Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Witches & Demons & Flies - Oh My!  (Read 41982 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Witches & Demons & Flies - Oh My!
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2018, 05:59:37 pm »

(Assuming Emend is telling them the location), Killer scries the area and casts analyze life on the hobo, looking only to confirm that he is not a demon before Beats goes in to collect the phone, trusting that he would be stealthy enough to get a phone from a sleeping man without the need for any intervention on anyone else's part.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2018, 06:19:15 pm »

Beats waits for Saint's go-ahead before making a move, it it is only a distance away he would suggest driving to avoid paradox but failing that he will use a portal to a nearby safe location and take the hobo's phone, either paying him way more than it is worth or leaving cash in it's place if the hobo is asleep/unconscious.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2018, 09:39:42 am »

There was nothing out of the ordinary about the scene, so Beats had the idea to simply reach through the scying window with apportation to retreve the phone.

He had to be getting tired, having been so worried about paradox that he had been fixating on portals, when a simple apprentice level spell was all he needed.

Unfortunately, his ghostly hand couldn't grasp the material object on the other side - for that he would have to learn matter.

Instead, he used forces, to extract all the data contained in the phone into a small ball of light, which he then brought through.

Maybe Emend could do something with that?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:34:53 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2018, 02:56:13 pm »

Searching around he offers it to Emend "Erm, want in in  phone or... like dis ok?" he looks half appooogetically as he talks "Kinda don't want open more petals right now"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2018, 10:05:04 pm »

Emend looks at the small ball of light quizzically. "I'll try it like this for now," he then attempts to manipulate it with his knowledge of forces to gain some insight from the phone.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2018, 12:03:39 am »

"Cool ball of light Beats."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2018, 10:08:13 am »

Analyzing the data, Emend could see that all the info in the phone had been erased (shortly after the time they had fled the restaurant). Even so, it was only erased in way of accessibility through the phone itself and wasn't to hard to drill down into on the memory to see a remnant of.

It looked like the phone had been purchased at a Walmart earlier, as shown by location data, then traveled directly to the restaurant, then dropped in the alley nearby. The cell plan was a basic texting pay by card plan.

Emend could see the texts sent to Mr. Swane during the meeting as well, then a couple of phone calls made from the alleyway after it had been ditched.

Checking out each of these leads, showed that the hobo who had gotten the phone in the alley and called a few friends to inform them he now had a phone that some guy tossed into the alley.

Getting on a computer and following up on the location where the phone had been purchased, Emend hacked into the store's security footage and saw the four "college girls" purchasing the phone with cash, then head out to the parking lot, where they tossed the phone into the window of waiting limo.

They then paired off, hopped into two cars and followed the limo - presumably to the restaurant for the meeting.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2018, 10:19:00 am »

"If we can't trace the phone then how about the limo? Can you see or trace it's plates?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »

"So just demon girls and the like?" Robor asks

"Who did he text? Maybe we can find the source by trailing the numbers."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2018, 05:51:27 pm »

"Can we like... track dem with traffic cams like in da movies? See where dey came from?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2018, 05:37:43 pm »

While the plates of the limo were obscured, the limo itself was easy enough to find on various camera systems across the city - it being the fancy enough in its own right (and the fact that its plates seemed magically hidden in every view of it).

After spending about three hours following the electronic trail of bread crumbs, Emend finally lost it, in Hyattstown Maryland - thirty miles northeast of Washington DC (as the crow flies).

The last glimpse of the limo, was from a camera at the entrance to the Little Bennet Golf Course on Prescot Road in Hyattstown, and then a corresponding blip of movement off the edge of another camera located at the golf course's maintenance facility across the street.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2018, 07:44:54 pm »

In a last ditch effort to find out anything, Killer scries out the golf course and its maintenance facility to see if he finds anything related to the limo or the witches or the supernatural in general, even something as small as a relation to Blume and Blumenthal - with fairly low hopes of success. If he doesn’t find anything he’ll sigh, shrug and say he gives up on following this lead.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:46:25 pm by Drakilian »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2018, 08:10:18 pm »

"Perhaps its fine that we don't catch them. We at the very least know that they're powerful, and that they want the heart. Maybe rather than chasing them, we should invite them," Emend states. "Here, to this manor."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2018, 08:51:55 pm »

“Would they fall for an ambush that obvious? I suppose we would have the advantage if we could prepare but if they send anyone I doubt it would be anything more than the most expendable peon.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2018, 09:51:04 pm »

"There's no need to actually ambush them. For now we just need to find out who they are. They might say no... but if they're an arrogant demon, perhaps they'll say yes," Emend replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2018, 10:04:46 pm »

"Won't inviting them just lead to the same shitshow we.
 Just got?" Robor asks

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2018, 05:33:04 pm »

In a last ditch effort to find out anything, Killer scries out the golf course and its maintenance facility to see if he finds anything related to the limo or the witches or the supernatural in general, even something as small as a relation to Blume and Blumenthal - with fairly low hopes of success. If he doesn’t find anything he’ll sigh, shrug and say he gives up on following this lead.

Scrying out the area reveals nothing, though the road does lead past the golf course and dead ends in a wood surrounded glade. Where the pavement ends, some disturbed gravel and worn ruts in the grass indicates that vehicles do occasionally drive off the road and into the glade.

