Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Enemies At The Gates  (Read 97420 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Enemies At The Gates
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 08:51:47 pm »

"Good thinking Emend," Sarapheen remarked, then closed her gate and opened another scrying window.

"Hm..." she continued, checking on the status of Beats and Robor - "They are moving Robor to a room in the ICU now. Beats is still in surgery. I'll open a portal into the hospital on that floor and we can get into Robor's room from there."

Sarapheen then opened a portal into a closed housekeeping storage room. The overhead lights were currently off, but that wouldn't be a problem, as there were small baseboard lights that cast a dim glow when the main ones were off.

"That's a handy trick," Sarapheen remarked to the Saint (Killer), concerning the corpse mask.

Then to Emend, she said, "First order of business will be counteracting the security cameras, so we can get over to Robor's room without leaving a record of our presence. Then we'll need to remove their information from the hospital system - but we should wait to do that until after they get Beats into a room. We don't want to risk creating a problem when they enter the room assignment into the system."

Sarapheen then went in through the portal and waited for the rest to join her.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:13:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 09:11:35 pm »

You have no idea

Killer follows through the portal.

"That driver was probably one of their servants, you think we should do something about him?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:24:13 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 10:13:13 pm »

"That won't be an issue," Emend replies to Sarapheen, heading through as well.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2018, 10:45:04 am »

High Oaks Castle; O'Darkthirty Sunday Morning, February 4th 2018

The disciples were able to get Robor out of the hospital and remove his records from the hospital system with little trouble. Between Sarapheen and the Saint (Killer), his wounds were closed up and he was made nearly whole once again - only his left hand missing, the flesh sealed into a smooth stump.

While Robor was physically healed, he still had a chemically induced coma going. Sarapheen suggested waiting to purge the effects until they had both him and Beats back at the castle.

Beats on the other hand, was much worse off than Robor, and his surgery took quite a bit longer.

During the wait, the Saint (Killer) checked in on the dark limousine he had been tracking and saw it pull into the private parking garage for the Old Post Office Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC. The place was large historic edifice and clock tower, having once been DC's primary post office. As the vehicle went up the entry ramp, the Saint (Killer)'s spells suddenly dropped - being unraveled by some sort of space ward.

It was after 1:00 am, before Beats was finally settled into a recovery room.

Emend did his thing with the system, while Sarapheen and the Saint (Killer) did what they could for Beats' injuries. When they were done, Beats was healed as Robor had been, but his legs were now stumps at the knees and his right eye was just a smooth flesh-hollow.

Concerning the odd silver painting of Beats' forehead, Sarapheen remarked that she had seem something similar before, and that it was a result of extreme paradox.

Sarapheen then opened a portal back to High Oaks Castle and everyone went through, leaving the hospital behind.

Of course the staff would all remember the two 'heroes' that they had saved on the operating tables that day, and their images would be played on the news cycles in grainy detail over the next coupe of weeks. Their mysterious disappearance from their recovery rooms and apparent hacking of the hospital systems to erase mention of their presence would become news for a while too, only deepening the mystery.

---

(Continued from Payback's a Bitch)

The next thing Robor and Beats knew, they were waking up in the library of High Oaks Castle, as the Saint and Sarapheen having purged the medications from their systems. Emend and UsdiYona were also on hand, looking at them with concern.

"Yay! You're back!" UsdiYona said with a clap.

"Remain calm," Sarapheen then said with a reassuring tone - "You both have some significant permanent injuries. This is the work of a faction of devil-worshipping vampires, who appear to be seeking revenge on Robor for the events surrounding his calling to Discipleship. Can you tell us what happened?"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:01:00 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2018, 07:29:09 pm »

Robor shakes his head.
"What? Uh, yeah I was just clearing out the crowd....

"This is the Castle right? What happened? How long were we out?" Robor says. "Did the civilians get out of the way?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2018, 08:42:50 pm »

"Yes," Sarapheen replied to Robor's questions; "You have been out for about six hours. We brought you here from the hospital, after you got out of surgery, then healed you. Emend has ensured that your identities are protected, by having removed them from the hospital records."

"As for what happened, you have a better idea of that than we. The news reports say it was a terrorist attack, but we know it was the vampire sect Belial's Brood covering their attack on you with that theme. The fact that they would harm so many for the sake of one target speaks volumes of their inhuman brutality."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2018, 08:49:43 pm »

Beats thinks for a moment as she talks then finally responds "I think we got hit with paradox, The bloodsuckers were killing people left an right and going for Robor. I punched one damn hard an it felt like it didnt even feel it so I used magic... Went wierd den dere was an explosion..." He tries to move a little, finally and abruptly realising his feet are missing and his perception is off. feeling up for his eye.

