Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Loose Ends  (Read 22977 times)

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2017, 09:37:13 pm »

As this went on, Morrow Wind invited everyone out of the medicine hut to the campsite, for a simple lunch. There was dried fish, venison stew, bread, fruit, and wild grape wine.

Not exactly the 'human food' Usdiyona was anticipating, but better than what she could normally scrounge in the shadow...
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2017, 09:38:41 pm »

"So, what is your name?" Morrow Wind asked the bear-girl.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2017, 11:19:39 pm »

Saint bites vigorously into an apple, while addressing a question to Robor then (since Morrowind appeared to be occupied).

"Robor, what do you plan on doing to the spirits inhabiting Kark's castle?"
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 16065
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2017, 01:11:43 am »

Robor takes a sip of the wine, and looks to Saint.

"Not sure." He replies slowly. "I suspect many of them will be corrupted so they some must be properly disposed of. It would be interesting to see if I could correct Mama Kark's corruption, and purify them instead. I suspect that might be beyond my strength, however."
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »

"My name is Usdiyona," Udiyona replied, "but you can call me 'Usi' if you want."

Then looking at the food, she asks, "don't you Indians believe in spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna and pepsi? I can appreciate ya'll living off the land and such, but like, I'm starving!"

"Don't any of you do chef magic or something?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 08:52:23 pm »

"Oh?" Morrow Wind laughed at Usdiyona's reply; "No, no 'chef magic' here, haha!"

"Your name means 'bear' in Cherokee. Among my people, your name would be 'Kiááyo'."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 10:03:51 pm »

"Well, they're not all bad - in fact, i'm not even sure we'll have to destroy or bind them all. I was stuck with that bouncer guarding the attic for quite a while there. Seemed an agreeable enough sort, for a spirit.

If we tell them we're freeing them from Kark's bonds i'm sure that many of the less aggressive ones would happily agree to return to the Shadow or wherever else they came from without conflict."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 12:22:04 pm »

Beats starts eating as he informs the others "I can deff sense the smith in dese weapons. Pretty sure I can track day sword down."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 03:17:58 pm »

As everyone finished their repast, Morrow Wind spoke again to the group.

"I see that you have depleted yourselves of your awakened energies. Please, chose one among you to offer an oblation at this hallow, before you go. I also have some tass that I can provide - and a little essence for Usdiyona."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 05:04:32 pm »

Saint looks hesitantly at the rest of the group, "I expended near all of my energies healing, I have almost nothing left to me. If I could be so selfish as to ask..."
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5568
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 05:48:58 pm »

"Of course Saint. We're relying on you the most," Emend replies. "And naturally I will graciously accept the Tass, as I'm the only one able to properly handle it."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 05:50:56 pm »

Beats simply nods along
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 07:27:58 pm »

"Essence? Sure, I'll take some! Do I get ice-cream afterwards?"
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2017, 08:01:36 pm »

As the Saint went alone to pray and offer an hour long oblation at the hallow, Morrow Wind invited the rest back into the medicine hut.

There he used the white sage smoke, controlling thin spiraling tendrils of it with his hands, before sending it into Usdiyona's nostrils. As she inhaled the smoke, somewhat involuntarily, she felt empowered with the essence Morrow Wind had infused in it with his own mana. A short fit of choking and coughing followed - to which Morrow Wind chuckled.

Then sitting, Morrow Wind produced a ceremonial pipe and filled the horn with dried mushrooms that he crushed and ground up in another half of abalone shell.

"This will get a little trippy," he warned, "and you shouldn't operate heavy vehicles for at least an hour afterwards, haha!"

Handing the pipe to Robor, he instructed everyone to inhale deeply and pass the pipe to the next guy. Robor meanwhile, wasn't familiar with this ritual, but he knew that tass formed in both agates and weird mushrooms that grew among the damp rocky edges of the hallow.
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 16065
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 08:04:54 pm »

"You know I don't smoke, right?" Robor says, chuckling slightly, before bringing up the pipe and inhaling.

