Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Loose Ends  (Read 139866 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2017, 09:46:51 pm »

Saint kneels down again and hesitantly puts a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Do you think we're bad people?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2017, 09:58:00 pm »

"I don't know!" the ghost-girl sniffed, wiping her eyes with a sleeve. "Charlie said you were bad men. He said you could take me home, but that you wouldn't!"

"I want to go home!"

At the Saint's touch, the girl leaned in to hug him close - tears still flowing. She had no one else now, and the Saint could tell that he had gotten through to her. She was ready to trust him.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2017, 09:59:16 pm »

UsdiYona leans in and gives the girl a sympathetic nuzzle with her nose.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2017, 10:10:58 pm »

Saint hugs the girl close.

"I promise I'll do whatever I can to take you home, wherever that might be. Can you tell me your name now?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2017, 10:47:57 am »

Robor raises his ring, and whispers softly in the Enochian tongue, trying to sunmon a dog spirit.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2017, 10:57:27 am »

"Uh huh," the girl replied, "my name is Kelsey."

At the name, Emend's memory of the AMBER Alert he had seen, almost a month back, came flooding into his mind. She was 'Kelsey Moores', the girl who had been abducted from the Fairfax area. Mama Kark must have used her somehow, in the making of Doll, which would explain the uncanny resemblance they had with each other.

Emend grimly recalled the boxes of children's bones in Mama Kark's vault that the quorum had found. There were three sets of them (not including the ones belonging to large monstrosity Hans) - did that mean there were more ghost-children around, haunting High Oaks Castle?

Robor meanwhile, successfully cast his summons - meaning that something, fitting his intent, had heard and replied to the call - though they would have to wait a while for it to make its way to them, apparently.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:02:19 am by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2017, 12:18:40 pm »

Beats, seeing the priest handling things well keeps his distance and just keeps sending out his senses. No point acting all nice when looking the way he does, who would trust a well dressed white guy?

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2017, 08:33:15 pm »

Not wanting to publicly announce that the girl is a ghost so she can hear it, Emend walks over to Robor and whispers to him what he's remembered after hearing the girl's name.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2017, 09:19:12 pm »

Not wanting to publicly announce that the girl is a ghost so she can hear it, Emend walks over to Robor and whispers to him what he's remembered after hearing the girl's name.

"Ooooh." Robor mutters. "Does that mean we need to send her off? Like to heaven?" He whispers back

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2017, 07:16:21 pm »

"We will do whatever we need to to send her where she belongs", Saint says firmly.

We should have burned those remains. I am our speaker for the dead. I should have known to do this. Forgive me Lord.

For now, we should get out of here. I do not feel comfortable in the Shadow. Robor, can you open a path back? We shall protect you, as is our duty."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2017, 07:50:11 pm »

Beats, seeing the priest handling things well keeps his distance and just keeps sending out his senses. No point acting all nice when looking the way he does, who would trust a well dressed white guy?

Beats reaches out with his spatial senses and feels the resonance of Robor's missing sword nearby. The hell hound must have had a lair somewhere in (or just beyond) the strange grove - where it has hidden the angelic weapon.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2017, 07:50:28 pm »

"I dont think I need to. Its an opening, we should be able to walk right on out." Robor says.

"Should we countinue tonthe castle?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2017, 09:13:53 pm »

Saint looks to Beats, "Lets see if Beats has found anything first. If we can make this the only trip we have to make into the Shadow I should like to do so."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2017, 09:59:29 pm »

Beats pauses a few moments more to be certain before answering "Seems like da lair is just beyond dis grove, should be able to reach it easily. Maybe."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2017, 11:51:12 am »

The ghost-girl meanwhile, was distracted by (and seemed content to play with) the bear cub UsdiYona, while the grown-ups talked among themselves.

"I never got to play with a real bear before!" she said happily, offering UsdiYona the end of a small stick to tug-of-war with.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2017, 12:01:34 pm »

"Then let us hurry, we have no time to waste."

Saint waits for Beats to lead the way forward.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2017, 07:01:41 pm »

Beats attempts to trace his senses back o the lair or wherever it is that the sword is hidden, leading the others.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »

Following Beats, the quorum moved around Usdiyona's briar wall and into the open grove of strange trees beyond. The moment the ghost-girl Kelsey crossed the threshold between the two places, she abruptly froze in place - like a paused video - and then faded away.