"Oh Farking XxXxXx Fark."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2018, 09:06:50 pm »

"It will be OK Beats," Sarapheen offered; "It is within the Saint's ability to temporarily regenerate your limbs. And I will speak to the Archangel Benjamin about a more permanent fix, but until then, we must make due. These vampires are still out there and need to be eradicated for everyone's sake."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2018, 09:28:17 pm »

Despite the reassurance of being healed up it still takes Beats a moment to calm down "Yeh, K, Right... gonna get healed up. Just need ta kill da bloodsuckers first..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2018, 09:39:39 pm »

"It will take me a while to prepare a regeneration casting strong enough to restore you for good amount of time - I'm thinking maybe a week. The casting might take most of a day. Tell me when you're ready.

I'm not sure I can do anything about the silver spray on your head - or rather, I'm not sure it's worth the time and energy when you can just wear a hat or change your features yourself using your current life mastery."

Killer looks to Robor as well.

"Your injuries should be a lot easier to restore, if you want them to be."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2018, 09:40:11 pm »

"Fark." Robor says, looking at beats.

"We're gonna have to destroy them all, Serapheen."
Killer looks to Robor as well.

"Your injuries should be a lot easier to restore, if you want them to be."

"...What injury?" Robor asks, looking down.
"Dammit." He says, waving his stump.

"Uh, well, I don't really need the hand compared to like, other important spells...." He mutters, looking around.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:43:36 pm by Not Aman »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2018, 10:27:00 am »

"Might be too soon... but I think it was your finger that stabbed my eye out..." then to Saint "Yeh, lets get it done and deal sid da Pointy teeth."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2018, 02:05:43 pm »

"It would be prudent to wait for the sun to rise first," Sarapheen replied to Beats.

To Emend, she then asked, "Do you still have a lock on that vampire?"

According to Emend's finder spell, the vampire they had encountered in the City Morgue was now stalking some location approximately twenty miles south-east from High Oaks Castle. That put him in DC, about a mile from the Potomac River. Of course Emend could scry the location to see where it was or look on his phone if he wasn't feeling excessively magical at the moment.

"Oh, there's another complication," Sarapheen abruptly added, addressing Robor and Beats; "There are two other factions of vampires in DC that you need to be aware of. The Camarilla, which most disciple quorums maintain a tenuous peace treaty with; and the Sabbat, which will try to kill you, just as readily as Belial's Brood."

"You can distinguish the difference between the two, pretty much by the Camarilla's snobbish elitist airs and the Sabbat's cunning and sadistic brutality. They tend to look the part - pretentious well-dressed businessmen and rugged bikers respectively, but they have their spies among each other's ranks as well."

"Generally, just destroy the ones actively trying to kill you, or who you find harming innocents, and there should be no problems."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2018, 02:15:29 pm »

"Oh, there's another complication," Sarapheen abruptly added, addressing Robor and Beats; "There are two other factions of vampires in DC that you need to be aware of. The Camarilla, which most disciple quorums maintain a tenuous peace treaty with; and the Sabbat, which will try to kill you, just as readily as Belial's Brood."

"You can distinguish the difference between the two, pretty much by the Camarilla's snobbish elitist airs and the Sabbat's cunning and sadistic brutality. They tend to look the part - pretentious well-dressed businessmen and rugged bikers respectively, but they have their spies among each other's ranks as well."

"Generally, just destroy the ones actively trying to kill you, or who you find harming innocents, and there should be no problems."

"Are there really so many of these bloodsuckers that we have to have peace with them? They can not be so all encompassng that destroying them all would be impossible. Especially with our gifts."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2018, 02:17:42 pm »

"Well for now we could start with da brood ones... but killing a lot of dem might take it's toll too." be says as he indicates his eye

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2018, 02:27:53 pm »

"Vampires have been living among humanity since the fall of Caine." Sarapheen replied to Robor. "They are not nearly as prolific as the mortals they masquerade among, but there are enough of them in the world to influence the course of Nations."

"And they are the children of the same Creator, as you and I, just cursed with their affliction as punishment for the sins of their father Caine. To our cause, they are as everyone else - to be judged for their actions and how it influences the balance of good and evil in the world."

"They are not demons - though many do become corrupted by them."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2018, 02:34:49 pm »

Emed looks up the location on his phone, before addressing what Sarapheen said.

