Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saladin, Kiril - Betrayed  (Read 6880 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Saladin, Kiril - Betrayed
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:40 pm »

Once outside of Narses' palace, Kiril leads Saladin to a rather secluded alleyway, where he immediately begins scalling the walls of the building. With a sort of shrug, Saladin mutters a word of power and floats himself up to his companion on the roof.

"I've cloaked us for now, no one will see or hear us, unless their senses happen to be so formidable that there would be no point in trying to hide from them to begin with."

Kiril is quiet for a second then, "What do you think? Are our kin responsible for this killing?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:36:56 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Saladin, Kiril - Betrayed
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 03:30:16 am »

Saladin says nothing at first. He just floats in the air with a thoughtful look on his face. "Perhaps."

"Fariq is the only one i can think of. He has a motive, and harbours extreme aggression towards Anton, Basilio,You" he gestures at kiril who isn't Kiril. "And he likely harbours a grudge towards me for turning him down."

He shrugs. "IF its one our kin, he is the most likely suspect. Though I've not heard anything of him leaving Constantinople."

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:09:29 am by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:51:59 pm »

Kiril shakes his head, "I doubt it is Fariq. He does not possess the tact for something like this, nor would he even have to go through such elaborate lengths - Fariq could probably kill Anton just by walking past him and stabbing him with a poisoned blade - Kiril's brother is hardly the most perceptive of the dead, though I suspect now that Gabor would warn Anton if some such thing would come to pass, not wanting to die himself.

I believe I know who it is... but I really hope i'm wrong. Saladin, you must continue the investigation yourself, i'm afraid. There is someone I must go see tonight. You may not see me again for a few days, I apologize for the secrecy but it is not something I can help at the moment."

Kiril pulls out a piece of parchment paper and cuts his finger, pressing it to the parchment and using the nail like a pen to quickly (and no doubt painfully) write out a message in his own blood.

"Give these to Kiril's servants and then go visit the head of the Ashirra delegation, Khadijah Saadah, and question him. The message is simply giving them permission to do as they wish in the city. I am somewhat worried about what Barabus might do to Steeple if he's given free reign, and what Carinus might do to invoke the ire of Narses, but I will unfortunately be unable to fulfill the role of their master and friend while the situation persists."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:11:44 am »

"Fariq, anyone else. It makes no matter to me. The end result will still be same." He looks away into the darkness before continuing to speak. "Do not be so quick to determine this by yourself. I have lost you once, and I will not lose you again." He says the last part very sternly. "Lest i'll burn this city to ground looking for you."

Saladin looks at the man while he's writing out the messages. "You could have asked for a quill and paper you know."

"I will have Hashim watching Barabus. I will warn Carinus against gaining the ire of the prince. Perhaps he'll rediscover mortal food." 

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:18:09 am »

Kiril smiles sadly, "Don't worry about that my friend, if it is who I think it is then we are in no danger, though I worry greatly for our dark prince's company.

The blood is so that his ghouls recognize it comes from him. I am certain they would be suspicious of you otherwise. Tell Hashim to be careful, you were not here for when Kiril achieved possession of Barabus, but I assure you, he is much more than he seems. I have no idea what he's capable of since he was purged of the demon that once inhabited him, but he is far more dangerous than any mortal man has right to be.

Farewell, Saladin. May Haqim guide your blade."

With that, Kiril vanishes into the night.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

"And coming with a message written in blood wont be suspicious at all." He mutters as he floats down to ground.

"Hashim, i'm sorry. But i have a task for you." He says to the man in authorative tone. "I need you to watch the giant of a man, Barabus. Apparently he may try to kill Steeple. If he does, stop him if you can, otherwise kill him."

Husayn didn't need that demon infested filth around. Still, he had to admitt Barabus were an fascinating man.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 07:17:54 pm »

Hashim bows his head and replies in Arabic, "Of course, my Lord. Am I to protect the mad sorcerer from any other threats I may find as well?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 08:06:23 am »

"I'll leave that to you. I'm sure you'll do the right thing." He replies. "Don't die." He said with a smile. "Now, let us return to them and hand them this letter."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 09:01:15 am »

"Of course, emyr Salah."

Hashim stands and follows Saladin back down to where Carinus, Barabus, Elias and Sherazhina wait. Elias and Barabus, hateful as they are of one another, have secluded themselves in a corner of the palace away from the other ghouls, where the two sharpen their weapons and glare sullenly at each other. Carinus and Sherazhina, meanwhile, seem to be mingling with the other ghouls - Carinus in particular seems to have been given a table and commandeered ingredients from the palace kitchens with which he has begun to cook for the public. Many seem to be enthralled by the ghoul's impressive knife-work and the artful result of his efforts.

Sherazhina seems to have gained an unsurprising number of courtiers, each doting on her as if she were their own domitor. They wait on her as she sits at Carinus' table to sample the fruit of his efforts.

As Saladin approaches them all Hashim slinks away to begin stalking the giant.

"I shall follow him wherever he chooses to go, Emyr. I shall not fail," he says in parting.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 08:26:56 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up