Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Witches & Demons & Flies - Oh My!  (Read 42067 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Witches & Demons & Flies - Oh My!
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2018, 06:35:01 pm »

"Tried burning him outa the car, didn't know he was in da dirt till after. An I had it hot enough ta melt metal so was worth a try if he tried ta come out."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2018, 11:51:49 am »

As Emend scried into the vampire's Haven, he saw the bizzare creatures Beats was going in about.

Looking into twilight from there, he saw the gostly shape of Robor laid out on the ground, the sole of one shoe still on fire.

A large spirit, like an odd cross between a star-nosed mole and hippopotamus, sniffed around the area slowly approaching Robor's unconscious form...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2018, 03:26:54 pm »

"Beats, open a portal back where you came from. I can send Miguel through and he can drag Robor over to this side. Then you can open another portal to the castle and Miguel can drag Robor through that. I don't think we can do anything else for him while he's still in the twilight without Morrowind."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2018, 04:17:03 pm »

Beats frowns for a second "Aright but be ready for dem when ya see inside" Beats opens the portal, locked to only the deciples and miguel, to on the platform set back a tiny bit from the inferno. He makes it a longer duration one but is ready to force it closed if somthing finds a way of trying to get through.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2018, 07:36:42 pm »

Emend nods in response to the plan.

"You can try to use your enchanted Cestus to pull him through if Miguel can't manage it," he adds.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »

As Beats opened his portal, the naked, bloated things without necks screeched an alarm. The other disciples then saw the horrible misshapen creatures - their faces jutting from their round barrel-like chests as they slobbered and champed through wide flat teeth. They  gathered around the portal and battered it with their odd forked limbs, until an angry roar sent them all scurrying away.

Miguel meanwhile, passed through the portal and produced his halberd to drive off the approaching sewer spirit. It didn't appear to want to fight and hurried away.

Hiking Robor over his shoulder, he quickly returned through the portal to set the unconscious disciple down near the Saint. Of course, the Saint (Killer) could only see the blurred outline of his fellow awakened.

"I will have nightmares after this," Miguel said, shaking is head.

As he did so, a massive ape-like mouth and fangs came into view on the other side of the portal - easily twice as large as the magical aperture itself. One of the giant war-ghouls was crouched down, trying to look through the portal. While it had no face proper - it was covered in a myriad of dull eyes randomly sprouting through its skin.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2018, 07:58:06 pm »

Beats decides to test somthing and reaching his mind through the portal tries to control a large bunch of fire to transfer it to the huge monstrocity.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2018, 12:10:05 am »

Killer briefly considers making an attempt to control the thing again but decides against wasting resources on something when they're already in a fairly precarious situation with the witches nearby. "Poor creatures. We should put them out of their misery when we can. Too dangerous to leave them in the sewers, don't want to think of what happens if they get into the city."

He looks back at Beats.

"Alright, Robor's on this side now. You can open up the next portal - or we can leave Robor here for now and take him with us when we portal out. This is what, your third portal of the day? You might have some pretty nasty backlash building up."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:11:53 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 09:45:52 am »

As Beats was attempting to cast through the portal, it abruptly collapsed.

A nearby gasp, drew the disciples' attention.

"Oh that was strange! Did you see that weird light Harry?" An elderly woman asked her equally elderly husband, as they stepped off the elevator on to this level of the parking garage.

"Just get in the car Ethel," the old man replied, unlocking the doors to a sleek black Mercedes Benz parked nearby.

"I wonder if those nice people saw it too?" The woman protested.

"Haa!" the old man huffed, opening the door for his wife; "Let them be Ethel, it's probably just your new pills again anyway."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2018, 09:52:33 am »

As this went on, Beats noticed that his radiation burns were not only failing to go away, but actually seemed to be getting worse.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »

"Well, Robor is incapacitated, but with Beats we should be able to handle the vampires should they catch on," Emend states, accessing the situation. "I'll keep an eye on them and when they make their move, we'll follow."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2018, 04:45:35 am »

Beats swears very very quietly and waves at the old couple, smiling before ducking out of sight of anyone nearby and using his healing abilities to try and cleanse himself of the radiation while leaving the wounds as they are for now (Self purging)

"We gotta get outa sight den I can get us safe." He says
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:49:19 am by Forge »

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2018, 12:54:22 pm »

UsdiYona steps into twilight, waves to Miguel with a smile, and carries Robor back to the physical world.

"Do I have to do everything around here? Sheesh! All this hard work is making me hungry again. Can somebody heal him already? I'm gonna need Pepsi and tacos after this. Didn't we pass a taco shack on the way here?" She says with a wry grin.  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2018, 12:59:39 pm »

As the young Native American girl vanished, only to reapear a moment later with a char-broiled unconscious man in her arms, the woman in the car now driving by, stared - eyes as big as golf balls.

