Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Loose Ends  (Read 139867 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2017, 09:36:37 am »

"I can hear two voices here with us, perhaps more of the children. The doll does not appear to be animated but I do not wholly trust my analysis."

Then, in a louder voice, "We're clothed, you can come out now!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2017, 10:29:53 am »

״ There is a demon in the next room.״ Robor states. "I'd be cautious of the voices."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2017, 01:22:22 pm »

In response to the Saint (Killer)'s directive - though perhaps not intended for them - two ghostly heads popped out from under a nearby workbench.

Both were young children, between the ages of six and eight. The older of the two being a curly-haired black girl, approximately the same size and build as Doll, while the other was a fair-skinned red-haired girl - who's skin tone matched Mama Kark's wicked creation to a 'T'.

Saint (Killer) could surmise the modes of the two children's death, based on some tell-tale signs. The black girl had hand marks around her neck, like the girl Kelsey had - meaning Mama Kark has strangled her. The white girl had blood stains soaking her back, where a long slit in her clothing ran from between the shoulder blades to the small of her back. This one had been slit open with the thirsty cleaver, in order to harvest her lovely skin.

With their other sights going, both Robor and Beats could see the two apparitions - though the details were extremely blurred. This was due to the offset between the two arcanum at work - one dealing with the spirits of the dead and the other more suited to reveal demonic influence.

Neither Robor or Beats could hear what the girls were saying however, but they at least could see where they were now.

"Who are you?" the older black child asked the Saint (Killer) precociously.

As this went on, the Saint (Killer) was still aware of what lay on the other side of the oak door - though it made no movements or gave any indication that it was something other than a large creepy doll.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:26:33 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2017, 04:39:06 pm »

"Sounds great, let's go check 'em out!" UsdiYona replies. "Do you think they have mints on the pillows?"

"Pretty sure they weren't running a bed and breakfast here, so no, I doubt there will be mints," Emend replies as he heads towards the master bedroom.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:27 pm »

"I can see dem this time, though blurry. Like that movie with tha tv girl thing." Beats helpfully adds

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 28, 2017, 12:34:07 am »

Well, good thing my better half isn't seeing this; he'd be crying his eyes out at such a pitiful sight.

"My name is Saint. I'm a priest, i've been sent here to cleanse this castle of the evils that inhabit it, as well as help the spirits of the fallen who reside here. I would help you if you would let me, though first my companions and I will have to destroy the doll created by the evil woman who used to live here.

Are you able to leave the attic?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 28, 2017, 06:45:14 pm »

"No, we can't leave," the other girl replied to Saint (Killer), "we want to go home, but the big bad lady won't let us!"

"Yeah, she yells at us when she sees us," the other explained - "That's why we have to hide."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 28, 2017, 11:20:55 pm »

With some small measure of confusion, Killer looks to the kids.

"When was the last time you saw the big bad lady?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 29, 2017, 10:55:07 am »

"They asking about a big bad lady? If ya mean Mama Kark, She's gone for good and won't be coming back." Beats adds hearing Saints responses if not the ghost actual words.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 29, 2017, 08:50:02 pm »

The children both pursed their lips and gave a shrug.

"I don't know," the little black girl answered, while the little white girl scratched her head, as if trying to remember.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2017, 09:21:51 pm »

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, my friends and I already dealt with a rather frightening woman named Mama Kark. She should be gone now, forever. You don't have to be afraid anymore.

But there's still one more thing that we need to deal with here, I'm afraid. There used to be a doll up here, and inside a poor girl's soul is trapped in its body. We need to free her, same as we freed Hans."

Killer looks at Beats and Robor and jerks his head towards the Oaken door behind which was the Doll.

"I'm sorry for what you're about to see, but we are only helping this poor soul free herself from her cage."

With that Killer, his unused sword still drawn, waits for his companions to engage the doll.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:17:56 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2017, 12:40:32 am »

Beats happily takes the hint having been pretty useless so far. He heads right over to the door and barely waits for Robor to be ready before swinging it open and stepping back and to the side, guard up.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2017, 12:47:24 am »

Robor nods, and readies his ring.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 30, 2017, 12:13:19 pm »

Looking in, Beats and Robor could see the small slope-ceilinged room that the Saint (Killer) had already observed through his spatial map.