With his Clamor of the Departed rote still going, the Saint could tell that Kelsey was no longer in the Shadow - or anywhere near them in Twilight either. It had to mean that something had just pulled her back into the physical world - or that she had left the boundaries of her anchor and been drawn back to it.

Perhaps it was for the best, as the sight of the grove itself was quite disturbing - freakish beyond anything the Disciples had ever before seen.

The short stout thrashing trees - each about twelve to fifteen feet in height - were indeed a collection of headless, legless human torsos, male and female - firmly rooted into the ground and clad in remolded human flesh! They writhed, twitched, and quivered seemingly at random, but did not appear to be able to move from their spots.

Limbs on the trees sprouted from hairy joints and bent like human arms, before branching further into long thin draping finger-like leaves. Knots in the trees looked like leering eyeballs, deformed genitalia, knees, elbows, or skin blemishes. Some of the trees had even grown together and thrusted against each other in unquestionably obscene ways.

Thirteen of these gruesome trees formed a loose ring (roughly thirty meters across), around a massive fleshy stump in the center. Unlike the rest of the trees, this one had no limbs. In fact, the twenty foot high, thirteen foot wide stump looked as if it could have once been the tree of a giant - that someone (or something) had long ago cut down. Strange bloody sap oozed in thick coagulating rivulets from the flat top wound of the trunk and down its face, which incidentally had no features - other than a huge eleven foot wide gnarled mouth - from which the trunk breathed in and out in long torturous gasps.

A plethora of the gibbering mouth-flowers the quorum had already seen, grew around the base of the giant trunk, eagerly lapping up the blood-puss as it flowed down to their beds.

The smell of the grove was almost overpowering - a sweltering mix of body odor, ammonia, infection, and putrescent compost.

The resonance of Robor's sword was coming from the giant flesh-trunk in the center of the grove.

'Of course it would be coming from there,' Beats couldn't help but think to himself, 'where else would it lead, but right to the nastiest looking thing the shadow could possibly barf up.'
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:32:36 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2017, 01:15:21 pm »

In disgust, Saint says "Could we just burn the whole thing down?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:06 pm »

"Ugh... I should have skipped breakfast." John mutters.

"We need to purify this place anyhow. Burning won't do any good, and could damage the sword."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2017, 01:56:50 pm »

"Think of where we are Robor. There is no purity to be found in the Shadow."

Saint pulls his shirt up over his mouth so as to not breathe the same foul air as the rest of this area - even if there was no stench he would do it, for the sight filled him with disgust.

"Well, we brought a sacrificial lamb with us for a reason. The bear, send it forward."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2017, 05:55:11 pm »

"Swords in da stump thing." beats simply states, pointing at the grotesk thing

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2017, 06:03:24 pm »

"We're gonna need to reach in into that gaping maw." Robor groans. "I don't think attacking it with the bear is the right answer."

"I want the sword stolen from me." Robor says, enthusing his voice with the language of the spirits. Perhaps something here will answer.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2017, 08:57:18 am »

Saint looks at Robor then  - "That stump is obviously a trap. It'll attack us or chomp down the second we reach into it."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »

UsdiYona changes from cub back to full grown bear and heads over with the tree bear to see what their claws can do against the flesh trunk thing.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2017, 02:55:45 pm »

At Robor's demand, the mouth of the massive flesh stump mumbled a few low and unintelligible words back, sounding like it might have tried to say something; but whatever came out, seemed more like confused mutterings than anything coherent.

The halitosis coming out of the stump's open orifice meanwhile, was positively gag-inducing. Looking in (while the stump attempted to speak), revealed no teeth - just festering holes, marking a rotting gum-line of sorts.

As this went on, Tree-Bear and UsdiYona went up and raked their claws into the side of the stump.

Little could anyone have known the horror this act would set off.

First, the two bears found the flaccid flesh easy to cleave into - each tearing great swaths from the stump with each swipe! Brown syrupy blood spattered from the torn chunks of meat as they were ripped free - speckling UsdiYona and Tree-Bear in the foul stuff. Beneath the flesh itself, was a strange fibrous muscle tissue, layered over dark ivory-like ribs!

The massive stump howled in pain at the onslaught, shuddering, and gnashing its mouth - but otherwise seemingly incapable of putting a stop to it.

The rest of the quorum however, noted something else happening as this went on - they felt a wave of soul-withering corruption washing out from the giant stump - triggering an adrenalin dump in their guts, as it coursed outward through them and then beyond even the ring of obscene trees themselves.

At this, the mouth-flowers went absolutely berserk! They shrieked loudly in high shrill voices and began shaking about - almost as if attempting to uproot themselves in the process.

