Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anton - Inquisition  (Read 18205 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Anton - Inquisition
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:01:00 am »

Anton leaves the rest of the Cotterie and goes off searching for his two aquaintances his Venice - the lovely lady Lucita de Aragorn, second to Tommaso, and Anna Sgorina, Heldric's second.

He first seeks out Lucita in her chambers in Narses' palace, where she resides with her Patron Tommaso.

---

Kiril walks with a purpose and intensity that almost surprises Saladin. The assassin has rarely seen the prince so heated. He's seen the same look in the dark one's eyes now in the eyes of men who have been cheated by lovers, all passion and fury.

After leaving with his retinue Kiril marched almost straight to Lucita's rooms, having his retinue stay behind outside the palace and ordering Saladin to do the same (a command Saladin blithely ignored). Following him Saladin begins to feel some degree of discomfort as he notices that Kiril begins calling on his powers of darkness, summoning little shadows into his path - this was highly illegal in Narses' own halls, if they were found...

Another few steps and Kiril shouts out - "I don't care! He's a traitor, a goddamned traitor, and he'll pay for this!"

A gasp of pain then, and Kiril falls to his knees.

"What... what is this..."

"no..."

He crumples to the ground then, and Saladin rushes to his side - poison? He searches Kiril's body for wounds, only to find nothing - and then the Lasombra sits back up again.

"Saladin. It's been too long."

Kiril then reaches around and hugs Saladin tightly, pulling him into as warm an embrace as a corpse can give, before standing up.

"I'm afraid i've had to reassert my influence over our dark prince for now. Things have become... complicated, and not just because of that  outburst. I'll explain more later, but for now, come, let us question the lovely Lucita."

Kiril turns and walks away without giving Saladin so much as a moment to absorb what's just happened.

---

When Anton reaches Lucita's chambers, he sees Kiril and Saladin already outside, Kiril in the process of knocking on the door.

Oh, now will you trust your brother, who even now colludes with the assassin? See how he follows him around so intently...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:56:33 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Anton - Inquisition
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 11:45:34 am »

Saladin stares at Kiril before saying the medieval equivalent of "What the Fark." Could it be? He seized control again? Atleast he appeared to be staying for the moment, that was good. But what about Kiril?

"Yes, prince Kiril.

He inadvertently smiles a little as  he follows him.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:29:48 am by Daedalus »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:50:53 pm »

Bother me with your hatred of my sire, Gabor. You have no skin in my dealings with my kin.

Anton walks up to his brother, nor sharing a single glance with the Assasimite.
"Brother. I see you had the same thoughts as I. Lucita should know what game Tomasso is playing."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 03:56:37 pm »

Kiril smiles warmly - a rare and wholly inappropriate expression to see on the mercurial prince's face - at Anton's appearance.

"Anton! Yes, yes, here to question Lucita about Tommaso and all that. You're welcome to join of course, Saladin and I simply wanted to get to questioning the right people as soon as possible. I trust Steepleton and Heldric will prove adequate in searching the scene of the crime, hmm?"

The door opens then, surprising the both of them. Lucita stands in the doorway, leaning against the frame, looking expectantly at the two Lasombra and the Assassin.

"Well, are you going to come in, or are you going to make me listen to you two loudly converse outside my door all night?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »

If there was one thing that connected the two childer of Basilio, it was their somber demeanor that countinually darkened everyone's mood. For Kiril to be so jovial, it's... Off.

Anton nods to Lucita. Another weird situation. One would think that the childer of the Archbishop would be less jovial.

"Yes, I suppose we should. Thank you Lucita." Anton says, in his general somber tone. He has no time for laughs, unfortunately.

"I will skip the pleasentries, if you do not mind. I understand that Tomasso is playing a game. Even the most feckless of crusaders wouldn't dare make such an obvious mockery of a trial. What is Tommasso aiming for?"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:31:45 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 11:35:14 pm »

Walking into the room with Anton, Kiril's eyes are immediately drawn to the side of the room, not far from where Anton stands, and he says - "Well, you can ask him yourself brother."

Bringing his attention to the corner of the room, Anton notices Tommaso hidden partway by the shadows in the room. On his face was a large smile.

"You've a keen eye, Prince Kiril. Yes, I am sorry about that, it just seemed like good politics to me.”

Stepping from the shadows, Tommaso continues rather flippantly, "I’m sure you’ll be able to prove your innocence. It is only a matter of time, I am just glad our arguments did not persuade the Prince.”