The doll - looking so realistic and fake all at the same time - abruptly opened its eyes and stared at Beats with glassy blue eyes. Meeting its gaze filled one with a sense of unease and revulsion - there was something horribly wrong here - something demonic. With Robor's spell, Beats could feel the malevolent entity emanating from within the doll. This was what Robor had perceived earlier and what gave the doll a semblance of life, though like all things infernal, it was a false life - a lie.

The doll's mouth then moved, almost puppet like, and little girl's voice asked, "Where is my mama? Have you seen my Mama?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2017, 02:19:37 am »

"Mama's dead bitch"

Killer opts to distract the doll as long as he can for his comrades, until he is once more relegated to healing them of their inevitably grievous wounds.

"Yes, actually. Not too long ago, a week or so. What's your name little girl?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2017, 03:37:48 am »

Robor grimaces. Even if it is a demonic spirit, it's still feels wrong to destroy a child. Even if its only masquerading as one.

"Beats, just hold it off while I destroy the demon possesing the doll." Robor says, as he casts Damage Corpus yet again.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 31, 2017, 12:53:54 pm »

Beats readies his defences and a counter punch, moving inside the door a few feet. The moment the doll moved in range he would strike with his prepared knife fists, if however it was a ranged type, he would charge it.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2017, 12:59:15 pm »

"I am Doll," the doll answered Saint (Killer), before snapping her gaze toward Robor and narrowing her eyes.

"You're trying to hurt me!" she accused, folding her arms across her little chest. "You are a bad man and that makes me mad!"

Robor's spell meanwhile, went off without a problem - other than having no effect on the doll whatsoever. Apparently, she was not the demonic spirit Robor was sensing. Whatever that was, definitely originated from inside her however - but seemed shielded from his spell in whatever current state it was in.

Perhaps if Robor could somehow expel the demon from the doll first?

For her own part, the doll didn't make any moves to attack, but rather seemed satisfied to snub Robor and then make a show of ignoring him.

"Hmph!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »

Robor nods, knowing what ge has to do.
"I need to exorcise the demon. Watch out." Robor says, as he begins to chant in the language of the heavens, and wave his iron ring symbolicly

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 01, 2017, 03:14:27 pm »

Beats glances around the room, seeing that it hadn't attacked yet "So, erm, dis your room then? You always stay in here?" he begins in order to get the dolls attention.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2017, 05:58:37 pm »

"Are you alone in there, Doll?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »

As Robor cast his spell, Doll answered Beats; "This is my room. I stay here until Mama lets me out to play."

At the Saint (Killer)'s query, Doll replied, "What do you mean ' in there'? My room?"

As this went on, Robor felt no resistance to his exorcism, which would not normally be the case - it should be a contest of wills, lasting a few moments at least. It was as if there was no spirit there to excise, yet he could still sense its presence within the doll.

The thought then occurred to him, that Hans had been 'powered' by some kind of magical gem. A 'shadow stone', as Sarapheen had called it. Maybe Doll had something like that inside her too...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:08 pm »

"Oh. Right. Forgot about that." Robor mutters.

"There's probably a whatchamacallit in it. The demon-stone-holding-soul thing. It's protecting the demon from my magic. Can't touch it."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2017, 07:24:37 pm »

"Can ya tell where it is?" Beats asks Robor, flicking his headphones to a more agressive rap track but leaving them around his neck so he could hear the music but not drown out other noise.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 03, 2017, 12:40:00 am »

Killer taps his skull, "In there."

"There's something very, very evil inside of you. I think a friend of yours, Hans, had the same problem. We helped fix him, maybe we can help fix you too. We can take you to see Mama Kark when we're done. Would you like that? I know you probably don't get out much and all, stuck up in here."

Then he smiles and offers the girl his hand.

"It must get so lonely being up here by yourself. Even Hans has his rats. Let's be friends."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:42:36 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 03, 2017, 05:06:57 pm »

"You know where Mama is?" Doll asked hopefully, extending her hand to let the Saint (Killer) take it.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 03, 2017, 05:08:51 pm »

Meanwhile, downstairs, Emend and UsdiYona staked their claims on the master and guest bedrooms - finding the large spacious chambers much to their liking.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 03, 2017, 05:37:42 pm »

"Yes. She's been sick and couldn't leave her rooms, Hans has been taking care of her with my help. I'm a healer you see, I can work magic just like your mom.".

Saint sits down and bids the Doll sit next to him. He leaves his sword leaning against the wall behind him.

