Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Backroom Dealings  (Read 24455 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: More Backroom Dealings
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 07:44:45 pm »

"True, the beast is fascinating. Is it truly a kindred? Or rather some sort of hybrid ghoul, like the Vozhd of the Tzmisce? Have you learnt anything about it's creation?" Anton asks, intrigued. Something like that could be truly useful.

"And yes, I do not care much for the Tremere, but your secrets, well... If we are to work together, I can not be played like Radu. You understand, yes?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2016, 10:48:18 pm »

"Of course Anton," Steeple replies, "we have history together and I fully expect that we will continue to make more."

"And as a show of good faith, I'll let you in on another secret. To see what sort of reciprocity you might be inclined to provide."

"The head of the Tremere is Tremere himself, and Goratrix, a vile wicked thing with the hubris to rival even Satan himself."

"It is this Goratrix and his ilk that are kidnapping Nosferatu and Teetzees to melt them into Gargoyle slaves - Yes, my Maximus was once someone else, but he retained no memory of it in the transformation."

"And worse still - Goratrix has been digging up Antediluvians for Tremere to diablerize. That's why they will be such a danger to The TeetZees when they make their move."

"There is, on the other hand, a smaller offshoot of the Tremere, lead by Etrius, who have more noble ideas than that of their disgusting leaders. It is with them that I have aligned myself."

They want to stage a rebellion and break from the pack so to speak, but need a place of refuge to weather out the storm of Tremere and Goratrix's anger when they do."

"I have therefore, agreed to scout out contacts for Etrius, here in Venice, that would consider entering into negotiations with him and his fellow refugees to establish a chantry here."

"They need to be given a place to preserve the unsullied secrets of thaumaturgy and to build up enough strength to eventually take down their evil counterparts!"

"I have already asked Heldric for help in this matter. Might you know of any here, that would be open to consider such a thing?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2016, 12:07:54 am »

"I see." Anton states, increasingly interested in the gargoyle. The possibilities. If blood magic could work this, then perhaps the source of the blood's power could recreate this, make it more powerful.

"Steeple, you must understand me." Anton begins, excitement in his voice. Here's a chance to get an army. Not simply shadows that disapate in a day's time. But a permanent army. "I do not exist on this plane of existence to stamp out the evils plaguing our condition. It's part of us. The Gargoyles are a grand creation. Goratrix might be cruel or needlessly evil, but he created a fine beast. Have you discovered their rituals? That. would be... Very valuable to me."

"As for your allies, the Heresy controls Venice, Steeple. The lasombra are fractured. I do not have much say with the Heresy, nor would I want to have such a thing. They are a blight. But, if you claim these tremere are well intentioned, I could certainly try to arrange a meeting with the Prince. Your allies could destroy it from within."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:52:27 am by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2016, 09:54:31 am »

"That is good to know," Steeple replies concerning the Heresy.

"On the matter of an army though," he continues, "I could ask to be taught the ritual to fabricate Gargoyles, if this Venice thing works out, though I do find it a bit unseemly to do that to fellow Kindred. However, it might be something we can modify after the fact, to give lasting form to these nightmare shadows of yours."

"Imagine a golem (or dragon) of pure darkness at you command, haha!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:42 pm »

"Yes. Quite so." Anton states, making sure to look outside of his shrouds before heading towards where the Gargoyle fell. He wants the tendrils to bring it up.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 02:28:42 am »

Anton's tendrils find nothing.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 11:53:18 am »

"Lovely. Your gargoyle has fled, Steeple. Try and convince it to not attack me next time. We shall meet in the morning." He says, leaving to his lodgings

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 12:05:13 pm »

"Right!" Steeple replies, looking up in the sky, as he quickly moves into the regular shadows of the night.

Remembering that Minimus is still with him, he then asks the rat, "Where's Maximus? We all need to sit down have a nice long talk about diplomacy..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »

As Anton leaves, Steeple asks the question of his "son"'s pet rat.

The rat squeaks and then points its nose upwards. Craning his neck, Steeple starts at seeing Maximus hanging off the side of the building like a massive, unnervingly silent spider - or a, ahem, gargoyle.

"He is not the weakling I expected, master! When I kill him, it must be with cunning, rather than force."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2016, 09:46:11 am »

Steeple puts his hand over his face and drags it down, inhaling slowly.

"Maximus," he then tries to state calmly, "There is no need to kill Anton the Abyss-Walker. Right now, he's an Ally, not an Enemy. If, at a later time, I should decide otherwise, I will be sure to inform you of the matter."

"For now, it is Anton's brother Kiril that is the actual danger to us."

"Especially that baleful ghoul Barabus. That guy - pfft! Don't even get me started!"

"I gave the fool his freedom, ensured that he would be made better than the pathetic lout that he was, which - just look at him now - near ferocious perfection - and a nice new home with an aristocrat's pedigree."

"And what thanks do I get?"

"Kill the master, kill the master, kill the master. DUHH!!!"

"No gratitude - that's what!"

"Just see if I ever do him any favors ever again!"

"HUMPH!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2016, 11:21:28 am »

"Neither shall live to see the morning!"

Maximus makes to launch himself from the wall

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2016, 12:03:59 pm »

"MAXIMUS, STOP!!!" Steeple bellows, completely irritated at the Gargoyle's thick skull.

"The kindred have rules! You would do well to learn them, before your actions get you destroyed and me in some very hot water!"

"You are not allowed to attack another vampire in this city without my say so. And right now - YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. IT!!!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2016, 01:27:28 pm »

Maximus bows his head (a gesture nearly lost to Steeple given the Gargoyle's awkward position facing him down from the side of the wall), "Very well Master. I shall refrain from attacking anyone until you explicitly tell me to."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2016, 01:47:26 pm »

Steeple and Anton both return to their lodgings, provided by Prince Narses, and then rest as the sun rises over the city of Venice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up