Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning House  (Read 114526 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning House
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2016, 09:02:35 pm »

"I can scry out the place easily enough, though, would da witch know I was doin it?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2016, 09:11:59 pm »

"Maybe rather than sneaking around an odd castle we should opt to take a more direct approach? I could see if I can get in contact with Jack Eaton Jr and set up a meeting at this castle," he suggests, pausing to gauge the reaction of everyone.

"I've... met his masters, and am a fellow businessman. I could simply say we're on the same side and that we should met to discuss things further. For a mutually beneficial deal. Or we could just trick the guards into thinking such a meeting exists."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2016, 09:15:11 pm »

"Presumably his masters would have you, in particular, staked out as a disciple by now, wouldn't they?"

Saint looks to Sarapheen for confirmation on that.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »

"I have friends in Big Buisness. I'm sure I can get you a legit meeting if you want."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:04 pm »

"Oh, yes," Saraphene answered, producing a rolled up map of the castle floor plans - "Here you are."

"Mama Kark has the attic, basement, and a few rooms warded against scrying - and yes, she would know if you broke through them."

"Her demonic servants are also unlikely to be in the physical world, but in Twilight or the Shadow itself, waiting her command to materialize on intruders."

"As for Blume and Blumenthal; Yes, they are aware of Emend's Discipleship - though I hesitate to say they would bother warning all of their thralls about him specifically."

"Therefore, your plan to attempt initial proximity through the business aspect has potential to be a good ruse."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:15 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Ground Floor

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:12:52 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Upstairs
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:13:18 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:26 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Attic Space
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:13:29 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Basement
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:13:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2016, 12:30:27 pm »

Beats looks at the scroll for a bit "running with da gangs taught me it was about speed and surprise. Hit them hard and put them down or your gonna be in a world of pain when the rest of their boys arrive, could apply here, we'll hafta get in fast and unexpected."

He pauses

"Would they know if a portal opened up in the building, in an unprotected room?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:55 pm »

"Would any of you happen to be adept in Forces? Cutting off their power would be useful"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:15:00 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2016, 01:02:47 pm »

"Someone able to set up wards would have the spatial awareness to sense a gate opening nearby - even outside of the wards," Sarapheen answered Beats.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2016, 07:26:03 pm »

"We should arrange an expedition before whatever meeting is set up in order to scout out the castle grounds, their guard patterns and find out anything that isn't visible in the plans", Saint suggests.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:46:11 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2016, 08:03:01 pm »

"Would any of you happen to be adept in Forces? Cutting off their power would be useful"

"Forces are my ruling Arcana," Emend replies. "I could handle that."

He then ponders for a moment. "If Jack has the ability to manipulate minds, perhaps those with a... weaker will should stay away from him," he adds. "Should we split up, and take out the two at once, or dispose of them one at a time? The witch sounds like the bigger issue, so maybe the three of you should take care of her while I distract Jack?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »

"Perhaps, though I am more worried about what to do if confronted by her servants more than anything. Sarapheen... forgive me for asking but do you know if any of your old quorum haunt the castle grounds? Their potential aid would be invaluable. I also wonder if the witch has made the castle a demesne, or if our access to magic will be restricted by the presence of the mortal guards?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2016, 09:32:43 pm »

"I can scout pretty effectively, stone can't block my eyes." Robor says.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »

"Sarapheen... forgive me for asking but do you know if any of your old quorum haunt the castle grounds? Their potential aid would be invaluable. I also wonder if the witch has made the castle a demesne, or if our access to magic will be restricted by the presence of the mortal guards?"

"My quorum was lost on Tartarus," Sarapheen answered Saint.

"Corianton and I Ascended, because we martyred ourselves to complete that mission, and disincorporated on to Elyseum."

"The souls of Rupert Stiles and Two Moons made it back to Paradise, where they entered rest from mortal toil."

"Only Lex..." Sarapheen seemed to choke up a bit at the memory, "She was... is... still trapped there in Tartarus to this day."

After a pause, Sarapheen composed herself and went on; "So no. None of the former Disciples have any lingering ties to the castle."

