Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Enemies At The Gates  (Read 97388 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Enemies At The Gates
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2018, 10:08:40 am »

Robor grimaces.
"They've been corrupted, there's nothing left in their minds but hate. We can't leave them to suffer like this anymore."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2018, 10:46:37 am »

Nodding in agreement, Killer sits down and concentrates. He reaches out to one of the large golems and begins speaking words of suggestion, hatred, strife and pain. He amplifies the creature's animal instincts - or rather, as many of the creatures inside the golem as he can, demanding it protect it's territory. He amplifies its anger at all life, including that life which surrounded it right now. He amplifies its fight or flight instinct, that its natural response to its constant pain might force it into a fighting state.

He spends a willpower point on the attempt.

If all this is not enough he will even try to use his sword's enchantment to try to force a fight out of the golem.

(Lizard brain on one of the Vozdh, try to make it turn on the other ghouls in range).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:02:05 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »

At the Saint (Killer)'s instigation, a terrible row abruptly broke out down at the far reaches of the darkened subway tunnel!

Rancorous howls and savage snarls echoed up the passage, along with thunderous blows that shook the ground and sent a keening ring up the rails. This was all followed by lamenting yelps and shrieking squeals, that seemed to flee away from the focal point of the loud raucous.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2018, 11:25:55 pm »

Killer reaches out to the ones fleeing the fight and tries to influence them in tirn, reversing their fight or flight instincts - trying to make them fight that which threatens their lives instead of fleeing it. He suppresses their fear and amplifies their urge to fight (again Lizard Brain).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2018, 04:15:59 pm »

The Saint (Killer) could feel a few of the lesser creatures succumb to his manipulations, each staying to fight it out with the psychotically enraged greater one. The sounds of battle continued to echo up the tunnel along with the occasional tremor shaking the ground.

As this went on, Emend was able to deduce that the creatures fighting each other were actually outside the bounds of the ward that Belia's Brood had set up through the profane statue.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2018, 10:01:31 pm »

Killer waits it out. When he senses only one lifeform remaining he’ll begin to cast killing curses one after the other, until he is sure that there is nothing left there alive.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2018, 05:28:27 pm »

It was not too long, before the sounds of battle died down.

Checking with their relative mage sites, the disciples were surprised to find quite a lot of the creatures still waiting - just beyond the ward that prevented enemies of Belial's Brood from entering the area.

The number of lesser creatures seemed to have been whittled down to about twelve - while both of the gargantuan monstrosities still remained.

It was questionable, given the Saint (Killer)'s quickly dwindling mana, as to whether life force assault was even worth the effort.

Additionally, all this standing around - bathed in enough rads to kill a horse - was slowly beginning to take a toll...

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2018, 05:32:42 pm »

"What are we waiting for?" UsdiYona asked curiously. "What's making all the noise down there?"

"Robor, go see what it is!"

Noticing a patch of Emend's hair falling out, UsdiYona also asks, "Emend? What is wrong with your hair?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2018, 08:11:37 pm »

“I halved their numbers and I would imagine at least one of the big ones is heavily injured by now, some might die on their own. But this is getting exhausting, the radiation that demon left behind is still wearing me down. Emend, can you do anything about it or do we need to leave?”
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:29:36 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2018, 09:50:22 pm »

"There's nothing worth doing at the moment. We'll head back to the castle, rest up, and make sure we're ready in the event of a counter-attack," Emend responds grabbing at piece of his falling hair.

"We've clearly over-stayed our welcome after all."

He then turns to Usdi.

"Nothing at all. I'm just trying out a new style. What do you think?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2018, 11:53:33 pm »

"So we need ta portal outa here or take the route out dat we used to get here?" Beats asks the group

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2018, 05:51:10 pm »

“The route we took here both involved a nightclub filled with vampiric servants and a portal, It would be more prudent to just teleport back from now. Maybe not directly there, in case they have some way of following through the portal as we sometimes do.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »

Fair enough, let me think.

Beats then thinks of a well hidden alleyway a few blocks from the church they  can portal too then walk the rest of the way. Scrying first to ensure no sleepers are nearny he opens the portal out.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2018, 10:49:37 am »

Robor nods.
"We should search for the vampires when we return,"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2018, 08:08:18 pm »

Washington National Cathedral; Sunday Morning, February 4th 2018

After portaling out of the abandoned subway tunnel, the disciples carefully made their way to the east side of the Washington National Cathedral. Being Sunday morning, a mass was in progress and the disciples had to slip in through a delivery door. It did not help that they all looked a terrible mess.

