Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Web  (Read 154816 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Web
« Reply #450 on: December 25, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »

"That's a shame".

Then, when Robor starts to attack it - "Wait, stop - we can't risk aggravating it and getting drawn into a conflict now, we don't have the resources to waste. This isn't our problem, let the angels who run this city clean up the mess they've let fester."

He goes to leave the room as quickly as he can.

"We can let them know later. We have bigger fish to fry" he calls back.

Saint's messed up enough I can't get him paranoid on top of all that. God knows Faith could use a little paranoia though
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:08:57 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2017, 11:07:38 am »

Robor nods.
“Yeah, point.” He says, lowering his ring.

“Lets get after them. Quickly now, we dont want to get affected by it’s power.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 27, 2017, 11:35:48 am »

Emend, unable to see the spirit in question, decided agreeing with Saint was the best course of action. He followed the others out of the building.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 27, 2017, 11:37:07 am »

"Wats power? Seriously wats goin on?" Beats says annoyed before following them out.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2017, 06:16:00 pm »

Miguel backed off and joined the Saint, as the rest of the disciples headed out.

The Paranoia Dementia meanwhile, happily returned to searching though every square-inch of the warehouse. Given how much stuff was packed into the other side, the Dementia would stay occupied here for a good while. Long enough, at least, to still be here later, should the team pass word of it on to this Region's Ward.

Outside the warehouse once again, Robor and UsdiYona noted that the river spirit they had seen earlier was still lurking near the rusted-out barges.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2017, 06:24:32 pm »

Killer kneels and prays to Sarapheen, requesting a portal to Kajet's address

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2017, 09:27:58 pm »

"Robor, why don't you try waving someone down and convincing them to give us a ride," Emend suggests.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:21 pm »

Beats just heads outside and heads towards the road, looking for a way up to the road from this side. "We should get dat taxi, last time Sera did too many portals she exploded, maybe save it for like the end when we need it most."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2017, 10:22:16 am »

As the disciples considered what to do, a portal opened near the Saint in response to his call.

Sarapheen stood on the other side of it, which opened into the disciples' meeting room, under the Washington National Cathedral. She appeared to be alone - the other two angels no longer present.

"Get Beats," she told the Saint (Killer); "I'm going to give him my portal stone, so you can hop wherever you need to go - and then return here with Faith when you're done."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2017, 01:23:32 pm »

Detecting a spacial disturbace Beats looks around "Well dat is easier I guess since she is ere already." Beats heads over "So are you sendin us Sarapheen?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2017, 02:06:47 pm »

"Here, take this," Sarapheen explained to Beats, handing him a small crystal prism through the portal.

"This will allow you to open your portals immediately, rather than having to slowly build them through extended casting."

"Just promise me you wont lose it," she added nervously, "I can only imagine the trouble that would get me into..."

"Once you have Faith, portal back here to the cathedral."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 29, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »

"Thank you, Sarapheen. I owe you yet another debt I can never hope to repay." Killer says, bowing his head.

He waits for Beats to open the portal to Kajet.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 29, 2017, 03:36:42 pm »

"Thanks!" Beats says as he takes it "I'll, erm be sure to train more so Im not so slow at dem next time..."

He then nods to her and focuses on using the prism to open a portal in (Hopefully) a hidden spot behind the building or a spot not visible from the road.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »

"While y'all decide, I'm gonna see what's up with that fish." UsdiYona says heading to the dock.

"And y'all don't leave without me either!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 30, 2017, 06:51:52 pm »

Using the gate stone, Beats was able to open a portal to a secluded spot in Kajet's backyard - between the garage and a small garden patio.

UsdiYona meanwhile, walked over to the dock to check out the odd river spirit. Upon getting closer, she concluded that there was definitely something not quite right about it - and not just physically.

When it saw her, it poked its bubble-eyes out of the water and excitedly chattered - "Soon? The marked one brings the delicious chum chum soon? It is time? Yum yum chum chum! Soon soon soon! Where's my spoon? Oh, right, I'm a fish! I don't need a spoon! Hee hee hee hee hee!!!"

Robor, hearing this exchange, could sense that the river spirit was well off its rocker - apparently suffering from some form of corrupting dementia.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 30, 2017, 09:24:28 pm »

UsdiYona is appalled, when she realizes what he's been eating this whole time.

"Listen here fish! No more Chum Chum you dumb dumb!"

Go eat some barnacles or something!"

"Gross!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 30, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »

"What? How rude!" The river spirit replied - spitting a fountain of water into UsdiYona's face.

It then submerged quickly and swam down under the barge and out of sight.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:30:36 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 30, 2017, 10:17:26 pm »

"Come on Usdi, we can leave that fish and everything else here to the locals. Let's go save Faith," Emend says, going through the portal.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 31, 2017, 01:09:38 am »

Using the gate stone, Beats was able to open a portal to a secluded spot in Kajet's backyard - between the garage and a small garden patio.

UsdiYona meanwhile, walked over to the dock to check out the odd river spirit. Upon getting closer, she concluded that there was definitely something not quite right about it - and not just physically.

