Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Web  (Read 154915 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Web
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2017, 05:02:12 pm »

The cubes were solid and only moved when one of them burned out and broke away. As long as the disciples paid attention to the cubes beneath their feet, they wouldn't fall into the abyss - though being thrown off one's feet was a real possibility, should the row or column suddenly shift as they were standing on it.

Those with eyes of the matrix could tell that each cube represented a unique connection.

Scanning the area, the Saint spotted a cube about thirty yards off that appeared to be encased in a thick coating of ice. It was the only cube that stood out in any way from the rest (other than those that turned gray before crumbling apart).

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2017, 05:18:29 pm »

Saint approaches the cube and lays a hand onto it.

"It's this one", he says.

"We should all go at once, in case this one collapses like the others".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:04:52 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15:52 am »

Beats, who was moving slowly closer to the avatar to attack it, tuts and gives ul on his approach. He instead moves quickly over to Saint and readies to go through as soon as the others are close

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:15 pm »

"I did," Emend tells the 'Prince'. "I should have known that scam was the work of a demon."

With that, he turns away from the Prince and follows Saint.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2017, 06:54:15 pm »

"And what about you?" the prince asked UsdiYona - "Not interested in my offer of 'free pizza for life'? I must say I am surprised. You struck me as someone who could really appreciate piping hot pizza, dripping with mozzarella, extra sauce, and only the choicest of toppings. And none of that funky stuff like those disgusting mushrooms. Talk about some real forest food there - Ahahahahahahaha!!!"

The Saint meanwhile, could feel Faith's resonance about the cube, but trying to enter the connection proved futile. The ice, coating the cube, was like a closed door with a combination lock on it.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:05 pm »

"That's kind of cruel, don't you think there prince?"

"Does that offer still stand with no strings attached perhaps?"

"You know, you did drag me off the couch and through a light socket without letting me grab my popcorn first."

"What the hell kind of place is this anyway?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2017, 09:25:35 am »

"There are a few, uh, provisos, a, a couple of quid pro quos." the prince replied to UsdiYona with a sly wink.

"I'll just need your social security number and date of birth; and we can sign you right up! What do you say?"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2017, 02:09:07 pm »

"What?!?" UsdiYona replies. "I don't even know what a social security number is and who remembers the day they were born? Sheesh!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »

"I would be delighted to sell you either (or both) for a trivially small administrative processing fee," the prince offered, smiling broadly.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2017, 02:15:49 pm »

"But I don't have any money!" UsdiYona Huff's, folding her arms in disgust.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2017, 02:19:55 pm »

"It's not a problem!" The prince explained; "See, I will give you a check for, say $5000, and you just deposit in your bank account to get the money. You pay me a paltry $125 and keep the rest. Then free pizza for life!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2017, 02:57:12 pm »

"It's locked down".

"Robor, do us a favour and try again", he says, as he turns, sword drawn, and steps towards the administrator.

"If you don't tell me how to open that door I will destroy you. I hear that it's extremely painful.

You exist across countless different servers. I wonder how it would feel to feel yourself dying a thousand different times across a thousand different places?

Trust me demon, if I lose my daughter I will have nothing better to do."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »

"I may be a starving, melting away to nothing, nobody cares if I wither, kind of spirit bear," UsdiYona says, "but I do know a scam when I see one."

"I don't like you anymore prince," she concludes, sticking out her tongue and stomping a foot.

"I guess I'm just gonna go help tear you to pieces, if you harm my friends"

UsdiYona then turns herself into a stone, as a defiant gesture towards the prince.

When she turns back, she let's her comrades know that the traffic cone Mother Rosemary had taken out of the house that one time was actually her - hahaha.

"Didn't know I could do that huh?"  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:08:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2017, 09:14:45 pm »

"If you don't tell me how to open that door I will destroy you. I hear that it's extremely painful.

You exist across countless different servers. I wonder how it would feel to feel yourself dying a thousand different times across a thousand different places?

Trust me demon, if I lose my daughter I will have nothing better to do."

"Your daughter is missing?" The prince asked, feigning surprise.

"Then by all means, take your leave."

