Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Loose Ends  (Read 139865 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2017, 10:12:54 am »

Robor smiles.
"You won't last very long, demon." He says softly. The spirit is in Robor's domain. This shouldn't be difficult.

"You will not have the chance to harm anyone." He adds, before raises the iron ring to damage the spirit's corpus.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2017, 11:04:10 am »

Emend continues to exit the room with UsdiYona, leaving the doorman for the othets to deal with.

"I think we need to have a conversation about how to not follow strangers who offer you food, even if it's cake," Emend remarks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:13:36 pm by killa_robot »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:36 am »

Killer thinks for a second.

"Do what you can, but I believe he is stronger than you. Fall back if you get badly injured."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 29, 2017, 12:00:12 pm »

Beats swears a few times in frustration "Can anyone let me see dat thing?" as he takes a step back being unable to see it now

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2017, 12:11:19 pm »

Channeling essence and invoking its influence, Not on The List stood its ground - causing the spiritual manifestation of the velvet rope to abruptly lash outward across the veil at the disciples. The brass-bound ends flailed like hammers, while the thick length coiled around necks and limbs with a brutal crushing strength!

Robor and Miguel could see this clearly, while the Saint just saw a flurry of lashing shadows coming from the stairway. To Beats, it was like watching the Saint and Robor having an epileptic fit - until an invisible force cracked him in the chest, breaking a rib.

Robor was caught around the neck, and yanked sideways into a bookshelf. It felt as though his eyes would pop out of his head from the pressure!

The Saint (Killer) meanwhile, took a violent blow to the head from a brass-bound end - feeling the bones in his left brow shatter under the force! His vision exploded in a flash of white light, then slowly came back - albeit blurry and quickly obscuring from the blood now flowing down his face.

As Emend and UsdiYona had just walked out of the room, they were spared the onslaught.

In twilight, Miguel took a brass-bound end right through the torso! He gawked at the sight of himself impaled by a thick length of red velvet rope for a second, expecting something like that to be a mortal blow - then realizing that he was already dead and couldn't die again (right?), he chopped the rope in half with his halberd and took a swing at the doorman standing before him.

The doorman turned sideways, trying to evade the blow entirely, but Miguel had anticipated such a move and sheared off a small section of the shade's right arm.

Choking out words of power, Robor managed to inflict some damage on the doorman as well - causing spots of its blackness to mottle.

"Is that all you got?" the thing mocked, "At this rate we'll be here all night! And I don't expect you can last that long haha!"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:12:57 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2017, 05:19:28 pm »

"He will if I keep healing him", Killer mutters under his breath, as he drags himself into a sitting position. Only one thing he could really do right now anyway.

Spending a willpower point, he casts a healing spell targeted at the entirety of the team currently present.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2017, 05:19:02 pm »

Beats readies to charge jn and stab the... whatever demonic thing it is but holds his ground defending until he can see it

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2017, 09:53:02 pm »

Emend looks towards the sound of the crashing noise, before pressing on to the kitchen.

"I'm sure the others can handle a single bouncer. So do you only eat human food, or can you actually make it?" Emend asks UsdiYona.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 04, 2017, 11:03:52 am »

Robor nods.
"Okay, this thing is stronger then I thought. Let's move back outside of it's range." Robor says.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 04, 2017, 08:43:11 pm »

As all this went on, the Sklorch contented itself to chew on the end of a large sofa - having already eaten two of its three seat cushions...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 04, 2017, 10:01:15 pm »

Beats swears some more, his old lingo coming back to the fore before he retreats from the room "K, how we get dat thing into da open or let me see it?"  He asks clearly frustrated

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »

The Saint (Killer)'s balm of flesh rote was more than enough to heal everyone's wounds - the bones in his eye socket and Beats' rib resetting themselves and fusing back together.

Miguel, in twilight, was not effected however.

"Nice trick," the doorman replied to the Saint, "but it just means I have to hit you hard enough to keep you down this time."

With Robor and Beats ducking out of the library into the sitting room - the Saint (Killer), still on the floor, suddenly felt a tad vulnerable.

Ignoring Miguel, the doorman focused his supernatural energies on the priest and violently flung him toward the window!

