Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howdy, Space Cowboys  (Read 8157 times)

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
Howdy, Space Cowboys
« on: July 02, 2017, 01:47:33 pm »

I've come crawling back everyone. I wish I'd never left. Seth and Berka's games were both quite a lot of fun, but my role in both had been on pause for a couple weeks and I slowly stopped checking. University life got into full swing and before I knew it, It had been a full month. By that time I'd resumed my weekly Pathfinder sessions so my spare time was going into preparing those sessions or playing Overwatch in excess. That campaign finally came to an end after three years, and I've cut back on my gaming.

Well I'm back now with a few orders of business.
I'd like to play something.
I'd like to read over the tales of the Dandy Desperado.
Then, after Paizo's new product Starfinder launches in a August, I'd like to see about running it here.

That's really what brought me back. I'd just rewatched CowboyBebop, and had been, and still am, waiting impatiently for Starfinder to release. I said to myself, "self, you know the perfect place for all this kind of fun. You never should have left in the first place."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:52:23 pm by Ugilick »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy, Space Cowboys
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:21:29 pm »

I know that feeling. I often tell myself i shoulden't be doing stuff. I do them anyway.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:17:38 pm »

I got really busy too and am currently Dm for 1 5e game, about to DM a short intro for a new player and also am a player in a 3rd game... but I always keep checking in here lol. Im working a lot o  nights at the hospital so they actually mean I have some more time to do online things so if another game started up Id deff play.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:52:36 pm »

Hi Ugilick, welcome back! I'm interested in anything you might want to run.

As for Tales of the Dandy Desperado, it's been on hold for a while, but we keep it around with the idea of one day getting back into it.  :)

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 10:07:04 pm »

How many BHB adventures do you have available for purchase? Small Fry is included in the base game, Ghost in the Machine, and Operation A.P.E. are one shots. Which books have adventures included in them, and where do you suggest someone to purchase them from?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 12:00:50 am »

Whos this fiend with a crazy mustache

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 12:31:31 am »

Nice to see you again too, "Mrs" "Bagdhaddy"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 02:56:04 am »

Im not even sure where that joke is from abymore. I think its from something trump said

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 11:45:26 am »

How many BHB adventures do you have available for purchase? Small Fry is included in the base game, Ghost in the Machine, and Operation A.P.E. are one shots. Which books have adventures included in them, and where do you suggest someone to purchase them from?

You can get everything here on BHB (plus the cool BHB Titan status) for a small one-time fee.  ;D  8)

http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=940.0
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:47:17 am by BerkaZerka »

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 10:17:53 pm »

A quick update!
Starfinder has been out for a while now. I've been trekking through the rule book and deciding on how and when to get to playing it. I am strongly considering bringing a game of it here.

I didn't leave this time, I swear, I was just watching - quietly...from afar...but not that far.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 10:18:37 pm »

Creepy

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 10:26:22 pm »

>_>

<_<

>_>

But...
I thought lurking was an acceptable internet behavior.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 10:35:34 pm »

Only if you don't admit to it. ;)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 03:11:20 pm »

Hello again Ugilick!

So, what is the gist of Starfinder?

Ugilick

• Professional
  • Bound in a logic knot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 09:00:21 pm »

It's a fantasy space setting which runs highly modified D&D 3.5 rules. It's the latest thought child of Paizo publishing. The core rulebook presents a number of playable races including all the classic alien species archetypes done up nicely. We've got our humans of course, but also bugs, reptiles, green people, four armed people, synthetic people, and rat people. The system has stat blocks for all the classic fantasy races as well, may they never rest.

There are seven classes as well. The Envoy, Mechanic, Mystic, Operative, Solarian, Soldier, and Technomancer. There are 9 themes you build off, Pilot, Bounty Hunter, Icon, Mercenary, Outlaw, Priest, Scholar, Spacefarer, and Xenoseeker. You could also choose to remain themeless. Thus there are 490 combinations, each there own, as race, theme, and class bring there own bonuses to the table.

The rules are all over on the Starfinder SRD.

A key part of the setting is a historic event about 100 years past in which the whole universe seems to have lost all record or recollection of its history over a very long span of time, and at the same time, the human home world vanished. Now that the intergalactic community have recovered somewhat from that, groups loosely aligned by the Pact, are exploring again. There is a loose governmental grip out there in the black.
Pages: [1]   Go Up