"As for the guards, they should all be sleepwalkers, due to Jack's brainwashing."

"That would mean they can witness magic without their own Disbelief tearing it apart - but Paradox will always be a factor, because the power you draw from The Light to fuel your Magic must pass through The Shadow to get here to Earth. And The Shadow willingly corrupts that power whenever it can."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:40:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2016, 01:04:27 pm »

Saint refrains from his sudden need to offer Sarapheen a comforting hand - an angel of the Lord would not appreciate such a gesture, who was he to judge divinity?

"We are settled then? Robor, Beats and I shall take to the castle grounds tonight and do what we can to examine the area while Emend arranges a meeting with the CEO?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2016, 09:58:13 am »

"Regarding the blessed items;" Sarapheen interjects - directing the question to the Saint - "Shall I deliver them to your quarters here at the church?"

She then hands everyone a thick white envelope.

"This should be enough to outfit yourselves with tactical gear - though you will have to use your own contacts to find any dealers."

Looking in the envelopes reveals banded bundles of hundred dollar bills - $10,000 each.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2016, 12:46:45 pm »

Saint refrains from his sudden need to offer Sarapheen a comforting hand - an angel of the Lord would not appreciate such a gesture, who was he to judge divinity?

"We are settled then? Robor, Beats and I shall take to the castle grounds tonight and do what we can to examine the area while Emend arranges a meeting with the CEO?"

Emend nods in response.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2016, 12:53:30 pm »

"Yes, thank you Sarapheen. I will distribute them to everyone when they arrive," he says nodding respectfully to the angel.

Saint looks down briefly at the envelope and then puts it away.

He honestly isn't even sure what to do with something like that.

I'll probably give the money to Beats. He can likely do more with it than I can, in any case.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2016, 02:04:04 pm »

Beats nods and puts the money away "Most of this can go to the church outreach again, I ain't got much use for guns."

"I'll put it to good use" he says aloud

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

"I honestly don't need it, Seraphim. Got more of that back home. If anyone wants anything I can probably source some stuff. Not everything though."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2016, 12:09:27 pm »

"If there is to be a meeting I don't plan on attending it covered in body armour," Emend replies without accepting the money. "But thanks anyway."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2016, 12:21:54 pm »

"No, I don't suppose you will even get a meeting at all, if you don't look the part," Sarapheen replies, "but why all the reticence to accept these resources?"

"You will still have mundane expenses to consider, even after liberating your Sanctum from the Infernal."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:23:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2016, 03:02:44 pm »

"Co's we are prideful still." Beats jokes "Let's meet at my place, I can have wards set up and people there don't look too close at others business." He adds

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:20 pm »

"I use my own money, Seraphim. Won't have it any way else." He says. He turns to Beats.

"You often get buisnessmen meeting at your place? I doubt Emend or I would fit in."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2016, 09:57:09 am »

Beats just shrugs "Your choice then."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:06 am »

"We should meet at Saint's church. I doubt demons would enjoy investigating a church."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2016, 10:44:32 am »

Saint hesitates for a second,

"My daughter... I feel somewhat reluctant to invite inquisitive demons near my home. However, I do have access to private meeting rooms within the Washington Cathedral, much like this one. We can have any meetings required here."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:44:23 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2016, 02:44:30 pm »

"Excellent," Sarapheen said with a nod.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2016, 06:55:29 pm »

Washington National Cathedral; Thursday October 13th 2016

Using their various connections, the funds left by Sarapheen, and a good deal of Robor's personal resources, the quorum outfitted itself with a surveillance van, tools and hardware, a few kevlar vests, two tasers, and a dozen military tear gas grenades with gasmasks.

Sarapheen had also delivered on her promise to grant them Imbued Items, giving the Saint a sword and Emend a ring, both of which had the ability to sway peoples' emotions, as manipulated by the wielder.

To Robor, Sarapheen gave a sword, imbued with the power to call up an invisible shield of protective force; while Beats received a pair of ancient cestus, that could bring bad luck on those who opposed him.

Following that, the quorum took the surveillance van and spent two days staking out the High Oaks Castle property in Great Falls Virginia.

