could be fun. Though if there are ever 0 games on here I'd run somthing again now I'm much more experiamced and have... well buttloads of materials.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 06, 2018, 08:01:22 pm »

What do you think you'd run?

I'd be down for some DnD if that's what you've got the material for, i've never actually played a DnD game but i've always been a big fan of it (and as you can see in the other thread I posted I Farking love kingmaker).

Or would you be willing to put yourself through the horror of a Final War Sequel where I demolish Aman and only Aman because no one else would play? XD

Also i'm actually really happy where I left off. If i'd stopped at a point where all of you were still in your 9 separate threads I would have probably just given up, but after reading through everything you guys are all together right now for the first time in the last couple hundred posts of vampire
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:03:49 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 06, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »

I have this site on an rss feed i’ll see whenever anything gets posted here and read it

Also i’ve been rping with you guys for a third of my life no chance in hell i’d ever forget about you regardless of if we had a game going on or not
Yeah it's kinda Farked lmao hahaha. So much stupid shit passed through these golden Hall's. Going back over the stupid fights I got on back on Cy's is one of my brother and I's best stress relivers.

would you be willing to put yourself through the horror of a Final War Sequel where I demolish Aman and only Aman because no one else would play? XD

Shogi was the greatest waste of time/distraction ever FYI.

Cabincon would be hilarious. Though jury's still out on if any of you are murderers. We've had 1 of all internet horror stories except that one.

@draks idea: Anton immediately freeforms into a godl transexual lesbian Buddhist samurai cyborg. In honor of the tavern

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 07, 2018, 12:09:51 pm »

Hey, yeah, that's a pretty good choice, I like that

I was just going to run it through the super simple formula I have to calculate your average number of successes depending on difficulty but i'm fine with that too.

I got a mechanic I used for Mass D&D battles, that could add a depth of chance while still keeping things quick and easy.

Use the Take Half option, but add a single d6.

If it's 2-5 no effect

A 6 means Extra Successes; while a 1 is Reduced Successes or botch when dramatically expedient.

This way, there is a small chance of success when opposed by a superior dice pool.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2018, 05:17:28 pm »

Cabincon would be hilarious. Though jury's still out on if any of you are murderers. We've had 1 of all internet horror stories except that one.

Lady Z & I are too old to be killers (unless we are the highly successful type who have never been caught  ;)) and anyone can see our real selves on EliteTSD.Com.

You have met Drak face-to-face and lived to tell the tale, so at least we know he won't chop up his gaming buddies and stick them in the freezer.

Forge is a Medical Professional, so we can totally trust him, even if he brings his bag of scalpels, bone saws, and other medical implements with him to cabin con.

That jus leaves Killa, who is obviously the serial killer among us, because he has been to the Philippines and has the word "Killa" in his username in a reverse phycology way of trying to throw off suspicion.

;D

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 07, 2018, 06:24:58 pm »

Yup, totally trust the guy with access to a ridiculous amount of lethal drugs and equipment every day :)

As for what I would run... I'd start with a short DnD 5e mini-adventure. I own most of the materials up to date in hard copy but I also own everything on fantasy grounds which is an online tabletop game which, If I get you all on free accounts, you could all access so you could make any build on it for the game. Or just find the info online.

then you could just use the materials and I could run it on here like normal.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 07, 2018, 06:35:22 pm »

Yup, totally trust the guy with access to a ridiculous amount of lethal drugs and equipment every day :)

As for what I would run... I'd start with a short DnD 5e mini-adventure. I own most of the materials up to date in hard copy but I also own everything on fantasy grounds which is an online tabletop game which, If I get you all on free accounts, you could all access so you could make any build on it for the game. Or just find the info online.

then you could just use the materials and I could run it on here like normal.

Would you run a module or something custom?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2018, 07:04:21 pm »

Custom. For the current games I run I do 1 module and 1 homebrew adventure set in the Sword Coast world setting and both I and the players think the homebrew is more fun since I can weave in backstory arcs to the main plot etc.

Ours would be more stand alone, I'd prob plan for a Shortish adventure first then continue it if people enjoyed it enough and there was enough interest in doing so.

On a related note... I passed my further qualifications stuff with flying colors so that's 1 less stress gone

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »

Congrats that's awesome! What are you qualified for now?

Running custom stuff blows my mind. There's so much work that has to go into it. I don't know that I would have ever run vampire if I didn't have the transylvania by night modules to give me a setting and background.

Though I guess I ended up editing the plot in a bunch of places anyway (God the ending for the OG chronicles sucks ass).

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 07, 2018, 07:51:03 pm »

Further CT stuff just but it's good on my resume and opens new job possibilities.

I found I just love doing the world building. I started with the basic forgotten realms stuff... then massively changed most of it including but not limited to: Hostory and it's mayor events, some cities and most towns and villages, famous people. Some minor things on how magic works. gods and religion in general as well as specifics about why and how they can interact with mortals. Lichdom I changed loads esp process etc. Several other realms, esp. the fae realm and the abyss.

I just started and found I loved doing it so kept going lol

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 08, 2018, 05:44:33 pm »

Congrats Forge!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 11, 2018, 09:20:50 am »

Robor nods, assuming that the invisible force is Heldric. He draws his nightshades into words.

NOT HERE. OUTSIDE. He writes in the coiterie's common tongue, and summons his black wings. He'll head out the window, hoping to spot anything moving.

Rip Anton, you were forgotten because Aman didn’t play you for nearly three years

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 11, 2018, 10:35:34 am »

Hahahahahaha

At first I was certain that you were wrong and that he has wings so he won't die, then I noticed Robor hahahaha

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 12, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »

So, Aman, I remember for sure that I let you buy the custom ritual I made that gives you wings, but I just noticed that you don't have any of the other Abyss Mysticism rituals on your character sheet. I know you have the level 2 one that lets you summon living shadow (Heart-That-Beats-In-Silence), you don't have anything else do you?

You can find the rituals here: http://cityofangels.wikidot.com/abyss-mysticism

Though only up to 5

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 13, 2018, 12:25:28 pm »

Lady Z & I are too old to be killers (unless we are the highly successful type who have never been caught  ;)) and anyone can see our real selves on EliteTSD.Com.

You have met Drak face-to-face and lived to tell the tale, so at least we know he won't chop up his gaming buddies and stick them in the freezer.

Forge is a Medical Professional, so we can totally trust him, even if he brings his bag of scalpels, bone saws, and other medical implements with him to cabin con.

That jus leaves Killa, who is obviously the serial killer among us, because he has been to the Philippines and has the word "Killa" in his username in a reverse phycology way of trying to throw off suspicion.

;D
:(

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 13, 2018, 12:40:55 pm »

I dont even get a honourable mention, huh >:(
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up