"To bypass the security lock on that connection, all you have to do is stand on it, face any direction and then step to the right cube, step to the fore cube, step back, then right, then left twice back onto the ice cube (as it were). Think of it as a four pin code haha!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2017, 12:20:42 am »

If he's lying i'm going to kill him.

Saint does as the spirit had said.

Or if it can feel pain, i'll drag the answer out of it first.
  |
>  <<
   |
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:23:02 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2017, 03:52:27 pm »

As the Saint followed the Prince's instructions, his eyes of the matrix could see data beginning to assemble itself in response to his movements. It was related to the ice coating Faith's connection somehow, but the Saint couldn't really tell in what way exactly.

The moment he completed his first step back to the left however, something happened, bringing his wrath boiling to the surface.

Ice data leapt up from the cube next to Faith's, instantly encasing the Saint completely. He found that while he didn't feel as though he was suffocating, he also couldn't move an inch.

"Hahahaha!" the Nigerian Prince laughed at the entirely expected development; "That is some pretty expensive 'ransomware'. But I can probably let the encryption key go for a hundred grand. What do you say?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2017, 09:45:30 pm »

"Or you could do it for free." Robor commands the demon, raising his ring.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2017, 10:27:52 pm »

Beats examins the box and ice with Space and forces to try and find a 'Hack'. Maybe he could rearrange the connections somehow.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2017, 11:29:52 pm »

Saint silently casts a spell and attempts to shift into a snake (Anaconda) (Life 4 - shapechanging).

He'll try to slither out of the trap by any means, even if it costs him his own skin.

If he fails to escape it he will shift back into his human form and cast a silent, if futile, killing curse on the prince (Life 4 - Life Force Assault)

If he successfully escapes he'll go straight for the prince, aiming to entangle and crush the foul avatar.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2017, 11:57:56 am »

"Or you could do it for free." Robor commands the demon, raising his ring.

"Are we not all capitalists at heart?" the Prince replied to Robor (apparently unfazed by the command).

Then observing Beats scrutinizing the ice data, he added - "See, there? That man seeks to undermine the system for his own gain, rather than pay a fair price for the service offered."

With his eyes of the Matrix, Beats found that he could indeed influence the flow of data to a small degree, but felt that his overall skill with forces was a bit lacking for the task at hand. If only he could control the data flow, rather than simply influence it...

He could tell with space however, that the currently blocked connection led off to a point somewhere in Dallas Texas.

The Saint meanwhile, changed his form to that of a giant snake. He was still trapped fast however, and quickly realized that the cold had an even more adverse effect on him, while in a cold-blooded skin.

Changing back, he then attempted to unravel the Prince's lifeform directly, but the effort was thwarted by the Prince's seemingly endless ability to resist the disciples' magic.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:13:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2017, 12:06:44 pm »

"Yo, Emend!" Beats calls "I think dis ones for you, my Forces aint strong enough."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »

Emend nods to Beats, before attempting to use control electricity to free Saint and properly open the connection to Faith.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2017, 06:41:52 pm »

Giving it a try, Emend found that he could easily manipulate the data trapping the Saint with his ability to control electricity. The challenge was figuring out how to move it around (or organize it) to get the desired results.

After a few moments, Emend hit on the right combination, and the ice began to recede from the Saint.

"Looks like R & D needs to rethink their algorithms," the Prince huffed; waving a hand at the still encased connection that led to Faith. In an instant, the cube abruptly burned out and began to crumble...

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2017, 07:03:00 pm »

UsdiYona turns into an adult bear. An angry hungry bear.

"Don't mess with a hungry bear!" UsdiYona says, in spite of being in bear form.

"How 'bout I give you free bearclaws for life!!!"

UsdiYona then attacks the prince.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2017, 07:31:58 pm »

Saint joins Usdi, leaping at the Prince. They could distract the avatar while the others figured out a way through.

Also he really wanted to kill the Avatar.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »

"I see, so that's how it works," Emend says aloud, realizing that his ability to control electricity allowed him to literally control the internet. With this knowledge, he attempts to see if he can manipulate the cubes, and perhaps even bring back the "connection" that was just destroyed.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2017, 07:24:24 pm »

"It went to Dallas, Texas if that helps!" Beats calls

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2017, 07:58:15 pm »

Robor nods, and, taking a sip of his coconut drink, and directs his ring at the demon once again.

