Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Enemies At The Gates  (Read 97436 times)

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
Re: Enemies At The Gates
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2018, 11:28:26 am »

'Whoo Hooo!!!' UsdiYona thinks to herself, 'two weeks of free dinners! Yay!!!'

Her mouth waters at the thought and she does a happy little bear dance in celebration!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:30:06 am by LadyZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2018, 05:52:45 pm »

"Dere's somthin arrivin on da train." Beats quickly calls and heads back through the portal to see what is coming.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2018, 06:06:28 pm »

"Dere's somthin arrivin on da train." Beats quickly calls and heads back through the portal to see what is coming.
"Something that knows how to travel the spirit road." Robor says.
"Nothing good ever comes out of that." He says, following Beats through the portal.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »

Killer casts the purification spell on both of them, then calls to everyone.

"Gather up, I'm running low on energy, I don't have many healing spells left. Let me get everyone at once."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2018, 06:33:20 pm »

"Something that knows how to travel the spirit road." Robor says.
"Nothing good ever comes out of that." He says, following Beats through the portal.

"If something's coming we should leave and return after," Emend says, following the two through. "We've finished what we came here for, and the area is too toxic for us to stay here much longer."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2018, 03:45:46 pm »

With everyone out on the subway platform, Saint (Killer) cast his healing spells, restoring the majority of the teams' vitality. Emend was right about the radiation however, but as long as they stayed on the platform, the Saint (Killer)'s body control spell could handle it. It was only when one neared the tracks that the levels became dangerously high.

Of course, the subway car was within those elevated levels, which is why the two heroin addicts, cuffed to the car, had up and died.

Watching the subway car for a few moments, the team saw no new threats.

Then it dawned on Robor, that the spirit road had probably been created, not to bring something in, but for the two remaining Belial's Brood vampires to escape through...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2018, 04:58:14 pm »

"Fark." Robor mutters. "They're escaping through the spirit road."

He puts his palms to the ground, opening a spirit road.
"Usdi, chase after them. We'll be right behind you. Can't let any of them escape."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2018, 09:12:59 pm »

"Erm, I'm kinda low on da big spells. Can you get us dere Robor?" Beats asks geting very weary of paradox.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2018, 11:05:42 pm »

"Erm, I'm kinda low on da big spells. Can you get us dere Robor?" Beats asks geting very weary of paradox.
"Yeah I'm ripping open the gauntlet so we can pass through it all." Robor sYs, nodding

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »

"Miguel, see if you can find out where they're going."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2018, 05:38:04 pm »

UsdiYona steps sideways to go join Miguel in seeing where the vampires went.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2018, 07:01:31 pm »

Miguel and UsdiYona cautiously moved into the subway car (or the twilight aspect of it at least).

Once inside, they could see that the subway car had been made into some swanky-looking bachelor pad - complete with red and black artistic décor, reminiscent of the nightclub's 'perdition' theme above.

A huge round bed dominated the center of the car - the passenger seats of which had all been removed - and both the bed and floor was covered in Siberian white tiger-skin rugs.

Huge elephant (or demon?!?) tusks of ancient appearance, and gold candle-stands with more giant candles, framed a large stone sarcophagus at the far end, while a life-sized red brass statue of Baphomet - a satanic-looking figure with a goat's head, black wings, and full breasts of all things, was set up in the entryway.

Painted on the windows behind the large statue was the Sabbatic Goat - or Sigil of Baphomet.

To the side of the car, one of the tiger-skin rugs had been moved, to reveal an open trapdoor in the floor. The trapdoor appeared to lead simply to the ground beneath the car, on one side of the tracks. It could be an escape hatch, but something seemed unusual about the ground under the trapdoor - as if it was not your run-of-the-mill dusty construction gravel. In fact, it actually looked quite rich, like someone had emptied a truckload of a dark woody planting soil of some kind under the subway car.

As for the vampires, none were in sight, but when UsdiYona peered into the shadow (something Miguel could not do apparently), she saw some non-descript distant movement, hurrying away down dark cavernous passages.

Scary dark cavernous passages.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2018, 07:50:39 pm »

"Hey Miguel," UsdiYona says, "I think they got away. Could you tell the others and ask what we should do?"

"And if their answer involves me going into this deep dark scary hole, then it better involve me getting a pizza as well."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2018, 08:00:16 pm »

Miguel nodded to UsdiYona and went out over to the Saint (Killer) to explain the situation.

