Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning House  (Read 114542 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning House
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2016, 08:05:25 pm »

After some effort, Emend is able to shake the Shade Stone out through one of the skull's eye sockets.

It appears as a thumb-sized smoky black-quartz crystal.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:16:02 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2016, 08:31:05 pm »

"Found Jack, he's drinking in da pub." Beats says as he stands "More portals, one goes to da attic where da deed is."

He heads over to look at the kanopic jars while talking "Why not just fry him with da plug at da bar, sure Emend could do it?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2016, 01:47:04 pm »

"How exactly do we destroy this?" Emend asks, feeling the crystal with his hand.

"And is the false soul still trapped within?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2016, 02:21:44 pm »

Answering Emend, Sarapheen replies, "just crush it with something hard, like a hammer."

"It still has a false imprint in it," she continued; "a dark and flawed copy of whoever Hans really was, when he was alive."

"The real soul of Hans is not in the crystal. You'll only be hurting Infernal interests by destroying it."

"Now a Soul Stone on the other hand, you would not want to destroy."

"The greater good is served by returning it to its rightful owner, or using high level Spirit to sever the binding the stone has on the trapped soul - essentially setting it free."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:23:19 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2016, 02:30:52 pm »

Saint hesitates then, "Sarapheen, would you be able to accompany us on the second part of this venture now that the witch is gone? I have exhausted much of my magical energies and I will have to exhaust more to heal us of our wounds. My swarm has also been greatly diminished and I do not have the time to create another one to deal with the guards."

Sarapheen nods. "Yes, I can help, now that the witch is gone."

"I was afraid before, that seeing me, she would ignore me spitefully, to kill off one of you. As I mentioned before, I can come back from that, but you cannot. I have seen it before."

"Also I don't think that Jack is initiated so deeply in the ways of the occult to be so influenced. Though any demons that yet remain in Mama Kark's service might be so inclined, so be wary."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2016, 02:59:40 pm »

Saint nods. He then cancels the bioluminescence spell on the hornets. He looks about the room and walks over to the cleaver, throwing it to "Beats" (robor in Beats' body).

"I think it's enchanted, the witch did far too much damage for it to be a normal weapon. You should use it, against the demons and Jack."

Saint briefly considered taking the thing himself but he already had the sword - and the sight of Emend and Robor's blood on the thing made him feel sick.

He picks up the glossy-black horn flask dripping blood, then pulls out the two canopic jars and the sealed boxes and begins opening them. He works with a sort of nervous energy, attempting to distract himself from the gory scene that is the room and his own cold, relative nakedness.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:36 pm »

The glossy horn flask is dripping blood, because it recently held blood. Other than that, the shiny black spiraling cone appears to be the squat horn of some devil and seems to capture the eyes and not want to let them go. Shadows, voids, and unfathomable dimensions dance under its polished surface.

Opening the sealed boxes reveals a collection of children's bones - two entire skeletons - and their neatly pressed and folded skins (expertly cut to preserve their integrity). A blond haired white girl and a little black girl, both about seven or eight years old. The bones matched the skin of the white girl, but the other set of bones are a little too tall to belong to the little black girl.

The two sets of canopic jars hold an assortment of disarticulated muscle tissue and viscera, clearly more than three little girl's worth. Perhaps it includes what came out of Hans too?

At the sight of it all, the Saint's mind reeled!

'These are the remains of someone's children! Someone is missing these girls! Their daughters! What would I do if something so brutally horrific ever happened to Faith?'

The Saint waivered a moment, then collapsed to the floor - having passed out at the thoughts...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 06:33:39 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2016, 03:39:22 pm »

"Oh my, how terrible," Sarapheen said somberly, grimacing at the sight of the remains.

Moving to the Saint, she lifted him up - "Are you going to be all right?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2016, 05:05:27 pm »

Saint felt himself go cold inside as he looked through the remains. The feeling didn't go away. He just started to feel more and more numb, though the Wrath within him grew hotter than he had ever known it to be, he couldn't feel it for his own horror. Unconsciousness was a welcome surprise.

When Giles Moreau comes to, waking in Sarapheen's arms, he is a Saint no longer.

Jerking back out of Sarapheen's grip, the Killer tells her - "Oh, my dear, don't you worry. I will be."

Can't say much the same for anything else though now can I...

Killer walks right back to where he'd thrown the cleaver to "Beats".