"Feel pain demon." He says, attempting to damage it's corpus.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »

In response to UsdiYona and the Saint attacking, the Nigerian Prince swung his ball and chain in a wide arc - the weapon trailing lines of frost that follow it along the floor.

UsdiYona was caught completely off guard by the speed of the attack, taking the iron ball right to the chest - only it didn't harm her - and in fact, passed right through as if completely incorporeal!

This was enough to surprise the Saint as well, who, ready to parry, found nothing to actually deflect. The iron ball passed through him and his sword as well.

Upon contact with their animas however, the ice spread - once again encasing the Saint (and now UsdiYona) in ice - completely immobilizing them.

Given that he had just figured out how to 'decrypt' the ice ransomware, Emend was able to free the Saint again with forces, leaving UsdiYona for next round.

Not hesitating - and fueled with mounting wrath - the Saint laid into the Prince with his sword. The Prince backed away from the assault with alarming celerity, each blow seeming to miss by a fraction of an inch. Looking, the Saint could see a single thin slash across the Prince's torso - not so mush a bleeding wound, but like a dark line on a monitor when it begins to fail. He had managed to hurt the Prince, but it was difficult to determine by how much exactly.

Robor meanwhile, raised his ring and attacked the Prince's corpus directly. The Prince winced in pain at the spell - but Robor wasn't feeling it. It was like his attack evaporated into nothing, well before it would have reached the Prince.

As this went on, Beats realized that he was missing out on the start of the fight! He needed to help his friends take out this trash!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2017, 08:35:20 pm »

Saint attacks with reckless abandon, his anger getting the better of him. He attacks wildly and aggressively, attempting to make up for his horrendous technique with his inhuman strength.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2017, 09:12:40 pm »

"Saint calm yourself. Acting reckless in space we don't yet fully understand won't help us get to Faith," Emend says, realizing the priest had to be reigned in before he further disrupted the rescue mission.

"Now, let's see if this works," he continues, attempting to 'Encrypt' the prince with Forces using his decryption knowledge. If that doesn't work, he'll settle for freeing Usdi.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2017, 09:20:57 pm »

Robor looks at the ball+chain. If the Prince can't be hurt, maybe his spirit weapons could...

Directing his ring, he wills command over it, and attempts to destroy it entirely.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2017, 10:51:08 pm »

Beats quickly considers options and wishes he could control the electricity in the system to jump out at the Prince, but not having that level of forces yet he opts for Knife Fists and leaps in close to stab the 'Prince'

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2017, 09:25:31 pm »

The Nigerian Prince gave Emend a scowl, continuing to stay just out of the Saint's mad flurry of slashes. It was enough of a distraction however, that Beats was able to flank him and thrust his knife-fist into the royal avatar's back.

The wound did not bleed of course, but did cause a small spider web of dark lines to appear in the Prince's robes - looking somewhat like a cracked cell phone screen.

Robor meanwhile, found that the Prince's weapon did appear susceptible to spirit fraying and with great concentration willed a link in the manacles to fracture - sending the cold iron ball breaking free to sail across the space like a loose cannonball!

As this went on, Emend attempted to use his new-found understanding of the virtual world to his advantage, messing with the 'electrical flow' around the Nigerian Prince.

A small bit of ice data began to flow up from the floor to encase the Prince's feet, but the Prince just stepped out of it, and backed away a pace, before Emend could actually trap him.

Looking somewhat annoyed at the present development, the Nigerian Prince dropped the manacles - which dissolved into pixilated bits. He then waved a hand of dismissal at the disciples; saying "It matters little what you do. You will never stop me. I am too big. Too important to the rest of your weak-willed kind. They will never let me go. Hahahahahaha!"

With that, he disappeared - Emend noting that he had not used a connection to do so.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2017, 09:25:41 pm »

"Um... a little help here?" UsdiYona called from inside her ice.  ;D

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:46 pm »

"Sure thing," Emend replied, freeing her. He then turns to Saint.

"While I understand your frustration, Saint, attacking everything we encounter won't get us to Faith any faster."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2017, 01:26:53 pm »

Saint closes his eyes and grits his teeth.