"...So watch yourself Beats." Robor then adds, passing the pipe along.
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2017, 08:18:09 pm »

"I'm too young to smoke," Usdiyona says. Then she ages ten years before everyone's eyes and says, "How's this?"

The 22 year old Usi then waits for her turn at the pipe.  ;D
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2017, 01:04:04 am »

Beats shrugs "Dis body should experience something interesting at least." He accepts the pipe to smoke it, passing game it to the older Usdiyona
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:54:47 am by Forge »
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2017, 06:22:15 pm »

Usdiyona takes a puff from the pipe, makes a face, and says "BLAAGH!!!" before handing it to Emend. She then has another coughing fit, wipes tears from her eyes, weakly smiles, and adds "that's what I'm talking about!"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5568
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2017, 08:21:46 pm »

Emend follows the group and inhales the pipe deeply.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 07:10:39 pm »

The smoke in the medicine hut seemed to get thicker and thicker, until everyone was floating in it - literally - or at least it seemed that way... Feet were off the ground and heads were in the clouds. Like leaves on the surface of a windswept pool, everyone drifted off into their own... thing?

An hour later, Robor, Beats, and Emend abruptly snapped awake, finding themselves seated on the russet-sack cushions. Morrow Wind had an amused grin on his face and nodded over to a nearby pile of cushions, where Usdiyona was now snoring loudly in bear-cub form - her paws twitching and moving, as if she were running after something in her sleep.

After a few moments, the bear-girl awoke, sat up on her haunches, and went to say something, but it came out a squeaking growl-ish bark. She started with surprise, realizing that she was in bear form, and quickly changed back to her twelve year old human self.

"When did I change?" she asked Morrow Wind in confusion, "I was chasing the flying picnic baskets, but they..." She stopped, as she heard what she was saying.

Tilting her head to the side, she then proclaimed with a perplexed look - "I just had the strangest dream!"

At the mention of dreams, Robor, Beats, and Emend could suddenly recall details of dreams, or visions, that they had while under the influence of the genuinely magic magic-mushrooms.

---

For Robor, it was of a vast vaulted stone ceiling somewhere. The type one would see in a cathedral, grand central station, or other building using classical architecture to open up wide spaces - only this ceiling was encrusted in a thick layer of dirt and had little tendrils of vegetation growing down through cracks in it, where water had seeped in and stained the stones with a dark rusty color.

The entire vision was focused on the ceiling, as if all Robor could do was look at it, but below - out of sight - a conversation went on, to which he appeared to be an unseen eavesdropper.

"I had nowhere else to go!" a girl's familiar voice pleaded.

The last time Robor had heard the voice, he had been another person, and the voice had mocked his dangerous plight - "Time to run now, old man. Go! ... Go!"

An unfamiliar voice answered the girl, his words leaving his lips like the smooth flicking tongue of some devilish serpent. "Of course you didn't girl. No one who falls in with Belial's Brood has any future among the Clans."

"Le Blaze was a deviant troublemaker!" Another voice, this one powerful and brusk, interjected; "He didn't have the sense to follow rules, established for his own protection. The fool was destroyed trying to drink the blood of an angel! Who does that?!?"

"Quite," the more sophisticated voice agreed, "It wasn't enough that he was Daeva. He was Daeva and stupid. Not a very complimentary combination at all I'm afraid."

"But I'm not one of them," the girl cried, fear and desperation mounting in her voice. "He never turned me! I can change! I can be anything you want me to be!"

"What I want you to be..." the regal man's voice said with a hint of malevolent intent, "...is quite."

"No! Please! Nooo!" the girl screamed, as a loud wet squelching thump was heard - followed by her voice being cut off and forever silenced.

"Nice of the little imp to come find us, rather than having to root the trash out ourselves," the heavier voice remarked, apparently picking up the now deceased girl's body and throwing it over his shoulder.

"The Brood is a thorn in the side of any Clan unfortunate enough to have to deal with them," the first voice sighed. "They have no regard for law, are admitted infernalists, and attract such egregious attention with their blatant acts of wanton depravity."