The ring of trees curiously, went completely still - their spastic movements inexplicably halting and a looming sense of baited anticipation filling the air. In shock, the Saint (with his Clamor of the Departed rote) suddenly noticed the telltale spark of human spirits imprisoned deep within each one - inexplicably intertwined in some unwholesome union with the tree's own darker spirit.

A moment later, Robor, Saint, Emend, and Beats all felt the most exquisite pain shoot through their feet and up their legs! Then the sound of snapping bone and blinding agony accompanied a sudden metamorphosis of their toes - which all burst out through their footwear and began rooting themselves into the ground!

It was some sort of spell - attempting to transform them into those trees!

Emend immediately surged mana into his magic shield to resist the effects - which helped slow the growth of his toe-roots to the point that he was able to rip them free from the ground - but now he had long tendrilous sprouts shooting out from his feet - making any movement like walking in swim-flippers!

Beats faired about the same - finding that his Body Control allowed him a modicum of resistance to the effects as well. His feet had not morphed nearly to the degree Emend's had, though they still impeded his ability to walk or run somewhat.

Robor also managed to pull his feet-roots free from the ground, but they continued to grow, trying to sink their way into the earth, if he stood still long enough for them to do so!

The Saint meanwhile, found his Organic Resilience up to the task of actually reversing the effects! A moment of concentration and focusing his mana - pulled his toes and feet back into their God-given shape - though he could still feel the weight of the spell actively fighting against him.

Everyone, except Usdiyona and the Tree-Bear, for whatever reason, were still very much in danger of becoming one of the thrashing tree-horrors, if they remained in the grove much longer!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2017, 04:37:22 pm »

Shaken, Saint steps back and closes his eyes.

Lord - why Lord?

Steeling himself and muttering a few choice words of power Saint extends his hands over the rest of the group and gathers his mana in an attempt to protect them from the effects of the spell with Organic Resilience, dropping Clamor of the Departed in the process.

"Don't resist! I'm going to try and slow the spell's effect!"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 06:15:56 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2017, 09:13:13 pm »

"I can hold it off, I think. concentrate on da others!" Beats calls as he heads closer to the tree carefully (So as not to trip) "Tear it down fast!" (Preparing to use knife fist on it)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:44:28 am by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2017, 01:38:12 am »

Robor looks at his legs in horror, feeling himself transform into a tree.

"Not how I plan on going on..." Robor groans, raising his ring, and, spending mana to make it an area of effect spell, attacks the spirits' corpuses directly.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2017, 09:56:38 am »

Deciding it has served its purpose, Emend ends his supernal vision. He then prepares to counter the spell using counter-spell the next time it tries to strengthen its hold on them.

"What a disgusting lair. I agree we should dispose of it and the pitiful abominations that reside here once we finish our task," Emend says, as he tries his best to avoid thinking about his newly deformed feet

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2017, 12:32:49 pm »

If it can bleed it can die! UsdiYona keeps slashing away at it!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:49 pm »

Emend’s spell fought against the titanic power of the grove – feeling like Emend was trying to turn aside a dump truck with a broom. He realized in trying, that the metamorphosis spell was a continuous effect, meaning that as long as the quorum remained in the grove, they would be subject to its powers.

Emend’s magic shield, coupled with his counter spell, was enough to prevent further change in Emend for the moment, but it was draining his mana at an alarming rate.

Robor also resisted the change, sending out a blast of corpus-shredding power. Initially intent on expanding the wave to encompass a number of the weird tree spirits, Robor was quickly frustrated by the fact that they were all spread out too far, UsdiYona was in the radius, and the sheer size of the ancient stump required almost all of his focus.

Even singling out the stump itself for the brunt of the attack was disappointing, as the vile and primordial thing slapped down Robor’s spell as easily as a man would swat away a fly.

The Saint Meanwhile, invoked his organic resilience on everyone, finding that with a little effort, he could choose whom to effect regardless of area. Emend, Robor, Beats, and UsdiYona suddenly felt a surge of invigorating power.

As if in response to his efforts however, the Saint felt a wave of nausea overcome him, as his feet suddenly erupted through the sides of his shoes and began digging themselves into the ground. Fighting back stabbing pain, the Saint ripped his now deformed appendages free from the earth – wondering if his faith was strong enough to sustain him through this horrifying nightmare.

