Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown anniversary has passed, what did you do?  (Read 6231 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Lockdown anniversary has passed, what did you do?
« on: March 04, 2021, 12:24:56 pm »

So, as a year of lockdowns has come and gone, we look back and reminisce on what we gained, lost and learned in that time! Or at least vaguely allude to the interesting bits.

Leaving each countries successes and failures aside, what were your personal gains or new things that only happened due to the pandemic?

I was more heavily locked down as I directly treat covid patients constantly at work so I barely left the house apart from special occasions. Obviously sports and most outdoor things were fully closed here so my gains were mostly indoors. I reached the three year anniversay of my main online game I DM for and we are slowly building to the climax. Pandemic meant we play at least once a week for about 4 hours since we have little else to do. I also play in a different weekly online game that used to be my in person game my wife DMs (2 hour sessions) and play in a pbp on discord. I have also run and am planning more 1 shots for work friends. Other than games I have done a ridiculous amount of DIY, full Reno's of a bathroom, bedroom and most of the garage (plumbing can be tricky) and minor ones of other rooms. I have taken up brewing and am making my own cider at home. I have learned to ski! (I already snowboard but learned skiing this winter as it is easier for the kids to learn. Also I can go to an empty hill and learn solo, yay social distancing sport).

What about the rest of you?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Lockdown anniversary has passed, what did you do?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:16:58 pm »

Terrifying that it’s been a year.

Haven’t had any crazy stories. Graduated college with no graduation so that was cool 😎

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 01:07:00 pm »

Haven’t had any crazy stories. Graduated college with no graduation so that was cool 😎

Congrats!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 10:34:33 pm »

Congrats!!!

My life honestly barely changed due to covid. Weekly hangouts with friends happen over Discord instead of in person now, and I work from home only going into the office when necessary (but I was doing something similar before anyway).

How's work been treating you Forge? I think I remember a post you made a while ago near the start about being super busy but I assume stuff calmed down for you at some point if you've had a lot of free time.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 02:11:11 am »

Thanks guys!

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 12:00:59 pm »

Things calmed a lot after they got all the pandemic protocols in place and made proper isolation wards. Still doing a lot of CTs and portables compared to the old normal but we settled into it well so deff much more relaxed

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 08:27:29 pm »

You get the vaccine yet Forge? I heard Canada isnt doing well with the vaccine distribution

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 10:04:26 pm »

You get the vaccine yet Forge? I heard Canada isnt doing well with the vaccine distribution

It's been handed out to medical personal and the elderly, my own grandparents just got it done today, so it's been making the rounds.

I would actually assume Forge has gotten it by now

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 02:51:23 pm »

yup, just got my second dose so I am fully vaccinated. Most healthcare workers and elderly should have theirs or will get it soon. They are receiving a couple million more this/next week so more rolling out as we speak hopefully.

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 12:38:01 pm »

I found out I've been diagnosed with chronic PTSD and bi-polar disorder with blind rage. I kind of always knew it, but I guess it's official now.

Other than that, not to get too political, I still can't get over the fact that we have a fake president (who stole our election and everybody knows it). I voted 'NO' for Joe & The Ho, but it is what it is.

On a positive note, we are looking to move closer to the mountains, which we love. We also have a beautiful new grandson, thank God after four daughters!  ;D I always knew God had a sense of humor.

I look forward to playing again with y'all soon!

~Lady Z

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 12:49:45 pm »

Hi all!

I've used all the downtime to work on my Legacy of Dracula's Castle game on CYS - it might crack a million words by the end (already a quarter of the way there)!

As Lady Z said, we're looking at moving to the mountains and going full hillbilly haha!

We always wanted our own little slice of privacy, and love cabin camping, but now it's time to own our own little retreat (only we'll just be there full time lol)!

I also want to have signs posted along the lines of 'Trespassers Will Be Shot', but that actually say 'Trespassers Will Be Subject To Redneck Justice'  ;)

Once we move, I will be opening a full time Fitness Gym - using Station Drills, like they do with the 9 Rounds business model.

I also went ahead and renewed the BHB domain for a couple of more years, so the site will still be here for another decade, which should be enough time to actually get back to it and breath renewed like into it again haha!

Anyway, miss you guys and our awesome adventures!

Take care and keep checking in now and again! We'll Be Back!  8)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 12:53:19 pm »

Oh hey Aman, now that you graduated (congrats!), where you going to/did end up? Still in Israel or the US?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 01:17:45 am »

Congrats on grandson!!! That’s huge!!!  That’s so fun. Hopefully the mountains aren’t too far away from him (and your daughters lol)

going to law school in VA so I’m still in US. (dw you guys arent getting rid of me that easily)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 09:47:35 am »

Congrats on the grandson! (If I didnt need to be a certain  distance from a hospital I would love to be more rural on my own land. We might love somewhere near the ocean in a year or two. Ocean in front and mountains right behind would be nice)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 08:38:18 pm »

Oh hey, activity here again! Great to hear Forge stayed safe and is now vaccinated, Aman graduated, and Berka/Lady Z are returning to the wilderness after getting that grandson  ;)

Like Drak and unlike most people, for better or worse I didn't get to experience not having a job. Being a tech company we simply moved to all being remote. In fact I think we're close to the year-long anniversary of that. Moving to Toronto to experience the big city then being on lockdown for the year ended up being a pretty big letdown. It's looking like this would be the status quo for most of 2021 as well, so hears hoping 2022 is at least better...

This also makes for the second year in a row where I wanted to go back to Japan but can't due to the damn lockdown.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2021, 01:32:02 pm »

Well, I'm working here in Tennessee now, but still don't have a home lol! I suppose that's a good sign? If everyone wants to live here, right?

After a series of misadventures, and getting scammed by Realty companies charging an application fee (knowing they got nothing, but failing to tell you that - "Oh I'm sorry, that rental was filled before we got your application.")... Anyway, we get to move into our new house June 1st.

Ah well. Eastern TN and the Appalachian Mountains are beautiful. I'm not used to all this clean air and crystal clear rivers!  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 10:51:33 pm »

Hey Killa, what happened to your avatar?!?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 05:47:22 pm »

Rip the kitty

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 07:46:54 pm »

Poor Kitty.

Sorry to hear about the scams but grats in the house BZ!

I was wierd moving up here and seeing the same, Mountains, rivers and forests everywhere with clean air. It's nice :)

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 10:12:43 pm »

Hey Killa, what happened to your avatar?!?

Uhhhhhh, it disappeared from the internet it seems. Or rather, it moved slightly lol. Fixed it.

Sucks to hear about the housing situation started off rough, but sounds like it worked out in the end.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2021, 11:21:57 pm »

Rip the kitty
Says the guy who doesn't have an avatar anymore either haha  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up