Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sins of the Father (Issac Hardman Prolog)  (Read 22768 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Sins of the Father (Issac Hardman Prolog)
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2016, 03:18:58 pm »

"You are a good man Issac," Sarapheen answered, "Most men would have jumped at the promise of real power, such as was offered to you, regardless of the cost."

"Many, like your father, already have - Selling their souls to demons, in exchange for earthly glory."

"While the Infernal sow their power throughout the world with little restraint - causing chaos and suffering in its wake - the Supernal is more careful and controlled with whom it chooses to become its agents."

"This is because such power can be difficult to apply righteously Issac. Such power can be corrupted through mortal Pride. In fact, that is what the Infernal count on, when throwing about their unholy pacts."

"But I have seen into your heart Issac; and I have faith in you."

"You are one of the few mortals who can take upon you the calling of Disciple. As such, you would step into a battle between good and evil - not that you haven't already been drawn in. But should you endure it faithfully, you will surpass this fallen world and Ascend even as I have."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 08:27:00 pm »

Issac had never considered himself to be such a righteous man, but hearing it direct from an angel made him puff out his chest with pride ever so briefly.

"So then, how would it work? I'd do business during the day and battle demons at night?" He asks, trying to get a handle on the situation.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 07:53:52 am »

"Initially, you could do that," Sarapheen answered, "But the things that come with this calling, will quickly raise you above all that."

"This," she continued, sweeping her arm to indicate the office and city beyond its plate-glass windows, "is just a game that mortals play. And they play it mindlessly, without all the pieces, made up rules, and no idea of the true goal."

"What I offer... is a complete understanding. And when you have that, your need (and even desire) to play this boring old game, will become as a man, who has grown up, and put away his childish things."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 07:52:15 pm »

"You don't seem to like humans very much," Issac replies, guessing by her tone that she looks down on humanity.

"But putting that aside... It sounds like by becoming your disciple I'd be able to do a lot of good, by getting rid of a lot of evil," Issac continues.

"And I'd be able to prevent people like my father from getting the power to ruin the lives of others, along with punishing the bastards that pray on the weak," he thinks to himself.

"As for the understanding part... well, I don't really understand what you're talking about, but by the sounds of it that won't change until later. So, what do I need to do to become your disciple?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 10:16:14 am »

"Oh, I love the people I serve," Sarapheen replied earnestly - "Like a mother loves her children."

"I exalt in the small triumphs over 'self' that mankind occasionally displays; and I cry when they succumb to their own childish nature. It brings me great joy to lift, a chosen few, to a higher plane of understanding."

"And yes, that understanding will come quickly - If you are willing to accept it."

"That, is what you must do to become my Disciple - make the choice, of yourself, without compulsion or guile."

"Do you accept the calling Issac?"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:18:43 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »

Issac ponders to himself briefly. He'd have to leave everything behind in order to do this, but what would he really be leaving behind? His mundane job? His girlfriend who just uses him? His acquaintances?

This is a chance for him to make a real difference. There's only one possible answer here.

"I accept," he replies firmly.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:04:11 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2016, 12:12:15 am »

"Good. I'm very glad to hear that Issac," Sarapheen replied, pleased with his choice.

"Now," she then continued, "I want you to choose a place that we can meet over the next few weeks, for regular private discussion and instruction."

"This office would work, if we can meet here after hours - I have much to teach you Issac; but the lessons are not something we can risk other mortals seeing."

"If you have another place in mind, that would work also."

"When you have decided on the place, call my name 'Sarapheen', and I shall know to meet you there."

"I must go now Issac," she then said.

Once again, her wings and halo became visible - and her clothing transformed into glorious celestial robes with a red sash and something akin to a leather cord tied around her waist. The ceiling above then seemed to roll opened like a scroll - revealing a pure white portal of mist beyond.

Ascending upwards, Sarapheen disappeared into the portal, and it closed, leaving Issac was alone in his office to ponder what he had just seen and heard.

"I see you came in early today, Mr. Hardman," Issac's secretary said, as she walked into the room a moment later - so much for pondering anything alone - "Here's everything you need to catch up after your leave."

She then dropped a massive collection of files and paperwork into Issac's basket.

"I hope everything with your father's funeral went well. Glad to have you back. Jenkins has been a real pain in the ass, without you here to shield me from him haha!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2016, 05:35:30 pm »

The next several weeks were spent meeting regularly with Sarapheen, at the place Issac had chosen, and what Sarapheen began to refer to as Issac's 'School of Enlightenment'.

There, she formally taught him the true nature of reality (Cosmology), and the Lingua Intelligentia - or Language of Intelligence.

The premise of Lingua Intelligentia, was that all Matter and Ephemera, at its subatomic level, was made of Pure Intelligence. Using the Lingua Intelligentia, one could speak to the intellect of anything on this level, in order to instruct or direct it.

Sarapheen explained that Matter and Ephemera adamantly obeyed the 'High Laws', acting only as they had been commanded to act by Creation (a rock remained a rock, subject to Natural Laws, no matter what for example) - but using Lingua Intelligentia, and enough of one's will, one could command the rock (overriding the High Law) to become gold, explode violently, or even come to life.

It was this language, and the supernal knowledge that went along with it, that formed the basis of all Angelic Magic. And it was the fundamentals of this magic (Casting Reference) that Sarapheen taught Issac, explaining that it would be integral to his work against the Infernal as a new Disciple.

Sarapheen also went on to explain, that as a new Disciple, Issac was now foreordained to one day surpass mortality and become an Angel himself - called as an Avenging Angle. That wouldn't happen however, unless Issac perfected his current calling of Disciple first - and that wasn't something one could simply do overnight.

To help him better understand his destiny, Issac was introduced to the Avenging Angel, Jarome – who instructed him in all the areas that Sarapheen could not.

Apparently, there were five types of Angels, each with its own strengths and Supernal Calling (Disciple Creation Guide).

Sarapheen was a Ministering Angel and also known as a Ward. As such, she watched over a Ministry, encompassing a defined geographical area, and monitored the levels of Infernal Influence therein. When the Infernal Influence in her Ministry overstepped a certain level, she would send her Disciples to 'deal' with it.

Sarapheen's Ministry covered the entire east coast of the United States, known as the North America Region East - everything east of the borders of Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

There were four other Ministries that covered the rest of North America.

The Avenging Angel Jarome, was Ward of the North America Region West - everything west of the borders of Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and Louisiana.

The Guardian Angel Rebecca, was Ward of the North America Region Central - everything in between the West and East Regions.

The Spirit Warden Morrow Wind, was Ward of the North America Region North - Everything north of the United States/Canadian border.

The Angel of Death Yoz, was Ward of the North America Region South - everything from Mexico on down through Panama.

Of course, there were Regions like these all over the world, each with its own Angelic Ward and handful of mortal Disciples to keep the machinations of the Infernal at bay. Their work was not to stop evil itself, but to ensure the freedom of mankind to choose between good and evil - of their own agency - which was something one lost when they sold away their souls for the corrupting power of the Infernal.

It was these Witches and Sorcerers, and the occasional Demon itself, that the Wards sought out, and the Disciples went forth to destroy. For they sought to enslave mankind, by employing a corrupted version of Lingua Intelligentia, known among the demonic, as Wormwood.

Finally, Sarapheen explained that she had recently called four other Disciples, in addition to Issac, and that once everyone was well grounded in the practice of Angelic Magic, they would all meet...

End of Prolog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up