"I think I'll take this after all," he takes the cleaver into his hands and just barely resists the urge to lick the fresh blood off the blade.

"Beats, would you kindly take me to Jack?"

Killer has the hornets come back out of the briefcase and he sets the swarm crawling onto his own flesh, surrounding him. As he does this he casts two more spells, this time giving the remaining killer Hornets a series of long, serrated pincers and mandibles, to make their bites all the more dangerous, and re-casting control body to increase his initiative.

The Killer can hardly keep the smile off his face in anticipation of what he's about to do.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:17:39 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2016, 09:26:01 pm »

Beats looks Saint over quickly, he was clearly handling himself differently from normal. He had just found jars  full of children's remains though so Beats wasn't going to complain if he was mad.

"I'll open a portal into da storage room in da attic, should be an easy run to him from dere."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 05, 2016, 12:04:18 am »

"How many guards between him and me from there?", Killer asks, almost unable to contain his glee at the thought of finally indulging that primal desire... that need.

Oh, even now I can hear their screams...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:17:06 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2016, 12:10:03 am »

"Two in da room, and a barkeep."

Beats quickly checks the rest of the room "Is all this gonna be here when we return or should we loot it?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2016, 10:32:53 am »

"Hold on Beats," Sarapheen replies, "I don't think Jack knows about this vault; he's got way more money than this in the bank."

"This is probably all Mama Kark's; And given that it's hidden behind five feet of solid stone, we don't have to worry about any mortals making off with it."

"There will be time for counting 'the loot' afterwards."

"In the meantime, care to help me scry out the rest of the house? We should know where everyone is in it - not just Jack and those immediately around him."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2016, 10:37:57 am »

Killer seems to be getting antsy, "you can do that after sending me to the attic, can't you?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2016, 10:47:43 am »

"No, actually," Sarapheen interjects, looking at the Saint, like she is trying to get a read on him.

"For Beats to 'send' you, would require he go with you. Or take three hours to open a portal for you."

"I on the other hand, can open a portal for all of us, but we need to be prepared first."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2016, 10:56:40 am »

Killer starts to take a step towards Sarapheen... and stops.

I'm being stupid. Too long cooped up in this kindly sap. Patience.

"Alright. Is there anything we can do to help?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:31 pm »

Beats nods, calming down a little "Right, let's find dem all first, we can head to the attic after."

He sits down again to Scry out the house as much as possible for enemies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2016, 03:44:43 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Ground Floor
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:46:51 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2016, 03:44:50 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Upstairs

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:47:09 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2016, 03:44:55 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Attic Space

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:47:30 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

High Oaks Castle - Basement

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:47:50 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2016, 03:45:07 pm »

Scanning over the entire house (and grounds) with Sarapheen, Beats discovers all the placements of the Talon Securities Corp security detail.

The greeter is in the gatehouse, waiting on the arrival of the next shift - about forty-five minutes from now. He watches his tablet computer, which is tied into some security cameras and the tablet carried by the tech op in the Drawing Room with the team leader.

Jack Eaton Jr. and the manservant are still in the Pub.

As expected, the sniper is set up on the tower overlook, but also has two security drones (though they are currently parked).

The two grunts outside are stationed in their usual positions - one on the porch and one on the porch overlook above.

That leaves a grunt in the Armory, below the Pub, and one in the Foyer.

Jack's personal chef is in the Kitchen, in the midst of preparing the 6:00 pm dinner, for the scheduled meeting with Emend and Robor.

Jack's helicopter is out on the pad, as would be expected with him being home, while three fancy sports cars are in the garage - a Bentley, Rolls Royce, and Ferrari.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:02:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »

"OK, now that we know what we are up against," Sarapheen says, "We can hit the Attic."

She then holds a nearly invisible crystal prism in her hand and opens her heavenly portal - only this time, it is not overhead, being set at ground height, so everyone can simply walk in through it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2016, 04:12:19 pm »

Killer eagerly dashes through the portal, pulling out the Thirsty Cleaver as he does so, and makes his way to the bar room, intending to get close enough to see the two guards before beginning his attack.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2016, 04:36:11 pm »

"I am concerned by the Saint's rather odd change of behavior, following his coming to," Sarpheen remarks, watching the priest run towards the only way out of the Attic - a set of wooden stairs that she remembered went down to a secret door behind a bookcase in the Library below.