"They however, are not what concerns me about this whole sorted affair..."

"It's the angel, right?" the heavier voice asked.

"Yes," came the reply; "This city hasn't had an angelic presence for nearly a decade and I have to admit, I have become somewhat accustomed to the lack of supernal oversight."

"Do you want us to find this guy and take him out?"

"Ah ha ha... If only it was that easy. No, they operate in groups - and like the magi, can conjure pure sunlight at high enough mastery. We need to find them, yes. But, they cannot be engaged without proper intel and the right sort of preparation first. And even then, it is best to separate and pick the weaker ones off first, one-by-one..."

---

Beats could recall seeing a dingy tarp through shrouded darkness, covering some large object in the middle of a rough concrete floor. His view slowly circled the object, until he became aware of another presence in the place with him.

Whoever it was remained unseen, yet Beats could observe - through a bizarre time-lapse-like unfolding - the interactions that person was making on the scene.

First a high definition camera was set up on a tri-pod, facing the tarp.

Then a cable was run from the camera, across the dark concrete, to the back of a computer server on the floor.

A door opened and closed from somewhere out of Beats' field of view and footsteps echoed in the empty space. One was the click-clack of a woman in high heels; the other the quick-paced skitter of a small child, trying to keep up.

The woman spoke, but something about her voice was off. An unusual accent - almost Spanish, but with a notable 'b' for 'v' and 'p' for 'f' substitution, rather than the classic 'h' for 'j' - and a more full sound than one might expect from a woman. Beats suspected he was hearing a 'non-binary', as the younger generation was now calling it.

"Here we are. You get to be youtube pamous!"

"I get to be on TV?" an excited little voice replied. Beats couldn't tell if it belonged to a boy or girl - it was too young, but the accent was English.

"You bet! This is the TB camera, right here."

"Ooh! Hey, what's that under there?"

"That is a surprise!"

---

Emend's vision had intruded upon Blume and Blumenthal's upper office - the one that didn't really exist in the physical world - and it was just like he had remembered it.

The room was richly appointed; lavished with ornate paneling, dark-stained wood accents, columns of heavy-laden bookshelves, a stamped-tin tile ceiling, and a huge black desk facing the door. The ornate brass candle stands that Emend remembered, with their huge squat candles and fat ropy wicks, sat in each corner - mercifully unlit.

The two 'Blumes' were there, discussing paperwork piled on Mr. Blumenthal's desk.

"Just settle it," Mr. Blumenthal said, dragging a long puff off a fine cigar. "There's no point in fighting for the place with a forgery, no matter how good the document looks. It's not worth the accusation itself getting out and upsetting other clients."

"You are aware that Mr. Hardman is one of them now," Mr. Blume replied, "does this give you pause, seeing that he remembers our little 'offer'?"

"Mr. Hardman is worth keeping tabs on;" Mr. Blumenthal pointed out, motioning with the cigar, "And what better way, than to let them have the place. The hallow itself is too good for them to pass up, not to mention its longstanding history among the Chosen. They will be very easy to watch, when we know where they call home."

"It is a shame we lost him," Mr. Blume lamented; "His father was truly amazing and we had such high hopes for the son."

"The line is not yet lost," Mr. Blumenthal replied, "We are still playing the long-game. What is another twenty years to us? A drop of water in an endless ocean. Mr. Hartman will be long gone, by the time his son stands before us to make his own choice."

---

As everyone pondered the meaning of what they could recall from their strangely prophetic dreams, the Saint returned to the group, having completed his lone oblation at the hallow.

Morrow Wind meanwhile, took a small sack and handed it to Emend.