Once in their usual meeting space, down in the lower levels, the Saint (Killer) used his magic to purge the radiation poisoning from everyone.

Beats meanwhile, tried to use the items he had collected to locate the remaining Belial's Brood vampires, but was unsuccessful. According to his spell, the owners of the sympathic links were not anywhere on Earth.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:10:58 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2018, 12:19:45 am »

"Dese Vamps aint on Earth. Maybe da shadow or... some other plain but I can't scry dem at all. I'll Keep tryin a few times each day though." Beats tells them after a few fruitless attempts.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2018, 02:44:31 pm »

"They'll have to come back eventually, for blood if for nothing else. They will not hide from us forever, we can simply wait for them to return while we recover and investigate their lair further. For now I say we wait," Killer offers.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2018, 02:55:30 pm »

"Dese Vamps aint on Earth. Maybe da shadow or... some other plain but I can't scry dem at all. I'll Keep tryin a few times each day though." Beats tells them after a few fruitless attempts.
"What if I pulled you into the Shadow? Would you be able to svry them from there?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2018, 06:56:37 pm »

"If dat is where dey are then sure? I think at least" Beats replies

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2018, 08:35:12 pm »

"We should head back to the castle and attempt to find them from there," Emend says.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2018, 12:01:34 am »

"We should head back to the castle and attempt to find them from there," Emend says.
"Yeah fine. But it's important we get to them.as soon as possible. I'm tired of always reacting to evil."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2018, 06:56:42 pm »

High Oaks Castle; Sunday Afternoon, February 4th 2018

Regrouping at High Oaks Castle, Beats healed his companions, while Robor created a spirit road, so that he and Beats could head into the shadow to scry out the location of the two missing vampires.

As this went on, The Saint (Killer) retired to the pool to soak up some mana, while UsdiYona hit up the kitchen.

That left Emend a moment to reflect quietly on things by himself (as long as he didn't let all the noise coming from the kitchen distract him). Of course, UsdiYona was part spirit... and the last spirit to go hog wild in the castle was the Sclorch... and that certainly did a number on the library...

Maybe he should go see if UsdiYona needed any 'help' after all.

---

Beats and Robor Continued in (Shadows of Things Past)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:56:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2018, 07:17:54 pm »

Feeling that the defences should at least give them good warning, Emend heads to the kitchen to make sure Usdi is taking care to not burn the mansion down.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 11, 2018, 03:54:59 pm »

UsdiYona greets Emend as he come in. She has created a huge buffet and is trying to balance a ridiculously high dagwood sandwich on plate.

At least she's using a plate, regardless the fact she's sitting indian style atop the table itself in the middle of all the food!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »

"I notice there is a distinct lack of fire this time. Well done," Emend praises, grabbing himself a snack as well. Just to make sure nothing sneaks up on him, he'll activate spatial awareness now.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:58 pm »

Down in the basement, the Saint (Killer) had just finished his oblation at the hallow, when his cell phone rang. It was an Arlington Virginia number, but not one he was familiar with.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2018, 06:07:02 pm »

Normally Killer would ignore the call - probably nothing but a telemarketer.

But given the circumstances - especially that the number is from Arlington, he answers it - "Hello, who am I speaking to?"

I wonder why they didn't call Emend? Or is it part of the brood?

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2018, 07:37:08 pm »

"Father Giles Moreau?" A voice asked, continuing; "I am Robert Swane. I represent the Estate Panning and Acquisitions Firm of Blume & Blumenthal, here in Arlington."

"It has come to the attention of a client of ours, that you may have recently come into possession of an unusual curiosity of ancient origin. A glass figure of a human heart, if I understand correctly."

"If you have such an item and are interested in learning more about its provenance or would be willing to entertain prospective offers for it, I would love to schedule a meeting with you at your convenience."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2018, 08:00:10 pm »

"Well now, I thought it an interesting curiosity. I didn't realize there were others who had their eye on it - tell me, are you aware of the nature of the figurine or are you simply representing people who are?"

Aren't these Emend's enemies? Didn't Emend first receive the heart? Why are they calling me?

They must know I'm a disciple, why would they assume I would sell them a demonic legacy? Have I been found out?

Killer starts up the steps upstairs as he speaks, searching for Emend.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35:36 pm »

"I represent an interested party, who has an extensive knowledge of the item's background. I personally, have not known anything about the item until today, but have been provided a detailed portfolio of its description and the legends surrounding it."

"I must admit that it all sounds completely fantastic to me, but the client is quite serious about making a very generous offer - If... the item turns out to be the original piece and not simply a replica or fake."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »

"I'll need some time to consider my options - can I call you back at this number if I want to set up a meeting at a later date?

