Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Th3_Shr3dd3r (Rory Andrews Prolog)  (Read 24451 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Th3_Shr3dd3r (Rory Andrews Prolog)
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2016, 08:17:35 pm »

"Rory," the woman went on un-accusingly, "Simon Wolks was a test."

"You handled that situation with clever integrity - your minor transgression with the money aside - but you made recompense nicely for it, in donating the cash to the outreach center."

"You passed the test Rory."

"I know you want to help the kids in your community, but you are now called to a much hirer purpose. I'm extending to you an opportunity to do so much more, for so many more people."

"Your work will potentially help millions."

Had this woman had been watching Rory at Simon Wolks's house? How could she know all these details otherwise?

Was the entire thing from Magnifico a set-up the whole time? Was this woman FBI, CIA, NSA?

What exactly was she offering him? Why? Heck, he didn't even know her name yet, but she seemed to know all about Rory.

In spite of all these unanswered questions, Rory could feel the tension and doubt seeping from his body, as he stood there listening to her. There was something trustworthy about the strange woman, in her voice, and a sense that what she was offering was not only genuine, but likely a 'one time offer'.

It might be worth it, to at least see what she was getting on about first, before ruling it out all together.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016, 09:09:03 pm »

Rory takes a moment more to think but it was Saturday and he hadn't felt anything dangerous from the woman so why not chat for a bit more and see

"Well, I got time so why don't you tell me more about this opportunity then?" He looks around "I know a cafe or two outside of the projects, ya might stand out less there?" He says the last line like a question, clearly still not sure how to handle this woman

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:00 am »

"That would be fine," The woman smiled. "Here comes our ride now."

Looking, Rory could see a taxi round a corner at the top of the block. The woman waved for it and it pulled up to stop.

"You can call me Sarapheen, Rory," the woman said, waiting for Rory to open the door for her.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 09:40:49 am »

He quickly steps up and holds the door for her before wondering get just what possessed him to actually do it, you didn't generally do that round here.

He heads round and gets in the other side telling the cabby the rough address of a nice cafe, only a few blocks away from the projects.

"Sarapheen, that's a new one to me, guessin you aren't from round here?" It was pretty obvious she wasn't from anywhere near here but Rory couldn't currently think of better taxi cab conversation with the unnervingly knowledgeable woman.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016, 10:36:29 am »

"Yeah, I know the one," the cab driver replied, "nice place." He then pulled the cab back into traffic and headed in that direction.

Sarapheen turned in her seat to face Rory. "You know how the Government has its security clearances, and 'need to know', right?"

She allowed Rory a moment to nod, "Well, in order for you to make an informed decision about the opportunity I'd like to extend, you'll 'need to know' all about it."

"But, before I can enlighten you further, you'll have to commit to a non-disclosure of sorts. You see, the world is not ready for what I can show you Rory, but I believe that you are."

"You must make a solemnly promise to keep what we discuss to yourself - for as long as you shall live. You cannot share it with friends, family, or lovers. To do so, would be to draw the most unwanted attention to yourself - such that you could never have a normal life, ever again."

"So, Rory - I need that heartfelt commitment. Do I have your promise of discretion?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2016, 01:50:48 pm »

Rory glances at the cabby up ahead, did he work with the woman? She probably wouldn't be talking like this is he didn't. "Maybe I was right when I though about some government agency, it all seems to fit so far."

Deciding there was currently no harm in hearing more Rory agrees to the proposition "I know how to keep things to myself, I wont swear on anythin as it ain't my way but you have my word and that's good enough for those who know me."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2016, 08:27:42 pm »

"Glad to hear that Rory," Sarapheen replied, then directed, "Look out the window at the people on the street."

Humoring the strange woman, Rory turned his head to scan the sidewalk. That's when he saw them.

It wasn't the man, who Rory new to be a pimp, that was striking one of his working girls over some matter or another.

It wasn't the three gang members sitting on a stoop getting high.

It wasn't the old woman crossing the street with her dog.

It was the dark shadowy things that caught Rory's eye - that made the adrenalin dump in his gut, the palms of his hands sweaty, and sent chills running the length of his spine.

The pimp was completely shrouded in something tenebrous and vile - living like a fungus on his soul. It flailed angrily about the man, wrapping tendrils around the pimp's arm and directing his fist into the working girl's face.