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 11:45:28 am »

"A dangerous game to play don't you think?" Saladin says with a neutral  look on his face. "But, if we win... Then the prince himself will thank us for finding the real killer. And i think thats a good thing."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 12:21:14 pm »

Stepping from the shadows, Tommaso continues rather flippantly, "I’m sure you’ll be able to prove your innocence. It is only a matter of time, I am just glad our arguments did not persuade the Prince.”
Anton's eyes widen at the appearance of Tommasso. It's aggravating that it's so easy to sneak up upon him.
"A dangerous game to play don't you think?" Saladin says with a neutral  look on his face. "But, if we win... Then the prince himself will thank us for finding the real killer. And i think thats a good thing."
"The Prince doesn't want justice, nor does he care about the arguments. He wants Heldric dead." Anton responds simply. "Heldric's a childer of Malakei, Narses wouldn't give up a chance to kill him legally. The show is rigged somehow."

"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »

“Of course - and on top of that, our cause has never been stronger! Leverage my good man! Even now the fool Lanzo is off sulking thinking only of destroying them, and not at all of the debates to come. While it is a shame that his childe had to die in the process I have to admit I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect distraction.” – Tommaso, gloating.

He laughs at his own good fortune, seemingly not even noticing that he had just said this to an assamite, of all people.

Anton's eyes widen at the appearance of Tommasso. It's aggravating that it's so easy to sneak up upon him. "The Prince doesn't want justice, nor does he care about the arguments. He wants Heldric dead." Anton responds simply. "Heldric's a childer of Malakei, Narses wouldn't give up a chance to kill him legally. The show is rigged somehow."

"Well come now brother you're a sight more clever than that aren't you? Narses might want Heldric dead but consider this - someone has come into his city, walked among the members of his court, dined of the blood of his chattel - and this person has violated his direct rule and treaty, and murdered someone under his protection. A terrible disrespect.

If he wanted Heldric dead, brother, he would have killed our comrade by now. That he has given us this chance to prove our innocence simply proves how badly he wants the real killer found.

Consider if the situation was reversed - if you had the chance to legally kill Narses under admittedly suspicious circumstances - and don't deny you want it, your bloodlust for the heretic is plain on your face whenever you speak of him - or hunt down an assassin in your midst - who would you pay the most attention to?"

Kiril speaks rapidly and elegantly, loquacious to a degree that surprises Anton - normally his brother is far more withdrawn.

He almost doesn't notice the 4 tendrils sprout out from the shadows behind Tommaso, even as they shatter each of the elder Lasombra's limbs, dragging him to the wall in the process. He certainly doesn't notice Kiril move with a shocking degree of speed - far more than he had ever thought his brother to be capable of - until Kiril's dagger is already hilt-deep into Tommaso's chest.

A brief look of outrage appears on Tommaso's face, soon replaced by lethargy. "Wha... poison..?"

"I must agree Tommaso, those were, in fact, excellent politics. I have the greatest appreciation for your political acumen - but i'm afraid nobody likes a snake. Consider this the only warning you'll get against future treachery."

Saladin notices that Lucita has gotten incredibly tense - but has not acted yet. Clearly the woman does not like her odds against what she presumes is the three of them.

Besides, Kiril had just displayed a level of precision and deadly strength that not a single person in that room had known him to be remotely capable of.

In Anton's mind, he hears a long, low whistle.

Now that's impressive. I'd like to cross blades with your brother - did you see that? No, of course you didn't, you blind ox, but he moved like a dancer - no, like a swordsman there. A true swordsman. I wonder if the assassin taught him that. His people make great warriors.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:14:54 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 10:39:58 pm »

Now that's impressive. I'd like to cross blades with your brother - did you see that? No, of course you didn't, you blind ox, but he moved like a dancer - no, like a swordsman there. A true swordsman. I wonder if the assassin taught him that. His people make great warriors.
You may get the chance. There's no way that was Kiril, and the assasin's want our blood. You can read our history. Kiril was never like this.

They're gonna try and remove us all to destroy the Crusade entierly.
Anton says, reaching for his blade and letting loose tendrils to surround Saladin from his mouth and arms.

He'd try against the fake Kiril, but his speed must be far too great. If he can remove one foe, Lucita and him could maybe deal with the remaining. Husayn was enough to absolutely demolish Basilio by himself. The three of them can't deal with two.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 11:18:31 pm »

Kiril is a blur to Anton's eyes, even as instincts he never knew had had compel him to raise his sword to block the poisoned dagger, the Lasombra summons a series of tendrils originally intended to incapacitate Saladin, but which he now dedicates to his own defense - lest his "brother" butcher him. He knows from Tommaso's reaction that if the dagger so much as scratches him it's all over.

