Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Enemies At The Gates  (Read 97489 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Enemies At The Gates
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2018, 10:06:58 am »

"You have the lifesight as well, can you tell if they are vampires or their servants?

If they are only servants we can deal with them all from here, it should make things a bit easier on us. If they are vampires perhaps Robor could render the roof transparent and burn them all?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2018, 11:26:02 am »

"Their Servants are victims, Saint. We can not indicriminately kill them."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2018, 12:13:23 pm »

Killer raises an eyebrow

"If you think we can save them, I'd love to hear how. I don't want to kill anyone either, but we have to don't we? We've had to do terrible things in the name of Heaven before. That Doll girl still haunts my dreams at night, I lost a part of myself when I destroyed her but the only thing we could do to help her was let her pass on. Hans didn't deserve to die the way he did - like an animal in the dark, alone, burned to death and broken apart. It was the same with Kark, it was the same with Jack. We have had no recourse up until now. But if you think there's a way, I will gladly hear you out. I didn't sign on to become a killer, even if that's all that we seem to be doing lately.

Now, maybe i'm overstepping, I don't know much of anything about vampires beyond what I could glean from my analysis of the ones at the morgue - I don't think any of us do - but i'm pretty sure that even if we killed their masters they'd still try to kill us for doing so. Am I wrong about the lengths to which their loyalty extends?"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:22:19 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2018, 12:31:04 pm »

"If they attack us we'll fight back, but we have no reason to proactively try to murder humans," Emend responds. "Unlike the others we've faced, these ones are simply being used as food so far as we're aware. Save your judgement for when we know more about them, Saint."

"While Beats takes a general look around, I'll look specifically for our friend from the morgue," he continues, attempting to scry the vampire he placed the tracking spell on. He'll first active Supernal Vision, along with Aura Perception, to easily tell the vampires apart.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2018, 12:34:06 pm »

"I never said I'd kill humans. Their servants aren't human, or at least, we can tell the difference with lifesight. There's a difference between their servants and their food", Killer answers back angrily

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2018, 04:25:15 pm »

While Emend could sense that the vampire he was tracking (or at least its Doc Martins) was about 65 meters below the building, he was unable scry in on it. This was not due to any ward or defense on the part of the vampires, but simply Emend's lack of sympathetic connection to the target.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2018, 06:08:17 pm »

"Seems like da bikers an Bimbos are just humans. Prob brainwashed like wid dracula and his food. just need ta knock em out then head down da secret tunnel Robor mentioned right?" Beats starts flexing his muscles and casts better body on himself in preparation.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2018, 06:38:29 pm »

"If they're humans we need to be careful about use magic around them. For now let's just try to sneak in," he remarks, attempting to find the backdoor. "Our friend is waiting for us underground."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2018, 06:44:19 pm »

"The doll girls, and Hans, were souls forced into doing evil. They were a mockery of life that had to be freed. And yet it still felt wrong. But here we can do better."

"I saw that, in the visions. Their Servants are the victims. We can help them. We have to help them." Robor says, frantically.

"I can make our presence close to unnoticeable. That should make it easy for us to destroy the vampires. Afterwards we will save everyone here." Robor says, looking down to his hand for his iron ring.

".... oh shit. Did I lose my ring in the explosion?" Robor asks, mortified.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2018, 06:47:14 pm »

"Oh, yes, that's right."

Killer takes out the ring and hands it to Robor.

"I forgot but I found it at the scene. It's what led me to realize you two were hospitalized.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2018, 06:51:11 pm »

Robor nods.
"Thanks Saint. That coulda been bad." He says, as he focuses, pushing an Incognito Presence the crowd.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2018, 06:59:58 pm »

"I suppose if Emend silences us combined with your efforts we should be able to sneak past without issue. If one of them wakes up I can put them back to sleep as well. Everyone agreed to sneak into the club?"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2018, 09:13:24 pm »

"Let's go," UsdiYona agrees. "Think they have a buffet?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2018, 09:49:34 pm »

"I'll wager it's not the kind you'd enjoy"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »

"In that case," UsdiYona says, "I'm glad I brought my travel snacks!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2018, 06:27:29 pm »

As Emend continued to try scrying out the vampire, with little in the way of luck, Robor cast incognito presence on himself and everyone else. As long as they did nothing to overtly draw attention to themselves, they would seem like they belonged in the nightclub by anyone (human at least) that happened to casually observe them.