When it saw her, it poked its bubble-eyes out of the water and excitedly chattered - "Soon? The marked one brings the delicious chum chum soon? It is time? Yum yum chum chum! Soon soon soon! Where's my spoon? Oh, right, I'm a fish! I don't need a spoon! Hee hee hee hee hee!!!"

Robor, hearing this exchange, could sense that the river spirit was well off its rocker - apparently suffering from some form of corrupting dementia.

“Shit.” Robor mutters.

“I think I know where they’ve been dumping the kids. They’ve driven the river spirit insane. Literally corrupting the spirits of the Lord.” Robor says, disgusted.

“This place is really corrupted. Everything about it. How can the Angel in charge let it slide so much?”

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 31, 2017, 03:35:35 am »

"Lets beat dis chick down den we can ask dem." Beats replies, clearly getting angry again, possibly intentionally working himself up "Portals up, we go now or ya get left behind!"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 31, 2017, 09:36:13 am »

"Don't worry Faith, we're coming!" UsdiYona says and hurries back to the portal to go through.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 31, 2017, 01:06:00 pm »

Walking through the portal brought the disciples to the home of Kajet Kajet - international lady-boy mogul and pageant director. The house was surrounded by an eight foot high security wall, while a fancy iron gate allowed access to the driveway.

The silver BMW was still gone (and no one else seemed about). The high security wall also meant that nosy neighbors would have to be looking down into the yard from their second floors, while people out on the street could only see what was visible through the gate.

It occurred to Beats that he had not actually bothered to check for mundane security in the home. True, it had no magical protections, but such an affluent residence probably had its own security system.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 31, 2017, 01:23:32 pm »

Killer waits for the others to disable whatever security system is in place and open up the house. He casts a spatial map to get a feel for the surrounding area and will continue casting it to make sure no one is approaching

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 31, 2017, 03:00:55 pm »

Beats pointsout what he had forgotten tothe group "Emend, ya thinkyou can turn off security without anyone knowin?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 01, 2018, 02:02:13 am »

Robor nods.
“Looks like she hasn’t gotten back yet.” Robor says, as he examines the area with his spirit sight. What kind of dekons are in this place?

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 01, 2018, 01:01:29 pm »

"Nobody's home?" UsdiYona asks. "Hey Beats, can you see where they are now?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 01, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »

Beats pointsout what he had forgotten tothe group "Emend, ya thinkyou can turn off security without anyone knowin?"

"I'll give it a shot," Emend replies, attempting to do just that.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 01, 2018, 05:45:19 pm »

"Tried lookin before but still blocked." Beats replies "Hopin da house has somthin we can use."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 01, 2018, 07:41:55 pm »

Using forces, Emend was able to detect and defeat the entire home security system installed in the house, as easily as if he had the actual code to it.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 01, 2018, 07:43:40 pm »

"Tried lookin before but still blocked." Beats replies "Hopin da house has somthin we can use."

"But what if he doesn't bring her here?" UsdiYona worried, "Or what if he takes her back to the warehouse and sees that we were there?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 01, 2018, 07:57:29 pm »

"Then we will follow. It does not matter where Kajet goes, their fate is sealed. Robor, care to use your sword here too?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 01, 2018, 08:53:37 pm »

"Security system is down," Emend announces. "Now we just need to find a way in without drawing attention to ourselves.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 02, 2018, 12:31:35 am »

Beats simply looks for the back door now that the security is down. It mifht be easy enough for force open if it is an electronic lock and he can just trigger the current to unlock it.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 02, 2018, 06:44:42 am »

Robor shrugs.
“Yeah, I guess.” He answers, tapping the sword on the ground

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 03, 2018, 05:53:32 pm »

Beats was able to open a back door easy enough.

Robor meanwhile, found no useful information by just randomly sampling small segments of time, going back ever few hours a pop. Apparently Kajet had not been home for at least the majority of the day. If Robor had a particular timeframe in mind, perhaps he would have better luck, but so far, none of the times he checked back with his sword showed Kajet or the silver BMW at home.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 03, 2018, 06:01:22 pm »

"Then we will follow. It does not matter where Kajet goes, their fate is sealed. Robor, care to use your sword here too?"

"If the man was using that machine to do something with children and he goes back and sees it destroyed, won't he try to get rid of Faith?" UsdiYona asked. "That's what I'm worried about. How do we know he will bring Faith here?"

"Robor said the man took Faith in a car, right? If Beats can't locate Faith or the man, then just find the car."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:06:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 04, 2018, 08:22:42 pm »

Beats does a quick check for wards or magical sensors then heads inside to look for clues "Emend, can ya like log into her computer an track her phone or somthin?" he calls as he heads in.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 06, 2018, 06:07:43 am »

"I'll keep on eye on the warehouse then. Though honestly, I think Kajet knew the second we entered the warehouse, and definitely when we destroyed the spatial ward."