A flurry of blows then, as Kiril systematically destroys each of Anton's summoned tendrils, his dagger somehow cutting through the supernatural shadows as if they were butter.

Anton is pressed back, almost panicking by now. How terrible it would be, to die now to the poisoned blade of an assassin? The last time he'd been so hard-pressed it had been against Husayn himself - a killer for the ages. Could the assamites have another such master here, in Venice?

However, as soon as he thinks back to that cold night in the depths of Basilio's labyrinth, something seems to spark within him. All of a sudden, he feels as if he's fighting back his Beast - except this Beast is a far more cunning creature than that thing of pure instinct Anton has grown accustomed to. This Beast has a name, and his vice is rage.

The way he moves...

Anton stops backing away from Kiril, and as his brother slips inside his guard to deal the finishing blow, he knows.

HUSAYN

Anton feels himself catch Kiril's hand before the dagger can sink into his stomach, and he then crushes it - melding bone and flesh and fingers together, ruining the apendage. Kiril's shock doesn't last long enough for Anton's second blow to get through, as the Dark Prince ducks the Black Lord's
fist and jumps back, landing lithely on his feet.

"Now where'd you learn that trick, I wonder..." Kiril murmurs.

"Same place you learned yours, I imagine," Gabor says through Anton's lips.

Anton can feel twin black longswords forming in his hands as Gabor asserts more and more control, taking advantage of Anton's powers and applying his own.

Gabor grins through Anton's mouth and drops into an agile fighter's stance, gesturing to Kiril.

"Shall we, assassin? Perhaps you can redeem yourself for your failure in Sophia"

Kiril goes completely still at this.

"Oh Anton, you poor child. What the hell did you do to yourself?"

By this time, Lucita has summoned her own blade and armour - but she remains outside of the fight, clearly unwilling to engage as of yet. Saladin can tell that she's keeping an eye on him, however, and that if he enters the fight he might draw her attention.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 06:23:10 am »

Saladin looks at the two brothers.

"For the love of all things holy, he just had to start a fight. Bah." He mutters under his breath. "Stay out of it." He says with a commanding tone. Should she not stay out of stay out, he will use his full force of movement of the mind. (I've forgotten to edit it into his disciplines, but its 1000pounds.)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 12:48:08 pm »

...Husayn? Anton thinks, as Gabor suddenly takes over, catching Anton off guard.

What? But... what?

Anton mentally shrugs it off. It's not the time for indiscision. Gabor can't be let to try and kill Husayn, nor would it acomplish anything. Husayn wouldn't have framed Anton. Never.

He pushes his mind foward, willing himself to get past Gabor.
"Lucita. Stop me. This isn't the assasin we are looking for." Anton says, trying to lock eyes with the Lasombra. He won't be able to hold off Gabor for long like this, but the swordsman should get bored shortly.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »

"I will only hold him back." Saladin says to the woman as he uses movement of the mind hold Anton down.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »

Anton stops himself completely still and manages to force out his comment to Lucita through gritted teeth. Stunned, the woman stays put for a second while Saladin mutters a word of power, levitating Anton midair and pulling his limbs out in front of him. However, before anyone can utter a word of complaint, Kiril's poisoned dagger has already pierced Anton's dread heart, and the Ashen lord feels his consciousness slipping away while Gabor rages within him...

---

"Don't you worry about that dear, the poison only has a lethargic effect, I would not kill my brother - nor would I kill the representative of the crusaders here in Narses' own palace, no, then i'd have to kill Narses himself to get out of it.

I'm thankful Anton managed to restrain Gabor long enough for us to remedy the situation. I trust no one shall know what happened here tonight, yes?"

Lucita sits elegantly in one of the venetian palace's finely ornate and distinctly uncomfortable velvet-lined chairs.

"You still hold on to this farce and call him your brother? He recognized you as an assassin himself. A dead one no less, Husayn."

Kiril winces at that, "It's a complicated story my dear, but I am, in fact, Kiril. You may feel my flesh, to know that it is not an illusion of the mind such as those cast by the Nosferatu. You may bring in a seer, even, to hear my words and judge them true. Husayn was a mentor of mine and of Saladin, I learned to fight in his style, a style which Gabor recognized. You cannot deny the efficiency of the assamites when it comes to the art of death, yes?"