She frantically babbled something to her husband in a histerical panic, only to be met by a roll of the eyes, as the man simple continued driving, to head on down the ramp.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:01:38 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2018, 01:09:50 pm »

Oh, forgot she could do that

Killer mumbles a spell at the old woman to have her leave (Lizard brain, suppress curiosity, enhance sense of self-preservation).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2018, 12:09:47 pm »

As Beats healed himself, sudden panicked screams were heard from the car that just passed by. The old woman (already on edge by what she thought she had seen) went completely ape-shit at Killer's spell.

The car swerved abruptly and slammed into another car at the end of the row - only for the woman to flail at the now blocked door, trying to get out.

While the elderly woman smashed at the window, trying to break out in a frenzied panic, her stunned husband tried in vain to calm her down. When her 'flight' mode switched to 'fight' - he opened the door and scrambled out onto the concrete to escape her wrath, crying for help.

"Someone help! My wife has gone crazy! HELP!!!"

The woman meanwhile, climbed out over him and took off running down the ramp - throwing her arms around herself wildly and shrieking manically - as if she was being chased by a swarm of invisible hornets.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2018, 12:13:24 pm »

"hmm, I should be able to do what Saint and Beats do," UsdiYona says, healing Robor with a newfound power.

"What the hell just happened to that woman?" UsdiYona say with an uncharacteristically darker tone. "Saint, what did you do?!?"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:17:35 pm by LadyZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2018, 12:38:12 pm »

"I used a spell to suppress her sense of curiosity and amplify her sense of self preservation to have her look away instead of continuing to gawk at us, it appears the spell was significantly more potent than I expected and drove her temporarily insane with fear - it's not normally supposed to be so extravagantly effective, especially as I was triggering multiple mental effects at once", Saint explains rather matter-of-factly.

"I'll cancel the spell now, at least she's out of sight and we can heal Robor."

After Usdi heals Robor on her own (much to Killer's delight and surprise), he casts analyze life on both Robor and Beats to make sure that they aren't being afflicted by anything else and are in appropriate condition to go onwards.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:42:06 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »

The woman stopped running and collapsed to her knees, sobbing.

Robor and Beats appeared fine now.

The old man meanwhile, went to console his wife, while pulling out a cell phone and calling 911.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2018, 06:58:37 pm »

Seeing everything that happened Beats glances around "Think it's time we got outa here, can USA da cars to make it nice an normal looking too."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2018, 07:03:07 pm »

And now, the team has failed at standing in a parking lot without drawing attention to ourselves. Emend thinks to himself, wondering if there is even anything he can do to keep the disciples on track at this point.

"It seems we can't stay here any longer. Let's move to another location," he states, entering his car. "There should be another parking garage nearby."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2018, 07:17:21 pm »

Killer nods his acceptance and goes to his own car, waiting for the group to split up between the two of them.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2018, 06:38:58 am »

Beats heads into the backseat of Saint's and hunkers down a little, more than used to how a guy of his appearance in Emends nicer car might attract attention.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2018, 07:12:22 am »

Robor opens his eyes with a start. Aftter a few seconds of darting his eyes back and forth to figure out where he is, and whose he with, he stands up.
"Nice." He says with a grin, before scrambling to follow the desciples into the car.
"Where are we going?!?"

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2018, 10:20:30 am »

"OK, hold on a sec," Usdiyona says to Saint. She then trots down to the crashed car and heals the old lady before coming back to the car and hopping in.

"She'll be fine," she reassured everyone. "I told her not to worry, because angels are real and we are taking care of all the scary stuff."

"The old man said 'Thank You'."  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2018, 10:55:27 am »

The disciples piled into the cars and drove to another parking garage a block or two away.

Taking the time to continue scrying out the demon girls at the restaurant, the team observed the four of them finish their meals, down a couple of long island iced teas, and then get up to head into the women's restroom.

There, they shifted back into the Shadow from the physical world - briefly revealing their true form and leaving behind a couple gallons of crimson blood that fell out of the air where they had been standing to splash across the floor in a horrifying mess.

The demons - now gone - had looked like grotesquely emaciated children with ruddy red skin tightly wrapped over their starving skeletal frames. They had charcoal colored cloven feet and no heads to speak of - but rather a long flat tentacle sprouting from between their shoulders that was lined on one side with row upon row of tooth-ringed suction cups.

Just moments after they had vanished, a restaurant server - suspecting that the four girls may have been planning a dine-and-dash - entered the restroom to check up on them.

Her screams could be heard all the way to the front of the restaurant.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2018, 12:33:28 pm »

Killer frowns

"It seems like they're going to get away. Robor, you don't think we can follow them do you?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2018, 04:38:48 pm »

"Maybe we should get clear, I used a lotta spells and dat might lead to some nasty situations if ah keep going." He glances around "Unless we get physical, den I can still fight"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2018, 06:31:49 pm »

"I'm pretty good at pulling people to the other side." Robor says.

"So yeah, We gotta follow them."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2018, 04:44:01 pm »

"Ooh, I can try that too," Usdiyona says to Robor.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2018, 04:49:16 pm »

"Uhg…" Miquel grunted in disgust; "If that's the demons' blood, why leave it all behind like that?!?"

To the Saint, he added - "At any rate, they passed through my side and right on to the other (back where the horrors lie...)."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2018, 05:19:01 pm »

"Miguel just said they went to the shadow. They probably have a lot of back up on that side that we can't really deal with."