Killer sits down and casts a scrying spell that he will maintain on the warehouse while he waits for the others to finish their search.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 06, 2018, 12:19:23 pm »

Searching the house revealed a large show/trophy room, dedicated to Kajet's pageant entries, wins, and the remarkable transformation that she had undergone over the years - from a poor lady-boy prostitute in the slums, to successful business owning transgender supermodel.

Dominating one wall of the showroom was a small platform, displaying four super-gaudy pageant dresses on sleek-lookin silver mannequins. The mannequins flanked a tall stylish mirror that resonated a powerful feeling of Envy - though there was nothing unusual about the mannequins themselves.

Emend meanwhile, was able to spot a secret cache of thumb drives, using his ability to detect electronic signatures. The drives were hidden in the frame of a large portrait of Kajet Kajet that hung on a wall near a home office-type setup.

Getting into the computer, revealed these drives to be the encrypted ones that the computer in the warehouse was set up to read. After fiddling with the encryption for a while, Emend was able to bring up the data on each drive.

There were two dozen drives, each having a date written on them. Fourteen were dated in the past, starting seven and a half years ago and advancing six months at a time. Then there was one dated for the day after tomorrow (three days from Faith's abduction) - while the rest were future dates, continuing the six month intervals.

Only the drives up to and including Faith's had any data on them - each holding a picture of a small child up alongside a picture of Kajet Kajet standing nude, in front of the tall mirror in the showroom.

The first was a small German boy - and the picture of Kajet was almost unrecognizable - looking like a scared little twink in a ratty plywood shack.

The other thirteen drives, showed other small children from various places in the world, and progressively miraculous changes in Kajet Kajet (and his suroundings) with each one - culminating in who she was today.

Apparently, she had been killing children in exchange for transformation into a real woman - augmenting her beauty, success, and riches after each horrifying murder.

It was chilling to see Faith's photo on the last drive - but currently without a comparison picture of Kajet alongside.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2018, 03:45:30 pm »

"Robor, can you use your sword to find out the plate numbers on Kajet's car? If we can't find him through magical means maybe we can find him through mortal ones. It seems we still have some time to work with, and that dead officer in the wood chipper suggests the police might not think too highly about Kajet. With these drives and a little magic we might be able to get them to lead a search."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:49:59 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2018, 06:15:33 pm »

"Wait, did dat demon who bid on her get her for a time or somthin?" Maybe they sent like messages to her about it?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 08, 2018, 04:04:07 pm »

"From what I could tell the first bid would not be made good on until the morrow, or perhaps another round starts then - as long as her safety is guaranteed by this convoluted system, until then we can have the mortals in this city searching for Kajet - seeing as we are both too weak to break through his wards."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 08, 2018, 06:20:01 pm »

"So we... hack the cameras like in dat cop show?" Beats suggests while heading to a window that overlooks the driveway "Jus make sure dat dere are no lights or whatever visible from outside, I'll be da lookout." he sets up a little back from the window and to the side so he wouldnt be easy to see from outside but could see if anything entered the drive.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2018, 03:08:47 am »

Robor nods, and goes to the parking garage. The van must have parked there at some point

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2018, 07:13:09 pm »

Looking back with postcognition, Robor was able to get a closer look at Kajet's car - and noted that Kajet left his house early that morning (alone).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:05 pm »

With Robor giving Emend a detailed description of the car that Kajet was driving, Emend took to the computer and attempted to find it through the webs. Aside from a record of Kejet having registered it as a 'company vehicle', nothing else of useful content was found in relation to the car. While Emend found that he could locate and look through many of the remote cameras scattered across the city, none of them had the ability to interpret and index the license plate numbers that they had recorded.

It was about an hour and a half, after the disciples had portaled over, that Beats observed the iron gate to the premise suddenly beginning to slide open on its remote actuator.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2018, 08:25:46 pm »

Completely unaware of the approaching something, Killer addresses the group - "Alright then. Beats, care to open a portal to the nearest police station? With some convincing we should be able to start a search for Kajet. If that fails then Emend might be able to break into their system and take advantage of what surveillance options they have available to at least keep an eye out for the van. To be quite honest i'm not sure what else we could do to find Faith at the moment, seeing as scrying doesn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas? Robor, do you know of a spirit that could track her down or something? Usdi, do you have any thoughts?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2018, 11:19:00 pm »

Beats ducks down and waits just to see the tiniest bit of colour to confirm the car is the one they want then flattens below the window "Incoming! car headed in da drive. reset dat security and get hiding!."

Beats scans for blind spots in and security then hides in one, pointing out other safe hiding spots if needed.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 11, 2018, 06:08:18 pm »

Killer immediately casts Sense Life to get a feel for whatever is headed their way. He'll take a seat behind one of the couches and have the hornets in his robes crawl out and hide under or in the upholstery.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 11, 2018, 06:13:35 pm »

"Hopefully this is Kajet," Emend says, rewiring the security so it would act as normal when those outside entered the house (but wouldn't accidentally result in them setting off the alarm).

"Where should we ambush them?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up