Lucita gives her quiet acquiescence.

"And this Gabor? Was he not the former prince of Sofia? Has the fleshcrafter disguised himself as Anton?"

"No, I would have noticed that if it were the case by now... Gabor was not the subtle type, he was a warrior through and through. I believe that Basilio sent Anton on a mission to kill Gabor in Constantinople. I think that Anton succeeded... and perhaps a little too well."

A look of horror crosses Lucita's face, "Diablerie? Anton partook of Gabor's heartsblood?"

"Yes, it would seem so. Who can know what desperation drove him to kill Gabor in such a fashion, or if my beloved sire gave the order himself? However it happened, Gabor lives inside of Anton now, and seeing my style - so similar to Husayn, for whom he apparently has some grudge, must have ignited within him the rage to seize control of Anton. I believe he should be fine once he wakes, however I will have to take my leave."

"Before I go, however, I have one more question... I was interested in your opinion regarding our case, who do you think it might be? Could your master have been involved?"

Lucita considers that for a second, then shakes her head, "No, it crossed my mind, but he has too much to lose, and seems adamant about your allies’ innocence, at least behind closed doors. If he were the killer I would hope that he’d have the decency to at least attempt at putting blame onto someone else with a bit more success."

She continues, “Bloodroot is extremely rare and nearly impossible to turn against vampires, and even if one were to do so it would need to be handled with such care as its touch will kill any one of us. No, this was no thug nor was it some simple crime of distraction, we’re dealing with a truly tactful killer who has a great deal of skill with using these poisons.” – Lucita

“Anyone in particular you have in mind?” – Kiril

A pause then, and Lucita looks over Kiril's shoulder to where Saladin stands.

"It's okay dear, anything you can say to me, you can say to Saladin. He has been accused as well, after all."

Lucita looks Kiril straight in the eye then.

"Well, I really would think you would know, wouldn't you? What with your close relations with them and everything."

Kiril sighs and rubs his forehead, “The assassins? Here? Why would they frame us - and Saladin no less - in this crime?”

“I do not know, but I have seen their work in Spain and in Transylvania, I have no doubt they have agents here as well.” – Lucita.

"Thank you for your time dear. I suppose i'll have to continue my line of questioning elsewhere. Please give my regards to both Master Tommaso and my brother once they wake up."

---

(Continued here: http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=2163.0 )

---

When Anton wakes up, it is to the shouts of a furious Tommaso.

"That brat will burn for this! Attacking me in an Elysium, with assassin magicks no less!"

Lucita appears to be trying to calm her patron down. "He did no lasting damage, it was simply a warning..."

"Ha! A warning! He stuck a knife into my heart and you call that a warning!"

You FOOL! We had him! He was crippled, he was alone, he wasn't prepared, he was in that weakling's body - we could have cut the assassin down!

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 10:23:56 pm »

Youre fight is with Basilio. Not Husayn. Not Kiril. Not anyone else, Gabor. Anton mentally replies, forcefully.

"You won't be burning anyone Tomasso. You made sure of that when you made us the prime suspects in this farce." Anton replies, anger mixing into his voice. His thoughts are not, however, at all interested in the matter at hand anymore.

Then, Kiril devoured Husayn? Is that the sin Boukephos referred to? Why?

"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 10:55:44 pm »

You think you can tell me who my quarrels are with, child? I should kill these two right here and now. Understand something, boy, you may have eaten my soul, but you still don't know a damned thing about me.

Tommaso turns to face Anton with a sneer, "Ah, the treacherous leper knight wakes. You defend your brother, even as he reveals himself to be a murderer? A traitor? One who would violate the very rules of Elysium?! Get out of here lest I change my mind about keeping this a clan matter!"

How the hell should I know? You were there, weren't you?

But I'd recognize that style anywhere. Those subtle, deceptive movements, the combination of brutal force with incredible finesse... Did you know that all Assamites fight like snakes? When they are about to kill an unaware target, they are as shadows and whispers. A ghost - no, a premonition that passes through a place, stealing the life from it as they do. But in the open, when they are forced to confront another, they suddenly become loud, flashy, elaborate. They wave their swords in circular patterns, to deceive and occupy the eye. They launch a flurry of easily parried strikes to distract from the one, suddenly brutal strike to end the fight, or the poisoned dagger that they snuck out of a hidden pocket. They stomp their feet as they move to disguise the slight pivots and delicate movements of their attack patterns and provide the illusion of extreme aggression and a set plan of action.