"He deserved it" Saint says quietly.

"But you're right. I'm sorry to place so much of this search onto you but do you think you can figure out how to reform the connection?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2017, 02:32:52 pm »

Beats tuts loudly "Beatch ran." he mumbles before heading back over. " I got a partial location for da connection if dat helps?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2017, 02:53:49 pm »

Still trying to wrap his mind around the fact that he is partially controlling the internet, Emend attempts to re-establish the connection that was recently broken to Dallas, Texas.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2017, 03:18:57 pm »

Using his eyes of the matrix to examine the data logs associated with all the bizarre cube connections, Emend found a list of recently disconnected IP Addresses. Sorting through, he spotted one near the top with a 'Dallas Texas' notation. That had to be it.

Using his ability to control electricity (fueled with magical exertion) he attempted to copy the cube connection structure - inputting his own destination into its creation. A white cube appeared a few inches off the original floor, hovering directly over an already existing cube. Emend could tell that his new cube was not yet 'plugged in', so he scrambled the dataflow of the connection underneath it - which resulted in that cube abruptly burning out, falling away, and allowing his own cube to fall down into its place.

After a few flickering starts, Emends new cube connection lit up with a steady white glow. If Emend was reading this right, the disciples could now travel to wherever the ice-blocked connection had led, before the Nigerian Prince had destroyed it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2017, 03:47:58 pm »

"Thank you Emend", Saint says, his voice dripping with gratitude as he does whatever is needed to send himself through the connection.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2017, 04:05:03 pm »

Beats nods "Nice one man." Then heads through, preparing for another fight

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2017, 05:29:38 pm »

Emend goes through the connection.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »

"Last again short stuff!" UsdiYona jokes with Robor. "Need a lift? Hop on! I can be your mighty steed!"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:31:16 pm by LadyZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »

Robor shrugs.
"Eh. Letting the giants go first haha." He chuckles, and continues onwards

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »

Greed

It was a shaky ride through Emend's ad-hoc connection, but the disciples made it through - arriving (albeit a little dazed) in the Dallas Texas backbone server.

Arrayed before them was a great and spacious casino - a noisy cacophony of chimes, beeps, jaunty electronic melodies, clattering of coins, and the occasional ringing of a jackpot bell. Lights and colors mixed with the sounds to dazzle and mesmerize; promoting a feeling of excitement in the air - as if the ever elusive fortune was just behind the next roll of the dice, draw of the card, spin of the wheel, or pull of the slots!

Uncounted avatars, in various shapes, sizes, and designs, sat at tables and plied the machines - all intently focused on their business. None of them smiled. A decent number of them actually looked angry. The majority of them drew long puffs on the virtual representation of cigarettes - perhaps it being a popular or cool accessory for their online persona?

In the center of the casino, as if guarded by the rows and rows of surrounding slots, were the craps, poker, blackjack, and roulette tables (among other more exotic games of chance). The sounds there were dominated by the clatter of the roulette ball, the roll of the dice, and the shuffle of cards - generally followed by the clinking of chips, as the dealers raked them all in.

It was notable that only the inner players actually talked, but the language was short and to the point.

“Hit me.”

“Stand.”

"Come one."

"Fark!"

Money flowed from avatars to the casino in amazing amounts, yet nobody left. Something held them here - pouring away their life savings.

For them, it was not for fun, it was for need.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2017, 07:10:09 pm »

Saint looks for the connection he can follow to the next area.

The casino sends chills down his spine.

Why was Faith taken through here?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2017, 07:42:25 pm »

Beats Immediately begins looking around for a 'bouncer' or other representation of authority the demon might have chosen this time

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2017, 05:12:33 pm »

Arriving in the casino, UsdiYona realizes she is still in bear form. Not wanting to look out of place, she changes back to her human form - only at 21 years of age.

That is because there is a huge sign that says "No One Under 21 Allowed".

"Aren't these places supposed to have free drinks and a buffet?" she asks, disappointed not to see one right away, but keeping an eye out, just in case.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2017, 03:03:26 pm »

Emend looks at the different avatars then shakes his head. "How pitiful."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up