Useful intel gleaned, was that the property was about fifty acres overlooking the Potomac River, with a fenced in area around the castle about five acres on each side that also included a helipad. A paved road ran through a manned gatehouse in the fence and up to the estate, while a dirt power-line access road ran along the wooded back side of the property near the river. A small gate in the fence was also located there, but was locked and the area overgrown enough that only quads could get through it - or those on foot.

Immediately behind the castle was a fancy garden, statuary, and pond with free ranging white geese. There did not appear to be any guard dogs however.

Cameras watched over the main gatehouse, the helipad, and the front and back of the castle itself, though there were no cameras at the back gate. It was unclear what sort of cameras might be used inside the house itself.

As for security, Jack Eaton Jr. had the services of Talon Securities Corp; composed of an eight man security detail that rotated every twelve hours. At 0600 and 1800 hours, a large black tactical van would drive through the gatehouse, up to the estate, and then dislodge the next shift - collecting the previous and driving back out again.

Observing the transfers, revealed that each detail was comprised of a Leader, a Sniper, a Tech Op, and four grunts, and a Greeter. They wore kevlar vests and carried FN PS90 tactical weapons, except for the Tech Op, greeter, and Sniper. The Tech Op and greeter both carried large tablet computers and had .45 caliber sidearms, while the Sniper had both a Barret .50 cal and a FN FNAR 308.

The sniper always set up on the tower overlook, while two grunts were stationed outside - one on the porch and one on the porch overlook above. The greeter was the guy manning the gatehouse and the movements of the rest (inside), were not known.

Jack Eaton Jr. meanwhile, would frequently come in and out on the helicopter that sat out on the helipad. He had a manservant that piloted the copter and almost never left his side. Mama Kark on the other hand, was not seen at all during the stakeout - though dim lights and shadows could occasionally be seen moving in the attic dormers late at night.

Additionally, a Maid service also visited the estate each day, from 0800 to 1600 hours; while a Chef came in at 0700 to 0900 and then again from 1600 to 1800.

Following the stakeout, everyone met back at Saint's meeting room in the underbelly of the Washington National Cathedral. Up to this point, no magic had been employed in the information gathering expedition, aside from Sarapheen having used Shifting the Odds on the surveillance van, to improve the chances of it getting through the stakeout unseen.

While the stakeout was going on, Emend and Robor successfully negotiated a private dinner meeting with Jack Eaton Jr. at the castle, set for Monday the 17th, 6:00 pm - thanks to Emend's ring and Robor's family connections.

Unfortunately, both Emend and Robor had to name-drop to secure the meeting, so there might be the possibility of Sympathetic Connection, should Mama Kark get wind and start using spells against them.

"Well, that gives you tomorrow and the weekend to plan your assault," Sarapheen remarked. "I feel it is going to be quite the challenge for you, but with the element of surprise and if you can avoid engaging them all at once, I think you have a decent chance of pulling it off."

"I am worried however," she continued, "about the potential demonic guardians that Mama Kark can bring to bear..."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:22:14 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2016, 07:27:22 pm »

"As am I," Saint admits.

"We did not see Mama Kark during our scouting expedition, she has clearly chosen to remain secluded within the Castle walls. Do you remember where the mana source is, Sarapheen? I suspect Kark may have made her lair there."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »

"Grunts are heavy on the outside and in. Might wanna keep from fighting them all, anyone see if the outside doors got fancy locks, we could fuse the readers so they can't get in once we are inside."

Beats adds

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2016, 07:39:59 pm »

"The hallow is located at the bottom of the swimming pool in the basement," Sarapheen answered Saint; "Though its power pervades most of the house, even up beyond the roof itself."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »

"The hallow is located at the bottom of the swimming pool in the basement," Sarapheen answered Saint; "Though its power pervades most of the house, even up beyond the roof itself."

"A shame then, we won't know where Mama Kark is until we're inside and able to track her resonance.
Robor, if we are to fight this demoness, is there anything you can do to counteract her? You are skilled in Spirit, you can call upon beings from the Shadow, just as she can. Perhaps break the bindings between them and her, or assert your own control? Or is her mastery too great for us to challenge?"

