Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hell Are We?  (Read 15237 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
The Hell Are We?
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:59:25 am »

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:17:35 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: The Hell Are We?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:07 pm »

Passing through the portal, Robor and Beats felt their feet abruptly fall out from under them again - like when they had followed Mama Kark through her own portal - only this time, the ground waited a bit longer to come up and meet them.

Sarapheen meanwhile, coming through the portal after them, screamed the moment she came into view - crying in great anguish - as her body literally tore itself asunder before their very eyes.

She was gone before they even hit the ground.

Moments later, Robor, Beats, and Jack Eaton Jr.'s body, crashed down into the sides of a muddy crater of some kind. Fortunately, the earth was soft here, and sloped enough to absorb most of the impact - the wind getting knocked out, being the worst of the landing.

Looking up, Sarapheen's portal could be seen about thrity feet overhead - before unraveling with an electric zorch - and ceasing entirely.

Obviously, they had not portaled to the attic storage space in High Oaks Castle as planned. In fact, the castle couldn't be seen anywhere - nor its environs for that matter.

Robor and Beats found themselves on the edge of a large bog-filled crater, in some unknown fog-shrouded wood. Colors seemed dull and muted here, while the trees appeared twisted and reaching. Shadows deepened unnaturally and seemed to flicker (or occasionally move of their own accord). Through breaks in the gray mist, glimpses of the sky could be seen - boiling with dark threatening clouds - while an oily black ribbon of foul viscous fluid inexplicably drifted sinuously across the firmament itself.

At the southeast horizon, a tall imposing skyline could be made out above the trees - high in the air - much too high in fact to be anything one would encounter on earth. Wherever 'here' was, it felt alien and downright hostile to Robor and Beats.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 01:46:54 pm »

"Fark me." Beats announces looking around, glancing down at Jack's body "Least E's dead and not ruining people now." He keeps his mind map and mage sight up and tries to learn more about his surroundings

"Don't tink we're on Earth." He mumbles also trying to remember what his training taught him that might relate

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:34:57 pm »

Robor shakes his head.
"No. no this is definitely not earth. Spirit realm probably?." He says.

"Serapheen will be okay, right? She's immortal, I think."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 07:33:50 pm »

Orienting himself to the surroundings, Beats 'sees' that he and Robor are the only 'living' things in their immediate vicinity - though some of the darker trees surrounding them, seem like they could spontaneously jump into that category at any time, if so inclined.

Then Beats takes note of something stalking the edge of his spacial awareness - realizing with a start, that it is the same giant mastiff that tried to take his head off on the tower overlook less than a minute ago.

Robor meanwhile, oozes blood from the untreated holes in his torso.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:36:12 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 08:30:43 pm »

Beats frowns "I think we are in da demons realm, demon dog is here." Beats says quietly as he prepares to fend it off "Sera should be fine, probably." He adds.

He decides that getting out of here might be the best plan but is unsure if he can open the portal while being actively stalked by a giant dog

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 05:58:42 pm »

The giant dog doesn't seem to be interested in engaging right now and simply remains at the edge of Beat's periphery.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 06:01:35 pm »

"No. no this is definitely not earth. Spirit realm probably?." He says.

Robor's Fleshless Speech spell confirms his hunch, as he realizes that everything around him, including the very dirt, rocks, and flora are all sleeping spirits. He would be able to see the mastiff demon too, if it wasn't well hidden behind all the rest.

*bleed bleed bleed...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:18:23 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 06:42:42 pm »

"What da hell man!" Beats suddenly announces, noticing his companions state.

He runs over and begins ripping some clothing to staunch the wound trying to remember anything from his gang guys that might help.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »

Beats quickly realizes that one cannot simply tourniquet the torso.

Robor is no help either, ending up just sticking his own fingers in the holes to stop the bleeding, but the pain (or loss of blood) starts to bring on black outs...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 07:17:32 pm »

Robor's Fleshless Speech spell confirms his hunch, as he realizes that everything around him, including the very dirt, rocks, and flora are all sleeping spirits. He would be able to see the mastiff demon too, if it wasn't well hidden behind all the rest.

*bleed bleed bleed...