As he descended, the Saint (Killer) saw a red velvet rope stretched between two brass posts at the bottom of the steps - attached with brass hooks through rings at the top of the waist-height posts. It was the type of thing you would see at a fancy club or movie premier, where only those on some sort of list could pass.

Then, as he approached, a dark black shadow peeled itself from the wall - literally a shadow - looking like the silhouette cutout of a large bouncer.

The shade quickly reached down and unhooked the velvet rope from one end, opening it and standing to the side for the Saint (Killer) to pass - nodding at him approvingly.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »

Killer stops for a second.

Shadows. A sentient shadow. Kark had to be a necromancer, to make Hans. Probably made him using one of those kids she murdered.

Perhaps it's responding to the cleaver. Or maybe it's happy we killed the bitch.

He moves on past the shade, leaving it be for now. His concern at the moment was in blood. He can't stop thinking back those remains in the jars - those horrifically mutilated children...

Oh how they'll bleed.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 05, 2016, 04:54:18 pm »

"A priest seeing something so terrible done to something so innocent reacting poorly isn't unexpected," Emend replies, following Saint through the portal. "As long as he doesn't endanger anyone I don't see anything wrong with it."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2016, 06:58:20 pm »

Robor nods.
"It's weird, but we don't have time to worry about that now. We need to find that deed no?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2016, 08:06:57 pm »

Beats heads through with Robor "We'll keep an eye on him, though, Jack deserves what he'll get."

He offers to trade the sword for his cestus, may as well have the correct weapons for the fight

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2016, 01:24:16 pm »

"It's weird, but we don't have time to worry about that now. We need to find that deed no?"

"We may have to keep Saint alive first," Sarapheen replies with a frown, changing her appearance to her 'secretary look' and hurrying down the stairs after the Saint (Killer).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:28:43 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2016, 07:46:51 pm »

Robor nods. Fighting barehanded lacks in dignity. He removes the cestus and hand it to himself.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »

The naked man running through the house with a giant cleaver - and surrounded in hornets - causes no small stir among those manning the cameras (the greeter and the tech op).

"Shit!" The leader yells, seeing Saint (Killer) approaching their position; "Get the asset to the nest! Alert the cavalry!"

"Got one in the sitting room, coming toward gallery! Montero - how the fark he get past you?!?"

"Stay frosty, there could be more!"

The tech op takes Jack Eaton Jr. (and the manservant) and hurries out of the Pub towards the Billiard Room.

Unfortunately, the cameras caught sight of the Saint (Killer) the moment he stepped out of the Library, so the element of surprise is somewhat diminished, by the distance he still has to travel to get to the target.

As this goes on, Sarapheen, Beats, and Robor head down the wooden stairs out of the Attic and into the Library. The strange shadow silhouette continues to hold the velvet rope for them (allowing clear passage). Robor recognizes the thing as some kind of security spirit - though it doesn't appear to be doing a very good job at the moment.

An obnoxiously loud security siren then goes off - sounding like a car alarm at 150 decibels.

Now alone in the Attic Storage space above, Emend ignores the racket and begins searching around for any sign or clue as to where someone might hide a deed. He notes that the east wing of the castle's attic space is closed off by a sturdy-looking oak door with a brass handle.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2016, 01:47:30 pm »

Hmm, perhaps I should have taken a more roundabout way through the overlook. Oh well, no matter, now they'll get to look their death in the eye before it comes for them.

He lets loose the hornets, sending them after the guard leader he believes is in the drawing room, while continuing with his planned course after Eaton.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:52:47 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2016, 02:56:28 pm »

Emend looks in the direction the rest of the group ran off in. The alarm being sounded means they've been discovered. While Jack still had to die, they also still needed that deed in order to reclaim the castle. A task that would become much harder after this break-in.

"Reclaiming this castle is a larger blow to them than killing their pawn," Emend says to himself, reasoning this will be the most impactful course of action. Seeing the door as the most likely spot, he'll head over to it. Once there, he'll try to check if the door is enchanted with any magic before attempting to open it (he'll cast Supernal Vision on himself if need be).

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2016, 02:58:33 pm »

"Shit. That's not good. Saint must have tripped up the alarms." Robor says.

"We need to avoid the guards. Beats, can you see where they are heading to?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2016, 03:24:09 pm »

"Not sure but I'll find out."