"If we plan our meeting slightly before the shift, and our attack slightly afterwards, we can lock the guards out of their prescribed positions by shutting down the castle's power. In particular, the sniper will be locked out of the overlook tower. It would keep him from having any sort of bead on us, though perhaps it would be better if we were to leave the guards to their usual positions and take advantage of our knowledge to ambush or avoid them?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:03:20 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2016, 05:34:34 pm »

Emend looks at Saint and nods.

"However, if the earlier team is still around when this happens they may suspect something is up and stick around to check it out. It may be easier to deal with them as they come up rather than make a scene."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2016, 01:25:50 am »

Beats considers the options for a minute or two before replying "When they change over we might get caught with twice the number in da house. I say do it an hour before so they are tired from waitin." He pauses before continuing "I still say we blitz em, take out the suit first then we rush the witch and take her out, I ain't got much for prep and planning but She's gotta have a lotta spells goin so shouldn't be much extra she can load on us before we get her then I portal us out all clean like with the deed no time for security, cops and no questions."

He nods to himself and crosses his arms in a comfortable manner, indicating that he has resolved the issue in his mind as what he thinks is best.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2016, 07:17:14 am »

John shakes his head.
"There is no way a buisnessman would plan out his meeting when his security team is being swapped." He says.

"I can hold off Mama Kark. If the tainted thrall can be killed quickly, I doubt we will have much to fear. We should have someone on the outside, to distract the guards. The thrall won't go down quietly."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2016, 07:54:06 am »

"I would prefer not to do it an hour beforehand", Saint says quietly.

"I will need time to alter the bodies so that we may make our escape without alerting the police that murder took place.

I can employ... Countermeasures, for the guards, but they will be unpleasant. They will live, however, and will likely be too delirious to say anything of what happened."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:00:27 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2016, 10:57:21 am »

"Alter Em? That's a bit freeky, why not just carry them out with us and dump Em in the ocean?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:12 pm »

"You remember the part about not intentionally killing mortals, right?" Sarapheen asked Beats... "Or do you simply mean the disposing of the bodies?"

"As for the timing of the meeting and the guard change, I imagine Jack set that up intentionally, so there would be double the guards hanging around (or at least in proximity) in the event that the meeting went south."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:01:15 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2016, 01:06:38 pm »

Beats puts his hands up in the air

"Da bodies da bodies, I ain't planning on killing humans!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2016, 03:45:29 pm »

"The bodies of Jack and Kark will still require proper disposal, so that the police do not wonder at a murder and instead wonder at how, say, a swarm of mutant insects stung them to death."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »

"That's what I mean, take em with us and dump em where yall never find em. Cleaner, no body means no murder. All they can say is 'Hey the guy that had the fake deed and ran the shady corporation has vanished, he probably fled the country!'"

The Las bit is done in an obvious 'cop mockery' impression

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2016, 06:46:56 pm »

"You don't understand, the ways I have to deal with bodies, no one can get around."

A pause then.

"That came out so much worse than I meant it to. I'm sorry, it's just that, i'm skilled in Death magic, I can change the apparent cause of death of a corpse perfectly."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2016, 08:26:11 pm »

"Natural causes might be a little less conspicuous looking than death by a thousand bullet ant stings..." Sarapheen throws out casually.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2016, 08:33:54 pm »

"Natural causes might be a little less conspicuous looking than death by a thousand bullet ant stings..." Sarapheen throws out casually.

"I would agree, save for all the incapacitated guards we're going to leave behind, many of whom will likely be raving about swarms."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2016, 03:09:36 pm »

"I'll cast a group Organic Resilience on everyone, prior to the meeting," Sarapheen offers. "That should help protect you a bit and also with managing the amount of spells you can maintain."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2016, 10:10:42 pm »

"Many thanks Seraphim. I have no doubts that we will destroy these demons." Robor states.

"Emend and I shall go to the meeting with Beats. Saint, could you activate your bees from far away? I need you to knock out the guards."

"I myself will summon a creature to mess with the guards. I have no doubts that a roaming monster would distract them if necessary."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up