"Yes, it appears the vampire is in DC," he answers. "What is the reason the other disciple quorums maintain peace with the Camarilla? While Nicolette claimed they don't kill their humans, and that many enjoy it, that doesn't at all mean they're there willingly. I simply agreed to it because for the time being there seemed no reason to create an additional enemy. The information they provided was suspiciously too late to be of use, and 'The Heart of Flies' could simply be a tool they want to use against us. If anything, them extending their hand to us right now could just be part of a larger plan to act against us."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2018, 03:05:07 pm »

"You hit the nail on the head," Sarapheen said to Emend; "It's mostly about not making another enemy, when there are more dire threats to be dealt with."

"That, and the way vampire factions work, you would be helping one faction prosper over the other by engaging them. I'm sure Nicollet and her Sire count on Sabbat casualties in this purge of Belial's brood, which assuredly serves their own ends."

"You and this quorum must decide for yourselves how to handle the treaty the Camarilla has extended."

"As for this 'Heart of Flies'," Sarapheen continued, "may I see it? There is something strangely familiar about it..."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:14:49 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2018, 03:34:58 pm »

"And they are the children of the same Creator, as you and I, just cursed with their affliction as punishment for the sins of their father Caine. To our cause, they are as everyone else - to be judged for their actions and how it influences the balance of good and evil in the world
"No matter what they do, they definitely aren't influencing humanity for the good." Robor says.

"But yeah, that discussion can be tabled until we deal with 'belial's brood'. But not for much longer."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2018, 03:37:54 pm »

"I put a lock on the Camarilla driver as well, not sure how much use it'll be but my spells failed at an unknown ward in the Old Post Office Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC," Killer adds into the conversation.

When the Heart of Flies comes out Killer will cast Analyze Life on the flies inside the glass.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2018, 04:00:22 pm »

"Of course," Emend replies to Sarapheen, heading over to the drawing room to retrieve the heart.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2018, 05:19:17 pm »

As Emend brought the Heart of Flies into the room, everyone experienced the strange sensation on dejavu - as if they had already done this before.

Emend seemed to recall walking into the library and placing the artifact down for Sarapheen to examine (which he had just done), while Robor and Beats seemed to remember this action as well.

The Saint (Killer) meanwhile, thought to himself, 'the flies are not alive', as he cast his spell. Sure enough, they did not read as living creatures, though they certainly looked and acted as if they were.

UsdiYona felt like Sarapheen would react with surprise at the Heart of Flies for some reason.

"Oh!" Sarapheen gasped suddenly, realizing what she was looking at; "This is the Legacy of a Descended - one of the Demon Imperators that Transcended the Final Curtain and crossed Outer Darkness! I'm not sure which one, but we must destroy this thing immediately!"

She stood up suddenly and began to cast a spell but stopped abruptly.

"Wait..." she hesitated, concentrating on some profound thought.

"We already tried that..." she vocalized, mumbling to herself, as if trying to piece together the ethereal memories of a quickly fading Dream. "No, then it can't be destroyed. Then it must be taken and hidden from the world. I can take it into the Light... No... already tried that too..."

A rather frustrated look crossed Sarapheen's face, as she stood with her hands on her hips and considered the strange glass heart.

After a few moments she tried to offer an explanation for her unusual reaction.

"I think this thing keeps looping us back in time. Specifically, to protect itself from destruction. I'm not entirely certain, but I feel like we have already tried to destroy it - both physically and magically. I even think I attempted to take it into the Light to hide it away from mankind, but that likely destroyed it as well, given its infernal nature."

"We could try this all again - and who's to say we have not already done so a thousand times before? But that would keep us in an indefinite time loop; and if my theory is correct, that doesn't serve the purpose of this wicked artifact. That may be why this all seems so familiar - it wants us to move on from the time loop, so it can have its evil influence."

"That leaves us only one choice. We can't get rid of it, for fear of it being found and used by the Infernal. We must keep it hidden away here, kept under watch, lest it fall into the wrong hands."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2018, 05:38:58 pm »

"But what is its actual purpose?" Emend asks, attempting to analyze the artifact himself. (using Analyze Enchanted Item)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:17:04 pm by killa_robot »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2018, 06:01:00 pm »

Legacy of a Demon Imperator? Interesting enough...

"The flies in it are neither real nor living, if that means anything. I wonder if we could extract one of them with apportation."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2018, 06:19:51 pm »

"I can't say," Sarapheen replied to Emend; "Other than something truly wicked or apocalyptic in scale!"

"The Demonic Legacies would not invest so much of their power into an artifact like this for trivial gain. I'm afraid the heart's true purpose may be something that only the Demon Imperators themselves would know. And that would be information they would only trade to their most loyal thralls for a very steep price."