Taking a moment to 'feel-out' the security system with forces, Emend was surprised at how little of it there actually was. Cameras watched only the front entrance of the nightclub, the cash registers at the two bars, a money counting room, the alcohol and spirits storage area, and a hallway outside two band lounges behind the stage. It was a simple matter to make sure they did not record the team.

Emend also telekinetically opened the deadbolt on the back door, allowing everyone to go inside. None of the sleeping occupants stirred at the intrusion.

Robor meanwhile, remembering the general direction of the grate in the old warehouse floor, led the group across the dance floor to some administrative offices, marked "Employees Only".

After slipping in and meeting no resistance to their explorations, the team came to an electrical maintenance room behind the room used to control all the club's music and lighting. This would be where the shaft dropped down into the old tunnel Robor had once traversed, but there was no sigh of it now.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2018, 06:17:17 am »

Killer starts knocking on the walls and tapping the floor, looking for a false wall/floor.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2018, 10:51:37 am »

Emend casts The Electric Invisible to see if he can follow the path electricity takes to get underground.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2018, 01:50:50 pm »

"it's supposed to be right here." Robor says, examong the floor. Focusing his knowledge of matter, he searched for the steel grate hidden beneath the floor, with Matter Sight.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2018, 02:27:15 pm »

Beats casts post-cognition  on the room to see if he catches anyone opening a secret door. He aims at closing time for the club thinking that might be when they take victims down.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:47:22 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2018, 07:38:01 pm »

The Saint (Killer) couldn't find anything out of the ordinary with his outdated methods.

Emend meanwhile, took a look at the building's electrical system with forces, and could see that there was nothing coming from, nor going down, below the building itself. The source of the nightclub's power was a telephone pole on the main street outside.

As this went on, Robor remembered a matter spell specifically designed for just such an occasion - Find the Hidden Hoard. If there was a secret door or passage in the room, that would be the spell to find it.

Sure enough, upon casting the spell, Robor could sense the fifty foot deep shaft and iron ladder under a particular section of the floor. Unfortunately, there was no existing mechanism to actually open it - the six inch concrete slab that constituted the nightclub's refurbished foundation having been poured right over it.

What Beats saw with postcognition however, answered the question of how anyone would actually get through. In peering back to the time around the nightclub's closing, Beats saw a freaky-looking gothic man enter the electrical room, dressed in black leather pants and frilly operatic blouse with a fishnet shirt and sleeves. He looked Eastern European, and in spite of being middle-aged, carried himself like a 1980's rock star - complete with the big hair, black eyeliner, and black painted fingernails.

As Beats watched, the man bit his own wrist and let the blood drip onto the concrete floor - chanting words that sounded Latin. A moment later, the blood soaked into the floor, the man's wrist sealed up, and the concrete opened like a mouth to reveal the shaft and ladder beneath.

Following that, six more men entered.

Four looked like young party-goers, dressed flamboyantly and clearly gay (judging by the way they tittered and carried on with each other). They were also completely sloshed, stumbling around and giggling like fools, as they were led in by a mature overly-muscled man in a cheesy leisure suit and bling bling that looked like he could have been a stand-in for the role of King Leonidas in Frank Miller's 300.

Following them was the vampire from the city morgue, only now dressed in black skinny jeans with his Doc Martins and wearing a leather jacket over his shirtless chest. He looked remarkably homoerotic, and gave smoldering looks of lusty desire to one of younger guys in the group.

"This is Vesh," the older man said to the group - his voice unnaturally rich and compelling.

"Hi boys!" the goth guy replied, motioning to the ladder in the floor. "The fun's down here, come on!"

He then climbed onto the ladder, gave a hoot, and slid down the side rails with amazing finesse.

"Don't try that at home kids," the older man quipped, "Vesh was a trained circus performer back in the day haha!"

The young party-goers all went down the ladder after Vesh, one-by-one.