"Now, close your eyes, but listen carefully. My friends will begin speaking words of power, so that they can summon their magic to them."

As soon as his comrades attack Saint will try to overpower the Doll with his own brute, enhanced strength and keep her hands off of them while they destroy her body.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:41:01 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 04, 2017, 09:34:41 am »

Doll did not sit down with the Saint, but rather stepped back.

"You are a liar too!" she accused - "Get out of my room!"

An angry scowl then crossed her face.

"I'm telling Mama on you. You are all bad men! Mama will punish you!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 04, 2017, 10:44:44 am »

Killer bites his lip and then says "All right, I didn't want to tell you this because I didn't want an outburst but Mama Kark is in much worse condition than I let on, and Hans is unable to help her. Please forgive me."

Should this fail (because Beats inevitably attacks first) Killer will seize his sword and begin cutting wildly at the Doll, spending a willpower point to ensure his success.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:49:49 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 04, 2017, 10:44:58 am »

Dd iding that the talking is over Beats begins with "Sorry lil doll, but your mama's dead" Beats says sadly as he goes in with a haymaker at the dolls head, forcing himself to remember that it it a horrific flesh golem not a real child.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2017, 01:19:09 pm »

Robor nods, and draws his magical shield sword, and attacks the doll

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2017, 01:50:40 pm »

Doll was stunned - first by the revelation that Mama Kark was dead, then by Beats landing a heavy blow upside her head. Beats could feel his knife-fist penetrating human skull, beneath preserved human skin.

Doll toppled over from the impact and did not get back up - her eyes closed - and sawdust spilling from the gash in her head.

Taking advantage of the situation, Robor brought his imbued sword down on the prone girl. Her arm lopping off at the shoulder, revealing child-sized humerus, clavical, and scapula bones packed in more sawdust.

With a cry, Doll startled back awake - "W... what are you doing?!? Don't hurt me! No!!! Mama! Help help!!" she begged - her pleads so convincing that pangs of guilt suddenly slammed into the disciples.

Something about the cries exhilarated the Saint (Killer) however, and he felt a hidden glee that the kid was making such a show of it. This was rich, especially given that his companions were probably buying it and feeling awful about what they were doing. She wasn't real though. Too bad.

With a half hidden smile, Saint (Killer) impaled the doll through the chest with his angelic sword.

After a few more moments of weak struggle, Doll went limp - this time for good.

At her 'death', a rush of euphoria surged through the Saint (Killer) and he could feel the Saint stirring within. What was this? Surly the fake girl's death didn't count? Did it?

Stumbling back, the Saint (Killer now gone) came to consciousness - finding himself in an unfamiliar place in a rather odd-looking situation. Of course anywhere was better than the horror show the flesh grove had been. Bit how did they get out of that situation? Where were they now? Attic of High Oaks Castle? How much time had he been blacked out this time?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2017, 02:44:42 pm »

"Dis is all farkin shite" Beats mutters, flicking his track over to somthing a lot darker to match his mood "Didnt sign up to kill a kid even if she was fake." he adds then heads back towards the door "Gonna check around for somthin more real ta fight."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2017, 03:33:12 pm »

Robor shakes his head.
"I hate this part of the job." He says, as he starts to cut through the doll to get at the demonstone

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 05, 2017, 03:52:10 pm »

I'm being cheated! I'll just have to make up for it next time.

---

Huh? Where am I?

Saint stares at the dead Doll, limp and still impaled on his sword, and he pulls the blade out, making the sign of the cross over her.

She must have been like that poor little Hans, the Doll that Emend mentioned

He looks around, taking in his surroundings.

What the hell happened?

He pauses, closes his eyes and rubs at his temples.

"This sucks", he mutters under his breath.

I'll ask them later what happened. Beats or Robor, I'll ask them when we're alone. I don't want to scare anyone.

I'm losing time... Lord, these trials of yours are oh so trying, but are they truly so terrible that my mind cannot keep hold of them?

Am I truly so weak?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2017, 04:47:07 pm »

"Hey Robor, you don't need me here right now do you? Everyone is uninjured?", Saint asks

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2017, 06:34:24 pm »

Robor shakes his head.
"No. I'm good." Robor mutters

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 06, 2017, 12:41:05 pm »

Robor found that the bones inside Doll were somewhat brittle and had no problem breaking open the skull along the gash Beats had created. As he dug around to see if anything was hidden inside, he marveled at the incredibly fine stitching down the back of the golem's neck - where Mama Kark had sewn her skin closed.