A tall leering skeleton of pale smoke, with far too many ribs, wafted in the fumes rising from the gang members' crack pipe. As they passed it between themselves, it caressed their cheeks softly with its ethereal boney fingers - sending shivers of ecstasy throughout their bodies as the drug took effect.

The old woman with the dog looked normal enough, until Rory spotted the bloody footprints left behind in her wake. They seemed to attracted clouds of nebulous black flies, that followed behind, to lick up each oozing footprint as quickly as it was set down.

Rory couldn't handle seeing much more, and instinctively shut his eyes and turned away from the window.

'It... It can't be real,' his mind struggled, trying to force Rory to forget what he had just seen. His stomach lurched - and it was all Rory could do to hold down his lunch.

"It's called 'Disbelief'," Sarapheen's voice spoke out from Rory's self-imposed darkness, "It's what mortal brains do, when confronted with the supernatural, to keep their persona sane. Don't worry, you will likely forget about all this, if you choose to go no further with me. But I trust you are stronger than that."

"Look at me Rory, while the eyes of your understanding are still opened."

Forcing himself, in flagrant disregard of his own mind's insistence against it, Rory opened his eyes and focused his gaze on Sarapheen. Her body was wrapped in golden wings of light with a fiery burning halo radiated over her head.

"I am the Angel Sarapheen Rory," she said softly; "You are chosen to be my Disciple. I would, that you help me purge the world of demonic influences, like what you have just seen. To fight that battle in places that I cannot go."

"If you accept this calling, you shall receive knowledge and power from on high, necessary to its fulfilling. You shall see the world as it truly is - the veil of man's ignorance forever cast from your eyes."

Sarapheen stopped talking and reached out to hold Rory's hand with a warm smile. The golden wings of light and fiery burning halo faded from view. Rory chanced a glance out the window of the cab - no weird visions - things seemed to have returned back to normal. It looked like the cabby hadn't even been aware that anything out of the ordinary had just happened either.

"I know it's a lot to take in all at once Rory," Sarapheen said, patting his hand and then letting it go. "But unless you are already the religious type, there's no easy way to discuss 'the elephant in the room'."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:24 pm »

"I just... Need a moment. Not sayin yes or no, just need a sec."

Without much other option for processing these pretty significant 'revelations' Rory has to be a little rude to his company. He pulls his headphones up and flicks through his Mp3, searching the first word to come into his head Angel

He expected the shaggy song to start playing but instead Robby Williams started playing "When the Fark did Robby Williams get on my MP3?" was the first thing he though before smiling a little, even if he didn't listepn to this kind of music the song seemed somehow fitting and a lot more soothing than an RnB track or rap would have been.

Once the song comes to an end he pulls the earphones back down around his next killing the music "You probably know but I'm probably Chatholic, Mum made sure to do right by me and got me splashed... I mean baptized when I was born. I'm ain't the praying type but I always thought he was out there somwhere, just, you know, Ignoring my part of town along with everyone else. The father told me "Once a Chatholic, always a Chatholic so that counts for somthing right?"

He stares out the window at where the apparitions had been and begins looking angrier, much angrier. These were his streets and his boys, the Angel said he could change things and she was right he was gonna do it "This... This ain't right though, if they is what's makin the hurt out there and pulling my boys down the wrong path, they needs stopping." Glancing back at the angel he quickly realizes he was slipping back into slang and his old prideful nature and reigns himself back in

"Look, I ain't saying I understand this all, or that my head can keep up with my eyes right now but I'm in. Understanding and believing can come later but stopping the things that are hurting my boys and causing all this" he waves his hand in a general way to indicate the 'Projects' they were driving out of "Is somthing I want part of."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

"Here we are," the cabby said, pulling to a stop.

Sarapheen handed the fare to him though the little window in the Plexiglas divider.

Turning back to Rory, she replied, "Good. I'm very glad to hear that. We cannot really talk freely in the café, but I will come to you again later."

"In the meantime, I want you to choose a place that we can meet over the next few weeks, for regular private discussions - for I have much to show you Rory."

With that, Saraphene got out of the car and stood for moment with the door still open.

"If you are hungry, I'm happy to give you the money for lunch, plus cab-fare home."