Husayn was a true master, one of only two swordsmen i've ever been bested by. He knew that style so well that I'm fairly certain most of the other assamites learned it from him. And I know, that whatever else might be true, that was Husayn.

Maybe you'd know too, if you could tell your ass from your mouth. Then again, taking a look into a mirror I can understand why you'd be confused.

You're a fleshcrafter now, you know. You could fix that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:57:42 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 11:57:05 pm »

We have much to discuss, yes. Anton replies. But your quarrels are mine now. And I will not kill my brother, even if he ate Husayn. Perhaps especially so.

"I got attacked just as you did Tomasso. Treachery isn't in my veins, nor in Kiril's." Anton spits out.

I am not nearly so vain to care about my physical apearance anymore. One of the more pathetic aspects of your clan. Beatifying yourselves to please the kine's tastes. Absolutely silly.

How did you destroy his arm? Was that a simple extension of fleshcrafting? I always assumed it required tools.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 11:41:27 pm »

The man broke his word to me. His honour is a lie. For that, he will burn, no matter whose body he hides in.

"So what, you say that wasn't your brother? Perhaps I should spread news that a man matching Kiril's exact description is secretly an assassin who has infiltrated Narses' court and begun attacking its members, yes? How long do you think your brother would last then, hmm? The night? Or perhaps he'll be dragged out of wherever he sleeps in the middle of the day, who knows?"

With that threat made, Tommaso storms out of the room, presumably to go lick his wounds in peace.

Gabor, meanwhile, bursts out laughing in Anton's head, Hahahahahaha! Husayn could slaughter this fool's whole court right under his own nose and he'd never know a damned thing! He may be a bastard but he's certainly not working against Narses in this.

Aesthetics are an important detail to keep mind of Anton, if not for reasons of vanity then for reasons of battle. You could make yourself more terrifying, grant yourself a greater force of presence, more impressive features. You need not make yourself into a doll like that Lucien fellow who was killed by those wolves.

I destroyed his arm much like I ruined your body when you came to fight me. That was not an application of strength, when we fought I molded your flesh and bones as if it were clay.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 07:54:43 pm »

The man broke his word to me. His honour is a lie. For that, he will burn, no matter whose body he hides in.
The entire concept of honor is a lie, Gabor. There are no honorable men. Otherwise we'd still be in the Garden, and none of us would be cursed as such.

Anton turns to Lucita.
"What happened after I went out?" Anton asks
Hahahahahaha! Husayn could slaughter this fool's whole court right under his own nose and he'd never know a damned thing! He may be a bastard but he's certainly not working against Narses in this.

Aesthetics are an important detail to keep mind of Anton, if not for reasons of vanity then for reasons of battle. You could make yourself more terrifying, grant yourself a greater force of presence, more impressive features. You need not make yourself into a doll like that Lucien fellow who was killed by those wolves.

I destroyed his arm much like I ruined your body when you came to fight me. That was not an
application of strength, when we fought I molded your flesh and bones as if it were clay.

I doubt I need to appear more intimidating. The abyss lingers around me. I'm lucky mortals don't instantly lynch me.

It's such a simple extension? I can see why you bothered to learn how to brawl then.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »

Oh, bore me some more with your self-hating dogma why don't you? Learn to enjoy the gift you've been given, Anton! Immortality, skill, the potential to become so much more than you ever could have been while mortal! Why must you think this a curse?!

Anton involuntarity grimaces as Lucita answers him - it's becoming painfully distracting, holding two separate conversations at the same time - one with her and another with Gabor. As a result he doesn't notice Lucita's guarded tone or watchful eyes.

"Nothing. Kiril apologized for the mess and explained that you had an episode. He then told me you would be fine when you woke up, informed me that the poison was simply a sedative. He asked me if I thought my master was responsible, I told him that I did not, and that the work seemed very much like what the assamites have done in the past. He seemed to accept my explanation then left, I assume to further investigate matters."

Then consider the other applications! You see yourself as a servant of god, do you not?

Or no, perhaps more? Perhaps you imagine yourself some dark facsimile of your Lord? Perhaps that's why you keep that poor monk around. Would you give him wings, call him your angel? There would certainly be something poetic in it, the virtuous penitent turned into a monstrous caricature.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »

Oh, bore me some more with your self-hating dogma why don't you? Learn to enjoy the gift you've been given, Anton! Immortality, skill, the potential to become so much more than you ever could have been while mortal! Why must you think this a curse?!
How could I not? Immortality, skill, the potential, all for nothing. This world is only meant to lead to the eternal kingdom, and I have no place there.