Also, if I may ask, how did you find out I'd come into possession of the thing? A friend gave it to me in a rather personal transaction, did they blab?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2018, 08:37:49 am »

"Of course," Mr. Swane answered; "Call me anytime. I can be reached at this line directly, or through the Office of Blume and Blumenthal."

In regard to the follow up question, he explained, "Our Office was contacted by the client to act as mediator between your two parties. I was only informed this morning that you might have the item, which is what prompted this cold call."

"My apologies for bothering you on a Sunday, but the client is quite eager to confirm authenticity and move into negotiations (as appropriate)."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2018, 05:12:51 pm »

"Alright, I'll let you know when and if I can set up a meeting by tomorrow, thank you for the call."

With that, Killer hangs up and tries to find the others.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2018, 03:14:47 pm »

The Saint (Killer) found Emmend and UsdiYona in the kitchen.

The place was a disaster area. Not that he hadn't seen them same in his own kitchen from time to time.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2018, 05:09:43 pm »

"Are Robor and Beats back yet? I just got a pretty important call. We might have to delay our vampire hunt for a bit."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2018, 09:32:03 pm »

"No, they're both still out. What kind of call was it?" Emend asks.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2018, 12:48:21 am »

"It was a call from your old friends at Blume and Blumenthal. Apparently someone knows we have the Heart of Flies and is looking to buy it. They know what it is too, so probably not a human. Blume and Blumenthal is supposedly only an intermediary but I somehow doubt its involvement is a coincidence.

I assume they know we're disciples so I'm not quite sure why they would even call to ask instead of launching an attack to recover it but i'm thankful we've been given the chance to organize. I think you should contact Miss Corday and ask about who this mysterious buyer might be. You don't think it could be the surviving brood members do you?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2018, 12:08:51 pm »

"Maybe they want to be invited, or confirm its location before making a move. Perhaps they know the true nature of the Heart, and think we can use its powers," Emend replies.

"The only people outside of ourselves and Sarapheen that know we have the heart would be the Camarilla. Either they leaked the information, or we're being spied on. Either way, it's worth a call," he finishes, pulling out his phone and making the call to Nicolette.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2018, 07:52:36 pm »

"de Corday Linguistics," a female voice answered Nicolette's cell, though it was not her; "How may I help you?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2018, 08:47:08 pm »

"This is Emend. I'm looking to speak with Nicolette," Emend answers. "It's concerning a gift she brought when we last met."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2018, 05:20:38 pm »

"Hello Mr. 'Emend'," the woman replied; "Nicolette is currently overseas with another client, but if you will leave a callback number, I can pass a message along. She should return your call this evening after 9:00pm, due to the time zone changes. I hope that won't be too inconvenient."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2018, 08:55:20 pm »

"That's fine then," Emend replies, hanging up the phone after saying goodbye. He then turns to Saint.

"Nicolette won't get back to us until the evening. Did the demons mention when they wanted an answer by?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2018, 07:54:36 am »

"No, but I said i'd let them know by tomorrow. Don't want them getting impatient and acting before we can."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2018, 08:30:05 pm »

"It's unfortunate timing to have them looking for the heart while we're dealing with these vampires," Emend replies, he then ponders for a moment.

"Can you hand me your phone for a minute? I want to see if I can trace back the call and then look through their records to see who contacted them."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

Continued from (Shadows of Things Past)

---

Just off the castle grounds meanwhile, Robor and Beats returned from their brief foray into the Shadow.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:42:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2018, 07:52:09 pm »

"Lets get inside fast and tell da others whats goin on." Beats says as he opens a portal to a safe location in the building

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2018, 04:32:38 am »

Killer hands Emend his phone, "I doubt they'll be using their real name"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2018, 07:13:20 am »

Emend attempts to do the trace he mentioned early woth the phone now in his hand.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2018, 05:44:37 pm »

Using forces, Emend was able to see the account of the person that had called the Saint - a Robert Swane, using an AT&T cell service in the Arlington Virginia area. Trying to find the guy's call logs however, was a little more difficult, as there was an overwhelming number of places they could be on the internet.

Emend got the feeling that he could get what he was looking for faster, if he could actually connect to the guy's cell via a call. Baring that, he could try spending time at his computer, trying to root the info out - or maybe try to tap into the guy's phone while he was making a call himself.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2018, 09:15:45 pm »

"I cooked, someone else can clean," UsdiYona announces, getting up to go digest on the couch.

"Better grab this for latter," she adds, swiping a bag of chips and some cold pepsis.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up