As Emend tried to analyze the Heart of Flies, he was met with a weird euphoric sensation that seemed to cloud his mind. Powerful eldritch forces swirled around the artifact, but other than a strong resonance of time, they were unreadable. He stumbled backwards and had to sit down, when his balance suddenly failed him and he realized that he felt "high as fark!"

The words slurred out of his mouth unbidden, sounding like he had just said, "Imhee sas ffffuuuuuuuhhhhhh..."

"Are you all right?" Sarapheen asked with concern, but Emend passed out before he could reply.

After analyzing Emend's condition, Sarapheen cast purify bodies - following which, he quickly regained both consciousness and his senses.

"Odd," Sarapheen said to him, "Your endorphins and dopamine level were going crazy - much like the effects of a powerful drug. I think it had to do with you casting your spell on the Heart.

To the Saint (Killer), Sarapheen replied, "You could try, though I'm honestly worried about what that might do."

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:10:49 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2018, 06:30:39 pm »

Beats activates his temporal senses to try and get a handle on what was being said regarding the time loop

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2018, 06:30:54 pm »

"Thanks. Guess we can't get any direct use out of it," Emend announced, composing himself. "If we were versed in Time we might be able to take advantage of a loop, but for now it's as you said; we should hide it so that the Infernal can't get a hold of it."

"It also calls into question what the Camarilla were doing with such an artifact. I have a hard time believing they just stumbled upon it at some point."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2018, 06:35:44 pm »

Killer casts Body control on Emend and asks - "Try again. I doubt it will be enough but maybe you'll be able to glean something more tangible before it overwhelms you again."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »

Emend looks at Saint before shaking his head.

"No," he simply states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2018, 09:55:54 pm »

Killer nods and gives Emend a look of empathetic pity - or as near to one as he could muster.

"I understand. If you're too weak to try then I suppose your mentor would probably have a much better chance anyway."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:01:36 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2018, 11:43:42 pm »

"Ooh. Any guesses as to what would happen if I touched it with the sword?" Robor asks

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2018, 09:36:35 pm »

Sarapheen gave the Saint (Killer) a look that suggested she was surprised at how he was speaking to Emend.

"Actually," she corrected, "Robor's Mentor Morrow Wind would be the one to take a second look. He's more adept with prime than Jarome."

Then to Robor, she answered, "I doubt it would show anything other than our current timeline."

"The artifact seemed to... for lack of a better work, 'drug' Emend when he tried to analyze it, but did nothing unusual in response to the Saint using life on it to check out the flies within."

"Emend," the angel continued, "Do you feel any compulsion to try analyzing it again?"

Indeed, Emend actually did feel a rather strong urge to do so, if only to experience that amazing high once more. A lesser man would definitely find the effects highly addictive, but Emend's willpower was something to be proud of.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:46:26 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2018, 02:35:00 pm »

Emend gave Saint a look of annoyance."I guess we'll need to have talk about what's going on with him later," he thought to himself, before bringing his attention back to the matter at hand.

"I do, but I'm able to resist," he responds. "Why do you ask?"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:36:55 pm by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2018, 06:47:10 pm »

"I suspected as much," Sarapheen replied to Emend. "Addiction is the vice of the Demon Legacy Beelzebub. I think when you tried to analyze it, it showed you its base resonance by inducing an overwhelmingly pleasurable sensation. I imagine that using it for whatever purpose it was created will continue to gratify the user in such a manner and become an unbreakable addiction."

"So, while we still don't know what it does, we can safely guess the creator."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2018, 12:33:02 pm »

"So we got to... well store it someplace safe or somthin? Could it be like da Trogan horse?" Beats asks.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2018, 05:46:59 pm »

"Perhaps," Emend says, replying to Beats. "It could be that the gift arriving when the two of you were attacked was planned, and that us holding it will somehow benefit the vampires."

Emend considers just asking Sarapheen to bring it to Morrow Wind, before deciding it's best if the disciples handle their issues without using her as an errand girl.

"Beats, you should be able to hide the heart somehow using Space, correct? I believe you could even give it it's own pocket universe if you wanted. Once we've dealt with the vampires we can bring it to Morrow Wind and hopefully find out what can be done with it."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2018, 07:26:23 pm »

"I can try. Not done that one but I'll test it out."

Beats hilds his space tag tightly and attempts to cast 'Safe keeping' on the heart so it is safely stored away.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:28:36 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2018, 09:39:31 pm »

"That's a good idea Beats," Sarapheen pointed out, "But that requires you first creating a pocket realm - and that is temporary. You are expert enough with space to use advanced prolongation however."