"These three agates each hold double the usual amount of tass. Take them and use your knowledge of Prime to pull the tass free when you need it."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:41:03 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 07:55:06 pm »

beats stands and looks agitated, he stands in what would be a fairly aggressive pose had his forearms been muscled and visible in a tank top as in his normal body. "Gonna need a few to think Dis over" He mutters and pulls up his headphones, flicking to a random song, getting somthing get too upbeat he flicks again getting 'The Sound of Silence - Disturbed - Cole Rolland (feat. Steve Glassford)' and heads outside to process what he had perceived about the killed he was tracking.
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5568
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 09:47:43 pm »

"Thank you," Emend replied, bowing his head slightly towards Morrow Wind.

"Blume and Blumenthal keeping an eye on us is expected. It may be prudent of us to try to obtain a secondary location however..." Emend thinks to himself, reflecting on the dream.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:46 pm »

"The mood is dark here, I see," Saint says, taking in his partners' expressions -Beats in particular.

"Perhaps that is for the best, we are in for some dark work this week."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 16065
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2017, 12:07:58 am »

"Poor girl." Robor says, shaking his head sadly.

"We need to destroy those vampires."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2017, 06:04:16 pm »

Thanking Morrow Wind for his guidance, the quorum (and Usdiyona) headed back through Beats’ portal.

Preparations would be made to clean up the ‘loose ends’ at High Oaks Castle on the morrow, before addressing the issue of Robor’s lost sword.

The plan seemed to be pretty straightforward – ‘spell up’ in the morning and then drive Robor’s surveillance van up the power-line access road that ran along the wooded back side of the property along the Potomac River. From there, the team would walk through the woods to the back of High Oaks Castle and get in unseen from the main road.

“It’s a good plan,” Usdiyona remarked, as everyone was getting ready to separate for the evening – “But there’s just one thing… Morrow Wind never gave me any ice-cream.”
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2017, 07:47:22 pm »

High Oaks Castle, Great Falls Virginia; Tuesday October 25th 2016

The early morning preparations went well enough – Robor casting both mental and ephemeral shield, as Beats activated body control, spatial awareness, and untouchable. Emend brought up supernal vision, spatial awareness, and magic shield, while the Saint invoked supreme honing, organic resilience, and omnivision.

Beats then used scying to check in on High Oaks Castle and could see that it was now closed up for the long term. The gates were shut and locked and there were no caretakers or security team in sight. In fact, the security team appeared to have taken all their cameras with them, when they vacated the premises. Beats noted that Mama Kark's wards still prevented him from remotely looking into the attic or basement spaces however.

Robor’s van was loaded with the gear that had been left over from their first assault on the Castle and the team headed out. Usdiyona seemed fascinated, studying the map that Sarapheen had provided, as Robor made good time driving though afternoon traffic.

Fifty minutes later, the quorum was pulling off the main road in Great Falls Virginia, onto the dirt track that followed under the powerlines near the Potomac River.

Unfortunately, Robor had grossly overestimated the van’s off-road capabilities – or, simply hadn’t realized that an ‘access road’, didn’t necessarily mean a ‘passable road’.

The van drove all right along the gravel path, while the ground was level, but the moment it approached the first super-steep hill, it was immediately clear that there was no way it was going to go up it - especially given the huge stone-filled ruts washed into it from water erosion.

Parking, everyone got out and considered what to do. They were just over a mile from the backside of High Oaks Castle – maybe an hour hike, given the rough hilly terrain.

As this went on, the Saint took advantage of the primal surroundings to try out uplift the species. Writing out some Enoch runes and employing words of power, he focused his spiritual energies on a nearby dogwood tree, shaping its being into something greater. The spell proved a little more difficult to pull off than he had anticipated, and he ended up with a heavy nosebleed, as he struggled to fight off the encroaching paradox.

When it was done however, the tree had evolved into the form of a black bear – though it hardly stirred – instead simply raising its face skyward and staring into the sun directly overhead.

Deciding to beef his creation up a bit more, the Saint employed hone another's form on the tree-bear, to increase its strength.

“It’s all yours,” the Saint then said to Robor, suggesting that he use his beast control on the creature to facilitate some control over it.

