Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blood Sanctified (John Sterling Prolog)  (Read 24917 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Sanctified (John Sterling Prolog)
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 12:35:54 pm »

“Um, yeah… about that,” Sarapheen replied a bit sheepishly, “I may have inadvertently stepped on your free agency, just a tad.”

She held her thumb and forefinger close together to illustrate how much of a ‘tad’.

“I wanted to extend to you a calling, to serve as my Disciple,” she then explained, “which under normal circumstances, you would be free to accept or decline.”

“But… I sort of had to make that decision for you… to save you from the vampire.”

“You see,” Saraphen continued, “vampires cannot drink the blood of the Supernal – to them it is like liquid sunshine – which as most people know, is highly detrimental to a vampire’s wellbeing.”

“When I arrived, I saw that the Daeva had already gotten you in its teeth, so I translated you. I made you my Disciple to save you – albeit without your permission.”

“For this I apologize.”

Sarapheen bowed her head penitently for a moment, before continuing.

“You are a Disciple now; though you still have the freedom of choice, to serve me, or to go your own way.”

“I must warn you however, that in giving you the power of a Disciple, I have placed a huge target on your back. Infernal demons will seek you out and try to corrupt you – and they are immortal, never sleep, and are always scheming humanity’s ruin.”

“These are they, that even the vampires know to avoid.”

“This is why I sought you out to become one of my Disciples John. That you help me purge the world of these demonic influences. To fight that battle in places I cannot go."

“If you accept me as your mentor, you shall receive the knowledge to control the power that I have given you from on high - necessary to the fulfilling of the calling itself.”

“You shall see the world as it truly is - the veil of man's ignorance forever cast from your eyes.”

“That choice at least, is still yours alone to make."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2016, 09:58:04 pm »

"Ha ha, I appreciate the saving." John says, waving it off.

"What do you mean, serve you? What'd it mean?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2016, 08:51:48 am »

"John, you are one of the few mortals who can take upon you the calling of Disciple." Sarapheen answered.

"As such, serving me, would mean accepting the responsibilities that come with the change I have made in you and the powers that such a change entails. It means that you would step into a battle between good and evil - under my wing, so to speak."

"You would face demons and sunder their carefully laid snares - protecting mankind from the shackles of their damning machinations. Some of these demons (and their servants) will not be easily undone."

"It is a challenging calling to fulfill John; but should you endure it faithfully, you will one day surpass this fallen world and Ascend, even as I have, becoming an Angel yourself."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2016, 01:44:12 pm »

"I'm not much of a fighter." John says with a strained laugh. "As you could uh, tell."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2016, 02:01:45 pm »

"I do not require someone who can fight with their hands, John," Sarapheen answered. "You're strength lies in what you can do with the Angelic power that I have already bestowed upon you. It is a power that you must learn to control and use only for good."

"Without me to help mentor the development of this power, there will be great temptations to use it for your own ends - which will corrupt your soul and give you over to the influences of the Infernal."

"In fact, if you do decide to go it on your own, the Infernal will seek you out and offer to instruct you in the use of these powers themselves."

"Me, or someone else, there will be no shortage of teachers willing to 'help' mold the power you now possess."

"The question then, is not whether to serve me as my Disciple or not; it is 'will you choose good or evil?'"

Sarapheen then walked with John, as he carried Tiffany up the old subway stairs and in through the excavated tunnel to the electrical access panel under the warehouse. From here, it would only be a short walk to the ladder and then up into the warehouse itself.

"So," the angel asked, breaking the silence of John's thoughts over the matter, "Do you have enough information to decide?"

"Will you accept the calling to become my Disciple?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2016, 02:12:09 pm »

John nods.

"That infernal vampire thing was a nasty piece of work. Not gonna side with anything that preys on kids, even if they are ridiculously stupid."

"So yeah. Sign me up."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2016, 03:06:27 pm »

"Excellent. I'm very glad to hear that John," Sarapheen replied with a smile - relieved that she wasn't going to have to leave such a loose cannon, as an unbound Disciple, in the fallen world.

'I'll have to work on my timing better next time,' she mentally scolded herself, 'I really could have ruined the poor man's life, had he not accepted. Probably would have been better just to let him die and wait for another viable Adherent, had that been the case, but there were three lives at stake. Right decision, poor execution.'