All of this, and it is all for not. We toil for nothing.

"Nothing. Kiril apologized for the mess and explained that you had an episode. He then told me you would be fine when you woke up, informed me that the poison was simply a sedative. He asked me if I thought my master was responsible, I told him that I did not, and that the work seemed very much like what the assamites have done in the past. He seemed to accept my explanation then left, I assume to further investigate matters."

"That was not Kiril, Lucita. I can only assume Kiril is there, somewhere, but he was not in control then. Not at all." Anton says.

"I do not think it is the Assimites, or at least, not orchestrated by their clan as a whole. It's a sloppy mess. There are hundreds of ways to frame innocents conclusively, this is not one of them."
Then consider the other applications! You see yourself as a servant of god, do you not?

Or no, perhaps more? Perhaps you imagine yourself some dark facsimile of your Lord? Perhaps that's why you keep that poor monk around. Would you give him wings, call him your angel? There would certainly be something poetic in it, the virtuous penitent turned into a monstrous caricature.

I swore my soul to the Lord, I am his servant, disgraced and nothing more, Gabor. I did a disservice to Joseph, I will not torment him like that.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 08:56:15 pm »

This IS our eternal kingdom. This world is our heaven.

Lucita looks confused for a second.

"Why do you assume the goal was to frame you?"

Oh, not like that will you? But you are happy to torment him in other ways. Making him continue to live, for example. Why be so picky?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 09:10:01 pm »

This IS our eternal kingdom. This world is our heaven.
"Heaven is not this, Gabor. It is the physical manifestation of the Lord. The destruction of the self, the unification of all men. We can not even gaze upon the sun, feel the warmth of the Archangel. Nothing.

"Why do you assume the goal was to frame you?"

"The goal wasn't to frame us. It could have been done in a much better manner. But they targeted my group, handing them the poison. If they wanted to simply get away with the murder, they could have simply killed him cloaked to look like one of us, in public. Instead, they create circumstantial evidence that forces Narses to delay the judgement.

The assasination wasn't the end goal, I think. The distraction from the matters at hand is leadig to something.."

Oh, not like that will you? But you are happy to torment him in other ways. Making him continue to live, for example. Why be so picky?

I sinned when I returned him. I did the one thing that the cursed should never do. I know why I am damned, Gabor. But I will not further twist him. He deserves none of what I inflicted upon him.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:42:48 am by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 08:53:30 am »

Bah, enough of this. It's like talking to a gullible wall. Disgusting, warped faith and iron-hard convictions. Find your damned servant and find your damned brother before Husayn begins killing.

Any further attempt Anton might make to talk to Gabor simply leads to a near tangible mental disaproval.

"It is. I believe that what's happened might just be the first step of a larger plan, made to look like an incompetent frame-job. It's the killing itself that leads to my suspicions - Roland's death was far too expertly done to have been committed by an untrained hand. Perhaps you should go see Vendramino? He could tell you more about how Roland died.

Either way, i'd question Khadijah Saada, head of the Ashirra delegation. He might have some ties to the Assamites that would inform him of their doings in the city."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »

Anton shakes his head at the mention of the necromancer.
"I'm fairly certain the other accused will find the identity of the killer. We need to figure out the scheme, that matters more then who killed one of us. The Assasin's game is putting the Crusade itself in jeopardy. We should never have had anything to do with this holy venture." Anton says, dismayed.

"The Ashirra deligation would certainly benifit from that, yes." Anton nods.

"We will discuss more later, Lucita." Anton then adds, turning and heading out. He needs to talk to the Ashirra.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 12:55:18 pm »

As Anton leaves he notes Joseph's absence again, perhaps it would be better to have him by his side when he visits the Ashira?

No, with Gabor on his side he was safe enough to ensure survival, for now it is better that Joseph keeps track of Kiril's favoured.

9th of August, 1202; 3:14am
The Rooms of Khadijah Saadah
The Domain of Narses
Prince of Venice

Whereas Tommaso and Lucita kept their rooms devoid of reflection, the Ashirra delegate seemed to hold them in fascination. It was distracting as Anton entered, as he was surrounded on each side by a reflection that went on forever, a constant reminder of the monster within - a thousand skeletal rotting corpses with his eyes. He is uncomfortable.

“I believe that if we stare long enough we might see something of ourselves.” – Khadijah, at Anton's entrance.

"Welcome, Prince Kronstadt. How may I be of service?"