Robor gave it a try, but the tree-bear abruptly took a swipe at him, as he tried to place an Enoch rune on it for the spell. Robor dodged out of the way – the Enoch rune falling onto the ground under the beast. A moment later, the tree-bear shifted back to staring at the sun, actually stepping and standing on the rune.

‘Good enough,’ Robor thought to himself, trying the spell again. This time, he managed to establish control – though it seemed unusually tenuous for some unknown reason.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:04:27 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2017, 07:49:18 pm »

"Hello?!?" Usdiyona said, tapping her feet. "Is there a reason why you feel like you need another bear?"

"I may be a sucker for ice-cream, but at least I don't have moss for brains!"
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

"Hey you," Usdiyona said to the bear, "why don't ya make like tree and leave!"  ;)
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5568
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:12 pm »

"Somehow I don't think the tree-bear will understand you," Emend stated to Usdiyona , as he continued towards the castle.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2017, 10:02:30 pm »

Beats watched the spells with some interest as he was furthering his study of life as well then once over he shrugs and starts walking too "Best get walking if we wanna make good time." He calls back
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2017, 12:51:40 am »

"This one is expendable. You are not." Saint says in a rather heartfelt tone. He moves to ruffle the girl's hair and addresses the others, "Robor - have the bear push the car uphill? Usdi and I could help as well. Or do we just leave our equipment here? I suppose we won't have much use for it."

Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 16065
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2017, 12:28:38 pm »

Robor shakes his head.
"Let us enjoy the hike." Robor says. "We can carry whatever gear we need."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:50 am »

Saint shrugs, "Very well then. I suppose we won't have need of much of the stuff anyway".

He follows Emend.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2017, 08:14:55 pm »

Walking turned out to be the right choice - as a series of steep inclines and washed-out gullies revealed themselves the moment the team crested the first hill. The track followed under high-tension lines as it went, overlooking the Potomac River in many spots, while an audible buzz greeted the ears each time the team walked under a tower. Here and there, along the way, were massive ruts that could swallow a Volkswagen - the remnants of dozers and heavy logging equipment that probably came through only once or twice a year to the clear brush.

The hike itself turned out to be quite the trek, taking nearly fifty minutes and working up a good sweat, in spite of the cool October air.

At length, the team arrived at the gate that delineated the backside of the High Oaks Castle property. It was a simple affair, shut and locked, but easy to walk around. The only thing it would really keep out was a vehicle, though a determined atv rider could bypass it as well. Back this far from the estate proper, there was no fence, just a steep ridge that ran alongside the access road - the gate sitting in a leveled-out slope and being the only way to bypass the ridge without actually climbing up the fifteen foot high embankment.

There was a glaring lack of path or trail beyond the gate however. Had there ever been one, it must have long since overgrown. And, as the team had already experienced with their first visit to the property, the area's ever ubiquitous tangles of briars, stinging nettle patches, and flourishing poison ivy promised to make the rest of the way to the castle a real chore.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:17:07 pm by BerkaZerka »
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5568
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2017, 06:06:37 pm »

"I don't suppose your tree-bear can clear a path for us?" Emend suggests, turning to Robor.
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2017, 09:11:07 pm »

"I don't think Robor's control is strong enough to hold if it's driven mad by a thousand stinging nettles - let us clear a path ourselves. I can purge whatever toxins we are stricken by or heal the minor cuts we will likely sustain on the way. Or you could set the whole thing on fire, but that might take too long."
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2017, 12:25:55 pm »

"Um, as an expert in the bear field," Usdiyona says, "I can tell you that a bear's fur protects it from pokey plants and such."

"And if you need any help explaining what you want it to do, well, we both speak the same language."
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2017, 02:17:56 pm »

Saint scratches his head a second, "It's intelligent enough for conversation? That's a surprise.

In that case, let us hurry through. We're running out of time on our spells. That bear won't be a bear very much longer at this pace."
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 16065
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »

"We've gone through it before. Sucks, but it's traversable."
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2017, 02:58:26 pm »

"Have da bear tree break us a path then!" Beats adds. Using his spacial awareness he tries to locate the easiest trail to follow and points it out
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:02:11 pm by Forge »
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2017, 03:40:09 pm »

The tree-bear rumbled something akin to a lazy complaint, and then trudged slowly ahead of the quorum, slashing through underbrush anywhere it got in its way.

