Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pathfinder Kingmaker  (Read 3960 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Pathfinder Kingmaker
« on: December 06, 2018, 07:04:45 pm »

Since Forge mentionned he's into DnD and we're all a bunch of tabletop nerds I figured i'd give this a shoutout. Super fun game. Probably the third best game i've ever played actually, behind Witcher 3 and Nier Automata. Started out as a buggy mess but I enjoyed it so much regardless that after a friend let me play his copy I bought it for myself.

Mixed reviews were mostly due to it releasing largely unfinished (they ran out of money but they've mostly patched it by now) and people who couldn't handle the game's difficulty - start is a little tough like most DnD games but by the time your builds come online at ~7/8 you'll be rolling through stuff even on the higher difficulty settings.

Whole game is also on a timer, which sounds awful but the timer is very generous, it's mostly there to stop resting abuse, which is what normally trivializes the online tabletop adaptation games.

It does have long loading screens though, I wouldn't play it without an SSD to cut down the load times. It's got some good quality of life mods too, which you might check out. It's a very long game as well, they adapted the entirety of the kingmaker modules. It's massive to the point that after they released the game they admitted they should have probably cut some stuff because it made testing a nightmare (hence all the bugs on release).

If you've got the time/money to spend on it I can highly recommend picking it up when it probably goes on sale this christmas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up