Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The airlock's doors slide open. . .  (Read 14408 times)

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
The airlock's doors slide open. . .
« on: February 02, 2009, 08:50:52 pm »

And in steps a fella who calls himself Theist. I'm sure that it's an assumed name, but whose isn't around these parts?
He has the air of a guy who's seen everything and done more, no doubt collecting a few of those scars on the way. His handshake is hard and fast, like the revolver strapped to his thigh. "Name's Theist," he says, "I'm just stopping by on my way back from a particularly nasty bounty hunt on Io. Got anything to drink in this rathole?" I call for the bartender, but he's already there. "Your usual, sir?" He must be a regular here, or well on his way to being one. Happy Harry doesn't call just anyone "Sir."  There's just no way that kind of courtesy develops out of the blue in a hole like this. You earn that. You earn it by being one of the best in the business, right up there with Spike Spiegel and Cold Rock Johnson. "How 'bout I get this round for you," I suggest, ". . .Theist, was it?" I'll have to watch you, yessiree.

Signatures are for egotists.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: The airlock's doors slide open. . .
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 11:22:39 pm »

The entrance of the weathered hunter had caught the attention of more than just the usual patrons that frequented this dive.  A well-dressed gentleman, as equally odd in a way as the stranger was mysterious, stood near the bar, his silver white hair standing almost with a life of its own.  For standing out so much though, he didn’t seem to be the focus of any particular attention, but just observed as the bartender poured out the drinks.  Ah, there may be something to that, he thought to himself as he overheard the last bit of the stranger’s conversation…

Welcome to the boards Theist17 – that has to be one of the coolest intro threads I’ve seen in a while – glad to have you with us :)

BZ

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 11:32:10 pm »

Well, way I see it, there's not much point in starting anything if you don't start it off right.
It's a pleasure to be here, and I hope that this game gets the recognition and use that it deserves.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:45:07 pm »

Thanks, I hope you get a chance to run it and see what it can do.  I the meantime, feel free to jump in on any of the threads here (or start your own)  :)

BZ

Thayan

• BHB Insider
  • Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:56:10 am »

Welcome aboard this crazy Train.. Thanks for posting. Been waiting for some activity, I can only talk to Berka for so long...:)
Owner Heroic ourney Publishing www.heroic-journey.net

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:47 am »

Yeah, me too   ;D ;)

BZ

Theist17

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:42:35 pm »

You won't have to worry about a lack of posting from me too much. If anything, you may end up telling me to tone it down a little.

I have a wee tendency to treat fora like IRC channels.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:24:47 pm »

Welcome Theist17 . Good to meet you .

Thayan if you get tired of berka, there is always the lady to talk to (zerka that  is) ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up