When it was just the older man and the vampire from the morgue left at the top, the older man directed - "Go get four of the ghouls. Tell them they are being 'promoted' tonight. We need to replenish our numbers."

"Yes Ductus," the vampire from the morgue replied.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2018, 07:52:29 pm »

"Seems like the only way we'll be getting down there is through you Beats. You can open a portal there now that you've seen it through your vision right?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2018, 09:59:46 pm »

having seen a little down Beats uses scryingnon the bottom of the shaft to get a good reference point before casting the portal spell (With a portal key that only the deciples can use it)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2018, 04:23:52 pm »

Opening a gate into the bottom of the sealed shaft and getting light in there, everyone could see a dark concrete tunnel that ran under the length of the nightclub at least a couple hundred feet. There were no heavy power cables following along the wall (like Robor had seen the last time he was here), but instead, weird symbols and satanic verses, spray-painted onto every surface of the corridor in black, red, and bronze colors.

Once everyone had stepped through the portal and Beats 'locked it', the group began making its way down the hall. After only a few yards from the shaft and ladder however, everyone but UsdiYona was suddenly gripped with a feeling of pure dread. There was an astounding malevolent presence in the hallway that triggered the fight or flight response in them and made it mentally impossible to force themselves to take even one more step further down its length.

Whatever it was, UsdiYona seemed unaffected.

Looking with spirit sight, both Robor and UsdiYona could see shadows fliting and stretching along the walls a little ways down - spirits of some kind, but not nearly powerful enough (Robor could tell) to warrant the pervasive feelings of dread.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2018, 06:04:46 pm »

"It seems these creatures are no joke," Emend says, as he attempts to use his emotional urging ring to calm himself down.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »

Emend's emotional urging took the edge off, but there still remained a mental wall that prevented him from going further. This prompted him to take a look at things with prime and sure enough - he realized the way was blocked by an unusual ward/ban against humans (or at least humans not meeting certain criteria of the ban).

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2018, 06:53:28 pm »

"Miguel, scout ahead," Killer orders.

He attempts to use Trigger the Lizard brain to erase his own fight or flight response in an attempt to get through the ban.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:06:52 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2018, 08:57:08 pm »

Beat's activates his spacial sight to try and see the ward snd effect better "Is dis ban all da way though da walls too or just in da tunnel?" Beats almost muses alloud.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2018, 10:30:56 pm »

"Regardless, I'll see if I can handle it," Emend says, attempting to use Controlled Dispellation along with his Undo the Art rote, to prevent the ban from affecting the group.

"If all goes well they won't even know it's been tampered."

If he can, Emend will attempt to determined what the actual conditions are behind the ban as well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:54:07 pm by killa_robot »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2018, 10:55:15 pm »

"Watch out. The spirits here might be scouts." Robor says, as he oureaches his arm.

"Fall beneath me, spirits of shade." Robor says, asserting his power over the spirits.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2018, 07:17:33 pm »

"There seems to be evil spirits in the hallway ahead," Miguel answered the Saint (Killer) - as his spirit halberd appeared in hand. "I shall see if they intend to impede our passage."

The Saint (Killer)'s spell meanwhile, had no effect on the ban - other than muting the dread. He still could not push himself to step past the invisible boundary.

Beat's spatial sight meanwhile, revealed the ward to be quite extensive, covering an area about three hundred feet in diameter, and extending downward just over half that distance. Interestingly, it did not extend up farther than ten feet beyond the ceiling of the tunnel itself.

Emend took a moment to analyze the ward, subtly changing its pattern to ignore the disciples and those with them. As he did, everyone immediately felt the grip of the ban release its hold on them.

The ban itself was designed to prevent anyone who had not sworn a 'Blood Oath to Belial' from entering - unless physically touching a vampire that had (with that vampire's intent to allow passage through the ban). Emend noted that the ban also kept anyone from leaving its confines in the same manner.

Emend could also tell that the ward and ban radiated outward from a central point - suggesting not a spell, but an artifact was at work. Furthermore, the type of magic used, seemed to be blood-based, very similar in resonance to the spells that the Camerilla vampire Nicollet had been using during her meeting with Emend at the castle (only this one far exceeding her level of power).