As Anton's  eyes gloss over the room he spots a cross and a bible.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »

Anton nods, averting his eyes from the cross. It is not his right to gaze upon the book, or the holy cross.

"At first, I thought it was my salvation, Lord Khadijah." Anton says with a rueful chuckle. "God had other plans, of course."

"I didnt suspect the Ashirra to send a christian delagate." He then adds, trying to hide his surprise.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 08:22:37 pm »

“Yes, not all Ashirra are Moslem. I myself have found the church as comforting in death as I did in life. Please, I hope that your friends are doing well, I argued for your and their immediate release when we met with the Prince.” – Khadijah.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 12:32:11 am »

"I fear I do not know enough about the Ashirra, Khadijah. It is a failure of mine."

"And it is greatly appreciated, lord." Anton states. "I fear that this botched framing is simply a stepping stone for the assasins."

"The only assasins I can imagine with the skill to kill a Ventrue with such ease are the assamites. But they gain nothing from killing simply one side of the debate for the crusade."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 06:46:05 am »

At mention of the assassins Khadijah visibly shudders and, looking over her shoulder she says:

“I have thought so too, but I haven’t heard anything of them being here in Venice. I am here to try to turn the war away; I cannot see how killing one of the delegates helps our cause.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 02:12:54 pm »

At mention of the assassins Khadijah visibly shudders and, looking over her shoulder she says:

“I have thought so too, but I haven’t heard anything of them being here in Venice. I am here to try to turn the war away; I cannot see how killing one of the delegates helps our cause.”
"I do not understand. Why do you not support the crusade?" Anton asks

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:17 pm »

"Why do you support war? A greed-fueled rampage across the world, the slaughter of innocents - rape, fire and death disguised as the Lord's will. All against my people. I would deny the world this war it wants so badly."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 09:58:10 pm »

"The fact that the Ventrue are corrupting the Crusade doesnt mean that we must fight against it, only that we must fight against them." Anton replies.

"But that is no matter, I suppose. Would it matter if the assasin's clan forbid it? Kindred loyalties are fickle, perhaps he was hired by another source?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 01:18:58 pm »

Khadijah shakes her head, "No assassin bound to the clan would dare. They have a very strict hierarchy. The clan hunts down rogues with horrific prejudice, and there are very few alive who would be able to hide from the Amr and his sorcerers.

If assassins are at work here, it is at the orders of the heads of the clan, but as I said, I could not imagine why they would have killed Roland."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 02:26:26 pm »

"Very well. Thank you for your time, lord Khadijah." Anton says. Now he just needs to find Brother Joseph.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 05:38:37 pm »

Returning to the Lord Narses' palace, Anton heads for the southern tower overlook. It's just a guess, but he assigned Joseph to watch over Kiril's servants and a high vantage point on the most dimly lit tower seemed most appropriate...

To his distress, he hears angry voices ahead as he approaches - or rather, one angry voice, that of Joseph. He can't quite make out the words but the intent in them is clear.

Oh? Now what's our fallen angel gotten himself up to?

Anton suddenly finds himself inflamed by Gabor's statement. "Our" fallen angel. It doesn't sit right with him. Would this foul monster in his skull dare claim ownership of Joseph?

Approaching, the scene is revealed to Anton - Joseph, standing low in a defensive position, summoned shadow-blade held loosely in his right hand, other hand ready to summon shadow magics as necessary. Ahead of him...

Oh my. Old friends! How wonderful!

The gargoyle. Anton can't remember his name (Max something?) but the beast stands in front of Joseph, its hands up, looking almost... sheepish?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 09:53:06 pm »

Ugh. Anton sticks to the shadows, splitting the gargoyle's own shadows into nightshades. The gargoyle shouldn't be able to notice the shadows.

Watch the monk, Gabor. I want to know why.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:08 pm »

The gargoyle doesn't, but Joseph does, as Anton notices him tensing, his eyes closing to suspicious slits.

"I don't believe you. Last time you attacked Anton out of nowhere, now I find you here..." 

The gargoyle keeps his hands up, and backs away, "The Master was angry with my actions last time, for now I am to wait for his signal before crushing his countless enemies beneath my heels. As much I would enjoy visiting slaughter upon those too foolish to kneel in my Lord's presence, I have been commanded to show restraint. I will not fight you until I have been released from my oath." Maximus then slowly puts his hands behind his back and then stands both straight and proudly.

"I regret that my ruse has been discovered. As you were not present I did not think you would notice I was not truly a battlement decoration, but Anton must have described me to you. I apologize for my disrespect. If you still wish to fight, I shall descend and request permission from the Master to defend myself. From your stance you are a warrior. I shall give you an honourable death."