Robor does not like bleeding. Trying to bring up his elementary knowledge of first aid, he tries again, burning willpowe
"Ach Fark this hurts..." he mutters. "Dunno if I'll stay awake beats."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 07:35:04 pm »

Beats mumbles to himself "Farking hell man, ya got tagged and said nothin?" He quickly concentrates of  his tattoos and saying goes some words of power casts healers trance to identify what exactly is going on. Hoping it might give him more of an idea how to help.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »

Robor tries packing the wadded-up shreds of Beats' shirt - 'hey, that was my shirt!' - directly into the wound itself, from both sides, and miraculously, the bleeding stops.

Beats, double-checking with his Healers Trance, confirms that the wound is now stabilized.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 08:08:50 pm »

"Well, it's stable." He looks at it again from both sides without touching it "Though we could burn it, Ya know, Like in Rambo."

Clearly calmed down and more at ease now that things all seem fine he shrugs as if to says that's all the ideas he has gotten before continuing "Gotta prepare for a portal but demon dogs out dere, your gonna have to watch out while I cast."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »

Robor tries to stay awake.
"Yeah, Rambo was a good movie." He says.

"Where are you going to portal it? We're with spirits."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 10:34:33 pm »

Beats pauses, he hadn't been considering the details "Maybe back to da vault? Or da attic where we were before?" He thinks again "Nah, to our safe house, take too long and it'll be flooded by cops soon. I'm sure da other will be fine."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:38 pm »

"We're in the spirit realm. I don't think you can break through the barrier with space."

"I can open path back, but it'll take a while and we'll still be in the house.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 12:56:47 am »

Beats thinks for a bit "So we walk over there, then ya cast?" He Indicates a random direction "If we walk past the house then we would come back outside it right?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 02:31:48 pm »

Robor nods vigorously.
"Right right, yeah that would work. You'll have to keep me awake through it. I'm seeing blurry." He says, as he starts pacing out of the range of the crater.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 07:44:22 pm »

Beats helps support him so he doesn't destabilize his wound again. Making sure they get some good distance away from the house in a series of walks. No point in appearing close to the castle after going through all of this...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »

With Beats standing by to watch his back, Robor is able to begin his Spirit Road ritual. If all goes well, they will be back home in the physical world within the next three and a half hours.

For the first hour, all goes well; and Beats keeps an eye on the Mastiff demon hovering at the periphery with his spacial map - until its duration ends.

When Beats recasts it, he sees that the giant dog has disappeared. Nervous, he keeps alert, not seeing the demon return, as Robor continues his casting.

After another two hours, Robor is only thirty minutes from pulling everything together, when the huge Mastiff hound suddenly reappears out of nowhere - right next to Robor.

Knowing that Robor cannot stop casting without ruining the spell (and having to start over), the Mastiff grins wickedly and speaks to Beats - its voice surprisingly refined and rich (for a giant canine), sounding much like that of an Egyptian pharaoh.

"These long rituals are so tedious. A shame it would be, if it were interrupted. That would prolong your stay here in the shadow, yes? You do not want that, do you? It is dangerous here in the shadow for mortals."

"Pay me tribute then, and I shall allow you to leave my domain in peace. Otherwise..."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 10:48:08 am »

Beats turns slowly to face the demon dog and slowly crosses his arms loosely in front of him

"So dat was your plan. What's this tribute?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 12:41:17 pm »

"Your cesti or his sword," the Mastiff replies. "Either of these angelic tokens would make a worthy prize. And I'm sure your celestial friend can resupply you, once she recovers from her little faux pas in dumping you here. Hehehehe ..."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 02:40:33 pm »

Beats makes a show of considering the proposition "So ya cower in the back until we are close ta leaving and just pop up now to say 'Give me your magical item or I ruin your spell.'" He gives a grin "Kinda seems like if you were strong enough you'd have just attacked before? If we take ya down we just need to cast the spell again."

Beats knows he shouldn't be picking a fight right now but he doesn't know a better way to buy time...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 05:57:37 pm »

"Who says I have to stay and fight, once I tear up your friend there? He either submits to the mauling and risks death for his spell, or defends himself and has to try again later."

"Meanwhile, I just go where you cannot reach me, and wait another three hours. Rinse and repeat, until you comply, are dead, or something worse than me comes along..."

"Its easier for all concerned, just to pay the tribute. Win win, everyone is happy."

The giant dog grins, showing its long black teeth.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:15 pm »

Beats feels his pride rising up but pushes it back down, this isn't the time to pick a fight, if Robor gets attacked again it could be very bad.