As all this went on, Robor took control of four out of the six shadow spirits down the hall - forcing them to manifest from twilight into the physical world (being shapeless two dimensional silhouettes that traveled across the surfaces of the corridor). The other two, sensing his attempts to override their freewill, fled from his presence - traveling straight down into the floor and out of 'sight'.

Way down at the far end of the hall, Robor could also sense another minor spirit - that of a single large eyeball near the ceiling, watching the length of corridor and what was currently transpiring therein.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:53:24 pm by BerkaZerka »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2018, 08:41:49 pm »

"Did, you get 'em?" UsdiYona asked Robor. "Let me know, I'm ready for 'em!"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2018, 09:01:04 pm »

"Some sort of artifact is what is creating the ban," Emend announces, explaining how the ban works.

"Robor, will the spirits be an issue?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2018, 09:04:19 pm »

"there's a Eye watching the corridor." Robor says, plainly.

"And the shades won't be a problem. They're under my jurisdiction."

"Come forth Shadows, and tell us of this artifact. Where is it?"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:07:16 pm by Not Aman »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2018, 12:10:47 am »

Beats lets the others deal with the spirits for now saving his magic for things he is better against "Hey, you guys said fire was good aginst dem right? Can I borrow a lighter?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2018, 01:05:55 pm »

Killer repeats his earlier casting of Fantasia, coating his sword in extremely flammable and long burning liquid. Seeing what Beats is trying to do, he offers to do the same for him (though he doubts whether or not that would be as good of an idea with caesti).

He also keeps an eye out for any corpses that happen to be laying around for quick and easy resurrections/fodder.

"Miguel, keep guard against spirits like the one robor summoned. If you see any destroy them.

If we come across anything living that you can possess on the way forward do so."

"Here Usdi, a gift for the coming fight - you've always wanted to breathe fire right? Just clench all the muscles in your throat to use it."

Killer then goes to Usdi, and lays a hand on her head. Concentrating, he casts Fantasia on her, giving her the ability to breathe fire at will through a collection of glands that violently excrete liquid that burns on contact with the air when she clenches the muscles in  her throat, squeezing them. Along with this he adds a protective membrane in her throat, mouth and around her lips to protect her from the fire.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:14:37 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2018, 08:03:52 pm »

"Come forth Shadows, and tell us of this artifact. Where is it?"

The four shadows stretched across the walls and floor, until they were massed together submissively at Robor's feet. While they did not seem to be able to speak, Robor could telepathically sense what they were trying to communicate.

<What artifact do you seek master?>

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2018, 09:26:28 am »

The four shadows stretched across the walls and floor, until they were massed together submissively at Robor's feet. While they did not seem to be able to speak, Robor could telepathically sense what they were trying to communicate.

<What artifact do you seek master?>

<The one hidden by the servants of Belial. The vampires.> Robor sends, as he takes a look at the Eyeball, and raises his arm to control it.

"Don't move forward yet. The vampires don't know that we broke the ban yet. I might be able to keep them thinking that."

If he succeeds in controlling the eyeball, he will order it to relay that the Disciplies have continued to be held back by the Ward.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2018, 10:41:13 am »

Beats shakes his head at the Saint "Nah, don't want da fire stuck ta me, might be hard ta get off it it goes bad."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2018, 11:44:19 am »

"Breath fire?" UsdiYona says to the Saint, "how cool is that?!"

She then changes to bear form and gives it a try.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2018, 04:01:28 pm »

Something about seeing a large black bear breathing a hot gout of flame from its mouth was comically absurd. UsdiYona certainly seemed to be amused by it anyway.

Miguel meanwhile, had already moved down the hallway, scouting ahead - visible only to The Saint (Killer) and UsdiYona in the dark passage.

Robor easily took control of the minor watcher spirit. It did not respond to his directives however, simply existing to watch something. In this case, it was the hallway - and as soon as Robor had usurped command, he could close one of his own eyes to see what the floating eyeball was looking at. He also realized that he could tell it what to go watch - though its intelligence seemed slightly above that of a common houseplant - which meant, 'show, don't tell' probably applied here.

As this went on, the shadows considered Robor's answer.