Joseph holds his stance for a bit longer before he closes his eyes and sighs, dispelling the dark blade.

"Alright. Well, if you're going to keep watch I could use the company, it's been a bit boring just watching these guys all day."

"Ah, I understand, your master is selfish and has not given you a companion. Master has allowed me to keep Minimus at my side, he is my dearest friend."

The gargoyle holds out his arm and form the folds of his wings crawls a huge grey rat with eery red eyes, thick, spindly fur and abnormally sharp, large fangs and claws. It climbs up to Maximus' shoulder and nuzzles his neck affectionately.

"With him, I am never alone, and no matter how long Master sends me away I am content."

"It's good of him to do so, but I don't think I would ever have it in me to do this to anyone for the sake of companionship. I am happy to be alone, Maximus, if it means no one else must suffer as I do."

He knows you are here, Gabor says.

He's telling you not to worry, I think. Shall you take his words to heart?

"As for an honourable death - I do not think you would have found that so easy - if I began to lose I believe Anton would interfere. He's invested too much into me to let me die for something so trivial, is that not so, brother?"

Joseph looks out over the wall, it is Maximus who turns and searches the shadows before finding Anton.

"Ah, I am getting complacent. I did not notice you, lesser master."

Heh. I like this gargoyle. He's got balls. Seems loyal to a fault too.

You think he pulls that provocative persona on purpose?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:22:49 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 11:24:42 pm »

The gargoyles themselves are masterful creations. The tremere may have been foolish to self inflict this curse, but the results are... impressive, to say the least.

Anton smiles.
"Send Steeple my regards, gargoyle. Watch Kiril carefully."

"We shall speak later, brother." Anton states, turning on his heel and heading back to his lodgings. Give the monk space. That is what he needs now, more then ever.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 12:49:06 am »

"Master will be delighted to know you think of him," Maximus says, pleased at Anton's departing words.

Joseph simply turns away, and looks back down at the others. Following his eyes for a moment, Anton is surprised that Joseph does not watch Barabus - clearly the most dangerous of Kiril's retinue - but he seems to follow Carinus and Sherazhina with his eyes.

Of all Kiril's servants, those two were the closest... and unlike him, still human.

So much sadness there. I almost wish I hadn't killed him.

Another bit of anger flares up within Anton at the mention of that night. He sees Joseph again, splayed open, his ribs exposed, his blood covering the floor...

As he looks down, he notices Saladin talking to Kiril's servants - and then sees him go into the palace. Is he really returning to his lodgings? Where's Kiril?

He then also notes Barabus getting up and... leaving the palace? Where was he going without Kiril's permission?

"Look at that, the two captains are following him out," Maximus says. Though Anton cannot see this, he assumes Maximus is referring to Hashim and Elias - the only two ghouls among their retinues who held those titles.

"Perhaps they wish to challenge the large one to combat? He would make a formidable foe. I shall request that the master allow me to challenge him. He gazes upon him with disrespect, his blood and pride will make a suitable gift."

Maximus bows his head to Anton and Joseph both, an endearing sign of humbleness from the proud monster, and then leaps off the battlements, extending his wings and making his way out of sight without a sound.

"Well brother, who do I keep an eye on? Elias and Barabus or Carinus and Sherazhina? Or are we to go after Saladin?

There is also the matter of the case, we need to share our findings with the others and clear our names before long."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 09:49:07 am »

Anton shakes his head.
"Don't bother with any of them, brother. We needed to find Kiril, but it looks like he's gone." Anton says, wrapping shadows around the two.

"Kiril devoured Husayn." He says simply.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2017, 03:14:18 pm »

Joseph doesn't say anything for a while.

When he does speak, it's short - "That... Is not good."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

Joseph doesn't say anything for a while.

When he does speak, it's short - "That... Is not good."
"Far from it. The ramifications with Basilio will be.. severe."

But it is of good consequence now. I have no doubts that Husayn will find the assasin in the meantime. We need to figure out the purpose of the assasination instead, now."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2017, 07:05:23 pm »

Joseph rubs at his face a bit, then turns to face Anton, "Your comrades then? They should have found out something, at least."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2017, 07:12:06 pm »

Joseph rubs at his face a bit, then turns to face Anton, "Your comrades then? They should have found out something, at least."
"Perhaps." Anton says.

"We should meet up with them shortly."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2017, 11:45:38 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up