"I would suggest placing the artifact in the castle vault and simply using a ward to keep anyone from portaling in to get it."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2018, 03:58:07 am »

"Until then I'll begin preparing the ritual to restore your body, Beats. Join me at the pool whenever you're ready. I will have you lay in the water and i'll draw on the magical energy that has seeped into the water to help you heal. It should be more comfortable as well."

Then, to himself as he goes - "Now where can I find some water-proof permanent marker to write the runes with... Unless Beats is happy to let me just carve them into him?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2018, 08:47:06 pm »

"Lets use da marker, Don't wanna ruin my ink." he replies to saint, making a mental note to follow up on whether this is a joke later. "Ah, dat would be easier I guess... k I'll set up wards over da vault then Maybe hide da Castle itself, I can make it hard for people to find, maze like. Though... Could we like, open like a cave just under da castle dat only we can portal too and can't be scried on?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:51:07 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2018, 10:28:26 pm »

"Batcave?"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2018, 08:15:50 am »

"Stop right there misters," UsdiYona says; "We don't need no bats!"

"Aren't vampires bats? Can't it be fairy cave? Or a gem cave? Or a drive though burger cave?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »

Club Perdition; 8:00 am Sunday Morning, February 4th 2018

With the Heart of Flies secured, and Beats given a new set of legs and his full vision back, everyone retired for a few hours to await sun up. Sarapheen meanwhile, left to seek the council of the Archangel Benjamin, leaving the purging of Belial's Brood in the hands of her capable disciples.

Emend's phone showed the location his tagged vampire to be that of some nightclub called Club Perdition. A quick googling of the place, revealed it to be a relatively new establishment, just over a year and a half old. Reviews were mixed, with the best touting it as the only place to party in DC, and the worst complaining about its nasty clientele and how grope-happy they all seemed to be. Another website, dedicated to rating the risk of getting a date-rape drug slipped into your drink, listed Club Perdition as the number one nightclub to be on your utmost guard at.

After a quick scry to make sure the coast was clear, Beats opened a portal onto an empty loading dock in the back of the establishment. As everyone made their way through, it suddenly donned on Robor that he had been here once before.

This was the old printing company that had been 'for lease' almost two years ago. The one he had tracked Tiffany Brandt to. The one were the vampire had been feeding off young girls attending his raves. The one where he had first met Sarapheen and his life as John Sterling had ended.

If Belial's Brood was here, it meant they were still up to their old tricks - only now, it seems that they had actually 'incorporated'  - establishing a permanent party place to ensure the nonstop flow of fresh blood.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2018, 01:44:47 pm »

"Well, this is a step up from the sewers," Emend remarks as they exit the portal.

"Beats, try to take a look inside so we can get a handle on how many people are around."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2018, 07:40:36 pm »

"They never stopped huh." Robor mutters. "Didn't even move out to a new location. Just continued doing the same damn thing."

"Theres gonna be civilians here. Lots of."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2018, 03:23:28 am »

Beats casts spacial shielding on everyone as they arrive.

"Whatcha Mean?" Beats asks Robor as he begins to scry inside the building to get a good layout and assess numbers

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2018, 01:39:34 pm »

Beats casts spacial shielding on everyone as they arrive.

"Whatcha Mean?" Beats asks Robor as he begins to scry inside the building to get a good layout and assess numbers
"It's a club, but they keep the partyers around." Robor says.
"I was here when Serapheen enlisted me, except last time  they were just taking advantage of an abandoned place. Now it's all official. They probably keep their victims in there."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2018, 02:51:58 pm »

"Beats, can you find out where the vampire Emend has marked is? Miguel might be able to possess him, with him out of the picture there hopefully shouldn't be anyone who instantly recognizes us - except for maybe you, Robor."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »

"I guess I could try an scry on him but I don't really have a connection so might not work? Maybe we just... like pull the fire alarm or somthin?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2018, 10:01:05 pm »

Looking in, Beasts could see a multi-bar club with a large dance floor, raised stage, multiple private rooms, and ample leather booth seating in recessed alcoves with dark granite tabletops. The décor was a punk/gothic mix - complete with iron manacles and hanging cages on the ceiling and gas-burning torches on wall sconces. Red and black color schemes mixed to create the feel of some hell pit inferno - albeit with an energetic party vibe.

The place was obviously closed for the day, but Beats noted eight biker-looking guys passed out in various booths with another dozen skanky looking bimbos curled up in their arms.

Beats could not see the vampire they had fought at the morgue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up