Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings and . . . . ..  (Read 10734 times)

area_51_games

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Greetings and . . . . ..
« on: October 01, 2009, 01:00:23 am »

hello I am Chris and I am from the future . .  .
no not really, like you would believe me if I even started that line of bull, so I just read the review this afternoon from Web warlock, thougt it sounded great and bought the PDF, NOW it is really helpful that I work for fedex office, because its really cheap to get these printed and placed in page protectors and binders! bought the bundle on RPGDRIVETHRU, and off and ready to explore some ideal!
and some questions about your main setting?

1. is there still deep space exploration, have the future tryed any long distance colonization?
2. robots wehre are the robots, have you seen what we have now think what near hundred years from now would have as for robots, Androids, or even Robotic combat armor?
3. like the psionics , how about mutants?
5. check out a old game called Justifiers < enough said there>
4. what about Aliens- just solar myths?
6. what about Planet x and the other Plutotiods , sense now there seem to be a few out there, what if they where reached and found to be miniral rich or even have some alien artifiacts- and what about the alien artifiact on mars. . . .
by the way great game I think it well work out great and I think i WELL WORK ON SOME OF THOSE IDEAL ON MY OWN.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and . . . . ..
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:11:13 am »

Hi area_51_games, nice to have you with us - Welcome to the Comlink  :)

Thoses are some interesting questions.  I'll come back to them in sometime today or tomorow when I get a chance to write up some responses.  We actually do have some of them already addressed  :)

Feel free to check out the rest of the forum and post any questions, coments, or topics you might have.  I hope you get a chance to play the game with your group.  When you do, let us know how it goes  ;D

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and . . . . ..
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:02:30 am »

1. is there still deep space exploration, have the future tryed any long distance colonization?
Not in the core setting, but of course GMs are free to expand their game in any direction they want.  Part of the original design was to keep things in a manageable scale – so we intentionally limited it to the bounds of our own Solar System when creating the game.  

In the base setting, there is still exploration, but it is all limited to within what can be covered by conventional space travel (about 120,000 MPH).  Hypergates are used, but their reach is still limited.  Of course, a GM can easily lift that kind of restriction, even going as far as having a Stargate-like setting if they wanted.

2. robots wehre are the robots, have you seen what we have now think what near hundred years from now would have as for robots, Androids, or even Robotic combat armor?
In the setting, that kind of technology does exist (see cybernetic limbs and cyberware for example) but is very expensive/rare/closely guarded.  Sentient robots are even possible, but everything is much more subdued and hidden in shadows rather than what you might see in a Star Wars setting.

3. like the psionics , how about mutants?
Check out my response to this HERE :)

5. check out a old game called Justifiers < enough said there>
I checked it out briefly.  From what I read, it has a pretty well detailed setting.  Definitely something you could bring you BHB games into if you wanted I think :)

4. what about Aliens- just solar myths?
Right now, in the core setting, man is alone in the universe – but again anything is possible in your own games – especially if you bring mutations, superpowers, or magic into your games.

6. what about Planet x and the other Plutotiods , sense now there seem to be a few out there, what if they where reached and found to be miniral rich or even have some alien artifiacts- and what about the alien artifiact on mars. . . .
We expand a bit on some of the system’s planetoids in our ‘Blast Off!’ starship supplement (coming out soon) – and introduce space pirates as well ;D

See my response above on aliens.

by the way great game I think it well work out great and I think i WELL WORK ON SOME OF THOSE IDEAL ON MY OWN.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

BZ

Pages: [1]   Go Up