"The rail wagon has been abandoned. There is a trapdoor, but the bear girl says they went into a deep dark hole... I think? I did not see what she could see."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2018, 10:20:04 am »

Beats waits for somthing to happen ready for new enemies to appear

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2018, 10:42:24 am »

Killer enters the rail wagon and goes to take a look at the hole in question itself. He casts his life sights on the rich dark soil - his suspicion is that the ground has been fed the blood of a large number of victims.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2018, 11:46:00 am »

"If we missed some and they're running away we should let them. There's no telling if they have more traps waiting, or if they have allies at their destination," Emend remarks.

"We should head back and fortify our defences."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2018, 12:18:54 pm »

Heading into the subway car, the Saint (Killer) was immediately taken aback by the large satanic statue and sigil in the entry. Something about it triggered chills that ran up and down his spine - and suggested a certain familiarity, which he couldn't actually place.

Heading over to the trapdoor, he could see the smoky outline of UsdiYona's twilight form hovering nearby. Observing the dirt under the car, revealed nothing unusual about it - other than it definitely was not soil native to Washington DC or the surrounding area.

A strange 'buzzing' sensations in the Saint (Killer)'s stomach and limbs, reminded him of the radiation hazard not too far from his current position in the railcar.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2018, 12:25:21 pm »

“I agree, we should leave soon - because of the radiation if for nothing else. But before that, mind casting your sights on this place? Some of these things might be magical in nature, especially this statue”.

Killer looks for something he can use to scoop up some of the dirt and take it with him. He doesn’t want to touch the stuff with his own hands.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2018, 07:05:22 pm »

Emend takes a look at the statue.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2018, 09:14:44 am »

Braving the radiation, Emend entered the subway car and gave the interior a look.

The large red-brass statue of Baphomet was the origin of the ward and ban that they had encountered in the long corridor; the one Emend had tweaked to allow them through. It was attuned to Deceit and empathically linked to a sleeping entity of some kind that probably resided in the Shadow version of the artifact.

The large tusks at the other end of the car were also enchanted, radiating Envy and cold blue fire to Emend's supernal vision. Emend got the impression that they were the spikey tines off the back of some draconic demon of old - and they apparently granted immunity to fire for some infernal price.

The Saint (Killer) meanwhile, had collected some of the strange dirt below the trapdoor, in a discarded plastic bag. Checking it out, Emend could see that it was not magical in any way, though it did carry an empathic connection to someone - one of the vampires perhaps?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2018, 10:50:47 am »

"If we leave, the vampires can spawn more of themselves." Robor says.

"We have an obligation to get rid of them."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2018, 12:17:51 pm »

"The statue was the ward I altered earlier, and the tusks are used to gain immunity to fire, for a price. If the others used the tusks, then that leaves the sun as the only real weakness to them," Emend explains.

"That dirt has an empathetic link to someone, though I don't see why dirt would be that important to anyone. Perhaps Sarapheen would be able to take a guess. Regardless, we should destroy the tusk and cast a spell to keep an eye on the area, should they return," he says.

"The statue we should leave. We're already unaffected by it, it keeps outsiders out of harms way, and it's linked to something we likely don't want to awaken for no reason."

He then turns to Robor.

"We can finish them off later. Though if you insist on following vampires down a dark tunnel that likely leads to their allies alone then by all means, be my guest," he responds with a smirk.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:21:43 pm by killa_robot »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2018, 12:58:48 pm »

"As much as I hate to agree with him we're in no condition to continue Robor. I used up a lot of energy keeping us alive up until now, I won't be able to do it again. We're all in rough shape after that, walking into a trap wouldn't help. You can take comfort in the knowledge that they will burn all the more for their crimes when we are done with them."

Pausing for a second, Killer looks to the others.

"Say, does anything about that statue strike you as familiar? Something about it felt... well, I recognized the feeling when I came in here. I'm wondering if maybe that heart we got was originally a part of this or something."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2018, 04:23:23 pm »

Beats shouts over as he gets closer but gives the radiation pool a wide bearth "Whats it look like? and wat was da heart called agen?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2018, 06:00:28 pm »

"No, the heart and it are associated with different demons," Emend explains. "And it doesn't feel familiar to me. Perhaps you have some sort of personal history with it?"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2018, 03:54:44 pm »

UsdiYona steps sideways back into the real world, thankful that she does not have to go down that deep scary hole!

Changing back into a girl, she says "I'm glad that's over with! Now I'm starved!"