Killer rubs his temples in frustration.

"I think we should head back to base and plan out our next move. Whoever it was that wanted to buy the heart is probably an extremely dangerous demon if they've got those things as their bodyguards. We need to find out who they are and where they're hiding. Our best bet has to be that sleeper, Robert Swane."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:00:47 am by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2018, 08:47:00 pm »

"Strange. I wonder if they understand the way the artifact works, and attempted to react as normal as possible, while still trying to prevent us from following them." Emend says, thinking out loud. He then turns to Saint.

"Regardless, they're clearly a powerful opponent, so I agree. Let's head back for now and plan our next move," he then turns to the remaining three.

"Whoever it was that showed up, was dangerous enough that we had to use the heart. I was hoping we could easily follow the four, but given what they did, it seems too risky to try now."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2018, 12:14:34 am »

"Ya used da heart?" Beats sighs a little "Yeh best we regroup an heal up, dis day got way more messed up wid those wierd flesh things too"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:19 am »

Killer starts the drive back to the castle where the disciples make their base, rather than risk Beats triggering a paradox.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2018, 11:26:48 pm »

"Ya used da heart?" Beats sighs a little "Yeh best we regroup an heal up, dis day got way more messed up wid those wierd flesh things too"
"What exactly happened down there? I saw you put up like, infinite fire, but not much else." Robor says.

"Are we sure the sleeper really matters? He's a sleeper."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:31 am »

"Well yeh, I sunlight portaled dem, one fled your way and da other I burnt. Sun an fire turn dem to dust real quick. As I waited on ya I increased da fire to purge their base outa da area in case he came back. seems like I mighta also melted whatever held dat wierd shield in place so da flesh things started coming. Once ya came back across into the fire and flame..." he pauses to set his next track to 'through the fire and flame' then continues "You got burnt bad and bugged outa dere but tha vamp went underground so I dug him up and threw him into the fire. Only noticed den how bad da radiation was so had ta portal out. Wait maybe I dug him out first den he went your way den you brought im back into da fire." he seems finished then adds "Think all day radiations gonna hurt the flesh bag things?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:55:05 am by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:06 pm »

“Last time I checked those things were just as alive as us. There were some corruptions to their internal structure but I believe that like most other living things they aren’t very big fans of radiation or fire. Hopefully it can do at least part of our job for us, we can’t have monsters like that running around under the city.”
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:34:50 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2018, 05:14:17 pm »

High Oaks Castle; Late Thursday Evening, February 8th 2018

It was beginning to get late, as the disciples finally arrived at High Oaks Castle by car. After settling in and discussing the situation a bit, a plan was hatched to steal Robert Swane's cell phone - the one he had been texting the buyer with at the restaurant.

Scrying out Mr. Swane proved easy, as he had already retired for the evening at his home (and was asleep in his room). The cell phone was charging on a nightstand by the bed and was a simple matter to reach through and take.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2018, 06:05:10 pm »

Beats carefully opens a small portal and does so, closing it up right after incase it was spotted and hands the phone off to Emend "There ya go, I'll leave the complicated tech part to you if ya don't mind."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2018, 06:20:03 pm »

Emend nods, and attempts to use his knowledge of forces to hack into the phone. Once he accomplishes that, he retrieves all the info out of it that he can, before attempting to trace where the number the buyer came from (given he was texted during their meeting identifying the number should be easy).

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2018, 07:43:35 pm »

Killer closes his eyes and keeps a spatial map of the castle grounds open to detect intruders. He can't ignore the possibility that the witches were watching Swane and knew about the theft.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2018, 08:00:31 pm »

Beats activates his spacial mage sight just in case there are any disturbances

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2018, 12:22:21 am »

Robor nods as the magic happens around him.

"We should probably return his phone once we're done with it yeah?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2018, 01:33:21 am »

"Yeh, I'll put it back"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2018, 06:46:36 pm »

Rooting out the info on Robert Swane's phone, Emend saw what he had seen before, plus the number Robert had been texting to.

With a little time on the computer, Emend was able to access Robert Swane's call logs. They appeared to be pretty mundane, being daily interactions between business clients, the office of Blume and Blumenthal, and his wife.

Nothing stood out as unusual, even when Emend spent time rooting out the clients themselves.

Accessing the internet and searching out info on the buyer's number revealed that it was new - as of today - and had only been used for the texting with Mr. Swane and nothing else.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2018, 06:57:04 pm »

"Can you pinpoint the other phone's location? It might have been disposed of but we could still use it as a medium to try and scry out its owner."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2018, 07:18:54 pm »

Emend again nods, and attempts to track its current location, going all the way to try and hack the satellite that the phone connected with to send its message.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2018, 08:35:47 pm »

"Plus, a postcog touch with my sword would let us instantly know who had it."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2018, 05:52:41 pm »

Amend located the cell phone in an alley near the restaurant they had been at. Looking in, he saw it in the possession of a hobo, who was sleeping in a large cardboard box near a dumpster.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up