No sign of the limo though - or anyone else about.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »

(If told about this Beats will scry and examine the gladenwith his spacial vision and ask Robor to look for a wierd spirit portal effect)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2019, 05:23:43 pm »

With nothing better to go on, the disciples plied their various visions through the scrying window to scrutinize the area where the road ended in the glade.

There wasn't anything unusual about it, until Robor looked with spirit and could tell that someone had a keyed spirit road at the end of the drive - meaning the limo must have just driven off the pavement and right into twilight or the shadow?!?

What, did they have a time share on that side or something?

UsdiYona meanwhile, could swear that she smelled Sarapheen's scent through the scrying window, though that brought up some rather curious metaphysical questions of how that would even be possible. Peering across the veil - through the window - she saw a leather sling cord hanging from a gnarled post in twilight. Below the sling were three silver sling bullets.

"That's Sarapheen's belt!" She exclaimed - "The one she wears around her waist! And some little ballee things that are also hers!"

By this time, the disciples had been up all night, and the morning news was just coming on TV. The news flash caught Emend's attention.

"The bodies of four female students, from Georgetown University, were found on campus early this morning in what appears to be some sort of pagan sacrifice ritual. The bodies were discovered in the basement storage area of the university's Archeology Department, in a pentagram circle with burnt candles. They appeared to have been drained of all blood. The cause of death and loss of blood has not yet been explained, though a campus maintenance worker told our reporters that when they found them, they had raised welts on their bodies that reminded him of the marks a giant octopus' suction cups might cause.

In another bizarre blood-related story, a local restaurant's bathroom was literally flooded in human blood last night. Investigators are baffled by both cases...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2019, 06:00:22 pm »

"Well we know were dey are at now. Robor can get us dere but now we know why we haven't seen Sera yet, dey have her and were gonna go in dere to get her back."

Beats states after a few moments silence.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2019, 11:18:19 am »

"Well we know were dey are at now. Robor can get us dere but now we know why we haven't seen Sera yet, dey have her and were gonna go in dere to get her back."

Beats states after a few moments silence.
"It's freaky." Robor says.
"And they're clearly challenging us. They wouldn't have left serapheen's belt there otherwise. We gotta take them out. Make these demons regret ever setting up in DC."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2019, 05:01:33 pm »

"That... spirit passage, ya need abilities to open it or if I let dem flesh beasts out right outside da entrance could dey get in?"

Beats inquires as he takes a moment to scry the platform, after all, there are some pretty messed up thi gs down there so why not use them to wear the enemy down first?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2019, 05:44:10 pm »

"That... spirit passage, ya need abilities to open it or if I let dem flesh beasts out right outside da entrance could dey get in?"

Beats inquires as he takes a moment to scry the platform, after all, there are some pretty messed up thi gs down there so why not use them to wear the enemy down first?
"I was just gonna open a road for us all to pass through, you wanna bring those monsters you were talking about ?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2019, 05:58:18 pm »

"Was just thinking it's gonna be a trap and if da fire and radiation didn't get dem, we got a whole load of powerful looking wierd things I could open a portal too right in front of tha spirit road thing. They go charging through and trigger whatever trap was waiting on us, we give it a min then follow through when you say it's safe."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2019, 06:25:48 pm »

Robor shrugs.
"Can't hurt, using their monsters against them."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2019, 09:21:26 pm »

Robor shrugs.
"Can't hurt, using their monsters against them."

"It could, if they can somehow control them, or if the traps don't trigger," Emend replies. "We should investigate the Georgetown University killings. It might gives us some clues about who, or what, we're dealing with."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2019, 01:30:14 pm »

"Well dat way is definitely safer than my plan, I don't wanna loose too much time though if dey are really holding  Sera."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2019, 03:07:51 pm »

"I could postcog the room maybe? Should see what went down." Robor says, waving his sword.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2019, 06:24:54 pm »

"I would be able to control the flesh beasts if I were to exert my will on them. Depending on how many Life masters they have they could do the same on short notice. I think it might be too risky to bring along anything or anyone that isn't under our direct command," Killer adds.

"Though since the big ones are amalgamates of multiple beings they're likely to be much harder to control. On the other hand things would also go much worse for us if they did end up getting seized."

You will not be bringing them with you. Those "things" are people.

They're doomed. We could have them contribute to the Lord's cause one last time before they die.

No. I will only let you put them to rest. Nothing more. To even consider using those poor souls like that... I cannot believe Beats would suggest something like this.

Maybe he just doesn't think of them as human anymore? Can hardly blame him for the mistake, I doubt the people themselves even remember they're human at this point.

"I'm surprised they got their hands on Sarapheen though... was she conducting a personal investigation that we didn't know about? I had always assumed if she wasn't with us she was safe up in heaven."

"We should agree on when to next meet. We might not have much time to save Sarapheen but I think we need to recover and prepare. I'd like to ready myself and the rest of you as much as possible if we're going to challenge our enemy in the twilight. I'd like at least a day to prepare."

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2019, 08:25:49 pm »

"Yes, let's check out the college place. But first I need to hibernate for a bit, a girl needs a moment to digest her meal."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up