She fails to notice all the bald patches in her hair.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2018, 04:56:50 pm »

"As much as I hate to agree with him we're in no condition to continue Robor. I used up a lot of energy keeping us alive up until now, I won't be able to do it again. We're all in rough shape after that, walking into a trap wouldn't help. You can take comfort in the knowledge that they will burn all the more for their crimes when we are done with them."
"If we leave, they have the chance to escape. Give me a second to make it more difficult for them, at least." Robor says, willing himself to the spirit realm. He'll order the Eye Spirit to remain at the entrance to the tunnels, to watch for those entering and exiting it.

He'll also exam to see if he can spot any spirits in the tunnel itself.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2018, 05:48:02 pm »

"Maybe it was a part of my studies. It's been a while."

With his sword, Killer takes a swipe at both tusks on the statue.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2018, 09:13:20 pm »

As the Saint (Killer) cleft apart the ancient dragon tines with his sword, Robor stepped sideways into twilight. The transition was remarkably easy, in part due the gauntlet having been worn so thin by Belial's Brood and their unholy summonings.

Moving to a point where he could look down the tracks, Robor could see three small pinpoints of orange-ish light, flickering a couple hundred feet into the tunnel. Taking a moment to focus his vision between all three worlds, Robor concluded that whatever it was, existed only in twilight. He couldn't see anything in the real world or in the shadow - which really was a scary-looking dark hole of cavernous fear that UsdiYona had described.

Using mind, Robor could detect a large host of barely intelligent 'huminoids?' down the tunnel in the real world - perhaps two dozen and another two minds that seemed completely broken into multiple pieces - or maybe they were actually multiple minds fuzzed together? Yet broken by the process?

Checking the flickering lights in twilight, Robor could sense they were highly intelligent spirits of some kind.

Reaching out with his senses in the shadow, revealed no active minds within his sensory range.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2018, 09:50:42 pm »

Robor reaches out to take control of the flickering lights.

"What exists down this tunnel?" He asks them

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »

Whether the entities simply ignored Robor, or were too far away to receive his commands, the three flickering points of light remained where they were (unmoved).

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2018, 03:39:14 pm »

Robor tsks. He needs to become stronger. He changes his aim, focusing on the broken minds in the tunnel.
"What are you" he mumbles, as he tries to establish a telepathic link to one of the minds.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2018, 05:50:45 pm »

(Assuming Robor explains what he's trying to do)

Killer stays by and carefully monitors Robor as he establishes a mental link with foreign entities in the middle of a demonic lair, ready to wrest control of his body away from him if things suddenly go horribly wrong.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2018, 06:01:49 pm »

Robor tsks. He needs to become stronger. He changes his aim, focusing on the broken minds in the tunnel.
"What are you" he mumbles, as he tries to establish a telepathic link to one of the minds.

Robor managed to establish a connection to one of the fractured portions of a mind. It was not capable of communication via anything but exceedingly strong emotions and did not even appear to be aware of Robor's mental intrusion - offering no notable response to his questions.

'ANXIOUS! ANGUISH! HATE! RAGE! SMASH! EAT!'

In the physical world meanwhile, everyone else heard a god-awful guttural sound reverberate up the subway tunnel - like the combination of a lion's roar and the hoarse braying of a donkey!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:06:40 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2018, 06:13:05 pm »

"Not sure this is worth the trouble Robor. At least not while we're all still so tired and the place is so unsafe."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2018, 06:34:16 pm »

Beats looks around suspiciously "Is dere anythin worth fightin still here or do we go and like come back later?" then glancing around "Just let me grab a few things so we can find dem agen." He then edges into the train car looking arpund the platform and inside the car for small trinkets that may have belonged to the vamps.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2018, 09:57:38 am »

Beats found a number of small personal effects near the large stone sarcophagus, and took one that seemed to have a strong empathic link to its vampiric owner - a pewter goblet fashioned from the upturned half of human skull.

The dirt that the Saint (Killer) had already collected, seemed to be linked to the other vampire.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2018, 10:03:46 am »

"Robor!" UsdiYona says to the twilight disciple with her hands on her hips; "I thought we were leaving."

She then turns to Miguel. "Tell him, Miguel. A growing girl's got to eat!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2018, 10:06:43 am »

Miguel, chuckled at the bear-girl's impatience and moved to stand by Robor in twilight. It was one of the few occasions that Robor could see the ghost clearly - being that he only ever saw his blurred form through the wrong arcanum.

