Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned  (Read 8542 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:12:45 pm »

Washington National Cathedral; Saturday Evening, February 3rd 2018

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned," the confession came through the screen - just like the last three had before this one.

'Ugh, this is getting tedious', the Saint (Killer) thought to himself, rolling his eyes. 'How the hell have I put up with this for so long? And is it really worth it?'

Indeed, the 'good' side of him had not come back out, since that time in the internet months ago, when the demon prince had tried to possess his body. Maybe he was finally free of his weaker persona. Maybe now was the time to off the kid, blow this charade, and pay a visit to his mother for... What?

"I don't know what came over me..." the young man's voice droned on. It was one of the Seminary students, studying to become a Priest. Probably did something stupid and boring, like ditching a class or having impure thoughts about one of the Sisters.

It would almost be worth going back into the subconscious, just for not having to deal with this shit. But for whatever reason, the Saint (Killer)'s kills were not doing it for him anymore.

Sure the first one out - the drug dealer - now that was amazing! To hold life and death in his hands like that! To snuff someone out so easily!

But it had not brought out his other-self as he had expected.

The three other kills the Saint (Killer) had also made - one at the end of each passing month - had not done it either; and they were getting progressively less thrilling each time. Maybe he had finally conquered his better half - or the kills had to be more meaningful than random homeless people that no one would ever miss.

"I... wow, this is really embarrassing..." the young man hesitated.

"It's all right, go on son," the Saint (Killer) encouraged, more to just get it over with than anything else.

The young man coughed to clear his throat.

"Well, I... I spent last night with a prostitute," he then spewed out quickly - "but I swear, I couldn't control myself! It was like I was being possessed or something!"

Well now, this was suddenly becoming more interesting than it had been just a few moments ago...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 06:09:57 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »

"How old are you my son?", Killer asks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:31:15 am »

"Twenty, Father," was the reply.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »

"You are still young then. You have so much left to learn. Do not be so afraid", Killer says softly.

"My son, life is more than our vows and our studies. We suffer temptation every day of our lives,, every minute, every second. We must fight against our darker natures and our more dangerous impulses. We are but men."

"I too have faced wrath and lust and pride and at times I have fallen to them. This is my nature, we cannot be perfect - to claim to be so would be an insult to the Lord who created us to be flawed.

You have made a mistake, but you will learn from it. This is why we are allowed to sin, that we may learn not to do so ourselves. Remember, my son, that there is no sin the Lord will not forgive, only sinners who refuse to be forgiven by the Lord. Do your penance but remember that as long as guilt eats at your soul, you will never be forgiven by God."

Clearing his throat, Killer continues.

"I hope that you understand what you must do to be free of your sins. But what is this of you being possessed? Do you believe the woman in question seduced you?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:37:45 pm »

"Thank you Father," the young man responded to the advice.

Concerning the experience itself, he went on - "No Father, not the woman. It was... something else. I was riding my moped back last night from my studies, when it felt like I ran into a gust of wind - only it was like the wind went into me, rather than around me."

"I remember feeling like something was overpowering me and I started doing things I had no control over. First I couldn't drive the moped anymore and actually jumped off, when I would normally just pull over. It was like I was watching through my own eyes as someone else controlled my body."

"I picked up the moped, which had stalled, and rolled it onto the sidewalk, then left it there and walked down the street for a while. There were these ladies standing on the corner, obviously women of the night. I went up to one and started speaking to her in Spanish maybe?"

The woman was definitely Latino, but she looked like she was having a hard time understanding the words I was speaking. At some point communication was reached, I guess, because the next thing I knew, the lady and I were in bed doing... things."

The young man cleared his throat again, then concluded his tale - "Afterwards, I paid the woman, and walked back to where I had left my moped. Then I felt that wind again - leaving my body and was in control again."

"I was so stunned, and it was so late, that I just went home. You're the only one I have told this to."