It was an ugly reminder, that this was the actual remains of dead children - cobbled together into the nightmarish living doll they had just destroyed.

After a moment or two, Robor removed a large diamond from the sawdust - similar to the one they had seen hanging in the laboratory. It glowed an eerie colored green with moving swirls of liquid black inside. In fact, there was a lot more black in the diamond than glowing green, but the radiance of the green overpowered the darkness. For some reason, it brought thoughts of blood sucking leaches to mind - swarming around their prey.

Whatever this gem was, it was completely different from the shade stone the disciples had found in Hans. That stone was a small smoky black-quartz crystal and had no radiance in it at all. Neither did the shade stone seem to harbor any malevolent entity like this diamond did - it being the source of the demonic presence Robor was feeling in the room.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 06, 2017, 04:18:05 pm »

Saint looks at it for a second and says "Maybe we should wait for Sarapheen to coke back before destroying that. It looks different somehow."

Then he shrugs, "Do as you will."

He goes downstairs, remembering that the bouncer should have been at the base of the attic stairs

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 06, 2017, 05:45:35 pm »

Saint found the red velvet theater rope and brass stands at the bottom of the wooden stairs, but no doorman present.

He did however, take immediate notice of the fully manifested Sklorch in the library - or what was left of the library - as the Sklorch seemed to have completely digested everything within - right down to the bare wooden flooring!

It currently sat in a bloated heap near the window, soaking up sun rays like a giant over-indulged cat, and did not appear to have seen the Saint yet.

Something about the oddly broken window frame (and shards of bloody glass on the floor) pricked a hazy memory in the Saint's mind. There must have been a fight in here, but with who? Surly his companions wouldn't have left the Sklorch alive, if they had been fighting it...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 06, 2017, 05:47:56 pm »

Robor examines the stone.
"I think it might be in the process of corruption, maybe." Robor mutters, examining the daimond. Could he excorsize the demon from the stone now that it is free from the doll?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 06, 2017, 08:58:55 pm »

"Vile creature", Saint mutters.

We must have destroyed the bouncer when he didn't let us through. No matter, he should re-manifest eventually, hopefully before I have another blackout.

"I suppose it is Robor's."

He closes and rubs his eyes for a second.

"I wonder where Emend and Usdi are?"

Saint casts Spatial Map, hoping to find the two somewhere in the castle. Should he succeed he will look for them.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 07, 2017, 08:28:16 am »

Saint's spatial map revealed Emend and Usdiyona in the gallery walking towards the library. No one else appeared to be in the castle - and the attic spaces were still warded from his view.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:51 am »

Given that they are coming here, Saint waits for the two to get to him

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 07, 2017, 05:42:07 pm »

Beats simpy goes wandering theough looking out for bad guys, demons etc. not really expecting to find much but using it as a good distraction. He plans to ens up at the pool

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2017, 05:59:01 pm »

Meanwhile, downstairs, Emend and UsdiYona staked their claims on the master and guest bedrooms - finding the large spacious chambers much to their liking.

With the bedrooms claimed, Emend makes his way to the Gaming Room to see if he finds anything unusual.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 12, 2017, 09:17:10 am »

UsdiYona walks into the library and sees Saint. "Is that creepy demon doll gone for good? She asks.

Looking at the Sklorch, she then complains, "how come that thing gets to eat and no one ever feeds me? Sheesh!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 13, 2017, 12:13:29 pm »

As Beats and Emend spread out to check over the rest of the castle, it became clear that nothing else remained in it, save a few ghosts and Robor's Sklorch - which seemed to be doing a lot more damage to the place than anything else.

In the attic spaces, Robor noticed the blurred forms of the murdered children standing in the doorway, watching what he was doing with the green glowing diamond. They may or may not have been trying to ask (or tell) him something, but he couldn't hear or make anything out with his current sights. It was a reminder however, that the other ghost, Kelsey, was also still waiting out in the woods with that puppy spirit of his, for the disciples to return.

In the sitting room, UsdiYona waited to see what the Saint had to say about one thing or the other...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:44:36 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 14, 2017, 07:09:56 am »

"She might be, it depends on what Robor decides to do with the shade stone."

Then, "I never feed you? I think my empty fridge would have something to say about that!" He says, giving a wan smile.

Saijr hesitates for a moment before continuing, "Usdi, can you keep a secret?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up