"What is it that you see?" He asked.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2018, 05:04:11 pm »

With this and da dirt, I can find dem again when I want." he tells the others

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2018, 08:12:01 pm »

Miguel, chuckled at the bear-girl's impatience and moved to stand by Robor in twilight. It was one of the few occasions that Robor could see the ghost clearly - being that he only ever saw his blurred form through the wrong arcanum.

"What is it that you see?" He asked.
Robor points down the tunnel.
"I'm not sure. Angry minds." he says with a shrug. "Might be spirits stuck in mortal bodies?"

"Robor!" UsdiYona says to the twilight disciple with her hands on her hips; "I thought we were leaving."

She then turns to Miguel. "Tell him, Miguel. A growing girl's got to eat!"

"yeah yeah, I hear. Just hate leaving them when we have them cornered." He mutters, he turns to Miguel.

"We should chat sometime. Was a historian in my otherlife. We could go over some of your history, see what the world got wrong." He says, and then sidesteps back.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2018, 08:41:18 am »

With this and da dirt, I can find dem again when I want." he tells the others

"Then let's leave," Emend replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2018, 11:02:05 am »

Returning from the twilight, robor looks to the group.

"They got some broken people in there. Tortured or something." He says.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2018, 01:36:05 pm »

Killer casts Sense Life and casts it out as far as he can down the tunnel

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2018, 03:02:23 pm »

"Just down da tunnel?" Beats asks then quickly begins scrying the indicated area "I'll check wat I can see"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2018, 09:39:47 pm »

Well down the tunnel, at least a couple hundred feet, the Saint (Killer) picked up the lifeforms that Robor had detected with his mind magic. There were twenty four humanoid, yet sub-human, species that the Saint (Killer) had never before encountered. In fact, after taking a moment to really analyze what he was sensing, he could tell that they had been altered in some manner similar to his fantasia and body honing abilities - only in more visceral and entirely alien ways. It was suddenly unclear if the creatures had been brought up to sub-human or near-human, from a lower species, or... reduced to sub-human from a higher form.

Then continuing his scan, he felt out two incredibly disturbing amalgams of sub-human and animal life. Giant abominations of fused creations - as if a multitude of living flesh had been sewn or merged together to create perverse golems of colossal proportions. Whatever they were, they were both equally as massive as the industrial waste demon had been, but incredibly, monsters of the living world! Somehow neither demonic, nor creatures of the shadow!

Beats meanwhile, opened a window into the distant darkness, unable to see anything in the pitch black. He could hear a multitude of things breathing heavily in that portion of the rail tunnel however, and the lumbering movements of huge creatures jostling about, like a herd of cows milling around in a pen.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2018, 10:30:27 pm »

"I cant see dem in da dark but I can hear dem. Want me to light dem up? If so, gonna need some fire." he says outloud.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2018, 09:58:34 am »

"I really don't think we should mess with whatever is in there. Or at least, you shouldn't. I might be able to finish them all off from here but it's still risky if they get any closer."

Pausing a bit then backing up to explain to the others, Killer continues "Have you guys ever seen a kid make a bunch of little things with playdoh? Like little people, or animals? Cows, dogs, a family, etc? You ever seen them mash them all up together into a big ball once they're done playing?

That's kind of what happened down there. I'm not completely clear on the magic behind it but it's more or less like if I went completely insane and started experimenting on raising various animals into human and inhuman forms and fusing them together. Or at least I think they're animals. They're definitely not human anymore if they used to be. I don't think I possess the level of mastery necessary to undo what's happened, and we would need Morrowind or an even greater master to undo the damage to their minds. Would be a lot kinder to just put them out of their misery. I'd guess they're in about as much pain as Miguel was back in hell, probably moreso considering their flesh is still alive. Would be surprised and a bit horrified if the big ones were even still sentient."

"There are twenty four individual... things, and two of the large, golem-like masses of them. As savage and animalistic as they are I could have them turn on each other and then finish off whichever of the two golems wins. Or we could leave them here as bait, the vampires might come back to reclaim them - I imagine it took a lot of work to make them. Might even be able to turn them on the vampires, but I don't know just how strong their control over these things are. We might even consider asking Sarapheen to bring down a greater angel to undo the damage, if they could be bothered. Feel free to consider our options."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2018, 03:42:39 pm »

"Ah, I was just gonna send fire through da scryin window." Beats replies having missed half of the exposition
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up