As this went on, UsdiYona and Tree-Bear continued to tear into the massive stump. While the flesh proved easy to rip apart, the dark ivory-like ribs seemed as hard as stone – and resisted the two bears’ raking claws quite well!

Seeing this, Beats activated knife fists and strode forward to the gaping wound UsdiYona and Tree-Bear had inflicted upon the demonic remnant.

With a series of tremendous blows, Beats shattered two of the great ribs, allowing access to the now unprotected fibrous musculature beneath!

The ancient stump groaned in a dazed stupor, as its insides were being torn out - and two of the freakish flesh-trees seemed to tremble in response.

A moment later, the most god-awful sound shook through the grove – it was a sickening fracture, followed by the wet ripping of flesh – as the gruesome pair literally tore themselves free of their stumps!

A thick column of dull gray vertebrae trailed from each of the gaping wounds – wrapped in writhing mounds of torn, sap splorking entrails! Dark blood sprayed everywhere – as the two tree-tops then toppled over and began rolling across the grove at the Disciples – like a couple of horrendous flailing tumbleweeds!

Beats meanwhile, realized in dismay, that something was now hampering his lower movement. Looking down, he was shocked to see his upper thighs fusing together at the crotch! His legs were beginning to transform into a trunk!

Seeing this, a sudden realization crossed the Saint’s mind. The reason Angels couldn’t enter the Shadow. The Shadow was Hell!

The sudden revelation blasted through the Saint’s mind, being more than he could take – he was gone even before his collapsing knees hit the ground.

Another woke in his place.

So this was Hell. Big deal.

The real hell was having to live inside the mind of another, trapped and incapable of action – watching the most banal person ever born, waste the marvelous powers that the angel had given him.

But it was the Killer’s turn again now – and this time, it would be different.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2017, 11:29:11 pm »

Killer looks down at his mutilated limbs and feels the aching pain in his soul. He sees the power he's wasted on the other weaklings with him.

We could do so much better ourselves. Why waste your time with them? Without us they would have been killed three times over now. Robor and Emend both owe us their lives, and without this shield you've created I doubt they would survive even so much as this fight.

Killer glances down at the Saint's sword, and briefly runs his hand along its edge, even as he begins mumbling words of power in preparation of his spell.

Even when you share your power with them they can do so very little.

With a sigh, Killer lowers the blade.

I am not immortal.

Spending a willpower point and harnessing his mana, Killer grits his teeth and calls a healing light down onto the area (unafraid of accidentally healing the spirits, as they cannot be affected with Life), including himself.

Yet.

(Balm of Flesh, +3 dice willpower, area modified to affect everyone)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:15 am »

Beats struggles for a moment then concentrates on the stump again, even if he cant walk he can punch. He uses combination blows with his knife fist to hit more times quickly. Surely they should be getting close to the sword by now at least.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:29:18 pm by Forge »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2017, 08:03:06 pm »

UsdiYona sees no reason to stop tearing this thing to shreds yet.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2017, 12:21:20 pm »

Realizing that defending won't get him anywhere, Emend pulls out his lighter.

"Even a demonic tree should burn," he thinks to himself, as he uses control fire to set the demonic tree ablaze.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2017, 12:41:02 pm »

Robor decides that the trunk is far too strong to stop, and moves to another target.

"STOP" He commands the tree spirits.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2017, 02:29:06 pm »

The metamorphic power of the grove continued its cancerous corruption of the Disciples' limbs, though the organic resilience bestowed upon them by the Saint seemed to blunt the intrusive change quite dramatically.

Even without trying to counter spell (or activating his magic shield), Emend was able to shrug off the influence of the grove and focus on a little offense of his own. Concentrating on the fire from his zippo and uttering words of power, he willed the tiny flame to heat itself up like a bunsen burner's jet and then shoved it up against the fleshy bark of the colossal stump.

The skin bubbled and popped like sizzling bacon under the intense flame, leaving deep scorched furrows in its wake. The ancient stump groaned in response to the torture it was being subjected to, but could do nothing about it otherwise. Emend noted that the seared flesh wept a slick pus-like sap that appeared to keep the bark from fully igniting like dryer wood might.

As this went on, Robor commanded the two approaching flesh-trees to stop.

Instantly, the trembling things halted their advance - awaiting further directives from Robor - as they continued to hemorrhage profusely from the ragged flesh-wounds that were once their torsos. Clearly, the horrific monstrosities had sacrificed themselves in a bid to save their unholy sire and would bleed themselves out rather quickly.

