Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for News  (Read 10922 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Waiting for News
« on: November 22, 2017, 05:52:59 pm »

Continued from Dark Web

---

Verizon building; Fairfax Virginia; Early Monday October 23rd 2017

It had been some time, since the disciples had dreamwalked into the mind of the demon prince that inhabited mankind's globe-sprawling internet. The angels Sarapheen, Morrow Wind, and Jarome, stood vigil over their sleeping wards - waiting for them to find where the demon had taken Saint's daughter, Faith.

Once they had done that, they would be able to awaken and then physically portal to wherever that might be.

Things had gone smooth for the most part, aside from a pair of police officers wandering into the building shortly after the disciples had begun their mindquest. The officers appeared to be making a routine security check of the place, so it was a simple matter for Jarome to bestow invisibility on the group and for Morrow Wind to create an illusionary wall, routing them down the adjacent row of servers on their way through (so as not to trip them over the unseen bodies littering the floor).

At another point, it looked like Beats would awaken, but he managed to pull through, and remain in the dreamscape.

Then abruptly, Robor awoke with a start, sitting up from the floor.

That little bitch had 'killed him' he remembered, instinctively checking himself over for wounds and the like. Aside from a dull headache and general feeling of lethargy, Robor was fine.

"Oh, Robor," Sarapheen greeted him, "Any good news? How goes the search for Faith? I presume you found UsdiYona right at the outset?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:21:32 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for News
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:06:25 am »

Robor rubs his eyes.
"Uh, yeah, we found UsdiYona. Never realized how bad the internet actually was." Robor replies.

"I think the search was going well? The demon was really getting riled up, so I'm betting we were close. "

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:34:05 am »

"I hope so," Sarapheen replied; "We may only have an hour or two left, before employees start showing up for work here."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 03:06:13 pm »

Continued from Dark Web

---

A couple of minutes later, Emend began to stir - and then awoke with a start. He had been trapped in the dark congress, when the entire reality had been shut down.

Realizing that he had no physical representations of the communications he had just decrypted - that he was unable to read - he suddenly wondered what could be done to save the information, before it fled from his mind like the ethereal memories of a morning dream.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:08:47 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:51:16 pm »

"Welcome back Emend," Sarapheen said, seeing Emend awake.

"I trust you guys were getting pretty close by now, right?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »

"Good to be out of that hellhole, thank you. Yes, we were very close. The others should have follow through the final connection to reach Faith," Emend replies, subduing his annoyance that his decision to not join them didn't pan out as well as he had hoped.

"Provided all goes well, they shouldn't take much longer."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:12:28 pm »

Continued from Dark Web

---

It didn't seem like more than a few minutes after Emend awoke, that Beats and the Saint (Killer) came back to consciousness as well. UsdiYoana was nowhere to be seen initially, until Robor spotted her near the servers - only in twilight, rather than the physical world. The Saint (Killer) could see her blurred form, with his clamor of the dead going, while the angels had no problem picking her out either.

The ghost Miguel meanwhile, greeted the Saint (Killer) saying, "Good to have you back; I see you found the bear-girl."

Then turning to face the empty space by the servers, he continued, "No UsdiYona - you are in the shadow - yes, step through..."

UsdiYona then appeared suddenly in the spot Miguel had been speaking to.

"Excellent!" Sarapheen clapped, "You saved UsdiYona! What did you find out about Faith?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »

Killer gets up off the floor, dusting himself off, and immediately begins explaining - "She was most recently in a warehouse near the Polytechnic University of Philippines in Manila City, owned by a company called "Joyful Swanhouse Beautiful Lady Pageants"  Beats has the location memorized, though it is heavily warded. She was auctioned off to what I am certain was a demonic entity called SadersMaster, though the woman who said the name had a thick lisp so that may not be the exact title. While chasing the trail we discovered a large collection of demons - at least, I assume they are demons because I could not affect them with Life. Something like 20 of them taking bids on my daughter. From what I can tell the administrator demon regularly captures children and auctions them off.

For the most part they seemed rather easily intimidated. Once we arrived only 3 of the demons were willing to bid on my daughter. I would assume that they are the three most powerful of the lot."

Killer drops to a knee in front of the angels.