He casts a spacial map so he can track everyone nearby and call out positions to his allies, he does this while running down the hall to try and get to the stairs to the helipad quickly.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:25:54 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2016, 09:27:00 am »

The Talon Securities team leader steps out of the Drawing Room into the Gallery and aims his FN PS90 at the Saint (Killer).

"STOP! ON THE GROUND NOW!!!" he yells, standing his ground - wondering what the deal is with all the hornets.

Clearly not stopping, the Saint sprints forward with enhanced speed - cleaver ready to open the man's neck!

A burst of fire spits from the team leader's tactical weapon, before Saint (Killer) can close the distance. Sarapheen's spell helps a few to graze off his sides - leaving deep furrows along his ribs - but two punch through, blasting all the air out of his now ruptured left lung!

Adrenalin spurs him onward and the Saint (Killer) swings his blade - watching the man parry it with his firearm. Not to be denied however, the cleaver finds the team leader's hand in the process, and chops off his pinky and ring fingers!

"FARK!" he yells at the loss of his minor appendages - then "FARK! WHAT THE FARK!!! AAAAG!!!" as the stinging hornets dive in on him and begin pumping bullet ant venom into his skin!

As this goes on, the grunt out on the Porch Overlook hurries into the Sitting Room - immediately spotting Sarapheen and the two disciples in the library. He stops in the opening and turns his weapon on Robor (in Beat's body) - "ON THE GROUND NOW!!!"

Sarapheen flicks her nearly invisible crystal prism at the man like a wand, opening her portal under his feet. He falls through with a surprised gasp and the portal closes.

"Sent him to an old sawmill I know of, in Michigan," Sarapheen says, "It's pretty remote and no cell phone signal there either."

With the threat of being shot temporarily abated, Beats tries to cast Spatial Map and finds that he has to yell at the top of his lungs to get any advantage from adding words of power, over the much louder alarm still going off.

Even so, the spell is successful and Beats 'sees' the Saint and team leader engaged in the Gallery down at the doors to the Drawing Room.

He also sees that the grunt from the Porch has now moved into the Kitchen with the chef; while the one in the Foyer has entered the Hall; and the one in the Armory is running up the stairs into the Pub above.

Beats also tracks Jack Eaton Jr. with his manservant and the tech op, as they climb the spiral stairs in the Billiard Room to the Tower overlook with the Sniper above.

Emend meanwhile, casts Supernal Vision and scrutinizes the door and surrounding area - seeing that a Ward and Ban blocked remote viewing and entry beyond the door.

Nothing was on the door itself, which meant that except for a simple lock in the knob, nothing prevented anyone from actually opening it to see what was on the other side.

The Ban meanwhile, appeared to be connected in some manner to the clothing that a person wore - meaning one probably had to be wearing the right thing to enter through the ward.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2016, 10:18:43 am »

Killer laughs madly, unmindful of the pain, and continues swinging with wild abandon.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2016, 01:03:41 pm »

Beats wants the crystal wand if that's the thing doing the instant portals then has an idea.

"Sarapheen, can you open a portal for me behind da sniper on da roof?" As he says this he pulls on his gas mask and readies a gas grenade.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2016, 02:32:43 pm »

"Yes," she replies, "but we should all go."

"Robor, get your mask on."

"I'll change my appearance again, so they can't use it against me later," she then explains, assuming Mama Kark's face and hair.

It's a bit mismatched (and somewhat disturbing), when coupled with her pert figure and fancy corporate attire.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:51:34 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2016, 06:10:48 pm »

"Gotcha." He replies "Just give me a couple o secs to go off first" He adds with a grin

He plans to move through the portal the moment it opens and body blow the sniper, casting evil eye on him right before contact.

He keeps the grenade ready in his off-hand

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2016, 10:59:57 am »

Robor nods, putting on his gas mask.

"What is Saint doing? Is he okay?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »

"Aside from being completely reckless," Sarapheen comments, "I think he is herding Jack right where we will be."

"Just hope he doesn't get himself killed."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:39:10 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2016, 12:26:30 pm »

Deciding that looking in the room would have to do, Emend uses Telekinesis to break the lock off.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2016, 11:36:02 am »

In the Gallery with the Saint (Killer) - and now swarming with the most unpleasant hornets in the history of forever - the Talon Securities team leader panics and empties the remaining twenty bullets of his clip into the Saint's chest!

Headless of the danger, the naked priest walks right into the long burst.