"It's not like I need it where I'm going," she winked with a grin.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2016, 11:21:59 pm »

Rory thinks for a moment then smiles "Then I get more time to think this over, and I haven't heard anything yet to so all good."

"I don't take charity but also aint gonna say no to a free meal, I missed too many of those growing up. Keep the cab fare though, I'll jog home."

He gets out to take the money and adds "I gotta few places in mind but I'll ensure they will work for next time. Guessing you'll just pop up when it's time?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2016, 02:13:54 pm »

"When you have a suitable location picked out," the woman answered, "just call my name - 'Sarapheen' - and I will come to you."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2016, 03:58:43 pm »

Rory nods and smiles then heads into the cafe to eat, giving her a wave of agreement. And he heads in his expression  changes to a much more serious one which stays on as he orders food did eats it

'Probably can't trick an angel like that is that's what she is, but if she is a trickster she could probably read me just as well. Either way best stay polite."

After eating and listening get to some music on his headphones, he begins the jog and walk home again, even if weird stuff is going on you have to keep fit and in shape.

"Gotta test a few places out then call her name and see how she arrives, that will give a better idea if any of this is real or not too." He thinks as he jogs.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »

The next several weeks were spent meeting regularly with Sarapheen, at the place Rory had chosen, and what Sarapheen began to refer to as Rory's 'School of Enlightenment'.

There, she formally taught him the true nature of reality (Cosmology), and the Lingua Intelligentia - or Language of Intelligence.

The premise of Lingua Intelligentia, was that all Matter and Ephemera, at its subatomic level, was made of Pure Intelligence. Using the Lingua Intelligentia, one could speak to the intellect of anything on this level, in order to instruct or direct it.

Sarapheen explained that Matter and Ephemera adamantly obeyed the 'High Laws', acting only as they had been commanded to act by Creation (a rock remained a rock, subject to Natural Laws, no matter what for example) - but using Lingua Intelligentia, and enough of one's will, one could command the rock (overriding the High Law) to become gold, explode violently, or even come to life.

It was this language, and the supernal knowledge that went along with it, that formed the basis of all Angelic Magic. And it was the fundamentals of this magic (Casting Reference) that Sarapheen taught Rory, explaining that it would be integral to his work against the Infernal as a new Disciple.

Sarapheen also went on to explain, that as a new Disciple, Rory was now foreordained to one day surpass mortality and become an Angel himself - called as a Ministering Angel, just like Sarapheen was now. That wouldn't happen however, unless Rory perfected his current calling of Disciple first - and that wasn't something one could simply do overnight.

Apparently, there were five types of Angels, each with its own strengths and Supernal Calling (Disciple Creation Guide).

Sarapheen was a Ministering Angel and also known as a Ward. As such, she watched over a Ministry, encompassing a defined geographical area, and monitored the levels of Infernal Influence therein. When the Infernal Influence in her Ministry overstepped a certain level, she would send her Disciples to 'deal' with it.

Sarapheen's Ministry covered the entire east coast of the United States, known as the North America Region East - everything east of the borders of Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

There were four other Ministries that covered the rest of North America.

The Avenging Angel Jarome, was Ward of the North America Region West - everything west of the borders of Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and Louisiana.

The Guardian Angel Rebecca, was Ward of the North America Region Central - everything in between the West and East Regions.

The Spirit Warden Morrow Wind, was Ward of the North America Region North - Everything north of the United States/Canadian border.

The Angel of Death Yoz, was Ward of the North America Region South - everything from Mexico on down through Panama.

Of course, there were Regions like these all over the world, each with its own Angelic Ward and handful of mortal Disciples to keep the machinations of the Infernal at bay. Their work was not to stop evil itself, but to ensure the freedom of mankind to choose between good and evil - of their own agency - which was something one lost when they sold away their souls for the corrupting power of the Infernal.

It was these Witches and Sorcerers, and the occasional Demon itself, that the Wards sought out, and the Disciples went forth to destroy. For they sought to enslave mankind, by employing a corrupted version of Lingua Intelligentia, known among the demonic, as Wormwood.

Finally, Sarapheen explained that she had recently called four other Disciples, in addition to Rory, and that once everyone was well grounded in the practice of Angelic Magic, they would all meet...

End of Prolog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up