"GET OUT!" the doorman hissed wickedly - as the Saint crashed bodily into the glass and frame! Bones broke against the wrought iron, as long shards buried themselves deep within his chest.

As the Saint bounced off the frame - landing back in the room - the doorman exclaimed, "So close! Haha! You got to admit, that would have been pretty sweet, right? 'GET OUT' - BAM! Right out the window, haha! Ya be like - 'Say what?!?' Damn!!!"

Miguel meanwhile, took another swing at the shade with his halberd.

"Let's see how you like it!" he growled, as he thrust the point of his polearm through the doorman's black silhouette!

The blow seemed to hit home, as the doorman stopped his crowing immediately and frowned.

"Oh, it's on now, Casper!" the doorman remarked, making a motion akin to cracking his knuckles.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:47:04 pm by BerkaZerka »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 06, 2017, 02:44:28 pm »

"I think we need to have a conversation about how to not follow strangers who offer you food, even if it's cake," Emend remarks.

"Why? Is there something wrong with cake?" ;D

Emend looks towards the sound of the crashing noise, before pressing on to the kitchen.

"I'm sure the others can handle a single bouncer. So do you only eat human food, or can you actually make it?" Emend asks UsdiYona.

"You mean you can make human food?" UsdiYona asked in surprise, "please, do tell!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2017, 06:13:54 pm »

Beats swears and runs back in to drag Priest out of the room with the annoying invisie thing "Farking ghost thing cant you spirit ppl harm it?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2017, 01:05:24 am »

"Sklortch! Get back into twilight and attack that demon." Robor commands the sklortch, as he walks back in, and attacks the demon's corpus again
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:34:58 pm by Not Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2017, 02:41:46 am »

Cursing internally, Killer starts casting, "I heard that being destroyed hurts. A lot. He weaves the magicks for his healing spell again, intermingling words of power in his speech as he casts his spell and spending another willpower point.

Can't really afford to half ass healing when on the verge of death.

"Hope you're ready for it."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 07, 2017, 02:03:43 pm »

"Why? Is there something wrong with cake?" ;D

"You mean you can make human food?" UsdiYona asked in surprise, "please, do tell!"

"I suppose I'll just show you how," Emend remarks. "I'm sure you can handle making simple food."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:13 am »

"Ooh!" UsdiYona replied with excitement, imagining all the possibilities. "What should we make first? Twinkies, Doritos, Snicker Bars, Pepsi, or fruit snacks?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2017, 04:56:19 pm »

"Ooh!" UsdiYona replied with excitement, imagining all the possibilities. "What should we make first? Twinkies, Doritos, Snicker Bars, Pepsi, or fruit snacks?"

"I was thinking something other than junk food. Not that I expect to find many ingredients," Emend replied.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2017, 07:45:45 pm »

Switching focus to Miguel, the doorman sent the spirit manifestation of the red velvet rope out to attack him. Miguel deflected most of the thrashing lengths with his halberd - taking only one significant hit in the process.

As this went on, the Saint (Killer) was able to heal himself again - the glass shards slipping from his body and the integrity of his bones reforming once more.

At Robor's command, the Sklorch spit out a half digested couch cushion, spun around, and snorted. It was then quickly distracted by a brass table lamp on a nearby stand and oozed over to begin munching on it. Almost the entirety of the rug in the library was now hopelessly ruined - not to mention what was left of the sofa.

For Robor's part, he raised his ring and corrupted even more of the doorman's corpus - as Miguel continued the onslaught with his halberd.

The fight between Miguel and the doorman only lasted a few moments longer, as Miguel took a few hits and then swiped off the doorman's head with an arcing swing of the poleaxe.

Sans head, the doorman flashed out of existence and was gone.

Back in the material world, the red velvet rope and brass stands abruptly fell over - clattering to the floor.

Turning to the Saint (Killer), Miguel smiled - "He was pretty tough, no? It was a good fight."

The Saint (Killer) then noticed something wrong with the conquistador's pattern, though the ghost did not seem to be aware of it. He was more translucent than he had been before, and seemed frayed at the edges...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:51:53 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2017, 07:47:04 pm »

Meanwhile, down in the kitchen, Emend and UsdiYona found that the place had been cleaned out of all foodstuffs - though plenty of utensils and the like remained.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2017, 09:28:16 pm »

"Yes, it was. Miguel, how are you feeling?"