When they had arrived at the ladder, Sarapheen held out her arms to take Tiffany.

"You go up ahead," she explained, "I will carry the girl. It will be tiring enough for you to climb so far; I wouldn't want her accidently dropped down the shaft."

Acquiescing, John placed Tiffany in Sarapheen's arms and began up the ladder.

Sarapheen followed, floating up the shaft with her golden wings of light outstretched and her fiery burning halo visible once again.

At the top, John climbed out of the shaft and watched Sarapheen rise up from below, amid radiant surrounding light.

She then handed Tiffany back to John and said, "I must go now."

John noted that the blood on Tiffany (and himself) did not seem to transfer to Sarapheen's celestial robes.

"I will come to you again later, after you have returned to your home in Connecticut," the Angel explained; "In the meantime, I want you to choose a place that we can meet over the next few weeks, for regular private discussions - for I have much to show you John."

At that, John saw the dark ceiling of the warehouse above, roll opened like a scroll - revealing the pure white portal of mist beyond.

Ascending upwards, Sarapheen disappeared into the portal, and it closed - Leaving John alone in the once gain dark printing factory warehouse, with the still unconscious teenager Tiffany, in his arms.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2016, 05:34:51 pm »

The next several weeks were spent meeting regularly with Sarapheen, at the place John had chosen, and what Sarapheen began to refer to as John's 'School of Enlightenment'.

There, she formally taught him the true nature of reality (Cosmology), and the Lingua Intelligentia - or Language of Intelligence.

The premise of Lingua Intelligentia, was that all Matter and Ephemera, at its subatomic level, was made of Pure Intelligence. Using the Lingua Intelligentia, one could speak to the intellect of anything on this level, in order to instruct or direct it.

Sarapheen explained that Matter and Ephemera adamantly obeyed the 'High Laws', acting only as they had been commanded to act by Creation (a rock remained a rock, subject to Natural Laws, no matter what for example) - but using Lingua Intelligentia, and enough of one's will, one could command the rock (overriding the High Law) to become gold, explode violently, or even come to life.

It was this language, and the supernal knowledge that went along with it, that formed the basis of all Angelic Magic. And it was the fundamentals of this magic (Casting Reference) that Sarapheen taught John, explaining that it would be integral to his work against the Infernal as a new Disciple.

Sarapheen also went on to explain, that as a new Disciple, John was now foreordained to one day surpass mortality and become an Angel himself - called as a Spirit Warden. That wouldn't happen however, unless John perfected his current calling of Disciple first - and that wasn't something one could simply do overnight.

To help him better understand his destiny, John was introduced to the Spirit Warden, Morrow Wind – who instructed him in all the areas that Sarapheen could not.

Apparently, there were five types of Angels, each with its own strengths and Supernal Calling (Disciple Creation Guide).

Sarapheen was a Ministering Angel and also known as a Ward. As such, she watched over a Ministry, encompassing a defined geographical area, and monitored the levels of Infernal Influence therein. When the Infernal Influence in her Ministry overstepped a certain level, she would send her Disciples to 'deal' with it.

Sarapheen's Ministry covered the entire east coast of the United States, known as the North America Region East - everything east of the borders of Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

There were four other Ministries that covered the rest of North America.

The Avenging Angel Jarome, was Ward of the North America Region West - everything west of the borders of Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arizona, and Louisiana.

The Guardian Angel Rebecca, was Ward of the North America Region Central - everything in between the West and East Regions.

The Spirit Warden Morrow Wind, was Ward of the North America Region North - Everything north of the United States/Canadian border.

The Angel of Death Yoz, was Ward of the North America Region South - everything from Mexico on down through Panama.

Of course, there were Regions like these all over the world, each with its own Angelic Ward and handful of mortal Disciples to keep the machinations of the Infernal at bay. Their work was not to stop evil itself, but to ensure the freedom of mankind to choose between good and evil - of their own agency - which was something one lost when they sold away their souls for the corrupting power of the Infernal.

It was these Witches and Sorcerers, and the occasional Demon itself, that the Wards sought out, and the Disciples went forth to destroy. For they sought to enslave mankind, by employing a corrupted version of Lingua Intelligentia, known among the demonic, as Wormwood.

Finally, Sarapheen explained that she had recently called four other Disciples, in addition to John, and that once everyone was well grounded in the practice of Angelic Magic, they would all meet...

End of Prolog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up