<We know the vampires of Belial,> the shadows replied; <They secured our services - to enervate those who force their way through the ward. We are not privy to their haven however; Nor what may be in it.>

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2018, 04:14:43 pm »

Robor nods
<How many of Belial's brood are there?> Robor asks, as he keeps one eye shut.

<And you. Go forth into the Warrens.> Robor orders the eye.

"Let's go. They don't have their eye. Keep a watch, there might be more shades around. They were bound to enervate Intruders."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2018, 05:30:14 pm »

Beats readies his Cestus to strike at any wierd shades or things moving his way and follows Robor

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2018, 07:35:23 pm »

"Good, we'll leave the shadows to you then," Emend tells Robor. "With the ban out of the way we should head forward," he continues, drawing his lighter and moving forward.

"And be careful with that..." Emend warns Usdi, although confident the warning won't do much good.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2018, 07:47:20 pm »

"Usdi, do me a favour and light my sword", Killer says as he follows the others forward.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2018, 10:36:38 am »

FAWOOOSH!!!  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2018, 11:01:49 am »

After the Saint (Killer) put his sleeve out and healed the burns on his hand...

One had to admit, Saint (Killer) had nailed the whole fire-breathing fantasia thing - now UsdiYona had only to work on controlling the area she doused in fire. To her credit though, the sword was now flaming nicely, as the Saint (Killer) had requested.

<There are four regulars,> the shadows answered Robor meanwhile, <Claude Van Jean, the Ductus; Vesh Raventon, the Priest; Pimp Master McHoe, Keeper of the Haven (and Hoes); and Lit, the Ductus' right-hand man.>

<The rest, typically four, are the expendable shock troops and go through a constant rotation. They also keep a handful of ghouls, a herd of women, and some drug mules.>

As the shadows spoke, the spirit eye flew over to Robor and hovered nearby - clearly not knowing what 'warrens' Robor was talking about.

Moving the rest of the way down the corridor, with the eyeball and shadows following, the disciples came to its end. An old electrical junction box hung on the right side of the wall, while an excavated tunnel was on the left.

The cover of the junction box was missing, and faded red paint, above the box, warned 'DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE! ELECTROCUTION HAZARD!'.

An ancient-looking knife switch was inside the box, labeled 'To Mill' - though it was not currently hooked up to anything and was in the 'off' position.

Above the junction box, cables came down through the ceiling, through the box, and then on down through the floor. The cables, labeled 'Rail Main', were wrapped in old-looking insulation that was cracked and brittle and gave off an ominous electrical buzz.

The excavated tunnel meanwhile, led only a short distance before exiting through a brick wall onto a fifteen foot wide concourse of brick-laid stairs, divided by a rusty handrail running down the center.

To the right, the stairs rose up only eight feet, before ending at the backside of a crumbling concrete pouring-form - the other side of which, was a concrete slab, cutting the stairs off in that direction.

To the left, the stairs dropped down well into darkness - though Robor already knew that they descended a hundred and fifty feet to an old abandoned subway platform.

Something about the stairs was new to Robor however.

He had been a sleeper the last time he had gone down them, but now - being awakened - he could sense an evil resonance emanating from the bottom. He could also tell, with spirit, that the place was a locus (the strength of the gauntlet between worlds having been worn thin, making it easier for spirits and demons to cross over).

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:55:57 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2018, 04:55:42 pm »

"Pimp master Mchoe? He sounds like a formidable opponent. How could we ever hope to defeat something so powerful?"

Killer casts Sense Life, extending it as far downwards as he can. He wonders what life might have made it through the vampire's ward - how many ensorcelled servants might be present, etc.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2018, 06:24:47 pm »

Beats switches between his various sights to check for spzcial distortions, temporal ones then finally to check for the powernlines and how they flow in the hopes of using them to get a layout of the area below.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2018, 09:16:00 am »

Robor looks down the stairs.
"Man, I really had no idea what I was getting into." He says, wide eyed, as he directs the Eyeball down the stairs.

"This place is a locus. You guys know what that means." Robor says, weary of demons popping out of the walls. "It's a long way down to the abandoned railway station."

<So, are the vampires skilled in controlling spirits? What are their abilities?> He asks the shadows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up