He was a good investment.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »

"Hmm..." Miguel ponders, making a show of patting himself down - "I don't know. All right I guess, but I do feel a gnawing hunger in my gut. I would not have guessed that a ghost would have to eat."

"This is most strange, no?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2017, 07:29:45 pm »

Beats looks through the door "Dat invisible thing dead?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2017, 05:04:41 am »

"You were almost destroyed just there. You will need to recover, we only have one foe left in this castle and they are up that attic where you cannot follow anyway. Rest, see if you can absorb any essence from the pool downstairs."

Wouldn't do to waste him
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:11:00 am by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2017, 06:45:32 am »

"Wouldn't say dead. Gone would be more accurate." Robor says.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2017, 07:35:41 pm »

"Guessin dats a yes then?" Beats says as he walks back in the room "The next enemy better not be invisible too." He adds

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2017, 11:52:35 am »

"You were almost destroyed just there. You will need to recover, we only have one foe left in this castle and they are up that attic where you cannot follow anyway. Rest, see if you can absorb any essence from the pool downstairs."

"Huh," Miguel considered, "I do not want to think about what happens if I am destroyed, after I am already deceased."

"But yes, I will go to that pool room. There is something about the place that seemed fulfilling in some way."

"Good luck with what lies up those stairs. I will wait for your return - or for whatever bonds us to draw me to you once again."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 14, 2017, 02:45:04 pm »

"Beats, Robor", Killer says as he checks himself to make sure he's still all in once piece.

"Emend said we have to be naked to get up there."

Satisfied, he pats his hands against his pants and looks up.

"Can either of you please check to make sure he was wrong or lying?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 14, 2017, 08:52:13 pm »

"Might scare da ladies with my whitey white body but no issue wid me" Beats jokes as he heads up the stairs to test whatever is up there.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 16, 2017, 11:32:57 am »

High Oaks Castle - Attic Space

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 16, 2017, 11:38:40 am »

Heading up the wooden stairs into the attic space, Beats sees an otherwise empty storage area. He notes that the east wing of the castle's attic is closed off by a sturdy-looking oak door - though the brass handle has apparently been broken off and lies on the floor nearby.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »

He calls back down semi-quietly "clear so far!" Then heads over to check out the door, seeing if it opens just by pushing or pulling on it.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2017, 12:48:50 pm »

Posted by: Forge
« on: 2017-07-14, 20:52:13 » Insert Quote
"Might scare da ladies with my whitey white body but no issue wid me" Beats jokes as he heads up the stairs to test whatever is up there.
"Ill have you know, the ladies loved the whitey white body." Robor grumbles, as he follows Beats up

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 16, 2017, 04:59:03 pm »

Killer follows up behind the two, sword drawn.

"I hope to take you at your word on that one Robor"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2017, 06:28:20 pm »

Meanwhile, down in the kitchen, Emend and UsdiYona found that the place had been cleaned out of all foodstuffs - though plenty of utensils and the like remained.

"Looks like we'll have to postpone our cooking project," Emend remarks. "I suppose we could help up a floor and pick out our rooms while the others take care of the attic," he suggests.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 21, 2017, 10:05:39 am »

"Which one do you want?" UsdiYona asks, "can I be by you?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2017, 10:39:32 am »

As Robor and the Saint (Killer) came upstairs to join Beats, Beats found that he could simply push the sturdy oak door open (the latching mechanism have been compromised by the removal of its brass handle).

Beyond the doorway was a strange laboratory of some kind, filled with work benches, similar to the ones down in the basement vault. These however, were covered in an assortment of dark colored fabrics and sewing paraphernalia, rather than riches.

Atop one of the work benches, at the far side of the room, sat a medium-sized dog kennel cage - strange braided strands of knotted fabric arranged in unusual patterns around it. A rather large diamond also hung directly over it - suspended from a silver wire, hanging off an iron nail in the low attic ceiling.

Beyond that, Beats could see another oak door - it too, missing its brass knob.

Cautiously stepping through the doorway, Beats was stopped by an invisible force, pressing against his body.