As the Saint (Killer) heard the account, he recalled being woken up around 2:30 am last night by the sound of a small engine starting up. In fact, it had sounded like it was right outside his window. He hadn't bothered to go look for the source however, as it had quickly rode away.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 10:55:10 pm »

Wait... Miguel?

"I am not sure if it is even possible but perhaps you were truly possessed by something. The spirit of another young desperate man with no body trapped in this world. I do not know if you are lying to me, but I would give you my blessing regardless, that you might not suffer this fate again. Bless you, my son, that you might be protected from all things that wander the night."

Killer mentally casts a spell to have himself exude a mild toxin that induces light euphoria while he gives the blessing, just to add a little dramatic "oomph"!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »

"Thank you Father! Thank you!" the young man praised, then got up to leave.

That was the last of them fortunately; The Saint (Killer) wouldn't have to take confessions again, until next month - assuming he bothered to show up at all. Maybe what he needed, was to find a new line of work, now that his other-self didn't seem to be showing up again any time soon.

Leaving the confessional booth, the Saint (Killer)'s cell alerted to an incoming text. It was from Emend at High Oaks Castle, and it had a picture attached, of a black limo stopped at the front gate with an old black driver.

"We have guests," was all that the message actually said.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 10:38:23 pm »

"Interesting enough. Well, Emend should be able to handle things himself for now, he has Usdi with him after all."

Saint casts a quick spatial map to make sure he's alone.

"Miguel, what do you think you're doing?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 10:53:42 pm »

"What do you mean Padre?" the conquistador answered; "I assure you, I was not listening in on your confessionary duties."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 05:24:17 am »

"Well maybe you should have, that was the priest in training you possessed last night telling me about his experience with a courtesan."

Killer lets Miguel stew for a second then sternly asks - "Why didn't you tell me you could possess people! We could have done a lot with that kind of power until now.

Also, if you wanted a body you could have just asked, I am a master over Life and Death. When next we have time I shall rip the soul out of a hellbound murderer and bind your soul to his body."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 06:24:53 pm »

Miguel looked shocked. "You can do that?" he asked, a silly grin forming on his face. "Oh Padre! That would be a true blessing! A miracle! I would be like Lazarus, risen from the grave! Thank you!"

Miguel then recomposed himself to explain his little soiree.

"Uhm, about last night," he began; "I really did not know I could do that. It sort of happened by chance - the guy rode his tiny conveyance right into me. I don't blame him of course - he couldn't see me after all. But it was fantastic to find myself in a body once again (and not tied down by our leash). I was able to go quite far, without being pulled back."

As Miguel was speaking, a sudden distant boom shook the cathedral - sounding like a bomb had just gone off somewhere in the city below!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »

Killer checks his phone again.

"Hmph. Emend should be fine, but just in case..."

He texts Emend "There was an explosion nearby, I'm going in with Miguel to investigate. Tell me if you need help."

"Alright, we're going to check out whatever that was. scout ahead as far as you can."

On his way to the site of the explosion Killer casts a number of spells on himself (Body control), (Sense life) (Pulse of the living world) (Organic resilience) (Supreme Honing - one point into Dex for defense, all other points into Stamina). Willpower point on Supreme Honing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:44:46 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:39:29 pm »

Getting to his car and driving towards DC proper, the Saint (Killer) quickly ran into heavy traffic. He was only about three miles away from the cathedral, but traffic suddenly came to a bumper to bumper crawl.

Flipping on the radio, he heard a news flash, explaining that terrorists had ran a vehicle into a crowd and detonated a bomb outside the Capital One Arena a few minutes ago. The center of the District was being shut down and traffic was being re-routed.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 07:43:00 pm »

Killer looks for somewhere to park and starts off at a fast jog, taking advantge of his enhanced stamina and body control to keep his breathing, body temperature and sweating at a minimum.

Every couple of seconds he casts a spatial map and examines it thoroughly to make he's not being followed/hoping to spot anything unusual.

---

(Continued in Payback's a Bitch)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:02:48 pm by BerkaZerka »
Pages: [1]   Go Up