"I would be grateful for your assistance in either the destruction or sealing of these demons, or if that is not possible then for the permission to do so myself."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 06:30:43 pm »

"I know dat building and I got business dere. It ain't gonna be standing once I'm done, same for anything inside apart from Faith." Beats add a little quieter than normal but clearly extreamly angered by what he had seen through the hologram.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:51:49 pm »

"Indonesia and the Philippines," Jarome thought aloud, "Hmm, that is the Ministry of the Angel Wulandari and her Disciples; but you are free to go there for your own daughter's sake."

"As for this Demonic Cabal, we'll need to find out where they were making bids from. It is likely, if they are truly powerful, that they are spread throughout the four corners of the world - which would would place them in the jusidiction of whatever Angelic Wards keep watch over those areas in which they reside."

"Well, the important thing right now, is to save Faith!" Sarapheen added. "Give me a moment to scry out this university - I am not familiar with the Phillippines - then I'll open a portal for you."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »

While Sarapheen scries out the area Killer settles himself down and begins recasting the spells necessary to strengthen himself (Supreme Honing with Willpower (3 strength 1 Dexterity (Because as killer I get an extra defense die >.>), and Organic Shield.

He forgoes Body Control this time in favour of Transforming any plant life that he can find in a reasonable distance (which he will find using spatial map) into a swarm of Hornets that he will then seize control of and have hide in a swarm under his priest's robes for when they become necessary. (Control Base Life + Transform Base Life).

After all his preparations are done, he warns his fellow disciples - "I only have enough Mana to cast one more healing spell. Once I expend it it will become exceedingly difficult for me to keep us alive, I hope you can understand that."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:42:10 pm by Drakilian »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:38 pm »

UsdiYona, now back to her normal 12 year old self, puts her hands on her hips and says, "Who would have thunk it? Y'all could of told me all I had to do was step right on out there, but no..."

"Well thank you Miguel," UsdiYona nods to the ghost.

"Now, where did I leave that popcorn?"

"Hey! Is that our couch?!?"

UsdiYona hurries to the couch and begins lifting cushions looking for her popcorn.

"Now where's that popcorn?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 12:46:09 am »

Beats simply stretches and warms up, releasing any spells and recasting 'body control' and 'untouchable' on himself in anticipation for the fight to come.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 03:57:52 pm »

"It's disappointing you weren't able to get Faith, but at least we know where she is," Emend remarks.

"We should move quickly."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 04:57:17 pm »

"Crazy that it's so far." Robor mutters.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:00 pm »

"Hmm, that's a pretty powerful ward," Sarapheen mumbled, opening another portal with her gate stone. "The university itself isn't warded, so I opened a portal there, but you'll have to walk a few blocks."

Looking through the portal, revealed some dumpsters in an alley - though it was broad daylight out. Sounds of traffic and people milling could also be heard, not too far off.

Looking at their watches, the disciples could see that it was just after 2:00 am, Monday morning, there in Fairfax Virginia. A quick google of the time-zone in the Philippines, showed about 12 hours ahead (plus daylight savings time) - putting it around 3:00 pm on the other side of the portal (and pretty much halfway around the world).

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 11:59:56 pm »

Hiding his sword under his robes, Killer steps through the portal and waits on the other side for Beats to join - him being the only one of them who knows exactly where the warehouse is at the moment.

"Miguel, with me," he says as he crosses over.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:55:03 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 12:33:08 am »

Beats heads through the portal and just takes a moment to activate his spacial awareness and get his bearings to be certain of his direction before immediatly setting off at a gentle jog. Not saying a word to anyone.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 09:35:09 am »

Emend silently follows the others, casting "Scales of Thought" and "Read Matrices" on himself before passing through.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 05:31:43 pm »

Must be a really big group to block an Angel's scrying... Robor thinks to himself, as he follows the group, as he activates his spirit sight. Who knows where the demons will pop out from.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 06:15:37 pm »

"I'm taking this," UsdiYona says, clutching the popcorn she salvaged from the couch cushions.

"Also found .47 cents!" She smiles and heads through the gate.

One step closer to free pizza for life!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:05 pm »

"Call my name, when you have Faith," Sarapheen instructed the disciples through the portal. "But remember, you need to be out of the ward for me open a portal to you."

She then closed the portal and turned to her angelic companions.

"I hope nothing terrible happens to Faith, before they can find her."

"My hopes as well," Morrow Wind agreed.

"Was the Disciple Robor wearing pajamas?" Jarome asked offhandedly, frowning at the couch left behind in the server room.

---

(Continued in Dark Web.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:25:51 pm by BerkaZerka »
Pages: [1]   Go Up