Emend was right - the laboratory seemed to blocking entry to his clothing.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2017, 01:48:42 pm »

Sighing, Killer tries to put his sword through the barrier, as well as extend his senses (casting analyze life on a random patch of floor past the barrier and spatial map in quick succession) to see if any of his magic could get through.

If this fails, he will strip without saying a word to the other two, and walk stiffly (pun intended) through.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2017, 06:29:09 pm »

"Which one do you want?" UsdiYona asks, "can I be by you?"

"Naturally I will be taking the master bedroom," Emend replies. "There's a room beside that if you want, and then the rest of the disciples can have the rooms down the hall."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2017, 08:13:27 pm »

Beats strips down quickly, making a few more skinny white guy comments then heads inside.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »

"Watch yourself Beats." Robor mutters, as he strips down.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 23, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

The Saint (Killer) found that his spells could not perceive the other side of the doorway - even though his weapon had no problem going through.

The ban appeared to block spatial arcana, as well as everyone's clothing, which would account for no one being able to scry into it. There would also be a spirit component of some kind, which would explain why Miguel couldn't enter - and probably why Doll couldn't leave.

Heading into the laboratory, the Disciples had ready access to large bolts of fabric - should modesty be an issue - as the Saint's attention was drawn to small voices giggling out from under one of the work benches.

"Hee hee hee hee! They're naked! Don't look! Don't look! Tee hee hee hee!"

Neither Robor or Beats could hear the voices, though Robor could sense a disturbing demonic presence, emanating from behind the closed oak door at the far end of the space.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2017, 08:50:03 pm »

Killer makes haste to clothe himself.

If the doll was anything like Hans, she wouldn't attack straight away anyway, might as well provide himself with some modicum of modesty in the meantime.

Once done, he will again cast spatial map (now having passed through the barrier), and then analyze life on the doll and whatever else might be with her (provided they can be analyzed at all).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:53:46 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2017, 08:57:35 pm »

Beats simply wraps a piece of cloth around himself like a kilt and ties it off "Right, where's this girl we came to find den?" He asks out loud "An pleas don't say she's invisible too..."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2017, 09:10:24 pm »

"Naturally I will be taking the master bedroom," Emend replies. "There's a room beside that if you want, and then the rest of the disciples can have the rooms down the hall."

"Sounds great, let's go check 'em out!" UsdiYona replies. "Do you think they have mints on the pillows?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2017, 12:02:44 am »

"I'm sensing a demonic presence nearby. I'm gonna guess you cant see anything." Robor says, raising his ring.
"But I'll share with you the sight. I'm very charitable obviously ." Robor says, giving Beats spirit sight

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2017, 06:43:44 pm »

As Robor bestowed Beats with the fleshless speech, the Saint (Killer) took a look around with his spatial map. The area being warded against space proved very claustrophobic, when magically scrutinized from within. It was like the attic laboratory and small room beyond represented the entirety of existence - there just wasn't anything else past its confines.

As for that small room behind the door, it was made even smaller by the sloping attic ceiling. Inside appeared to be a child's nursery, with a small frilly bed, mirrored dresser, short round tea table, and matching chairs.

Propped up on the bed was a large child-sized doll, with long blond hair, wearing a white dress, black buckle shoes, and pink sash tied in a bow. Its eyes were closed - and it did not appear animated - but looked disturbingly life-like.

A shudder ran up the Saint (Killer's) spine, as he realized that the doll had the ghost-girl Kelsey's face and hair - probably her real face and hair too!

A quick casting of analyze life showed that the doll was completely un-living however.

As for the source of the voices he was hearing, (clearly that of small children) nothing was showing up - though they continued to talk to each other from under one of the workbenches in the laboratory.

"What are they doing now?"

"How should I know? I can't look."

"They might still be naked."

"That's why I can't look! You look!"

"No way!!!"

As this went on, Robor continued to feel the demonic presence - but it was coming from the room beyond the door - not from within the laboratory itself. That, and neither he nor Beats could hear the voices the Saint (Killer) was hearing. To them, the immediate area looked clean.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:49:59 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2017, 07:19:09 pm »

"Thanks for the sight." Beats says then heads for the next door "Doesn't look like anything ere, shall we head on?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2017, 11:40:08 pm »

"Maybe. Saint, what are you seeing?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up