Moving forward from the gate, Emend immediately noted something 'off'. While he could see nothing unusual with his supernal vision, he noted that the 'smell' of the woods had suddenly changed - a lingering odor seeped into his mind, like the wet underside of a leaf pile left to rot.

Before he could mention it to the others, something flashed in the corner of his vision like a burst of dull colored paints being dropped into water. The cloudy display was how his supernal vision was interpreting the nearby activation of a power.

That same instant, a small rock on the ground leapt up through the air and bounced off Robor's ephemeral shield with a sharp crack. Had he not been so protected, the rock could have easily bloodied Robor's head...
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »

Now on alert, Saint quickly cancels his Omnivision spell and replaces it with the more temporary Spatial Map, muttering the words of power quickly under his breath as he casts.

"Robor, you okay?"
Logged

killa_robot

  • Veteran Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 5568
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »

"We activated some sort of magic, although I'm unable to determine what kind," Emend explains. "Needless to say, it does not appear to be in our favour."
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2017, 05:23:41 pm »

The Saint's new spell failed to come together on the first try, so he was forced to try again. Fortunately, no further attacks came, as he went through the motions the second time. When it was finished, the Saint becoming acutely aware of everything around him.

Aside from his team (and the usual assortment of forest critters), no one else was on his radar. He did however spot a path winding through the area not too far up ahead.
Logged

Forge

  • BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • *****
  • Posts: 6879
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2017, 05:34:57 pm »

Beats quickly raises his fists in preparation to attack but does not cast any magic, relying on his mundane vision and spacial awareness for now.

"See anyone nearby?" He asks in general
Logged

Not Aman

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 16065
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2017, 07:21:39 pm »

"Weird." Robor says.

"Yeah I'm fine. Trap?"
Logged

Drakilian

  • Global Moderator
  • BHB Magistrate
  • *****
  • Posts: 18494
  • Kind eyes or Killer eyes, YOU decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2017, 08:47:41 pm »

"No. But last I checked rocks do not fly on their own. Whoever threw it either moved away or is able to hide through the spell. We should be careful. I'll keep looking but I can't promise anything"

Saint will keep casting his spatial map spell as he walks now, following the group. As he walks he uncaps a pen from his pocket and pulls out his phone to see his reflection, drawing a rune of Enoch onto his temple, to the left of his left eye.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:49:56 pm by Drakilian »
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2017, 09:07:46 pm »

Usdiyona uses her ability to peer across the veil.
Logged

BerkaZerka

  • Administrator
  • BHB Monarch
  • *****
  • Posts: 20431
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2017, 09:30:00 pm »

Peering across the veil, Usdiyona sees the lost human spirit of a little blond-haired girl in the woods up ahead, standing next to a guardian spirit in the form of a large German Shepard. The girl appears to be angry at the Disciples for some reason, while the guardian spirit grins in amusement at her efforts to use her powers on more of the small stones littering the area.

Something about the girl reminds Usdiyona of the Doll that Mama Kark was going to rip Usdiyona's soul out for - and the thought gives the bear-girl a sudden terrible chill.

Just beyond the two spirits, Usdiyona can make out the edge of a clearing - wherein appear to be a grove of unusual trees. It's hard to tell from here, but the short stout trees seem to be writhing about in disturbing ways and smell absolutely revolting! Even from here, the stench of unwashed sweaty bodies is enough to make Usdiyona's eyes water.
Logged

LadyZerka

  • Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1595
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2017, 09:48:51 pm »

"Why is this girl throwing rocks at you Robor?" Usdiyona asks - "And why is she so creepy? Kind of reminds me of that evil Doll."

"Oh, and did I mention she has a big scary-looking dog?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 09:56:14 pm by LadyZerka »
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up