The Saint (Killer) meanwhile, invoked power from On High - surprising himself with how easily he could draw down the supposed 'holy' power - shouldn't they realize he was a fraud? In spite of any apprehension on his part, the healing energies obeyed his every whim and worked marvelously at immediately reversing the afflictions of himself and his companions. The pain was driven from them and their feet and toes were restored to their original size and shape. Even Beat's fused thighs were made whole - becoming two separate legs again, rather than some single grotesque stump!

Unhampered, Beats, UsdiYona, and the Tree-Bear continued to carve their way into the side of the stump - ripping apart the fibrous muscle tissue with relative ease. A moment later, the three of them breached a hollow beyond the broken ribs - it being some sort of gullet in the back of the ancient stump's throat.

A large stash of unusual items occupied the area, consisting of -
  • a dried-out set of old saddle bags emblazoned with the fading red letters of the Wells Fargo logo
  • a weathered stainless-steel combination briefcase with a rust-pocked chain and locking cuff attached (dark splotches on the outside of the case look like the remnants of old blood spatter)
  • a huge blue on white Ming vase with a lid (the vase depicting an imperial dragon coiling around itself)
  • a large paneled-object of some sort, wrapped in old brittle canvas
  • a beat-up black typewriter case from the 20's, labeled 'Remington Rand Portable'
  • a 1970s cash register from Seven-Eleven
  • and lastly, Robor's sword that the Guardian Fiend had extorted out of him the last time he and Beats had been in the Shadow.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:14:06 am by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2017, 04:57:20 pm »

"Da sword is here! Come help!" Beats immediatly begins taking out the objects and putting them on the ground behind him so that the others can take them away

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2017, 07:28:24 am »

Play oh play the worker bee, play it well no one will see

Killer jogs over loosely to the items on the ground. The tree couldn't hurt him. Maybe once upon a time, when it was something more than a crippled stump.

He picks up whatever he can carry, "we should get going".

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2017, 11:52:03 am »

UsdiYona looks in disappointment at the treasures.

'There's a 7-11 register, but no snacks? Is it too much to hope for a slurpie and slim Jim? I could even go for a withered up 3 day old hot dog right about now!'

UsdiYona then scoops the saddlebags up to help carry the loot without having to change from bear form.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2017, 07:17:41 am »

"I guess a demonic tree doesn't burn after all," Emend thinks to himself. He then brings his attention to all of the items, confused by their presence among the enchanted sword. Wanting to make sure they don't get into any trouble, he attempts to quickly analyze the items to determine if they're enchanted or not.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2017, 07:30:34 am »

Emend could tell that there was something unusual about the typewriter case, but realized that he'd need ten minutes (or more) to magically scrutinize each item in the collection. Probably best if that was done somewhere else - as the powers of the grove, while muted, were still very much a danger from moment to moment...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2017, 07:43:25 am »

Figuring the typewriter would have to be used for any sort of enchantment to effect them, Emend nods to himself and supervises the others as they do all the packing. No need for him to get his hands dirty.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2017, 09:48:18 am »

Robor nods, and directs the plantsnto reroot themselves, before grabbing his sword.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2017, 11:14:36 am »

Removing the items from the hollow revealed a few to be quite heavy.

The huge blue on white Ming vase was nearly a hundred ponds all by itself. A quick peek under the lid revealed a large stash of gold and platinum jewelry, each piece embellished with a variety of diamonds, emeralds, opals, sapphires, and rubies.

The 1970s cash register from Seven-Eleven also proved quite heavy - and awkward to carry. As it was moved, something rattled around inside under its till drawer.

The beat-up black typewriter case from the 20's weighed a good thirty pounds, while the large paneled-object, wrapped in old brittle canvas, was not heavy, but stood six feet tall and was a foot and a half wide.

The saddlebags, briefcase, and Robor's sword were all easy enough to carry however.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2017, 11:18:32 am »

As this went on, the uprooted flesh-trees hesitated to follow Robor's command - unable to comply, given that they had physically separated themselves from their roots.

The power of the grove continued to assail the Disciples meanwhile, though the Saint's organic resilience was currently holding it at bay.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2017, 12:18:24 pm »

"Beats, I don't see us carrying everything out of here. Why don't you open a portal so we can move it out that way," Emend suggests.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »

"Could we put the stuff in the saddlebags?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2017, 03:02:14 pm »

nodding to Emend in thanks for the idea Beats moves 3 steps back then sits crosslegged holding his space related tag, burning will to open a portal away from the grove to where they could escape. trying to portal just across the verge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up