Not even Sarapheen's spell is enough to stand up to the devastating assault - as the Saint's chest is turned to hamburger!

Several major arteries are hit and his heart stops momentarily from the shock.

Blacking out, the Killer's psyche is thrust back into the prison of the Saint's mind - allowing his good and pious side once more to the fore.

Unfortunately, the Saint is still dying and remains unconscious, bleeding out on the fancy carpet.

The team leader continues to yell and curse at the incredibly painful stings and dives into the master bedroom and closes it off, in an attempt to escape the hornets' terrible wrath.

The gambit frees him from only a third of the swarm - who simply fly down to the bottom of the double French doors, to crawl in under them.

The man's cursing yells quickly turn into horrifying shrieks.

"The Saint has gone down!" Sarapheen remarks to Robot and Beats in the Library - Beats able to 'see' it with his spatial map.

"The tower will have to wait a minute," she says, pointing to the air over Beats' head - "I'll need you to catch him. Ready?"

Not waiting for the reply, the angel once again flicks her crystal prism - causing a portal to open a few inches above Beats' head.

Immediately, the Saint's near-lifeless body drops out of it and into Beats' waiting arms.

"Set him there on the couch," Sarapheen directs; "the damage looks too extensive for my magic to heal, but I may be able to stop the bleeding and stabilize him."

Robot and Beats watch, as Sarapheen lays hands on the Saint and allows her healing magic to flow through him.

After a few moments, the flesh has closed itself into a horrific mass of scar-tissue, covering the priest's chest - but at least he stops leaking all over the place.

Feeling like he has a dozen ice picks in his sternum, the Saint slowly comes to (the Killer gone) - remembering himself getting freaked out by what he saw in the boxes and canopic jars back in the vault, but unable to remember anything following that.

He must have blacked out - but how did he get here and why is he in so much pain? Something awful must have happened.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:27:34 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2016, 11:36:07 am »

As all this goes on, Emend casts Telekinesis and attempts to pull the doorknob off the door in the attic.

Bracing a foot on the door and physically pulling for all he's worth (combined with the force of the spell), is enough to rip the knob right off!

Emend goes flying across the floor and lands on his back with a heavy thump.

With the knob removed, it is a simple matter for Emend to turn open the latching mechanism with his handy switchblade.

Pushing the door open, Emend feels something invisible snag his arm.

It takes only a moment for him to figure it out, but the ban appears to be blocking his clothing (not himself) from entering the warded area.

Mama Mark's crazy ban must be 'ban all clothing except my own'.

The door meanwhile, continues to swing open, until a strange laboratory of some kind is revealed on the other side.

Emend sees a number of work benches, similar to the one down in the vault, only these are covered in an assortment of dark or plain colored fabrics and sewing paraphernalia.

What catches Emend's attention however, is a medium-sized dog kennel cage, covered with a sheet, on top of the far bench by another oak door with a brass knob.

Strange braided strands of knotted fabric have been arranged in unusual patterns around the cage, while a rather large diamond hangs directly over it - suspended from a silver wire, hanging off an iron nail in the low attic ceiling.

Something inside the cage snuffles around and then whines, sounding a lot like the cry of a bear cub looking for its mother.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:33:58 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2016, 01:35:30 pm »

"I'm glad no one is around right now," Emend thinks to himself, as he removes his clothes and enters the room. Once inside he'll begin to search for the will again, ignoring the cage for now.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2016, 01:44:26 pm »

"I healed what I could," Sarapheen says to Saint in the Library, "but you are really messed up."

"Can you make it back to the attic with Emend, while we pop onto the tower after Jack?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2016, 05:01:33 pm »

Beats looks initially worried but knows enough life magic to realize the Saints life is no longer in danger once the healing is over.

"We need to move quickly though, need to catch them by surprise." He says once the healing is done. He still plans to move through the portal immediately but preps one of the grenades so that he can drop/throw it the second he passes through the portal. He also pockets a stun gun ready to use.

"Need this nade going off up da moment I get through or I'm Farked." He mentions aloud, planning on using evil eye from his gauntlets on whoever reacts against him first.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:58:40 pm by Forge »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2016, 03:52:36 pm »

"I'm glad no one is around right now," Emend thinks to himself, as he removes his clothes and enters the room. Once inside he'll begin to search for the will again, ignoring the cage for now.

"Snuffle snuffle."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up