"Fine, but if ya double cross us, you better be prepared for me to hunt ya down wherever ya go and whatever it costs me." He says this is  a very serious tone and the dog if it could sense such things would be able to tell he was being serious.

He turns to Robor "Gotta give it your sword man, I'll pay ya back later."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 07:32:41 pm »

Robor nods ever so slightly, as he countinues to mutter the words of power and focus the magical energies onto opening the path.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 08:59:01 pm »

Beats takes the sword and hefts it, giving one last consideration to using it on the demon instead of giving it to him but Robor's condition wins out and he tosses it near the demon.

"No more deals or warnins. I see you agen and I attack got it?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 02:54:10 pm »

"Of course," the mastiff replies with a nod.

It then flips the sword up from the ground, with its taloned paw, and catches it in its mouth. The grin lingers - the beast seems well pleased with itself - then the mastiff vanishes into thin air.

Beats remains vigilant, guarding Robor, as he finishes up the spell. The mastiff does not return during that time and there is no sign of it on Beats' spatial map.

With the conclusion of the ritual, a narrow pathway suddenly appears on the ground before Robor, winding its way into a thick bank of fog, before being lost to the mists.

Robor notes that he has been casting so long, that all his other spells, save Sarapheen's organic resilience spell, have long run out.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:56:15 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 02:55:52 pm »

Robor shakes himself out of the trance.

"Follow me." He mutters, as he tenaciously marches foward. They need to get back. This is the path.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 06:35:31 pm »

Beats idles a quick last search of Jacks body before the spell finishes to make sure they didn't miss anything then mmediatly follows where Robor leads, he doesn't want to be left behind here. He keeps aware though just incase somthing else happens.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:37:34 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »

Jack Eaton Jr. has nothing of interest on him, beyond his valuables - fancy jewelry, cash, etc.

Heading down the spirit road, Robor and Beats make their way through the thick fog, until it opens up into night-dark woods - back in the physical world, out behind High Oaks Castle.

From their position among the trees, Robor and Beats can see activity going on at the castle - dozens of local and state police cars, with forensic teams, and an animal control unit.

Looking at their watches, they see that it is 9:45pm.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:02:52 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:41 pm »

"We gotta move now." Beats simply says, he won't have enough time to sit and cast a portal before someone finds them.

He gives Robor a hand and begins helping him move away from the castle. He keeps a spacial map open to endure he doesn't run into anyone or any dogs while they make their slow escape. He also keeps an eye out for old portals that might be used to get somewhere safe. He aims for the initial portal in point as a possible return, planning to use a mana to pull Robor through and burn mana to mitigate paradox if possible.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:22:44 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 12:13:34 pm »

Activating spatial map and spatial awareness, Beats notes something moving through Robor's spirit road, before it closes. Immediately, he suspects that it was the demon mastiff, taking advantage of the free pass to the physical world - though it being in Twilight prevents Beats from being sure.

Regardless, nothing jumps out to attack (or extort more 'tributes' out of them), so they head off into the woods in search of the area Sarapheen had originally portaled them into.

It's a good thing Beats has his spatial map going, as a k-9 unit has a team out in the woods searching for Jack - and the spell proves vital in successfully evading them.

When they finally arrive at the spot, Beats is able to buffer Robor in mana and pull him through the closed portal, as he had with Mama Kark's portal into the vault beneath High Oaks Castle.

Everything goes as expected this time, though they are still trapped in each other's bodies, when they arrive back at the meeting room, under the Washington National Cathedral.

Out in the woods meanwhile, in the cold night air, a German-Shepard approaches a seven year old blond-haired girl. She is standing behind a tree, looking at the place where Robor and Beats just vanished.

"I'm no longer bound to the man," the dog says to the little girl - who doesn't seem at all astonished that the dog can talk - "and the witch is dead. That means I can stay with you now, and keep you safe. Would you like that, Kelsey?"

"Yes!" The little girl bursts out in tears, hugging the dog. "I want to go home Charlie! Can you take me home now?"

"I'm afraid that's not in my power Kelsey," the German-Shepard replies somberly, "But those men could have, if they wanted to - but they didn't. They left you - abandoned you!"

"They... they sent a monster to eat me!" the girl cries, her little shoulders shuddering with her sobs.

"They are bad men Kelsey, but unlike them, I will not leave you. I will protect you. And when they return, I will force them to send you home..."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:16:16 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 12:13:56 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:07:09 pm by BerkaZerka »
Pages: [1]   Go Up